Players Accounts closed for "RISK MANAGEMENT"

Update:
NavyMansMom heard from Sidney Christian and Cyber Corp. She was told that her account would be reinstated with the exception that she would NEVER have chat privileges. This was the account that was closed for speaking in a public forum.

No money involved there.

As I understand it they are taking one issue at a time. When I hear anything more, I will do another update. I was told that Antigua gaming couldn't/wouldn't give me any information, that the players or affiliates with issues posted would have to do that.

I had great hopes that Cyber Corp was going to have to answer to the monies they owe, but my gut tells me that probably won't happen. I hope I am wrong.

As long as the players don't have to agree to nondisclosure before they get paid, I don't see any reason the pressure needs to lessen. From what I've read it can take a long time to get satisfaction from the commission and if you can pull it off, it is a very good sign.

It's understandable that if you aren't actually legally representing a class or group of clientsw that they won't give you information. You've cracked the shell and gotten them access. Now they have to assert themselves (and if any are fraudulent claims they'll shake out at this point I think.)

It would be good for cybercorp to address these on forum one at a time as they're resolved - fraud, misunderstanding, honest mistake on either side, etc.

Maybe NavyMansMom's case was the easiest to resolve, or maybe CC thinks the issues will go away with one resolution (which to me is ridiculous that a regulatory department of a government would choose to address anyway.. it's the money cases that really matter in the long run isn't it? Did they publish or change a policy? What have they given.. a player the chance to feed them more money?) But we should give them credit for that progress if it makes NavyMansMom happy I guess.

Good luck with the balance. I think it will do them more harm than good for them to have solved that issue and not doggedly pursue the others.

Correspondence

This is a copy/paste of my email to Sydney:

You wrote:
Dear Antoinette Hackler,

The Regulatory Department of Offshore Gaming has contacted Cyber Bingo regarding your accounts being closed. They have responded by informing us about your history of making false and derogatory comments about their website(s) on a post board. With that being said, they are still willing to grant you access to your accounts without chat capabilities. However, before access is granted they would like to know if these terms are acceptable to you?

We are awaiting your response.

Regards>>>>>>>>>>>

My argument with AlphaBingo (which was the first one to close my account, was that someone in BingoPlayersUnion.com had asked how she could collect her money from BingoZest once they had moved to the UK and out of the USA because she was in the hospital at the time the notice was sent to her...I gave her AlphaBingo's contact information since they were connected sites and told her to see if they could help her. I never said anything disparaging against Alpha in that post and can prove it since the post is still on the BPU site for viewing. Two days before this, I had confirmed with Alpha that my account was in good standing with them and two days later, the same day the post showed up in BPU, I had my account disabled by them and LiveHelp told me it was because I had disparaged their site. They never read the post or they would have known that wasn't the case. I emailed Jason, one of their managers, to ask why my account had been closed/disabled when I had been a regular depositor there for a couple of years, and never even got the courtesy of a response.

I had gone into LiveHelp at BingoSky and copy/pasted that conversation to a post I made in BPU where somebody else was asking if they had any sister sites that cause a conflict/multiple account issue. That conversation indicated that they had to connections to any other site. I posted that LiveHelp chat conversation, including the person's name I was talking with, into the post as BPU...not knowing that the person I talked to lied through their teeth about not having any connections to any other sites. However, immediately after I posted that LiveHelp chat conversation, my account at BingoSky was also disabled, and when I asked at LiveHelp again why it was disabled, I was told it was because I posted disparaging remarks about their site at BPU.... I immediately emailed management at BingoSky and copy/pasted my post from BPU into that email to prove I didn't say anything bad about their site and that I actually HELPED bring new members to them with the information I had given at BPU. The email I got back from management at BingoSky then told me I should write a small essay about why I thought I should be allowed back into their membership. I emailed him back wanting to know why I couldn't have the courtesy of having HIS name to write to instead of an anonymous 'manager' and why I had to be treated like a small school child begging to come back, when all he had to do was read my post to know I hadn't done anything wrong.

My accounts with both of these sites will remain disabled because I refuse to be treated as if I had done anything wrong against their sites. And to be offered the ability to deposit again at their sites without benefit of talking in chat is an insult to me. I believe both of these sites owe ME an apology with full privileges allowed/restored or I want nothing from either of them.

My complaint was to prove to you during your investigation that CB Corp disabled accounts for any reason they believe can be justified at their end, even when they are lying about it, not only to the members, but also to you. My personal opinion is that because of the BPU reputation for checking into abusive behavior on the part of online bingo sites, some bingo site management teams are deliberately taking their own membership usernames and coming in as a guest to BPU and doing a search for those same usernames, and if they find any that match up, they are disabling accounts without even bothering to read the posts that we are being accused of posting disparaging remarks in without ever giving the members the benefit of the doubt that we haven't said anything against them. Just the fact that we posted in BPU is enough to merit a disabled account as far as they are concerned.

If CB Corp wants to dispute my complaints, let them prove to ME where I have made disparaging remarks about them...since I can prove I didn't....or at least I didn't until they refused to communicate with me with the respect they are demanding from me.

A J Hackler

I'm somewhat disappointed in Mr. Christian's reply to me in that it appears he had no problem believing CB Corp's explanation for why my account was disabled as if he didn't think they would actually LIE to him. IF CB Corp can lie to the membership, why WOULDN'T they lie just as easily to the investigator?

I'm happy with never going back to either of those sites.....I'm only hoping that people who are actually owed money by CB Corp will eventually GET it. My complaints to Sydney hopefully is the ball that got it rolling for them since I was the first one to put in the formal complaint.

TONI

I think it will do them more harm than good for them to have solved that issue and not doggedly pursue the others.

We are not finished by a long shot. There are some who had complaints that are no longer responding, but some who are still involved in the issue.

We are not finished by a long shot. There are some who had complaints that are no longer responding, but some who are still involved in the issue.

Thanks for the updates, Sissy. I was referring to the commision, not BPU :)

Our final update concerning this issue between players, affiliates, CB Corp and the Antigua Regulatory Department of Offshore Gaming.

We were informed by Sydney Christian of the Antigua Regulatory Department of Offshore Gaming that their department could not give BPU any answers as to the outcome of the complaints that players and affiliates entered at their online claims department. We understand protocol.

As time has gone by only 2 of the people who lodged complaints are keeping us updated. BPU had yet ANOTHER issue about Cyber bingo come in last weekend. I emailed Cyberbingo Manager (an extremely cordial email I might add) and cc'd a copy of it to Sydney Christian to make an attempt to discuss this matter with them. Immediately after I emailed this, I sent yet another email to Christian requesting for the third time, a link to where Antigua online gaming Regulations can be read.

the answer to the first email I sent was this:

Dear Sissy,

The Regulatory Department of Offshore Gaming is very interested in
hearing issues players may have while playing at any of the gaming sites
licensed in Antigua and Barbuda. However, we ask that players go to our
website and fill out a complaint form. We will then do all the necessary
investigating to resolve the player's complaint(s). This will speed up
the process of getting issues resolved and also assist in regulating the
gaming sites by making us aware of the complaints that players are
having and need to be resolved. So in the future, when you are contacted
by players that have issues and complaints and they cannot get them
resolved through correspondence with the gaming site, please have them
go to our web page and fill out a complaints form.

Thank you for your cooperation
Have a good day.

Sydney R. P. Christian

Regulatory Officer

www.antiguagaming.gov.ag

sydney.christian@antiguagaming.gov.ag

He STILL chooses to ignore my requests about where the "Regulations" can be found. In my opinion, they may not even exist. Every lead we have found in an attempt to read and understand what kind of guidelines these Bingo Site have to adhere to comes to a dead end. EVERY ONE!
I may be ignorant of a lot of things, but it only makes sense to me that when you go to a bingo site to play they EXPECT you to read, understand and agree to all of their rules and regulations. I would like to also
read and understand what kind of guidelines this farce of what Antigua calls "regulation" involves.

Players are under the impression that "regulation" is a good thing. It certainly gave me a false sense of security! We were under the impression that the "Regulatory Department of Offshore Gaming" of Antigua
was a reputable site and had their licensees in line and following the regulations...... WHAT Regulations????
Several of us have been searching for them. We either get pages that say "This site is being upgraded", or it simply does
not exist. At least it will not load. They are like fake links or something.

I found this....
Link Removed (invalid URL)
The regulatory framework for these companies has been provided in International Business Corporations Act and the Interactive Gaming and Interactive Wagering Regulations. in the Financial Services Regulatory Commission.

From there, I went to....

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Where I found the Interactive Gaming and Interactive Wagering Regulations link
Down for Upgrade.

I spend every single day researching, reading, finding information and trying to help players that have problems. The easiest solution would be for them to quit playing online unless they can find a site who is "worthy" of their money and treat them like they should be treated. The players are the very foundation any online gambling site is built on.

We have bingo sites bitching at us because they were "ripped off" by a player. The only thing I can say to that is this must be one hell of an intelligent individual to muddle their way through those rules that are changed and/or manufactured at the blink of an eye. Then they have to meet playthrough at whatever amount any given site decides it should be. Does anyone know if those playthroughs are regulated? Does anyone know WHAT rules are "industry standards" and which ones , if any, are "regulated"??

I would have to answer that I do not. I can't find the regulations. I can't find a list of "industry standards". Through rules and regs at a site, the players can read what is expected of them. Now the players want to know what is expected of the sites. What can they do and get away with it?

Cyber Corp has yet to respond to us in any way since the only email they sent was posted here. They have dicked around, wasted time, put issues off, said they didn't have the information and basically used every trick in the book just to accomplish having the players and affiliate (1) who brought issues to us, throw up their hands and walk away. All the while STILL taking funds from players accounts because their rules say they can! Cyber Corp depended on this to happen and the Antigua Regulatory Department of Offshore Gaming assisted them to do just that! Otherwise some of these players would be getting back to us with a statement that their case has been settled.

We have a new issue brought to us this last weekend concerning that very thing. A players computer went down and she had no access to the internet for several months. Cyber bingo labeled her $638.00 a "raffle" on her reconcile and took her money because her account was inactive. This player states that she has been a funding player at CyberBingo for SEVERAL years. In fairness, their rules do state

All unclaimed bank, winnings and bonuses* will be removed from a member's account should the account be dormant for 6 months. An account is considered dormant if no activity has been initiated by the member. Wagering in pay games and depositing into one's account is deemed as an 'action' or activity.

The following is how she was treated by Cyber's customer service.....

Message from CB Anna at 2008-01-17 17:02:36
Hello XXXXX, It is not our fault that you did not have access to the computer as you could have gone to a library or a cyber cafe to maintain an active account. If you wish to take this further feel free to contact manager@cyberbingo.com Regards, CB
ANNA

Maybe I am nuts but it seems to me that with a loyal player of MANY years, the site may at least try to come to a decision with her that would leave her feeling less "bent over". What happened to the "comfort of your own home... entertainment from your living room.... fun, fun fun"?????

It seems now if you don't get off your azz and FIND a computer somewhere to either keep a bingo account account active, make a note to yourself that you have to deposit by "next Monday" (for instance) or you can't withdraw or keep a little tablet beside your computer to see if you have met playthrough requirements enough to withdraw, that you the one who PAYS for this treatment may not be able to enjoy "a pleasant, relaxing and fun night of VERY EXPENSIVE entertainment in the comfort of your own home".

If one player can be treated this way by ANY site, then you can too friend. It just may not be your turn yet. Cyber Corp license expires May 6, 2008, according to Antigua Gaming Website. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Will Antigua determine that Cyber has brought them a LOT of negative attention? Maybe too much to hold their hand out and take those UNITED STATES DOLLARS? Or will they take the cash, continue to hide away the "regulations" they keep bragging about, and go about business as usual? Time will tell!

The one affiliate who came to us with a complaint of being owed over $27,000. from Cyber, sent us these emails... don't have a clue what happened to him as he will not answer emails any more.

Sent: Friday, November 16, 2007 2:39:31 PM
Subject: RE: Cyber Bingo

Hi Sissy,

Sorry for the late reply. I have been out of office for a few days.

I enclose a screenshot from today which shows my total earnings from Cyberbingo since the beginning of 2004 = $170,000 (earnings from 2000 - 2003 are not included). I also include a more detailed stats which shows each deposit from each player since December 1, 2006,
which sums up to $27,194. This is what they currently owe me. I also include the two last emails I received from Cyberbingo, where they
assured me that I would be paid.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards,
xx

I enclose screen shots of the two emails from Cyberbingo. I have sent them traffic from the following sites: WorldBingoHall.com , PlayBingoOnline.com , MasterBingo.com , ArcadeBingo.com , BingoJackpots.com , BingoNavigator.com , EnterBingo.com , BingoPlaying.com , BingoBuzz.com , Bingo-Directory.com . I decided a few months ago that I couldn't continue to send CB valuable bingoplayers for free, so I don't send traffic to them at the moment. I have repeatedly informed them that I will start sending players again as soon as they pay their bills.

Regards,
xx

Hi Sissy, I enclose a screen shot of my complaint to DOG.Your efforts are greatly appreciated! Regards,xx--- On Wed 12/05

Obviously we have all been mislead in our expectations of what online gambling "regulation" was supposed to do. As for myself, I thought it was going to assure funding online players of a "higher power" that the sites had to answer to if they could not or WOULD NOT either work with a player until an issue was resolved or if an agreement satisfying both parties couldn't be reached. In my opinion, the Antigua Regulatory Department of Offshore Gaming is more worried about collecting those thousands of UNITED STATES DOLLARS and putting our American dollars, in THEIR country's pockets, all the while whining about what the US online gambling ban has "taken" from their country, than they are making sure those who put those dollars in their hands get the help they profess to give...

C. A non-refundable deposit in the amount of Fifteen Thousand UNITED STATES DOLLARS ($15,000. US)

We have come up with some contacts and intend to pursue this matter. Players need to know what regulation means and if it is in the least bit EFFECTIVE for anyone other than those who receive UNITED STATES DOLLARS for SELLING those license. Obviously money talks LOUD!

CYBER CRAP OUT

Originally posted by Sissy: (Regarding the response from cyber)

Message from CB Anna at 2008-01-17 17:02:36
Hello XXXXX, It is not our fault that you did not have access to the computer as you could have gone to a library or a cyber cafe to maintain an active account. If you wish to take this further feel free to contact manager@cyberbingo.com Regards, CB
ANNA

This in itself is absolutely deplorable on many levels! It is not their fault? Perhaps the compassionate and professional ANNA may have struck a small chord of truth there,but hardly enough to warrant such a snide and cold response. I might want to ask ANNA when the site has a malfunction or software glitch, who does she waggle her finger at then? It is the player that is put in a position to accept the technical fault as an unavoidable error and suffer any consequences the site deems to mandate. It is in the nature of computer negotiations and communications that stoppages and crashes may occur, and if a site is so closed minded and singularly set on having the player take the fall without any compromise or displaying any actual and sincere customer value or appreciation, then they need to be REGULATED into behaving professionally.
Unfortunately, Cyberbingo is not regulated in any way past a weak, self serving set of site guided rules that are designed to allow the very kind of treatment that CB ANNA has shown to a loyal player. Where are the regulations that govern this and many other issues at this site? They are non-existent, even though pretentiously displayed as an assurance for non-suspecting depositors. Their "risk management" concepts which are meant to protect players as well as site owners emanates from the same convoluted thinking that empowers them with total discretion.
It is my understanding that this site is licensed in Antigua which has been removed from the whitelist in the UK and may not advertise because it is not an approved licensing region.
If there is anyone reading this that can point me to the licensing regulations or any enforceable contract that CB is liable to adhere to or maintain as a prerequisite to operation , I would appreciate it greatly.:notworthy

OK, I have registered an account as GaryWatson at BingoZest. Im going to do a little bonus whoring with my free 20

Its not that uncommon for sites to close accounts based on forum comments. Some people have been known to get banned from sites for people pretending to be them. Unless meister is passing over your IP details (I highly doubt that is the case, they have no proof). My sister has a Risk Management Honors Degree & I highly doubt their reasons have anything to do with risk management. Probably just a poppous twat you have rubbed up the wrong way.

Technically they dont need a reason to close your account but they must return all funds unless they have any proof of wrongdoing. As they do not, I would put in a complaint to the financial companies (Visa/Neteller, etc) stating that they are in breach of their credit agreement

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back