Irritating IE7 thing

SlotsWizard

Dormant account
This has got to be one of the most annoying and useless things Microsoft has ever implemented:

Old Attachment (Invalid)

If there's no option other than clicking OK, then WHY even bother forcing the user to do so?!

Actually, it's good because it gives me a chance to Ctrl+Alt+Delete and kill IE before it has a chance to run it. But would a Cancel button have been that difficult to implement?

This has got to be one of the most annoying and useless things Microsoft has ever implemented:

Old Attachment (Invalid)

If there's no option other than clicking OK, then WHY even bother forcing the user to do so?!

Actually, it's good because it gives me a chance to Ctrl+Alt+Delete and kill IE before it has a chance to run it. But would a Cancel button have been that difficult to implement?

The cure for IE:

www.getfirefox.com ;)

The only bad thing about FF is the fact you can't run any flash MG games...I wish MG programmers would find an alternative to this, instead of pumping out "new" (read: cloned) slots every month. Their only alternative to this now is tough luck, use IE.

edit: I can't wait for FF 3...this 2.x memory bug is really a pain in the ass! If I were to leave it open for another hour or so, memory usage will be ~3-400MB.

FF3 Beta:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

I have FireFox and Opera installed as well, but I use IE for the majority of my browsing. I use FireFox if I'm going into "bad neighborhoods" and Opera for development/debugging purposes.

Gotcha ;)

How is Opera for development purposes? Does it display pages exactly like IE would?

I'd love to get rid of IE altogether, but I need it to see what the page really looks like when I'm finished working on it. But since FF displays pages differently than IE when using certain tags (tables are usually affected), I can't do that.

Gotcha ;)

How is Opera for development purposes? Does it display pages exactly like IE would?

I'd love to get rid of IE altogether, but I need it to see what the page really looks like when I'm finished working on it. But since FF displays pages differently than IE when using certain tags (tables are usually affected), I can't do that.

I totally understand what you mean. In many cases, IE & FF display pages similar whereas Opera does not. I really do not like Opera. It's fast but it has problems which I think should have been fixed before version 9 but haven't. It has intermittent issues with spacing, and sometimes if you refresh a page which has a separate CSS file, it will pretend that the CSS file doesn't exist which makes everything look ugly.

But somehow, Opera is the only one of the big 3 browsers that passes the Acid Test (which to me says that the Acid test isn't thorough enough).

In short, some people swear by Opera... but I'm not one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back