My online slots videos (plus UK AWPs)

@ChopleyIOM

Just watching you Blue Moon video....

Regarding your comment "Still don't know what to do to this day....." regarding the boxes, spin for multiple nudges or hold for one nudge.

First reel will spin roughly 7- 8 symbols forward, middle reel will spin roughly 4-5 spins back and end reel will go 1-2 spaces forward or back. This applies to 70-80% of spins and although not all machines was the case on most, particularly the project coin machines. (general info not particularly for Blue Moon as I never tried it on this slot, could always tell when it was ready to streak as the lights would move before the reels for a few spins and the 'run' would kick in not long after ;) you can even notice this on your emu!)

They have a habit when holding of landing 2 away so after nudging it would be one short, which in the program would VERY rarely hold after nudges for the guaranteed win (let em ride scenario)

Best strategy IMO was to mostly take the multiple nudges, exception would be a hold on reels 1+2 where the desired symbol was 2-3 away on the 3rd reel, after holding and spinning it would commonly drop straight in on one away and hence could be nudged in :)

Edit: Also avoiding the Jackpots and collecting cash only wins would make it streak for a lot longer, we'd take regular £50 cash from these on a good run using this tactic which back in the 90's was an amazing pay out for a £4.80 machine :)

Last edited:
Cheers Jono interesting stuff, there was a massive amount I didn't know back then. As a rough guide I started playing in the £4.80 jackpot era and was basically a full blown addict right through to the days of the £15 jackpot (around 10 years), then midway through the £15 jackpot era I made a few contacts, got some decent information and started to make money.

As such for the older 'addict era' machines I only knew what stuff I managed to work out myself (which wasn't much), and then I've filled in the gaps in my knowledge since - as such information like in your post there is always really interesting to me :)

Perfect timing with your post Chops, need something to do, bored outta my skull here lol :oops:

FWIW, Your posts have a certain irony to them, Barcode was another of our regular emptiers (until they chipped them) The Quicksilver chain of amusement arcades (Now Admiral/Novomatics) saw these as cash cows to the uneducated, soon had a big pile of egg on their faces.

We must have visited over 50 shops country wide and at one point as well as pocket fulls of cash had over 1K in 0.20p tokens :eek:

Took us a week or so to get thru the tokens IIRC.

Got about a fortnight or so out of these before they were chipped :mad: :p

Real money online slots session, £200 on the line here!

Muchas gracias señor
looking forward to watching 1 hr of extreme close-up action of Degsy degworth doing the slots, or the other way round, this has more than sorted out my entertainment needs this evening sir :thumbsup:

[btw I'm willing to take this as compo for undue upset caused by that brexit thread..:p]

Last edited:
Hope you enjoy the video mack :) From my side there's no bad blood between us on the Brexit debate, I realise we have very different views on it all but we're keeping it civilised and we're having an adult conversation about it without resorting to abuse or denigrating the other side, which is what I'd consider to be a healthy debate :)

Hope you enjoy the video mack :) From my side there's no bad blood between us on the Brexit debate, I realise we have very different views on it all but we're keeping it civilised and we're having an adult conversation about it without resorting to abuse or denigrating the other side, which is what I'd consider to be a healthy debate :)

Yeah I enjoyed that, feeling under a bit of stress last night due to my front door playing up [that's not a euphemism either :laugh: literally having trouble getting back into my home :eek2:] the chilled ambience of the vid helped me recover, the new seiren mic is very good and you had the levels just right, so you could hear some of the slot smusic and sound effects alongside your dulcet tones :cool:

Slot games losing connection has for a long time annoyed and confused me, the reels are often still spinning fine, the game graphics are as they should be...I don't fully understand why we have to do a reload of the game, why can't the game which is loaded and in front of you just repickup the server especially when the rest of your internet access is fine and working? Normally a message also appears saying something like 'your internet connection failed' or 'you lost your connection' when it's something gone wrong at their end and their blinking fault.

Novomatics seem to hang often, and a message pops up, saying 'waiting for the server' which also baffles me as I thought the server was always on, producing millions of rng results, and then after a small delay the spin plays out fine.

The best site I've encountered for a lack of dropouts is unibet's, the worse betfair...be interesting to see on the next installment playing 'no limit city's' slots whether the games continue to lose connection.

PS. I was only joking re the brexit thread :laugh: :thumbsup:

the new seiren mic is very good and you had the levels just right, so you could hear some of the slot smusic and sound effects alongside your dulcet tones :cool:

I actually record two audio tracks, one for the commentary and one for the slot, which allows me to adjust the balance of each when I'm editing the video together. So for example during a big win animation or something like that, I can boost the volume of the slot's audio. Or I can cut in different audio, for example when I put the graphics on screen explaining how I'm not affiliated with No Limit City, I put in audio of a fruit machine sample.

Slot games losing connection has for a long time annoyed and confused me, the reels are often still spinning fine, the game graphics are as they should be...I don't fully understand why we have to do a reload of the game, why can't the game which is loaded and in front of you just repickup the server especially when the rest of your internet access is fine and working? Normally a message also appears saying something like 'your internet connection failed' or 'you lost your connection' when it's something gone wrong at their end and their blinking fault.

I'd be really interested to know if it was a Videoslots issue or a No Limit City issue. I've completed the play for Part 2 of the series and the slots rolled 100% fine for the whole thing, not a single laggy spin or loss of connection.

The best site I've encountered for a lack of dropouts is unibet's, the worse betfair...be interesting to see on the next installment playing 'no limit city's' slots whether the games continue to lose connection.

Unibet really has the best platform I can play on. Rarely any lag and casually processing withdrawals at 3am on a sunday, can't complain about their support either. Shame their bonus offers are non existent and they miss some slots I like to play.

I actually record two audio tracks, one for the commentary and one for the slot, which allows me to adjust the balance of each when I'm editing the video together. I've completed the play for Part 2 of the series and the slots rolled 100% fine for the whole thing, not a single laggy spin or loss of connection.

Thanks for all the effort you go to Chopley to bring us these high quality vids, must take many hours to do each one. Looking forward to that part 2, it was interesting to see your balance hold up as well as it did, by contrast do you ever play red tiger slots? They're available to play on all the uk bookie sites, but play chronic for me, destroying my bank roll at a rapid rate for nowt in return [these no limit games look far superior]

Looks like the new generation ps5 and xbox consoles will be launched nov 2020, not sure where that will leave the current gen and the 'x' and pro upgrades. Any video games catching your interest recently? [...the last of us 2 is taking a while to be released] btw did you play resident evil 2?

Looks like the new generation ps5 and xbox consoles will be launched nov 2020, not sure where that will leave the current gen and the 'x' and pro upgrades. Any video games catching your interest recently? [...the last of us 2 is taking a while to be released] btw did you play resident evil 2?

Nothing's really grabbed me recently, I bought RE2 and played it a fair bit, up to the bit where it took all carefully curated guns and items off me and made me play as a woman I had no affinity with who had one shit gun and put me into an irritating gauntlet section. Apparently it doesn't last that long but it was enough to put me off it.

TBH the main game I play is Hearthstone, I've played it every day for 5 1/2 years and have invested a huge amount of time and quite a lot of money (around £210) into it.

WoW Classic releases next month, so me and Mrs Chopley and Chopley Jnr are all going to roll characters on that and play together.

Nothing's really grabbed me recently, I bought RE2 and played it a fair bit, up to the bit where it took all carefully curated guns and items off me and made me play as a woman I had no affinity with who had one shit gun and put me into an irritating gauntlet section. Apparently it doesn't last that long but it was enough to put me off it.

TBH the main game I play is Hearthstone, I've played it every day for 5 1/2 years and have invested a huge amount of time and quite a lot of money (around £210) into it.

WoW Classic releases next month, so me and Mrs Chopley and Chopley Jnr are all going to roll characters on that and play together.

I have never tried wow (somewhat proud) but am thinking about giving it a go when they release the wow classic.
Have played quite a bit of heartstone, altho it has been a while now since i started the game.
It kind of hit me how expensive it, either costing alot of time, or alot of money to keep up with all the new releases and have up to date decks.
I have probably spent somewhere around €300 on heartstone, wich when considering how many hours i have played it doesnt feel all that bad.
But if you think about it, there are €60 games out there that you pay for ONE time and that you also can spend a shit-ton of time on, mainly rpg-games. So even tho i still enjoyed heartstone i kind of quit in protest to the high costs.

I have never tried wow (somewhat proud) but am thinking about giving it a go when they release the wow classic.
Have played quite a bit of heartstone, altho it has been a while now since i started the game.
It kind of hit me how expensive it, either costing alot of time, or alot of money to keep up with all the new releases and have up to date decks.
I have probably spent somewhere around €300 on heartstone, wich when considering how many hours i have played it doesnt feel all that bad.
But if you think about it, there are €60 games out there that you pay for ONE time and that you also can spend a shit-ton of time on, mainly rpg-games. So even tho i still enjoyed heartstone i kind of quit in protest to the high costs.

The trick with Hearthstone is to never miss a daily quest. I generally manage to save up about 8000-10000 gold between expansions, which is enough to buy 80-100 packs for each new expansion for free with gold.

Nearly all my spend was early on in the game, once you get on the curve it's possible to freeroll the game from that point forward.

I do still buy packs when they turn up on special offer (which happens from time to time), but I haven't bought any cards for a new expansion for years now.

Oh, forgot to say i also really enjoy your videos.
Would be nice if you could turn the quick-spin off during features tho, so theres time to see whats going on. :p

Edit: This is just a personal preference ofc. :)

For shame I didn't actually check if No Limit City have the option to disable quick spins during the features, but it's something I'll keep in the mind for future videos, and will disable quick spin for the features where possible :)

It's mandatory to have bad feelings carry over into other threads. It's kind of the law :eek:

The trick with Hearthstone is to never miss a daily quest. I generally manage to save up about 8000-10000 gold between expansions, which is enough to buy 80-100 packs for each new expansion for free with gold.

Nearly all my spend was early on in the game, once you get on the curve it's possible to freeroll the game from that point forward.

I do still buy packs when they turn up on special offer (which happens from time to time), but I haven't bought any cards for a new expansion for years now.

Yeah, its possible, but like you say, then you have to play daily and make sure to do the quests, and preferably max out the gold you get from wins aswell. So you kind of have to decide if you want to spend alot of time or money if you want to have up to date decks.
I was doing something in between i guess. Usually bought those 40 (or was it 50?) pack deals they had with new expansions, but unless you were superlucky with those packs, you would end up with like a third of the new expansion.
And then you have still spent like half the cost of a big aaa title game, for a third of an expansion that comes 2-3 times a year (dont know how it is now).
I might get back into it some day, but for now im looking forward to trying out wow for the first time. =)
I like rpgs, but i mostly play those that are a bit more fast paced, more hack&slash.

Love the fallout series. Still go back and play fallout new vegas every now and then, such a great game.

Last edited:
For shame I didn't actually check if No Limit City have the option to disable quick spins during the features, but it's something I'll keep in the mind for future videos, and will disable quick spin for the features where possible :)

Man i should have said this in the other post, but whatever :D.
You can just uncheck the "lightning" box when you get into the freespins if you want to remove quickspin for the freespinround im pretty sure.
But like i said, its just a personal preference. I think it adds a bit of suspense to the bonus.
If the first few spins are crap, i usually turn on quickspins again tho. ;)

Yeah, its possible, but like you say, then you have to play daily and make sure to do the quests, and preferably max out the gold you get from wins aswell. So you kind of have to decide if you want to spend alot of time or money if you want to have up to date decks.
I was doing something in between i guess. Usually bought those 40 (or was it 50?) pack deals they had with new expansions, but unless you were superlucky with those packs, you would end up with like a third of the new expansion.
And then you have still spent like half the cost of a big aaa title game, for a third of an expansion that comes 2-3 times a year (dont know how it is

You can have up to three days' worth of quests stacked up in your quest log, so theoretically you only need to log in every third day and make sure you clear your quest log down.

I generally log in every day and make sure I get my quest done though, but that's no hardship because I genuinely enjoy playing the game (I've got it open on my PC right now, with a 3Dice slot playing in a different corner of the screen! :D ).

I certainly don't make any effort to max out the gold from wins, I just take whatever gold I get naturally from how much I feel like playing the game.

Playing this way gets me the best part of 100 packs for each new expansion without laying down a penny of real cash, but for sure you really need to be into the game for this to be a valid approach! :)

That was good news re your laptop, I was concerned with all this RMA talk an asus repair job was being considered...a brand new 2k laptop should be shipped and working in perfect order. And you never know when there is one fault whether that is a sign of more parts failing early later on.
I bet you were well pleased when that new boxed laptop arrived...if I was being critical I'd say a goodwill gesture for all the hassle ought to be wending it's way to your ebuyer account [maybe from asus] but I guess that would be in a perfect world.

Yeah It's annoying when they force you to start a new side game within a game and take away all your progress/weapons, should be able to say 'no thanks, I'll just carry on with my mission'.

I've heard of hearthstone, but never realised it was a free to play game but obviously you then need to purchase card packs and extras to have a chance and get the most out of it?

Now I know who your image is, King Togwaggle :laugh:... I missed the whole WOW thing but remember reading 'scare' articles in the press about its all consuming grip on folk...I'm kinda of glad it passed me by as I could see myself getting into it in a big way. Looking back to 2004 life seemed far more innocent in those days if all there was to worry about were popular video games :rolleyes:

It sounds like the classic version is returning to the original roots so I guess there is a lot of excitement and anticipation building among players now with just 1 month to go.

That's gonna be cool playing with mrs chopley and jnr, working together, bet you're have some epic fun, adventures and laughs...:thumbsup: :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back