My online slots videos (plus UK AWPs)

Dual slot play, Red Hot Win Spin and Berrini's Fortune.

I don't know if you mentioned it or spotted it, but in the free games if you get an extra spin and one of the 2+ scatters is the Red Hot symbol on reel 5, then it guarantees the next spin will be a winning one with the symbol you are on.
EDIT - Ah, yes you did mention it just after I posted this....

P.S. there was a player at bwin who got a huge win on this, over 3k x IIRC.

rhws.jpg

Last edited:
Was just about do post I do mention that during that one of the features when it happens :)

Is there any info anywhere as to the max pay on this?
Yes, we did have the data sheet somewhere for when it was being developed, I'll see what it says. Obviously I can't plaster the full thing in public, but I can try and get the cogent facts most players would look for.

EDIT - There isn't one specified, as each individual 5OAK win is random and has its own odds which differ in the base game, mini-feature and main feature. So the multiplier you can achieve has no cap, and neither does the win but you would need an incredibly lucky run of events to say build up to a 3x multiplier and land say 54 or 81 ways of the 7 in one of the spins. But it's possible. I know in testing it produced wins of several thousand x stake, but cannot give a specific maximum. There's no built-in limit though.
@ChopleyIOM Your RTP is split (rounded up) 35% base game, 16% Reels of Fire and 46% Win Spin Feature.
Your overall hit rate is approx. 1/4 base game, 1/35 Reels of Fire and 1/120 Win Spin Feature so around 1/4 overall. :)

Last edited:
Whenever I watch your videos, I get this type pop up on the side, these were my type of machines :D

I can't still remember the reels now, and probably haven't played one properly for 35+ years, watching those videos when he was getting a nudge I could instantly say how many he needed, before he did. Struggle to remember what I did last month, but can remember how many reel stops the grape is from the JPM on the first reel of a slot I first played almost 40 years ago!

A bit of hacking to discover if Win Series even exists or not.....

Have you ever considered that the RTP switches could have something to do with it? I know club machines on the old MPU3 or 4 would bar some features according to the setting, so on the top 88% for example, the 'Bar Steppa' wasn't possible, but the cash pots would always come out at about 80 quid on the 150 j/p version. if you set the pay-out switches below 80%, then you could get the stoppa features including skill reel for j/p BUT your cashpot would then always rise to 150 and not drop at 80. I know £5 j/p conversions with low RTP's (due to the lower 5 or 10p stakes) would ALWAYS prevent the 4-£5 gambles. I wonder if you guys have checked the that the win series is barred on ALL possible RTP settings?

The above is one massive reason why AWP's and club machines were in my view illegal and deceptive - never mind the rigged hi-lo, the fact the machines displayed features on the glass that on some RTP settings were IMPOSSIBLE to get put them in breach of numerous consumer and advertising/trades descriptions laws.

I still believe to this day that the UK allowing compensated and misleading club/AWP slots, almost unique in the civilized world, is and was the biggest fraud ever perpetrated on a country's citizens. And we had the hopeless BACTA who made petty rules while perpetuating the whole scam for decades.

Last edited:
The stuff you mention there definitely happened in all sorts of various ways dunover, but in the case of Indiana Jones I honestly don't think it's the culprit. (As for compensated machines in general, they are a uniquely strange UK creation, on the one hand they have given rise to some of the most creative, skilful and challenging gambling games ever made, but on the other hand they've been vulnerable to all sorts of corruption, manipulation, trickery and general malfeasance.)

Over at a couple of dedicated fruit machine emulation forums, and indeed in comments left on my previous videos about Indiana Jones, not one single person has ever reported managing to land the Win Series feature on the machine, across all kinds of stake/prize settings, and a multitude of percentage settings. (Including from people who have owned the real machine for years, and state they have never managed to collect the feature.)

It looks like JPM coded the feature in but just didn't leave in any viable mechanism for it to be awarded, but by hacking the RAM location for the hi/lo reel, we did at least prove it exists and the machine can award it, and knows what to do with it, if you can survive the required number of ambushes.

EDIT- Plus I played this machine A LOT back in the day for real, and have thrashed it in the emulator over the years too, I've never had Win Series.

Last edited:
The stuff you mention there definitely happened in all sorts of various ways dunover, but in the case of Indiana Jones I honestly don't think it's the culprit. (As for compensated machines in general, they are a uniquely strange UK creation, on the one hand they have given rise to some of the most creative, skilful and challenging gambling games ever made, but on the other hand they've been vulnerable to all sorts of corruption, manipulation, trickery and general malfeasance.)

Over at a couple of dedicated fruit machine emulation forums, and indeed in comments left on my previous videos about Indiana Jones, not one single person has ever reported managing to land the Win Series feature on the machine, across all kinds of stake/prize settings, and a multitude of percentage settings. (Including from people who have owned the real machine for years, and state they have never managed to collect the feature.)

It looks like JPM coded the feature in but just didn't leave in any viable mechanism for it to be awarded, but by hacking the RAM location for the hi/lo reel, we did at least prove it exists and the machine can award it, and knows what to do with it, if you can survive the required number of ambushes.
Even BLK4000? He was and is the lord of the fruit machine, a messiah if you will.
Buddy love is god

Degsy can you have a word with your boys in the emulation world and see if we can get a max megaways in the free spins round on bonanza?

After all, we’ve heard it from the CEO himself that it is possible but no fucker has ever seen it!!!

Unfortunately all the juicy code is kept server-side when it comes to online slots, pulling reel strips and stuff like that is generally as good as it gets from the client. Although IIRC we had the Finsoft-Spielo scandal at Betfred a few years ago (got myself a temporary ban from here for that :) ) when there was enough information client side to show that the demo version of the game was talking to a different (cheating) server to get its results and then switched to the proper (house edge) version of the game when you went into real play.

If any online slot source code ever gets out into the wild, that'll be an interesting dissection episode for sure, especially when it comes to stuff that's never been seen by a player but is alleged as being possible :)

Such a sad day for the emulation scene. On a positive note; he really did provide so much fun and entertainment for thousands of people. Thanks very much for that heart felt video choppers.

Rob

Sad, sad loss. As well as the hard work for free he put in, he must've saved fortunes on behalf of AWP 'casualties' over the years who could get their buzz online at home instead of losing. I used the FME site I think about 15 years ago for a little while, IIRC correctly there was a 1k Thunderbirds there at the time which I had great fun forcing the JP from - eventually. RIP my unseen friend.

Thank you for your comments folks, and an update on this, because the story has ended up going in something of an uplifting direction, despite the sadness of Wizard's passing.

An emptiable UK Skill With Prizes game, we know of at least one person who was actually doing these in real life, which if you see what's entailed, is really quite impressive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back