I'm currently listening to...

Bobby Hutcherson - No Siree Bob (1979) from his album 'Conception, The Gift of Love'

Stand out performances from Hubert Laws, flute and George Cables, piano, and of course, from Sir Bobby of Hutcherson on vibes.

And here he is twenty-eight years later, at Jazz Baltica, a true jazz legend. :)

He was busted in Central Park, NYC, together with drummer Joe Chambers, on drug-related charges, (they were probably just smoking a joint), and they were subsequently kicked out of the musicians union and the NY Scene, so they headed back to California and rejoined the West Coast Scene. I don't think Bobby was really cut out for NYC anyway... way too laid back.

Sir Bobby sadly passed away in 2016, God bless his soul, but he did plenty to keep the jazz flame burning in his native L.A. before he went, bringing along the next generation of West Coast jazz superstars.

Carpool Karaoke would be alright minus James Corden.

It'd be a pleasant montage of Paul McCartney singing while driving :D
I don't mean to unduly freak people out, but you do know that Paul McCartney was killed in a car crash in 1966? Possibly deliberately.

This guy is an imposter named William Shears-Campbell, he is a Scotsman, as the name implies, and his song 'Mull Of Kintyre' is actually autobiographical.

I don't mean to unduly freak people out, but you do know that Paul McCartney was killed in a car crash in 1966? Possibly deliberately.

This guy is an imposter named William Shears-Campbell, he is a Scotsman, as the name implies, and his song 'Mull Of Kintyre' is actually autobiographical.

Eh Ed you been watching nick kollestrom vids again? :)

Bobby Hutcherson - No Siree Bob (1979) from his album 'Conception, The Gift of Love'

Stand out performances from Hubert Laws, flute and George Cables, piano, and of course, from Sir Bobby of Hutcherson on vibes.

I reckon Its the hot weather that's got you hankering for a bit of jazz, I'm more a fan of the mainstream and fusion type, grover washington, alphonse muzon etc..,but only in moderation.:cool:

Last edited:
Eh Ed you been watching nick kollestrom vids again? :)
Not just Kollerstrom. It's bleedin' obvious, you've only got to look at the photos, it's not the same bloke.

Apart from that Macartney was charming, charismatic, talented... and this guy is just a knobhead, who can't even hold down a wife.
I reckon Its the hot weather that's got you hankering for a bit of jazz, I'm more a fan of the mainstream and fusion type, grover washington, alphonse muzon etc.., but only in moderation.
Glad to hear you are a jazzhead. I like a bit of fusion, in moderation, but I'm more into the straight-ahead 60s and 70s stuff, and up to the present day.

Not just Kollerstrom. It's bleedin' obvious, you've only got to look at the photos, it's not the same bloke.

Apart from that Macartney was charming, charismatic, talented... and this guy is just a knobhead, who can't even hold down a wife.

Glad to hear you are a jazzhead. I like a bit of fusion, in moderation, but I'm more into the straight-ahead 60s and 70s stuff, and up to the present day.

Yeah I'm definitely not a true aficionado, when I was 18 I bought a 2nd hand lp from my library when they were getting rid of all their vinyl, it was george shearing and oscar peterson and I listened to it a fair bit but it was just too sophisticated for me. Listened to Jazz FM in the 90's for a while, where they use to play more of the 'pop' style jazz.

I know there's a mile davis track I like because I heard a bit on radio 4 once, but searching on youtube I can't find it [I don't know the name of the track but would recognise the sound, problem is he did tons of tracks so my search continues...]

Edit: just to add, this paul mccartney impostor hasn't done bad pulling this nancy bird, is the kollestrom story the real macca was bumped off and the impostor gets some of the money and the record companies get the rest?

Yeah I'm definitely not a true aficionado, when I was 18 I bought a 2nd hand lp from my library when they were getting rid of all their vinyl, it was george shearing and oscar peterson and I listened to it a fair bit but it was just too sophisticated for me. Listened to Jazz FM in the 90's for a while, where they use to play more of the 'pop' style jazz.

I know there's a mile davis track I like because I heard a bit on radio 4 once, but searching on youtube I can't find it [I don't know the name of the track but would recognise the sound, problem is he did tons of tracks so my search continues...]

Edit: just to add, this paul mccartney impostor hasn't done bad pulling this nancy bird, is the kollestrom story the real macca was bumped off and the impostor gets some of the money and the record companies get the rest?
You should persevere with the jazz, it takes a while, but once it clicks, you're in for life! :)

Kollerstrom is just one of many doubters.

It wasn't about royalties or money.

When the beatles went to the US in the early sixties, the establishment had pulled out all of the stops to make them successful, their 'culture creation industry' had promoted this band to the heady heights for reasons of their own. A lot of their songs were actually composed by a German professor of music, Theodor Adorno, for social engineering purposes, although they were credited to Lennon/Macartney.

Whilst in America, at the height of Beatlemania, Macartney apparently hooked up with a film producer, who was planning an anti-Vietnam War documentary and agreed to write the score for his film.

The establishment could not have that at all; just imagine the tens of millions of youngsters that would have to go and watch that film, because they were Beatles fans. It would have scuppered the establishment's plans more than somewhat.

You should persevere with the jazz, it takes a while, but once it clicks, you're in for life! :)

Kollerstrom is just one of many doubters.

It wasn't about royalties or money.

When the beatles went to the US in the early sixties, the establishment had pulled out all of the stops to make them successful, their 'culture creation industry' had promoted this band to the heady heights for reasons of their own. A lot of their songs were actually composed by a German professor of music, Theodor Adorno, for social engineering purposes, although they were credited to Lennon/Macartney.

Whilst in America, at the height of Beatlemania, Macartney apparently hooked up with a film producer, who was planning an anti-Vietnam War documentary and agreed to write the score for his film.

The establishment could not have that at all; just imagine the tens of millions of youngsters that would have to go and watch that film, because they were Beatles fans. It would have scuppered the establishment's plans more than somewhat.

Thats interesting, you've got my interest aroused [ooh matron] I like a theory with a bit of substance behind it. Is this to do with the tavistock institute?

I grew up in the eighties and remember the house/acid music scene that came from america seemingly out of nowhere and then into the uk and europe, and although I liked it a lot at the time if I ever listen to it much now I experience a depressive feeling coming over me.

So it has made me wonder, given that its mainly 'electronic' music, whether there was some nefarious hand behind it. The social discord and drug culture soared around that time and into the 90's and has been on the rise ever since. I did read somewhere that with advanced knowledge of science, psychology and musical notes, scientists can produce music to directly affect/create a particular emotion.

Last edited:
Thats interesting, you've got my interest aroused [ooh matron] I like a theory with a bit of substance behind it. Is this to do with the tavistock institute?

I grew up in the eighties and remember the house/acid music scene that came from america seemingly out of nowhere and then into the uk and europe, and although I liked it a lot at the time if I ever listen to it much now I experience a depressive feeling coming over me.

So it has made me wonder, given that its mainly 'electronic' music, whether there was some nefarious hand behind it. The social discord and drug culture soared around that time and into the 90's and has been on the rise ever since. I did read somewhere that with advanced knowledge of science, psychology and musical notes, scientists can produce music to directly affect/create a particular emotion.
Yep, precisely, Tavistock and the Frankfurt school. Although it goes way, way back, even Plato wrote about it.

The researchers Neil Sanders, the late Dave McGowan and Alan Watt are all pretty knowledgeable on this subject.

Recently uploaded another of my old style mixes I use to make, in a former life nearly. :p

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

I have like 30 or 40 more mixes and if people like these let me know.
Can throw them on my ftp server and you can grab them for free. :thumbsup:
DJ Marky Mark rings a significant bell in my drink-addled memory.

I lived in the Netherlands at that time, were you quite famous? :)

Lovin' the mix by the way!

Now I think about it, I'm pretty sure I heard you on BBC Radio One, as well. :)

Last edited:
You don't look old enough, was it your Dad's tape? I was a big fan of Eddy too. :)

I have no idea where did it come from (not mine for sure), but when I found it, I played it all the time. I was like 5-6 years old or even less. Knew all the songs and lyrics - of course in my interpretation as I knew only a few English words :laugh:

The album was released same year I was born :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back