Please spare a thought....

Nifty29

Dormant account
Hi All

I know this isnt the right forum, but its the most popular so please forgive me :)

If you could spare a thought for the victims of Australia's worst natural disaster - the Victorian bushfires - it would be appreciated.

108 people, children among them, have so far perished and several towns have not been accessible yet, so that toll it likely to rise significantly. 800+ homes have also been destroyed, and WHOLE towns have been levelled.

I can see the smoke from my house, and Ive been very lucky so far as it is only 30 mins away.

Anyone who would like to know more can visit
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Thanks and God help those still trapped and those left homeless and without loved ones.

It is horrible what is happening there right now and they have been on my mind all day, Wish there was something I could do =(

It looked and sounded dreadful from the news report we saw this morning. They will be in our prayers....hopefully that 30 minutes away that you have is enough.....take care.

I have been on the verge on tears since saturday....the stories that are emerging are just so heart wrenching. I cant think of a worse way to be taken from this earth.
One story in particular hit me hard...
A father was packing up the car and buckled his two children in and ran back to grab something from the house and on return, saw the car fully alight. He survived, his poor little babies weren't so lucky.
Some of the fires are believed to be lit.
I hope they catch the sons of b#$%*s and send them to hell. Goal is too soft a punishment for what has happened here IMO.

I watched in horror on the news this morning and my heart and prayers go out to all those families and to my Australian forum friends, God bless all of those affected by this tragedy.......please stay safe nifty........bless you and yours, laurie

It is so bloody terrible what's happening at the moment, I'm the same as rusty on this each time I watch the t.v a new report comes in of something else tragic that happend, Have family that is only half an hour away also and may need to fly down to Melbourne if it gets closer and help pack up...

I seriously dont even really know what to say about it- i'am numb

It is so painful to watch the news reports. We have fires here in the arid Southwest every year but the sheer magnitude of this series of fires is staggering. I pray for the safety of all the people and animals in the affected areas. Good Luck and God Bless.

So sorry niffty. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Plse keep you and your loved ones safe. So many of us so far away we can only help by keeping you in out thoughts.

Thanks so much for your posts peeps :)

Im fine here for the moment at least. We had one start about 2km from here on Saturday but the firies were able to put it out fairly quickly thank God.

The worst thing is that the 2 big fires have merged and are just running wild. The death toll is expected to rise to around 250 which is just horrifying.

It seems that some of the fires were deliberately lit. I just dont know what punishment is harsh enough for those responsible.

One of our banks had set up a donation account to help those who lost everything, if anyone is interested. I cant find the link but will post it when I find it.

Cheers

I'm sorry that your country is going through this Nifty. I saw on the Today show that part of this was deliberate, that is just aweful for someone to do this.

My thoughts are with you and your family as well as the other people who are suffering through this

Hi Again All,

Nifty if you don't mind i have the link where people can donate to the cause.

If anyone has spare change please help out, over 5000 homeless and the death toll has reached 170 and that s confirmed, it looks like it will go into the 300 mark.

WHOLE towns are crime scenes as people have perished and they havent gotten to them yet..

So here is the link if you would all like to help.

Visiting Old / Expired Link

Thought spared. :thumbsup:

Most of us get pretty pissed off if we lose a couple of hundred dollars online - I don't think any of us can begin to imagine what it's like to lose absolutely everything we own, or even worse... :(

My prayers are with everyone who has suffered in this appalling tragedy.

KK

All are in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep yourselves safe and allot enough time if you need to evacuate. What I have been reading is horrendous, with many thinking they had enough time to leave. What a horrible way to leave this earth. I hope they find the person/people responsible for this. I am not, normally, a rash person, but IMHO...the one(s) responsible should meet the same end...an eye for an eye.
Good luck and please stay safe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back