Horse Racing & Tips Thread

Verry Elleegant came in 7th, so does that mean you are a winner...of sorts?

Just hope that Anthony Van Dyke is not seriously injured. He is a beautiful horse.

To edit: Just heard the dreadful news that AVD has been humanely euthanised - a fetlock/forelock injury, not sure which. In shock, as he looked so healthy in the mounting yard.
Yes, I got a return for the first time ever on the Melbourne Cup, thanks for the advice.
Always sad to see horses get injured, and awful when they lose their life.

Wichita the other day in a paddock accident at Werribee, and now AVD - both Aidan O'Brien trained horses. The stable must be in shock. Truly heartbreaking.

Are Australian conditions too tough, or is the weight the horses carry (in the case of AVD) too much, or is it just one of those things?

Anyway, truly heartbreaking.

Wichita the other day in a paddock accident at Werribee, and now AVD - both Aidan O'Brien trained horses. The stable must be in shock. Truly heartbreaking.

Are Australian conditions too tough, or is the weight the horses carry (in the case of AVD) too much, or is it just one of those things?

I would think it’s most likely the firm ground that’s caused, I would have thought the ground would be the fastest/firmest they would have encountered and when they are rattling down on that ground any minor fragility they may have had would most likely have been magnified/ weakened further.
Unfortunately it’s just one of these things, thousands of horses will race on these conditions with no ill effect but there will always be exceptions.

Kerrin McEvoy has been fined AUD$50k for excessive use of the whip on Tiger Moth. He has also been suspended.

McEvoy pleaded guilty to the charge after it was found he hit his mount Tiger Moth 13 times before the 100-metre mark and 21 times in total. He is not permitted to strike his mount more than five times before the 100-metre mark.

Does this not mean that Tiger Moth had an unfair advantage due to this, and other horses might have had a better chance if the rules weren't so flagrantly broken by McEvoy?

Also, regarding the conditions:

Stewards also noted that Oceanex (11th) and Persan (fifth) suffered heat stress after the Melbourne Cup and that Prince Of Arran emerged from the race with a laceration to his left fore-leg.

PS: You can tell I really know nothing about racing, but I am trying to learn.

No it's more along the lines of it coming across as animal cruelty to whip a horse even though in racing circles it's a well known fact it very very rarely hurts or marks a horse. Even though it has happened.

Aiden O Briens Stable is not far from here 45 mins or so in ballydoyle. While he and his team will be greatly saddened by the death it was a freak occurrence on ground harder than the horse is used to. This may sound heartless but it will hurt his team less than others. In 99% of stables AVD would be the stable star. In O'Brien's he is another good one. Harsh I know but true. This loss hurts. Its horrendous to see happen to any horse but it would hurt financially for example a lot more for other operations than coolmore.

As regards the heat affect. Bound to happen. It's the race that stops a nation. The biggest in Australian racing therefore they go harder and faster over longer distances than normal. It is almost double the distance of the cox plate for example. Injustices and injuries are bound to occur. Similar to the grand national in aintree.

I bet tiger moth ew so recovered most of my bets.

Delighted for Joseph. He is showing a real knack for this race. Two wins in 4 years

@geordiecolin : You said you love underdog success stories, so here is another one.

Tears I cry won the G1 Emirates stake back in 2007 - again with a female jockey (Nikita Beriman).

The odds of the 1st three horses were off-the-charts: 100/1, 90/1 and 80/1. Can you imagine winning the Trifecta with those odds?

Check out the owner's reaction at 1:02. Absolutely priceless.

Wasn't that great to watch? The commentator gave it no chance before the off :)

It has been argued that horses are put into tough training too early and before their bones have had a chance to mature and this is one reason why they have such fatal injuries :(

Heads up guys.

Free 5 euro bet on city v liverpool this week with PP.

They also have an offer bet 5euro on the 2.30Curragh and get 5 eur free on breeders cup

I'm quite excited for Hollie Doyle today and have backed her because I think that she has a decent each way chance. I would be made up if she got a placing.

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

14. Danny California
5/1
6th Nov KEENELAND 18:50 EVENT 1m 5f 0y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 4 Place
1. Mighty Gurkha
20/1
6th Nov KEENELAND 19:30 EVENT 0m 5f 110y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 4 Places
4. Plum Ali
5/1
6th Nov KEENELAND 21:30 EVENT 1m 0f 0y - Each Way
9. Sittin On Go
9/1
6th Nov KEENELAND 22:15 EVENT 1m 0f 110y - Each Way
Best odds

And in Ireland today

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

5. Final Endeavour
11/2
6th Nov CURRAGH 14:30 1M 2F HCAP 1m 2f - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 5 Places
3. Autumn Evening
11/2
6th Nov CURRAGH 15:05 1M 4F STAKES 1m 4f - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 3 Places
6. Excuzio Joe
11/2
6th Nov CURRAGH 15:40 1M HCAP 1m - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 5 Places
10. Drumquina
6/1
6th Nov CURRAGH 16:10 6F HCAP 6f - Each Way

Good luck if your having a punt :)

My horse betting tip is to not bet horse but if you still want bet on horse then do it on a suomenhevonen to make big bank saatana! English jokkeys never master this art.

So I've done a few today. We remain in lockdown so I miss my saturday morning trip to the bookies it may only be for 5 mins to put on the bets but I always enjoyed the walk.

Anyway
I backed Magical in the Breeders Cup simply because I couldn't help myself. Its no forlorn hope retains plenty of ability and if Europe will win any race at this years breeders cup then this is it.

Elsewhere

11.50 Donc
Imperium Blue.
I like backing top weight in a nursery if they have solid form and that is the case here. I took 2/1.

2.05 Donc
Moonlight In Paris
Gosden has this one going the right way imo and 12/1 is too big.

Edit; 2 more at home in Naas.

1.25 Tide of Time at 4/1 this is an each way bet to nothing for me.
Lynam let the favourite Earls leave his stable for a small sum midweek which has me thinking he has the beating of it. Also will love the cut in the ground.

2.00 Cerberus
Again at 6/1 an ew to nothing imo. Up 6lb for a strong second lto. But a very talented 7lb claimer takes the ride.

GL All having a punt.

Outsider of the day for me is Glencadam Glory (3.15D), currently 66/1 (7 places Skybet, 6 places Unibet etc). Ella McCain is riding well at the moment, and has had recent 12/1 and 18/1 winners. The stable are in decent form too. If it can repeat it's Ebor second today I can't see it not being in the first 6 places. Obviously it's a fairly big 'if' but 66/1 is a mad price.

In the 3.35W Potterman has to have a good chance at 11/1, although in the same race I can't ignore Sean Bowen has his only ride of the day Just A Sting so maybe a small RFC with the two.

Potterman was unlucky not to win yesterday, got 2nd though.

Done Lermoos Legend in the 3.55 9/1 EW, was told yesterday that this was what Sean was expecting to do well with today.

Got caught a few times today with the new Skybet rules of not offering BOG on races with extra places, including backing Roaring Bull EW @ 33-1 and it returned @ 66-1.
lesson learned for me is to take SP on these races as it seems 9 times out of 10 the Skybet early price is shorter than SP.

Probably worse weekend for fcking long time, not sure if any of my few picked donkeys even finished race.. Maybe some pros could say that change of season from falt to jump is always challenging but with my knowledge would be just lama excuse... At least next weekend can't be worse (hopefully not making equal either) :)

I've not been betting very much lately but I was so close to getting very lucky last night when my first two came in on a lucky 31 and the cash out was already quite good. Two of my horses where quite unlucky to come in second but I let it ride and ended up with a lovely touch.

Lucky 31 (x62) Each Way
W
1. Gumra
9/4
7th Nov CHELMSFORD CITY 18:30 7F HCAP 7f - Each Way
18:30 07 November 2020
Each Way: 1/4 Odds, 3 Places
Best odds
W
6. Casaruan
14/1 20/1
7th Nov CHELMSFORD CITY 19:00 7F HCAP 7f - Each Way
19:00 07 November 2020
Best odds
P
8. Kaths Lustre
6/1 13/2
7th Nov CHELMSFORD CITY 19:30 6F HCAP 6f - Each Way
19:30 07 November 2020
Best odds
P
1. Whatwouldyouknow
10/1
7th Nov CHELMSFORD CITY 20:00 1M 2F HCAP 1m 2f - Each Way
20:00 07 November 2020
Best odds
P
6. Bay Of Naples
8/1
7th Nov CHELMSFORD CITY 20:30 1M 2F HCAP 1m 2f - Each Way
20:30 07 November 2020

I'm so looking forward to the jumps season :)

Typical that my first 3 ran stinkers

Lucky 31 (x62) Each Way

L
1. Urban Violet
17/2
11th Nov KEMPTON 17:35 EVENT 1m 0f 0y - Each Way
17:35 11 November 2020

Best odds

L
8. Loving Dream

10/1
11th Nov KEMPTON 18:05 EVENT 1m 0f 0y - Each Way
18:05 11 November 2020

Best odds

L
2. Sparkling Olly

9/4
11th Nov KEMPTON 18:35 HANDICAP 1m 0f 0y - Each Way
18:35 11 November 2020

Best odds

W
8. Razor Glass
3/1
11th Nov KEMPTON 19:05 EVENT 0m 6f 0y - Each Way
19:05 11 November 2020

Best odds

W
6. Papa Stour

40/1
11th Nov KEMPTON 19:35 HANDICAP 0m 7f 0y - Each Way
19:35 11 November 2020

Best odds

Typical that my first 3 ran stinkers

Lucky 31 (x62) Each Way

L
1. Urban Violet
17/2
11th Nov KEMPTON 17:35 EVENT 1m 0f 0y - Each Way
17:35 11 November 2020

Best odds

L
8. Loving Dream

10/1
11th Nov KEMPTON 18:05 EVENT 1m 0f 0y - Each Way
18:05 11 November 2020

Best odds

L
2. Sparkling Olly

9/4
11th Nov KEMPTON 18:35 HANDICAP 1m 0f 0y - Each Way
18:35 11 November 2020

Best odds

W
8. Razor Glass
3/1
11th Nov KEMPTON 19:05 EVENT 0m 6f 0y - Each Way
19:05 11 November 2020

Best odds

W
6. Papa Stour

40/1
11th Nov KEMPTON 19:35 HANDICAP 0m 7f 0y - Each Way
19:35 11 November 2020

Best odds

Yikes. Even two of those placed would provide a serious touch. Nice picking none the less!

Yikes. Even two of those placed would provide a serious touch. Nice picking none the less!
I'm still happy about the return Ken but I can not help thinking what if those two winners had came in the first two races. The cash out alone would have been huge.
PS.
If I get my winnings from the MrGreen comp I intend to hold a comp in this thread like you did

I'm still happy about the return Ken but I can not help thinking what if those two winners had came in the first two races. The cash out alone would have been huge.
PS.
If I get my winnings from the MrGreen comp I intend to hold a comp in this thread like you did
Ya the 40/1 would have made a nice base for a cashout.

Cool about the comp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back