My GoFundMe page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell, the bf takes 4 travel hours every day and works in a group home - a car would make the travel better and moving the kids around to school, drs etc....I couldn't really see getting someone else a car.
gl though

dionysus - I sympathise with your bf. I'm the same for travel, it's a nightmare. A car would just be a dream come true and I thought I'd give the gofundme site a bash :oops: Thanx for reading and for your post.

For some reason I don't think this is a place for people to ask for money. It doesn't feel right.

I suggest you post it on your Facebook or something instead or we'll risk see hundreds of them here soon.

Like I said, nevermind :)

I thought the site was a great idea for people to help each other out. Pay it forward type of thing.

wow...

Firstly, not new, very very old wheels haha I was looking at spending about 500 max on the car the rest is for insurance.

Secondly, you are right I am quite new here but the point of that site is to help others.

Thirdly, nope I didn't realise I was supposed to run posts by the admin as I haven't in the past.

wow at the attitude that is coming across in the posts.

I seem to have offended you by trying to use the other site and posting a link here, I'm sorry for that but you know what, I'm not going to defend any actions to you.

er Claire...why not help yourself? looking back at your posts, you obviously gamble.

Let's take the tact out.
You spend $ online gambling and have the brass ask for others to help you get wheels. You want the best of both and someone to foot the bill. If you can play online, you can buy your own dang car.

wow at the attitude that is coming across in the posts.

I seem to have offended you by trying to use the other site and posting a link here, I'm sorry for that but you know what, I'm not going to defend any actions to you.

edit: max or bryan can sort it, decide whether someone soliciting funds should defend the action.

Oh simmer down.

I won't defend anything. I have explained my actions and I only posted here because this is a forum I am on regularly reading.

The section is for raising money... Anyway

Oh simmer down.

I won't defend anything. I have explained my actions and I only posted here because this is a forum I am on regularly reading.

Sorry ...you post, you don't get to determine the feedback. I won't be the only one :thumbsup:

I seem to have offended you ....

It's not a matter of "offending" anyone, it's a matter of pissing people off for having abused the site. Big difference.

Your ask for money to buy something hardly qualifies as a charity. In fact you might want to have a peek at the Posting Rules regarding "personal agenda".

Last edited:
This has been totally twisted into such a negative thing.

I read the post bryan sent out, i thought the site was a great idea - such a good concept for people to raise money for various things.

I didn't mean to break any rules.

it isn't negative - it's pragmatic...youre asking people to spend their hard earned money while you spend your own

as to Bryan..hello..it's his damn site

as to other 'charities' theyre vetted before going live

My first post in a while, the idea is a good one but one that could be misused and bring in non gamers by the folds , we have members on here who need help with new wheelchairs and other medical issues and also the children of members whom have passed that need help with education costs, Ted and Pina's children come to mind.

I would give to funds that help our members and their families that we have come to know over the years , I do believe in what goes around comes around and we all should help when we can.

A car does make life easier but its not the end of the world if you lack one for a while.

I do wish you luck.

Laurie

My first post in a while, the idea is a good one but one that could be misused and bring in non gamers by the folds , we have members on here who need help with new wheelchairs and other medical issues and also the children of members whom have passed that need help with education costs, Ted and Pina's children come to mind.

I would give to funds that help our members and their families that we have come to know over the years , I do believe in what goes around comes around and we all should help when we can.

A car does make life easier but its not the end of the world if you lack one for a while.

I do wish you luck.

Laurie

I know you say this above with a good heart, and I don't want to upset anybody here, but it's got to be said in my opinion - Shouldn't responsible gamblers look after their primary responsibilities before spending a penny gambling? I personally have saved a small cash sum for my offspring, plus have a private pension which provides one lump sum and a work pay structure which provides another should I die prematurely/in service. Plus even in my forties and smoking a few fags a day I can buy 150k of life insurance for 20-odd quid a month. My missus has similar in place but she doesn't ever gamble.
I simply would never play if it ever meant my loved ones would go short or homeless either while alive, or after my demise.

Sorry if you think this is harsh, as no doubt it's a sensitive subject, but I always get a 'squirmy' feeling when gamblers ask for money.

we need a car
we say we cant afford a car
the reality is, if we didnt hit the odd bar and play online, we could...but we choose the entertainment over the car, because its not a priority right now in our lives..it's a convenience.

if it WERE, we wouldnt be gambling and drinking.

im moving in 2 months - therefore, right now, gambling allowance takes a back seat. I have a 2 month budget allocating funds to online, food, pets rent and the move and it has to be adhered to.

in our house, it's
bills
pets
food
entertainment..in that order

if you want a car, it's doable - anyone who drinks, smokes, and plays online shouldn't be soliciting funds for a personal-use car.

This has been totally twisted into such a negative thing. ... I didn't mean to break any rules.

Fair enough, maybe you made an honest mistake. But think about if for a minute. The other posts in this forum are about helping war vets, abused animals, orphaned kids, the families of our friends who've passed away. You can't seriously put your desire for a car in the same league as those humanitarian causes. At least one would hope you're not that selfish and narcissistic. :eek:

It's all about context. And this ain't the right context for "hey, help me buy shit" requests.

we need a car
we say we cant afford a car
the reality is, if we didnt hit the odd bar and play online, we could...but we choose the entertainment over the car, because its not a priority right now in our lives..it's a convenience.

if it WERE, we wouldnt be gambling and drinking.

im moving in 2 months - therefore, right now, gambling allowance takes a back seat. I have a 2 month budget allocating funds to online, food, pets rent and the move and it has to be adhered to.

in our house, it's
bills
pets
food
entertainment..in that order

if you want a car, it's doable - anyone who drinks, smokes, and plays online shouldn't be soliciting funds for a personal-use car.

Great order.... and agree. Just a shame pets went off our list couple weeks ago, as used to have same order :( Good luck with all the moving :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back