I'm currently listening to...

I remember listening to a tiny portable radio in my bed under the blankets, when all the family were asleep. I used to listen to John Peel's late night show, I think it was Radio Caroline, the pirate rig.

I managed to tape a few broadcasts on a Cassette Recorder 1.0, and pretty much wore them tapes out. Peel used to play the latest interesting releases. 'Mothership Connection' was one of those releases and I became intrigued by this funk music from America.

This track from Funkadelic was a firm favourite with me, and I would request it whenever I went to a disco, it used to drive my mates nuts. :)

DJ Marky Mark rings a significant bell in my drink-addled memory.

I lived in the Netherlands at that time, were you quite famous? :)

Lovin' the mix by the way!

Now I think about it, I'm pretty sure I heard you on BBC Radio One, as well. :)

Meh the name is same as from a famous DJ / Producer from the 90's 00's.
The great Mark Wahlberg before his acting career.
I never thought of it when taking the name, it just sounded funny as it is also my real name (Mark). :)

This is the real one.

And thanks for the compliment. :thumbsup:

Meh the name is same as from a famous DJ / Producer from the 90's 00's.
The great Mark Wahlberg before his acting career.
I never thought of it when taking the name, it just sounded funny as it is also my real name (Mark). :)

This is the real one.

And thanks for the compliment. :thumbsup:

No really, it's excellent! I'm listening right now.

Wahlberg of 'The Gambler' fame, wow, you learn something new everyday. Thanks for that. :)

No really, it's excellent! I'm listening right now.

Wahlberg of 'The Gambler' fame, wow, you learn something new everyday. Thanks for that. :)

Hahaha yeah that's the guy..Great actor and he wasn't too bad in his music days either.
Glad you like the mix. Used to make them on a weekly basis in the late 90's and early 2000's.
Still have my turntables and mix gear but just can't be arsed anymore however I still love music.
Too busy with work, kids, slotting :p:p

And I can hear the little mistakes in my mixes, but hey that is why I am not a pro but just an amateur. Got me a job in a nightclub though, long time ago.. those were the days :)

How do you mean ft. Lewis Hamilton?

LadyJ, I think it could be hamilton at 2.40 mins, I can't stand the bloke but each to his own....

"According to Metro.co.uk, a music source has revealed that it's none other than Formula 1 driver Lewis Hamilton, performing under the pseudonym XNDA.

Lewis has apparently "teased" his vocals online before, but this is the "first time his voice has been heard on an official song."

I struggle to cope with people that wear trousers like this:
LewisHamilton.jpg

Oh Jesus, I've already been sick of his show offs in Formula 1, including bringing Justin Bieber or similar "celebrities" in the garage..and now this. :sniper:

I said I can't stand him but that was a slight exaggeration, he's harmless enough...but I think he's contacted a bad case of beckhamitis, which causes constant obsessions about tattoos and clothing

images
For the love of God Mack, don't be putting those pictures of Hamilton on here. Not with Glassheart about :eek2:

His blood pressure has only recently returned to normal after I posted those choice saucy topless Lewis poses. And that was about three months ago! :eek:

Avishai Cohen Quartet - Smash, live at the Blue Note club, NYC, 2006

Jimmy Greene, soprano sax; Sam Barsh, piano; Avishai Cohen, electric bass; Mark Guilliana, drums.

Cohen shows who's boss by casually knocking out a bit of flamenco on his bass guitar, a true virtuoso. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back