Horse Racing & Tips Thread

Here's mine for today.

Sun 13:10
365683.GIF

17 - Global Equity @ SP​

Win
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Free to watch shortly before 13:10

Sun 13:25
427661.GIF

10 - Vino's Choice @ 12/1​

Win

Free to watch shortly before 13:25

Sun 14:40
21347.GIF

15 - Ballyshannon Rose @ SP​

Win

Free to watch shortly before 14:40

Sun 16:10
146251.GIF

4 - The Long Mile @ SP​

Win

Free to watch shortly before 16:10
Fingers crossed with the long mile cncas. Hopefully we will all end up in profit :)

Never looked to be travelling super comfortably to me. I hope the punters locked up some profit.

On my own bet. Uisce Beatha finished 7th pp paid 6 places:rolleyes:
But I've still made a little profit.

Never looked to be travelling super comfortably to me. I hope the punters locked up some profit.

On my own bet. Uisce Beatha finished 7th pp paid 6 places:rolleyes:
But I've still made a little profit.
I thought it would be at least first 3 coming to the last. Lets hope they had a round robin on. Mine was up there after the last but faded badly. I still have high hopes for an ew 4 timer with my last

Going to go against the grain here and say I'm glad it got beat.
Horse racing is already thought of as a cheating game by many. There is no way there wasn't cheating/collusion going on here, even though the last one got beat. By finishing 4th and so close up, it massively improved on anything it's shown so far.
The majority of bets were all put on last night, at the same time.

d0cb8b23a3b279a7c9783ab14efe96ab.jpg

To give an idea of the liabilities. Do WH have a max £250k payout like Skybet and some others does anyone know?

Blowing Dixie last 6 races beaten 25L, 16L, 20L, 28L, 22L and 25L
Fire Away last 8 races PU 61L 51L PU 39L 26L 25L 38L, wins by 19L

There is no way cheating didn't go on here.
Add to that, and I especially hope the BHA and stewards look at these, if you get the chance to watch the races again, watch how the 2nd favourites were ridden. All 3 of them were clearly not trying at any point of the race.

I know everyone likes a gamble, stick it up the bookies, but anyone not 'in the know' has lost their money.

Going to go against the grain here and say I'm glad it got beat.
Horse racing is already thought of as a cheating game by many. There is no way there wasn't cheating/collusion going on here, even though the last one got beat. By finishing 4th and so close up, it massively improved on anything it's shown so far.
The majority of bets were all put on last night, at the same time.

d0cb8b23a3b279a7c9783ab14efe96ab.jpg

To give an idea of the liabilities. Do WH have a max £250k payout like Skybet and some others does anyone know?

Blowing Dixie last 6 races beaten 25L, 16L, 20L, 28L, 22L and 25L
Fire Away last 8 races PU 61L 51L PU 39L 26L 25L 38L, wins by 19L

There is no way cheating didn't go on here.
Add to that, and I especially hope the BHA and stewards look at these, if you get the chance to watch the races again, watch how the 2nd favourites were ridden. All 3 of them were clearly not trying at any point of the race.

I know everyone likes a gamble, stick it up the bookies, but anyone not 'in the know' has lost their money.
I agree with everything you say - everyone knows that gambles take place all the time but the most of these are when everything falls right for the horse, the horse is in good form, maybe down in the weights a bit, and the connections know this is his day.
This wasnt one of these, none of these horses could conceivably had a chance on all known form, they had nothing that could have taken place to increase their chances based on all previous runs, no changes of stable could account for this, no drop in the weights, unless they havent been trying for the last two years.
I love to see a proper gamble come off, this just stunk a bit and anyone who has backed these horses in the last few years never had a chance.

It certainly doesn't help anyone trying to say the game is clean. As you have said these people were 100% in the know. Trainers colluding together both in the form of the three runners backed and those who didn't try a yard.

I would have been happy for the punters involved to get the bet up once it was gone beyond the point of recourse. In saying that though I don't agree with how they've gone about it clearly synchronised bets done across different firms. I would feel aggrieved for any punter who backed a horse other than the ones gambled on as they are reading all form and information and trusting it. Essentially the punt proves the form is bollocks.

I spoke to someone before who changed my mind when I was greener. I mentioned Barney Curley. I said the punters pal. Kind of half joking. The guy I was talking to was a very experienced trader. his reply was "is he fuck. Think about it Curley got his bets on first. The layman got the shit price left over,if bookies even laid a bet at that point"

Very valid point.

I spoke to someone before who changed my mind when I was greener. I mentioned Barney Curley. I said the punters pal. Kind of half joking. The guy I was talking to was a very experienced trader. his reply was "is he fuck. Think about it Curley got his bets on first. The layman got the shit price left over,if bookies even laid a bet at that point"

Very valid point.
I do think there's a difference between the one today and what Barney did - when you look back at his punts a lot of them were on horses dropped in class, lots of them dropping into sellers and the like, and they were with horses who hadnt run for a long time, he would always cherry pick a few and hide them away - and then there were the ones first time into handicaps, maybe a change of distance or going.
With these ones today, they had run numerous times and looks like they never had a chance in those races as they werent trying an ounce. That to me is where the difference is, Barney had one that hadnt run for two years, was backed in from 12-1 to 6-4 and won in a canter, these ones today were running in public for a long time and didnt ever try to run to their ability.

At least my bet builder came in :)

CONGRATS!
YOU HAVE WON £4.32
W
Over 2.5 Goals
8/11
Over/Under 2.5 Goals - Liverpool v Man City
16:30 07 February 2021

Stake
£2.50
Returns
£4.32

Bet ID: O/4239123/0003326
CONGRATS!
YOU HAVE WON £4.73
Bet Builder
89/100
Liverpool v Man City
16:30 07 February 2021

I do think there's a difference between the one today and what Barney did - when you look back at his punts a lot of them were on horses dropped in class, lots of them dropping into sellers and the like, and they were with horses who hadnt run for a long time, he would always cherry pick a few and hide them away - and then there were the ones first time into handicaps, maybe a change of distance or going.
With these ones today, they had run numerous times and looks like they never had a chance in those races as they werent trying an ounce. That to me is where the difference is, Barney had one that hadnt run for two years, was backed in from 12-1 to 6-4 and won in a canter, these ones today were running in public for a long time and didnt ever try to run to their ability.

Yes exactly, running horses over the wrong distance or on the wrong ground a few times to get a low handicap mark and a big price is one thing (still a little questionable though) but today was cheating, plain and simple.

Very valid point.

Yeah that was my point. If you aren't in the know, and you back on form or whatever, then you have lost your money. Imagine if you stuck a lucky 15 on last night before the gambles started, you had 3 winners and a second to one of these winners. The punters lose just as much as the bookies, more so when you consider the overrounds that were returned today, as the prices are all terrible.

Pretty abysmal racing at the moment due to the soft southerners getting 1mm of snow and the whole country from Leeds down grinding to a standstill :)

Tomorrow in the 6.15, Gimcrack 2nd, Lord Of The Lodge, make his handicap debut. Only 6 runners but 15/2 with PP and BF is massive, and only has the favourite to beat in my view. I'll be surprised if it isn't half this price tomorrow afternoon.

2.05W on Saturday, Paul's Saga has came from France for this race, and is the first one to do so since Brexit and don't think she's came for a ride out.These are trainer comments for the race

"It's probably going to cost three and a half grand to run, with the tunnel, coming over a couple of days in advance, vet's tests, Covid-19 tests and the carnet de voyage."

Brian Hughes is booked to ride Paul's Saga at Warwick and Kiely said: "The race on Saturday doesn't make great financial sense unless she wins but she needs to run. It's all very doable but it's complicated and it's two or three weeks of planning for this specific race."

No idea what the price will be, but I think she is there to win. Also entered for the stayers at Cheltenham (16/1)

1.05K Ballybough Mary. Should be able to beat these. 9/4
1.35K Muy Bien. Sean's only ride of the day, plus it's pedigree is decent and Fry usually does well in bumpers. 2/1
3.20T Capodanno. The market tends to know how a Mullin's horse is going to perform, and it's usually right. Plus has the form to win this and will love the ground. 6/4
4.45K Calva D'Auge. Should win this pretty easily, in form and so is the jockey and trainer. 15/8

Going to wait an hour before I back them to double check they are all running, if there is a NR then will put the one in below. Doing a £1 Yankee and £9 4 fold accoumulator.

3.40K Son Of Camas. Been running in much better races than this, including a grade 1 at Cheltenham. Won his second bumper quite easily and with the original favourite getting took ourt the race think this has a really good chance. 7/4

Good luck if you are having a bet today

Last edited:
There probably has been, but I can't remember such an uninspiring days racing for a long time. One UK meeting, 40 runners over 7 races, only one with 3 places!
Newbury and Warwick called off tomorrow too (so the Betfair Hurdle that I was looking forward too and spent ages studying ffs) :(

There probably has been, but I can't remember such an uninspiring days racing for a long time. One UK meeting, 40 runners over 7 races, only one with 3 places!
Newbury and Warwick called off tomorrow too (so the Betfair Hurdle that I was looking forward too and spent ages studying ffs) :(
I am just hoping that Naas goes ahead tomorrow. On the bright side sled sales have sky rocketed around here and its good to see kids with a smile on their faces for a change :)

Oh well on the bright side it means I can put a few more quid into my Cheltenham fund as I wont be having many bets this weekend... 5 weeks today is Gold Cup day and I cant wait.

-Here is a tip for today.

Do not Back Zen Silence to finish in the top four in the 4 o'clock race lol

My one bet today and only backed it as it is 2nd favourite and it is Paddy Power's money back as free bet if it finishes in first four.

Do not know why i bother as no matter what i back it never finishes in top four :laugh:

Short priced favourites everywhere today that I have no interest in.

I did back Convertible in the 3.10 at Lingfield at 3/1. Ryan Moore up for Palmer. A couple of nice placed efforts on the AW recently and it may be about to win.
Money back 2,3 or 4th so that'll probably be my only horse bet today.

Couple of bets on football and 6 nations also.

Gl all having a bet.

Short priced favourites everywhere today that I have no interest in.

I did back Convertible in the 3.10 at Lingfield at 3/1. Ryan Moore up for Palmer. A couple of nice placed efforts on the AW recently and it may be about to win.
Money back 2,3 or 4th so that'll probably be my only horse bet today.

Couple of bets on football and 6 nations also.

Gl all having a bet.

Lol i did the same bet for same reason on Convertible.

Like yourself mainly sticking to football today and over goals markets.

Will no doubt bet some horses while watching the racing tho.

Little gamble on Rough Terrain in the 3.25N, 20/1 into 2/1 in around 2 hours.
His other runner today went from 10/1 into 5/2 at the same time. 4.35 Hastag Watt.
Trainer knows what he's doing, wouldn't be surprised for them both to win. Obviously good prices gone now, but the double pays around 13/1.

His other runner today went from 10/1 into 5/2 at the same time. 4.35 Hastag Watt.
Trainer knows what he's doing, wouldn't be surprised for them both to win. Obviously good prices gone now, but the double pays around 13/1.
Looks like he's trying to get the money in in advance of his 6 months holiday.

I have a suspicion this may be a bookies gamble.

Now I could be entirely wrong but in his current situation does he really need to be drawing attention from stewards on himself?
The first one has been stone last twice in a row beaten a country mile. What's he gonna say if it hacks up? I'm sure he will say horse has eaten up properly or had a virus or some such but ant steward worth his salt will know not to believe him and it is a case of the hand brake came off. Lol
To be fair the second one is a different story. It could be anything.

I remain doubtful either will win but good luck to those who have backed it. I am staying away because both irish bookies and Charles Byrnes operation are bastards :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back