President Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the inauguration went off rather well, although the media bias remained clear in much of the television reportage and commentary I viewed; imo that does not help in unifying America behind a legitimately elected president, and neither does the attitude of so-called and in many cases self-serving role models and 'celebrities'...they should in my view be practising what they preach when it comes to "democracy" and at the very least acknowledge the traditional and peaceful transition of power.

Trump's speech, which was overtly political and signalled his America First intentions, was harder than the polite and conciliatory tone usual on occasions like this, but I guess that's Trump, and it had inspiration for supporters of his agenda. Some of the expressions on the faces of the politicians assembled were a sight to behold. My impression was that Michelle Obama perhaps understandably did not look happy at all throughout, although the former president was his usual smooth self.

It appears that Trump really does intend to carry through on many of his promises and that these were not mere election rhetoric...that suggests major international policy changes with far reaching impacts in the future.

US politics are going to be interesting, given Trump's confrontational and unconventional political style.

I don't understand americans at all. Didn't understand the first Bush vote...didn't understand the 2nd one either. Now the same thing happens with Trump all over again. Feels like americans really don't appreciate intelligence. Wouldn't surprise me if they re-elect him in 4 years again. Doesn't matter how many times he lies and people still vote for him...just ridiculous country. I mean you know Trump doesn't give a damn about you people. The only people Trump cares about are Trump. Whatever decisions he makes it's to benefit Trump and that's it. His cabinet is full of his kind of people. Guess you need to suffer another 8 years before you elect another democrat to fix your country once again.

Rather provocative liberal slight on the intelligence of folks with a different political view, don't you think?

I thought the inauguration went off rather well, although the media bias remained clear in much of the television reportage and commentary I viewed; imo that does not help in unifying America behind a legitimately elected president, and neither does the attitude of so-called and in many cases self-serving role models and 'celebrities'...they should in my view be practising what they preach when it comes to "democracy" and at the very least acknowledge the traditional and peaceful transition of power.

Trump's speech, which was overtly political and signalled his America First intentions, was harder than the polite and conciliatory tone usual on occasions like this, but I guess that's Trump, and it had inspiration for supporters of his agenda. Some of the expressions on the faces of the politicians assembled were a sight to behold. My impression was that Michelle Obama perhaps understandably did not look happy at all throughout, although the former president was his usual smooth self.

It appears that Trump really does intend to carry through on many of his promises and that these were not mere election rhetoric...that suggests major international policy changes with far reaching impacts in the future.

US politics are going to be interesting, given Trump's confrontational and unconventional political style.

That is questionable right now...there is proof that the Russians interfered with the election to favor trump....so legimately elected president....I don't think so....now just for a moment imagine that Clinton was elected with the help of the Russians....I don't think she would have ever been sworn in...he was already talking not accepting the results before election date so you can imagine what would have happened if the roles were reversed.....and he lost the popular vote by 3 million votes.

the democrats are too nice...

My problem with trump are not his policies but rather his way with people. He is racist. Misogynystic, and a bully.

and a liar. How many times has he lied? Footage and audio clips of proof that he said something and yet he denies it.

I hope he will follow thru on his promises of jobs, bolstering the middle class...
I spent some of my childhood in Connecticut, went to school in NYC....I love the USA. It is my home away from home. I would hate for it to be ravaged by a bunch of billionaires looking to make more money on the backs of the 99%.

I do not believe that the system of checks and balances in the US election system could be so subverted, or indeed was undermined to the extent of invalidating the entire election.

In any case this "proof that the Russians interfered with the election to favor trump" assertion so loosely bandied about in the media troubles me, simply because it is presented as a statement of fact when I have yet to see the real evidence beyond rather nebulous and undetailed quotes from CIA and other intelligence agency documents suggesting interference was so pervasive and persuasive that it may have contaminated the election process.

It would be more convincing to see something that might stand up to even fundamental judicial scrutiny, for example.

If real proof existed I would have thought that the "too nice" Democratic Party would have jumped on it to derail the Trump accession in much the same way as liberals tried initially to subvert the function and purpose of the Electoral College. Or their alleged use of a ten year old braggart videotape to kill off Trump during the election process and other negative tactics so freely deployed.

Some of the stuff the Democrats pulled was as nasty as that used by Trump's campaign, and as I have opined before, te election was a distasteful affair in general with the electorate presented with a choice of two equally unpleasant candidates.

Given the media onslaught on Trump (and it seems it is set to continue) I remain astonished that he was in the end elected...I did not see that coming.

To be clear, I'm not a Trump fan and some of his statements and attitudes have made me cringe, but the fact remains that he prevailed in this election and is now the man in charge. That doesn't shield him from fair comment and criticism...provided it is fair and balanced.

And surely, as someone else here posted earlier, Trump's success is tied to that of the nation; now that he is legitimately in the hot seat should he not be given the opportunity to show what he can achieve for his country and his countrymen and women?

The continued intolerance and negative attitudes of the left are not creating a productive environment imo.

Rather provocative liberal slight on the intelligence of folks with a different political view, don't you think?

Sure I usually have liberal views but conservatives had a few good candidates. John Kasich (by far the best candidate in the whole field imo...from republicans and democrats!) was one of them but instead of some reasonable guy you elect some manipulator who doesn't pay his bills to small businesses, has fraudent "university", lies about the audit of his taxes obviously...well 70% or so what Trump said was complete bs and still he gets elected. Sorry but quite hard to imagine people being smart if electing a guy like him. Now he's in charge of many american lives too but guess those lives didn't matter that much to voters. Just wanted to say fu to politicians and press or whatever ridiculous reason. About the same with Brexit really. Yeah be angry and make stupid choices. Gladly americans are the ones who need to live with the consequences.
It's funny how americans claim to have the greatest country in the world or whatever...by what standards? Greatest military? Yeah can agree with that. But all the basic things you have totally messed up. Basic education...people barely can read there...but guess that's how republicans want it so they have a chance in elections. Healthcare seems to be only for wealthy enough people. Now let's start polluting more so you get nice factories too. Screw the environment...oh and what global warming? Oh right...chinese hoax.

I do not believe that the system of checks and balances in the US election system could be so subverted, or indeed was undermined to the extent of invalidating the entire election.

In any case this "proof that the Russians interfered with the election to favor trump" assertion so loosely bandied about in the media troubles me, simply because it is presented as a statement of fact when I have yet to see the real evidence beyond rather nebulous and undetailed quotes from CIA and other intelligence agency documents suggesting interference was so pervasive and persuasive that it may have contaminated the election process.

It would be more convincing to see something that might stand up to even fundamental judicial scrutiny, for example.

If real proof existed I would have thought that the "too nice" Democratic Party would have jumped on it to derail the Trump accession in much the same way as liberals tried initially to subvert the function and purpose of the Electoral College. Or their alleged use of a ten year old braggart videotape to kill off Trump during the election process and other negative tactics so freely deployed.

Some of the stuff the Democrats pulled was as nasty as that used by Trump's campaign, and as I have opined before, te election was a distasteful affair in general with the electorate presented with a choice of two equally unpleasant candidates.

Given the media onslaught on Trump (and it seems it is set to continue) I remain astonished that he was in the end elected...I did not see that coming.

To be clear, I'm not a Trump fan and some of his statements and attitudes have made me cringe, but the fact remains that he prevailed in this election and is now the man in charge. That doesn't shield him from fair comment and criticism...provided it is fair and balanced.

And surely, as someone else here posted earlier, Trump's success is tied to that of the nation; now that he is legitimately in the hot seat should he not be given the opportunity to show what he can achieve for his country and his countrymen and women?

The continued intolerance and negative attitudes of the left are not creating a productive environment imo.

negative attitudes of the left? Trump had such a positive campaign. Ridiculing each of his opponents, attacking basically everyone. Screw muslims, mexicans, women etc. But somehow the left has the attitude problem...right. Republicans tried to block everything that Obama was doing during his presidency and you're telling me that the left has attitude problem? There's a reason why congress had a nice approval rating around 20% or so if I remember correctly. Still they manage to elect republicans once again.

I have to say I'd probably like him better if he'd stay off Twitter. IMO he's way too reactive about any critical mention of himself by anyone in the media and his way of dealing with it is tweeting one of his standard insults - 'loser', 'disaster', 'overrated', 'crooked', 'failing', 'sad'....and the media of course latches on to it and then it's plastered everywhere. And if they're critical then he tweets some more, then they report and he tweets and it ends up this big circle of crap.

BTW, The NY Times started compiling all
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
since the campaign started, it's actually kinda weird to read and know that this is the president of the USA that wrote all of those things.

That's unfortunately typical of the arrogant pseudo-intellectual liberal elite whose opinions seem to have permeated society from the bottom up, via the schools, media and colleges. They've given up on what they consider the 'old timers' (people who remember discipline and monoculturalism) but still aim their vitriol and illogicality at them while engendering political correctness and unquestioning subservience to their ideals in the rest of the population. It's a big shock to them when despite their huge arsenal of media advantage and sycophantic 'celebrities' they get their butts kicked in democratic votes, their shocked realization that reasonably-minded people see right through them....:D

That's unfortunately typical of the arrogant pseudo-intellectual liberal elite whose opinions seem to have permeated society from the bottom up, via the schools, media and colleges. They've given up on what they consider the 'old timers' (people who remember discipline and monoculturalism) but still aim their vitriol and illogicality at them while engendering political correctness and unquestioning subservience to their ideals in the rest of the population. It's a big shock to them when despite their huge arsenal of media advantage and sycophantic 'celebrities' they get their butts kicked in democratic votes, their shocked realization that reasonably-minded people see right through them....:D

Brilliant point Dunover

Daily Mirror today's front page, "Trump's war on the world"

?!?!?!? huh what, very very dangerous headline, more fake news and lies from leftist liberal disgrace.

The BBC and Channel 4 are 100% anti Brexit and Trump, it's an utter disgrace especially from the BBC!

I watch Channel 4 news every night, because it helps me practice my eye-rolling technique.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yep......got it down to a tee.

Protestors are nothing but criminals. They are trouble makers who rarely even have a belief but more look for an excuse to smash shit up.

Please tell me how lighting a car on fire is going to change anything. All you are doing is being dangerous.

There are protests with every president. Happened with Obama and Bush etc.

He seems like the peoples president and his speech was great. Hopefully he does what he says.

SOME OF THESE PROTESTERS THE MORE AGRESSIVE ONES ARE PAID UP TO 1500.00 DOLLARS PER EVENT :(

Great way to protest for democracy...burn people's cars and smash their windows (now where's that eye-roll icon McGameboy was talking about....!) :rolleyes: Got it!

I don't understand americans at all. Didn't understand the first Bush vote...didn't understand the 2nd one either. Now the same thing happens with Trump all over again. Feels like americans really don't appreciate intelligence. Wouldn't surprise me if they re-elect him in 4 years again. Doesn't matter how many times he lies and people still vote for him...just ridiculous country. I mean you know Trump doesn't give a damn about you people. The only people Trump cares about are Trump. Whatever decisions he makes it's to benefit Trump and that's it. His cabinet is full of his kind of people. Guess you need to suffer another 8 years before you elect another democrat to fix your country once again.

Like voting for Clinton would have made things right...
Let's see, where did 93% of the monies go that were donated for the people in Haiti to rebuild their country..That's right, into the Clinton Foundation and straight after into the pockets of the Clinton family...
Besides that she would be a bigger risk in starting WW3 than Trump at any day!! Because Clinton belongs to the camp where the war industry needs to keep rolling 24/7 and thus useless wars are necissary.
Spending billions and billions in that industry while half of the country cannot even afford health care insurance.

And let's not forget her hillbilly husband who rather sticks cigars in you know where instead of running his country as he was supposed to do.

The Clintons are pure evil and I am glad she did not get that job!!!!

I will be following Trump and hope he will act outside of this NWO club in Washington DC.

Like voting for Clinton would have made things right...
Let's see, where did 93% of the monies go that were donated for the people in Haiti to rebuild their country..That's right, into the Clinton Foundation and straight after into the pockets of the Clinton family...
Besides that she would be a bigger risk in starting WW3 than Trump at any day!! Because Clinton belongs to the camp where the war industry needs to keep rolling 24/7 and thus useless wars are necissary.
Spending billions and billions in that industry while half of the country cannot even afford health care insurance.

And let's not forget her hillbilly husband who rather sticks cigars in you know where instead of running his country as he was supposed to do.

The Clintons are pure evil and I am glad she did not get that job!!!!

I will be following Trump and hope he will act outside of this NWO club in Washington DC.

I'm curious. Where you got this info? Another fake news? Or perhaps Fox? Clinton having seizures...Clinton having some people assassinated or whatever :p Isn't it Trump that's going to spend billions and billions to military? And his plans for well...anything: "It'll be so great and gets done so quickly that your head will spin!" etc. Let's not forget how well americans did during Clinton-era. Sure not everything was perfect as it never is but things got a lot better. It's silly how you people keep consuming selected news that fit to your own worldview instead of getting the facts. And if speaking about foundations...what has Trump foundation done except buying things for Trump of course?
Sure Clinton wasn't that good candidate but literally anything is better than Trump. But guess the racism wins in US.

I'm curious. Where you got this info? Another fake news? Or perhaps Fox? Clinton having seizures...Clinton having some people assassinated or whatever :p Isn't it Trump that's going to spend billions and billions to military? And his plans for well...anything: "It'll be so great and gets done so quickly that your head will spin!" etc. Let's not forget how well americans did during Clinton-era. Sure not everything was perfect as it never is but things got a lot better. It's silly how you people keep consuming selected news that fit to your own worldview instead of getting the facts. And if speaking about foundations...what has Trump foundation done except buying things for Trump of course?
Sure Clinton wasn't that good candidate but literally anything is better than Trump. But guess the racism wins in US.

If you consider alternative news feeds fake, then maybe yes.
But hey, wake up, all western media is poisoned and drenched in propaganda.
So I suppose you wouldn't hear of this on your regular 8 o' clock news. ;)

And I was only trying to point out that Clinton had not been the solution either for the USA.

Like I said in a previous post, I do not agree on all Trumps idea's and he has been more than disrespectful to certain people or individuals but I suppose he is a guy that wears his heart up his sleeve and just says anything he thinks or feels...Maybe not always good.

But Clinton is not anything better, I'd say worse than him but that is a person opinion. :cool:

2 good articles about the Haitian funds can be read here: *How true they are I of course cannot verify but as we say in The Netherlands, where there is smoke there is fire* ;)

Donald Trump is a good guy who will really make America great again! Too bad, i miss such a buddy here at good old Germany... :oops:

If you consider alternative news feeds fake, then maybe yes.
But hey, wake up, all western media is poisoned and drenched in propaganda.
So I suppose you wouldn't hear of this on your regular 8 o' clock news. ;)

And I was only trying to point out that Clinton had not been the solution either for the USA.

Like I said in a previous post, I do not agree on all Trumps idea's and he has been more than disrespectful to certain people or individuals but I suppose he is a guy that wears his heart up his sleeve and just says anything he thinks or feels...Maybe not always good.

But Clinton is not anything better, I'd say worse than him but that is a person opinion. :cool:

2 good articles about the Haitian funds can be read here: *How true they are I of course cannot verify but as we say in The Netherlands, where there is smoke there is fire* ;)

as it says there in washingtonpost: "But there is no evidence that Hillary Clinton, through the Clinton Foundation, raised “hundreds of millions of dollars” for a hospital that was never built. We consulted groups that have been critical of recovery delays in Haiti, but they could not point to a specific Clinton Foundation-funded hospital project, either.

“We’ve tried to figure out what he might be citing as well, but we can’t provide you with a source of his claim because one doesn’t exist,” said Craig Minassian, a Clinton Foundation spokesman. “The Clinton Foundation never committed to build a hospital, nor did it accept, raise, or spend funds for that purpose. His claim is false.”"

It's a common theme. Republicans try to blame Clintons for about everything as did Trump. Spending tens of millions of dollars to investigate them and never finding any wrong doing. Let's spend the same amount to investigate Trump. But people want to believe that Clintons are guilty so they make them the bad guys without any kind of evidence. As for the other news outlet or whatever you can call that..."Obama’s Farewell Tears Are an Insult, His Record is Soaked in Blood"...oh please :p
So far the facts are that the Clintons have helped millions of people and Trump has exploited them. And that will continue for 4 years at least. Though my guess is it will last around 2 years before he's kicked out.

Donald Trump is a good guy who will really make America great again! Too bad, i miss such a buddy here at good old Germany... :oops:

The last time Germany had a good guy like Trump was in 1933-1945...............What a blast that was. :cheerleader::cheerleader:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back