New Slot Announcement The first slot where you do not want to win!

Harry_BKK

Closed Account
Just stumbled across this newly released slot from Push Gaming - Turn it UP!

Unbelievable, but this is the first slot where you want to go 19 spins without a win as that could activate the x10 multiplier. Never thought we slotters would see the day where we spin the reels praying that we do not win. :rolleyes: :D

Basically, the slot choses randomly one enhancer and on losing spins, the bottom row starting with diamonds will eliminate those symbols from the reels and the top row will increase the win multiplier. Push Gaming is calling it Reel Enhancers.

Other random enhancers can though strike on any spin, hence, it is not all straightforward. But the concept that you want to lose money first is just mindblowing! :eek:

Game providers are increasingly messing up our brains. First, BTG made waiting 1,000's of spins for a bonus round the "new normal" and now Push Gaming is promoting happiness on losing spins. :rolleyes:

Capture 1361 (800x448).jpg

Last edited:
That idea goes back 50 years,Bell Fruits Full house awarded 10 coins for a number of consecutive losing spins
Fraid to say I played it many times

Really? So they messed our brains up a long time ago. :rolleyes:

I was just about to do the review for the game and realized I was sitting there hoping it wouldn't pay to have the multiplier going higher. Once it daunted on me I was like... "this can't be true, now their trying to let us see something good in a losing spin". :rolleyes:

But the high multiplier is pretty much the only chance to hit some serious wins on this slot.

Why don't slot designers keep it simple?

Why not just have a game you load up with your balance showing, have a pop-up box asking 'Proceed? Y/N' which you don't activate. Instead, we have a wheel with 50/50 segments of yes and no!

Obviously if you hit no you lose your entire bankroll. If you hit yes, it simply leads you to another wheel!

I've patented it so BTG don't nick it, the filthy bastards :eek:

Remember microgamings the dark knight rises, Used to not want to trigger the bonus on that because the longer it goes without a trigger the more free spins (and sometimes multipliers) batman and bane would add.

Yes indeed The Dark Knight Rises, I remember that I was always hoping to get at least to x3 before it would trigger the Free Spins.

It somehow defeats the idea of taking a gamble when we are pressing "spin".

The norm in gambling/betting psychology is that games are built to give players hope that they score a win when the reels stop. Here we have now a game provider promoting the idea that we should hope to score a losing spin, making it not only psychologically OK to lose but also turns the established gambling pattern upside down.

Hence, now we have the adrenaline pumping not on a big win, but when the game gives us a losing spin. Truly bizarre.

Minotaur(us?) from Endorphina is kinda like that :oops:

you get one wild reel (2nd - 4th) and multi increases on each losing spin, until you actually win something. Mind you its some sort of bonus feature so having base game that works the same way would definitely be a bit confusing.

rooting for 19 dead spins usually only happens when i win like $10 from first free spin and dont want to have $100k wagering requirements :p

I see there are some big win videos on it already but when I tried it for fun yesterday it was dire... Did something like 700 spins which only had 2 bonus rounds: around 150 and 10x. And the biggest basegame hit was around 40x. I'm avoiding this one with real money. Not my cup of tea.

Had my VS funds available after reaching my Loss Limit, in what seems like 3 years ago. So they became available early this morning!

As I'm on my slot pilgrimage/ break right now, it was weird slotting after about a month. So I whacked on DOA and went for it!

Soon bust out though. Didn't even change bet sizes during.

Basically I was happy to reach 0. I hope that was relevant to this particular discussion :eek::D

(Did get two shit bonuses though, which had me firmly planted in my seat throughout :thumbsup:)

Bridezilla is another where you hope to 'miss' - the free spins and multipliers wont hit if you get a winning combo during FS
I think Tiger's Eye and The Grand Journey also rely on losing to increase mult.

I did something similar on the (not very good) The Guardians for Inspired, and also Shamrock Lock - where in the feature, you wanted to lose because if you did, it would add an extra wild reel for every losing spin... i might bring that concept back actually, i liked the reverse psychology of it :) Of course, once you had reels 2 through 5 wild, you were guaranteed a 40 line win

I did something similar on the (not very good) The Guardians for Inspired, and also Shamrock Lock - where in the feature, you wanted to lose because if you did, it would add an extra wild reel for every losing spin... i might bring that concept back actually, i liked the reverse psychology of it :) Of course, once you had reels 2 through 5 wild, you were guaranteed a 40 line win

Need a assistant or job opening soon? Save me from this hell I am in, Even though I still don't know anything about it. I can still tell you what the bad games are like Donuts from BTG. :p

I think its very interesting to see this mechanic in a well-produced, new game. I also like that its in the basegame to really see what it feels like. For me, the chasing experience feels a bit confused and I often feel like it evens itself out, giving a 2-5x win that I just feel disappointed about.

That said, I think the game is a breath of fresh air in an otherwise stagnant year of multiplying and/or spreading wilds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back