My life

I read your post and it just shows there is always light at the end of the tunnel :)

Your story was so sad with a happy ending and its also encouraging to others that may be going through similar situations, never gave up and stayed strong is what you did.

All the best to you and your family and keep smiling :)

I'm glad to see such an upbeat post from you. I was hoping he was a good guy, as it looked as he would be part of your kids' lives. And I am glad to hear she will be moving out soon. The brief period my ex husband and I lived together after we broke up were not comfortable. Silent hostility on his part, me doing my best to avoid him. Economics of course.

Hi everyone,

A lot has been going on so time for another update.

So, where to start...

I’ve met the other guy now. He came around to the house while she was at work and ended up staying for a few hours. I did get a text from my ex a few minutes before he arrived, politely asking me not to knock him out. I think they were both worried my wanting to meet him was just an excuse to kick ten bells out of him. It wasn’t though, I got past that stage quite a while ago.

He was very nervous, but it went alright really. This might sound strange but I actually think he’s not a bad bloke and I’ve got no issues with him being around my kids now or in the future. He said where they are concerned, what I say goes and I can’t really ask for more than that. My kids quite like him too and think he’s very nice, so there should be no issues from them. The main thing I want to take from everything that has happened is it doesn’t need to affect them negatively in the future. I get on ok with him and I get on well with her. They see that and consequently the atmosphere around the home is very good.

I’m still at home and I will be staying there now. In the next 2-3 months she will be moving out and into a bigger house with him. I’m keeping more or less everything so I’m not having to start afresh.

My second oldest daughter (12) will be staying with me and my 8 year old son will alternate one week with me and one week with her. He wanted to stay too but alternating for now I think is better. My oldest daughter is just looking forward to having her own room for once, but she did ask if she can stay whenever she wants. Obviously she can.

The two youngest will be going with her. I will have them every Wednesday and Thursday and also Sunday’s. I’ll probably have all of them every other weekend too. A few people have already said give it a month and they will all be back with me and that is a possibility. I don’t think she can cope with the youngest so we will just have to see.

I have also met someone else now! I went on a dating site for the first time in my life and I’ve had a few dates with someone who is so nice. She has no kids though so my family will be a bit of a culture shock for her! She’s only a couple of years younger than me (As opposed to a couple of decades) and we seem to have hit it off really well. My two girls really like her and keep saying dad you really have to get with her she’s so nice!

I feel so much more confident about the future now. I’ve gone from being at the lowest point in my life with no hope and fearful for what may come, to getting my confidence back and being more in control of my life.

I’ve got you guys to thank for that. This community is bloody amazing and I’ve had so much advice and friendly words of encouragement. It would have been so much harder without you all and I will never forget what you have done for me.

Thank you all so much.

To the future!
:cheers: To the future! We never know what life has in store for us, and it's nice to see that you knew this and was able rise above!

Well what can I say Steve? Two months ago you started this thread. And now look how things have changed.

You had hit your rock bottom. And there was only two directions you could go - sink further into the abyss, crumble and perish.

Or to do what you did - find your strength of character and climb out of the pits of despair towards redemption and a happier you.

But I was truly not expecting to hear such great positive news so soon. A remarkable recovery and turnaround for you.

And indeed, a life lesson for all. If you quit on life, life is more than happy to quit on you. So don't quit. Find your fighting spirit.
Keep up the good work mate! :thumbsup: :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back