Texas weather - WTH!

anniemac

Ueber Meister
PABnoaccred
It is 8:00a.m. this Sunday morning and here's the current temp - 68° F.
The current for today: Hi: 84° | Lo: 70°

Mainly cloudy. A few peeks of sunshine possible. Very warm. High 84F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph.

And the rest of the week:

Mon Hi: 83° Lo: 66°
Tue Hi: 66°Lo: 51°
Wed Hi: 69°Lo: 51°
Thu Hi: 76°Lo: 51°
Fri Hi: 79°Lo: 54°
Sat Hi: 80°Lo: 54°

It is the middle of March, dead of winter, and I am still wearing shorts. For those of you who don't know what this means in Texas weather, we are going to die from heat stroke by May. It is raining now but if things hold true, we won't get any rain from the end of May until October and we haven't recovered from the last several years of drought.

Jeez, this is hard on an old lady!

Way too warm too early... hell... it never got cold this winter for more than one or two mornings. We've had highs in the mid 80's for a week, with another week of it expected. No wonder we've had such nasty tornadoes so early.

Just to give you a reference ... 85/86 degrees is 17 degrees above our average daytime temps for March. In other words, we're already having June weather.

Yep... us southerners will be melted down into one huge pile of goo by June. And nothing but a greasy spot left by August.

And Lordy, the fireants will be building condos in my yard. The mosquitoes will be big as bats. To say nothing of the fleas and ticks.

I have refused to turn on the AC in Feb/Mar. Got every window and door open. At least the air is fresh. LOl!

I know you folks in the north with all the snow etc. think we're crazy bitching about the weather here but enough is enough.

Same here in the Boston area. We've had almost zero snow this winter as well.

Weather all over has been skewed this year. Actually, past years have not been so normal either. Global warming or a normal deviation for the earth? Humans have been on this earth for such a relatively short time in the earth's history. Maybe we are just heading into a warming cycle for the next few years. It is hard to deal with such changes but....Thank Gawd for air conditioning!!! :D In ten years we will probably be freezing our asses off! :p

I'm in Tennessee here and it was in the 80's here today and is suppose to be this way all week. Wasps are the demons here this year, they are swarming everywhere! I have a feeling between the insects, the storms and the wierd noises coming from the sky we are in for one crazy summer!

I'm in Tennessee here and it was in the 80's here today and is suppose to be this way all week. Wasps are the demons here this year, they are swarming everywhere! I have a feeling between the insects, the storms and the wierd noises coming from the sky we are in for one crazy summer!

TN too, already had to mow the lawn, it's crazy!

And Lordy, the fireants will be building condos in my yard. The mosquitoes will be big as bats. To say nothing of the fleas and ticks.

I have refused to turn on the AC in Feb/Mar. Got every window and door open. At least the air is fresh. LOl!

I know you folks in the north with all the snow etc. think we're crazy bitching about the weather here but enough is enough.

You are doing your bit for the environment by not turning the A/C on during these supposedly winter turning to spring months but the whole world needs to play a part against global warming and I dont see that happening soon as many underdeveloped countries get richer. In every corner of the globe the climate is in for a drastic change, one way or the other.

Chu,

It is just against my principles to run my AC in the winter. Plus, it's so dang expensive to have to run the AC all the time. I like fresh air anyway. LOL!

Gotta mow my lawn tomorrow. The only redeeming thing in this whole heat wave is that there will be enough grass for hay before the drought hits us again.

It is also unusually warm here aswell, we didn't have to light the fire until after 6 o'clock in the evening for the last 2 weeks, but I love this weather :D

It is also unusually warm here aswell, we didn't have to light the fire until after 6 o'clock in the evening for the last 2 weeks, but I love this weather :D

The South East of the UK is soon to be subject to drought measures, with a hosepipe ban coming into force on the 5th April. A dry spring and summer would cause this to spread to more northern and western regions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back