odds and ends

Wright & Bright were fearsome back in the day - yeah, I remember!

Had a sorry end to his Arsenal career after Wenger's arrival, but was one of England's most underrated strikers in terms of caps, alongside Robbie Fowler.

Is an amicable fellow who doesn't shirk throwing out the odd opinion or two. But I'm not sure he'd have the minerals to manage England, albeit he'd be a good motivator 🤷‍♂️

Not an exhaustive list but out of the footballers turned pundits, wrighty and shearer are very good and comfortable in themselves giving a pro's opinion and banter; martin keown and danny murphy less so.

The match commentators are poor in comparsion to yesteryear, matterface compared to motson, where the former tries to emulate the latter with bits of research and stats to add into the match conversation and it's so wooden and forced.

Best ever commentary for me was channel 5's experiment of using Jack charlton as co-commentator on a rep ireland match, fantastic passion and no-nonsense description of the play and player's intentions.

Not an exhaustive list but out of the footballers turned pundits, wrighty and shearer are very good and comfortable in themselves giving a pro's opinion and banter; martin keown and danny murphy less so.

The match commentators are poor in comparsion to yesteryear, matterface compared to motson, where the former tries to emulate the latter with bits of research and stats to add into the match conversation and it's so wooden and forced.

Best ever commentary for me was channel 5's experiment of using Jack charlton as co-commentator on a rep ireland match, fantastic passion and no-nonsense description of the play and player's intentions.
Wright's definitely got better over the years. -from a fanboy to someone who now actually critiques his team.

Murphy's awful (i know commentators are never going to be truely unbiased but he rips the arse out if it) and the only good thing about Matterface was his ex-missus :p

Not really a fan of Carragher but he did a really good podcast a month or so ago (google Diary of a CEO) that made me think more of him - quite refreshing to hear him say: I never played for the manager, i played for the club.

John Motson, legendary commentator has passed today age 77.

His iconic voice will forever be imbued in our footballing memories :(

67992665-11784067-image-a-1_1677144629429.jpg

Sorry Mack, I'm just gonna dump this question here in your thread, cause it ain't worth its own thread and I don't know where else to dump it.

Was wodering if anyone happens to know what PNG slot(s) has the highest minimum stake? Thinking of using a PNG spins bonus later. Thanks for reading.

Sorry Mack, I'm just gonna dump this question here in your thread, cause it ain't worth its own thread and I don't know where else to dump it.

Was wodering if anyone happens to know what PNG slot(s) has the highest minimum stake? Thinking of using a PNG spins bonus later. Thanks for reading.
That halloween slot (that also has a christmas version i think) is 50p min bet.
I think most new releases are 10-20p min bet, i cant claim to know about all older png slots so there could be one with higher than 50p min bet but the halloween one was the only one that came to mind.

Been raiding Sainbury's of their £0.50 Ginger biscuits for the past 4 or 5 years. Am thinking that after a few years of the new stoner dude walkin in and out of the local sainsburys with 2 or 4 packets often hanging out of the side pockets, it has made others curious. Now everyone's taking em, they keep goin outa stock. Had 2 people now ask me if there's any left while walking around with some. 1 granny blagged a pack off us today because there was none and we only had 3, ffs. Pro tip though; You might soon find the shelfs are often empty round your way too, it could well be due to Brexit, sure, but there's sometimes a pack or 3 to be found wedged right at the back . This is because they're round and sometimes roll in that direction, like a packet of wheels. Be careful, stay off my patch and good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back