I'm currently listening to...

My kids were raring for school after this was on the local radio this morning......apparently my5 year olds been singing 'big, fat and eavy' all day. Last week he was singing 'im on smoko, so leave me alone!' just waiting for the call from social.....

I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices, son

They're one in the same
I must isolate you
Isolate and save you from yourself

My Mum liked Petula Clark so as a result, I dont mind as her music was the background to so many days playing on Sundays as a kid.

Been listening to some of Mums influence today.......

Not familiar with Kate Bush but both are good songs.

My mum liked Andrea Bocelli so we pitched in and got her a couple tickets.
My father loved Frank Sinatra but I didn't. Now years later after listening to some I realize just how good a singer he was.

My Mum liked Petula Clark so as a result, I dont mind as her music was the background to so many days playing on Sundays as a kid.

Been listening to some of Mums influence today.......

I hated Kate Bush as a youngster - now, I love her! Can't explain it, LOL I really like the cover of this song recorded by Candy Says for the title track to that Noomi Rapace film "Close" -

I don't listen much to contemporary music - everyone is such a diva, everyone wants to be Barbra Streisand. With Kate Bush, it was about her MUSIC, and the lyrics were intelligent. Ditto the Pet Shop Boys. With Abba, it was about ABBA and the melody equally, no grandstanding or upstaging anyone else.

With contemporary recording stars, they are so into themselves, that it seems as if they don't care about the melody or the lyrics; they care about taking this one word from this one track and mixing it with a word from a separate track.

There was an article recently (Rolling Stone? Salon? I can't remember) about music bands, and the fact that they are no longer as popular as they once were. That is probably true, but I would argue part of that is that nobody talented wants to work with divas who will steal credit for stuff they didn't do, but their bandmates did.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back