Horse Racing & Tips Thread

After my win in @Kenji85 's comp. I did this today. So I will have another bash next week with the returns and hopefully I will get a comp going after getting a decent return.

Lucky (15) Each Way

• Holymacapony @ 8/1​

Win Each Way - First 3 places at 1/5 odds
    13:05 Leopardstown
  • Exalted Angel @ 16/1​

13:11 Lingfield
  • Ashington @ 9/2​

14:05 Musselburgh
  • The Ferry Master @ SP​

Win Each Way - First 3 places at 1/4 odds
    You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

6 Feb, 15:45 GMT

Just on tomorrows racing. The card at Leopardstown is quite good again.
In the 2.40 Koshari has caught my eye. 10/1. Townend takes the ride this time as its last race (which it won) was after almost 3 years off course. Horse still only nine. Has bags of potential too.

Leopardstown 2.40 - Heroes Of Renown 40/1, 6 places longshot of the day. It doesn't appear to have been ridden to win at all, so would think there's a target in mind. If it's today is another matter, but is very well handicapped on some of it's novice form. Still 40/1 at PP/BF/365 but blue everywhere and as low as 20's elsewhere.

3.10L Fils D'oudairies 22/1. Might need further but the plan is to run him in the RSA. To have any chance of taking part he will need to have a decent run today. Obviously not expecting to to beat Monkfish.

2.10L Appreciate it should win this at a canter, especially with the form Mullins is in. Being long odds on means there value elsewhere though, and I'm sure Mullins will have at least 2 of the first 4 home, so going on Hook Up at 33/1 with 4 places at Betfair. Danny Mullins gets big priced placed horses quite often for him.

1.10L Robinnia. Just a guess on this one, knowing the owners have high hopes and think he could get a place. Mullins have told them he doesn't expect him to be the last of his runners to finish, so will stick it in the Lucky 15 to make the numbers up :D 20/1 5 places (22/1 skybet 7 places but without BOG).

Good luck today

Screenshot_20210207-112757_Chrome.jpg

I stuck Koshari in a lucky 15 also.

Interesting one is Born Patriot at Musselburgh.
It's a decent race but that's a horse Peter Fahey is very sweet on. He doesn't send horses to Northern UK often and has a record that is quite good around 1in 4 win as far as I remember.
Richard Johnson takes the ride so no complaints there and at the price. He makes it into my sunday random lucky 15 :laugh:

Global Equity is in from 25/1 to 16s and I can see why. Love the profile and worth a shot. Joseph O Brien is not quite in Willie Mullins form but his horses are running well too.

Uisce Beatha is overpriced and has in my opinion very strong place chances with 6 places paid.

For those of you having a bet on Liverpool v Man City
PP has a zero risk bet builder, select a bet builder bet up to fiver if it loses money back as a free bet.
Bet365 has a special place tenner on game before ko and get a free 10 in play bet on the game.

These may be useful to some.

Gl all having a bet.

Here's mine for today.

Sun 13:10
365683.GIF

17 - Global Equity @ SP​

Win

Free to watch shortly before 13:10

Sun 13:25
427661.GIF

10 - Vino's Choice @ 12/1​

Win

Free to watch shortly before 13:25

Sun 14:40
21347.GIF

15 - Ballyshannon Rose @ SP​

Win

Free to watch shortly before 14:40

Sun 16:10
146251.GIF

4 - The Long Mile @ SP​

Win

Free to watch shortly before 16:10

There are some interesting bets above this post today. I will be following them all and I wish you all good luck. I'm quite looking forward to today's racing.
Here is mine in Ireland :)

Lucky 31 (x62) Each Way

9. Telmesomethinggirl
6/1
7th Feb LEOPARDSTOWN 13:10 2M 2F HCAP HURDLE 2m 2f - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 5 Places
10. Damalisque
11/2
7th Feb LEOPARDSTOWN 14:40 3M HCAP HURDLE 3m - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 6 Places
1. Andy Dufresne
9/1
7th Feb LEOPARDSTOWN 15:10 2M 5 1/2F CHASE 2m 5f 93yds - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 3 Places
18. Crossed My Mind
13/2
7th Feb LEOPARDSTOWN 16:10 2M 5 1/2F HCAP CHASE 2m 5f 93yds - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 6 Places
1. Brooklynn Glory
13/2
7th Feb LEOPARDSTOWN 16:40 2M NH FLAT 2m - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 3 Places
Best odds

Leopardstown 2.40 - Heroes Of Renown 40/1, 6 places longshot of the day. It doesn't appear to have been ridden to win at all, so would think there's a target in mind. If it's today is another matter, but is very well handicapped on some of it's novice form. Still 40/1 at PP/BF/365 but blue everywhere and as low as 20's elsewhere.

3.10L Fils D'oudairies 22/1. Might need further but the plan is to run him in the RSA. To have any chance of taking part he will need to have a decent run today. Obviously not expecting to to beat Monkfish.

2.10L Appreciate it should win this at a canter, especially with the form Mullins is in. Being long odds on means there value elsewhere though, and I'm sure Mullins will have at least 2 of the first 4 home, so going on Hook Up at 33/1 with 4 places at Betfair. Danny Mullins gets big priced placed horses quite often for him.

1.10L Robinnia. Just a guess on this one, knowing the owners have high hopes and think he could get a place. Mullins have told them he doesn't expect him to be the last of his runners to finish, so will stick it in the Lucky 15 to make the numbers up :D 20/1 5 places (22/1 skybet 7 places but without BOG).

Good luck today
Nice touch with Hook up finishing 4th at 50/1 Col. And Mullins had 3 of the top 4 finishers :thumbsup:

View attachment 150215

I stuck Koshari in a lucky 15 also.

Interesting one is Born Patriot at Musselburgh.
It's a decent race but that's a horse Peter Fahey is very sweet on. He doesn't send horses to Northern UK often and has a record that is quite good around 1in 4 win as far as I remember.
Richard Johnson takes the ride so no complaints there and at the price. He makes it into my sunday random lucky 15 :laugh:

Global Equity is in from 25/1 to 16s and I can see why. Love the profile and worth a shot. Joseph O Brien is not quite in Willie Mullins form but his horses are running well too.

Uisce Beatha is overpriced and has in my opinion very strong place chances with 6 places paid.

For those of you having a bet on Liverpool v Man City
PP has a zero risk bet builder, select a bet builder bet up to fiver if it loses money back as a free bet.
Bet365 has a special place tenner on game before ko and get a free 10 in play bet on the game.

These may be useful to some.

Gl all having a bet.
Fingers crossed for your third nag 240 Ken :thumbsup:

Gallahers Cross in the 425M is the third leg of 3 three horse treble super gamble today for some punter after their first two romped home

Last edited:
Fingers crossed for your third nag 240 Ken :thumbsup:
Came from stone last 3 out to get 6th luckily PP paid 6 places. Uisce Beatha runs in the 4.10 last part of lucky 15 all other placed 16/1,15/2 and 12/1 so a place will be very much welcomed.

Hope Gallahers cross wins for that punter. Love those stories.

Came from stone last 3 out to get 6th luckily PP paid 6 places. Uisce Beatha runs in the 4.10 last part of lucky 15 all other placed 16/1,15/2 and 12/1 so a place will be very much welcomed.

Hope Gallahers cross wins for that punter. Love those stories.
Good luck with your last nag Ken. My ew bet is still live at the moment too. Loving the racing this afternoon while preparing a huge dinner :p

Gallahers Cross in the 425M cross is the third leg of 3 three horse treble super gamble today for some punter after their first two romped home
that was 33/1 yesterday, now 4/9 lol
Blowing Fish was 14/1 (4/6 at the off)
Fire Away was 25/1 (evens)
so if you stuck a tenner on last night at best prices the treble would pay around £132k!

The first 2 had chances, the next one on all known form shouldn't be placed let alone win.

so because I don't think it will win, and because the pricing on the race is now controlled by the betting rather than the true chance of the horse there is clear value in backing others, go going for a reverse tricast on

Bullion Boss
Golden Emblem
Bollingerandkrug

How impressive was Monkfish today! Seen some very good horses this weekend.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20210207-151622_Chrome.jpgso this is ONE of the bets apparently there are a couple of them floating around at a little bigger prices. It'll be some touch.

Note that screenie isn't mine. I wish. Lol

View attachment 150227so this is ONE of the bets apparently there are a couple of them floating around at a little bigger prices. It'll be some touch.

Note that screenie isn't mine. I wish. Lol
So there is a syndicate on them? I'll be pushing my tv so much from the side that it could end up out of my window if the last horse is winning :p Its 4/7 now!

PS. My 5 timer is still on :p

So there is a syndicate on them? I'll be pushing my tv so much from the side that it could end up out of my window if the last horse is winning :p I have been told there was 4 or 5 individual bets. I take it with a grain of salt though until I see proof.

PS. My 5 timer is still on :p Maybe keep your luck for this so lol

Good luck today
Did you get a decent return for this Col?

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back