Horse Racing & Tips Thread

Good luck today mate
I don't often do such short priced each way bets but 2 of her runners are worth a punt. I quite like the card at Clonmel too

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

• 31st Oct STRATFORD 15:25 HANDICAP CHASE 2m 3f 98y - Each Way
    4. Bennys King7/2
    E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 4 Places

• 31st Oct STRATFORD 15:55 NOVICES' HURDLE 2m 0f 70y - Each Way
    3. Alnadam5/2
    E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 3 Places

• 31st Oct STRATFORD 16:25 HANDICAP CHASE 2m 6f 125y - Each Way
    9. Financial Outcome16/5

31st Oct STRATFORD 13:45 MAIDEN HURDLE 2m 6f 7y - Each Way
    9. Wayfinder85/40

Clonmel
  • Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

• 31st Oct CLONMEL 13:00 2M 3 1/2F HURDLE 2m 3f 152yds - Each Way
      3. Janets Charm5/1

• 31st Oct CLONMEL 13:30 2M 1/2F HURDLE 2m 140yds - Each Way
      13. Notice To Close7/2

• 31st Oct CLONMEL 14:05 2M 1/2F HCAP HURDLE 2m 140yds - Each Way
      9. Deauville Society4/1
      E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 5 Places

• 31st Oct CLONMEL 14:40 3M HCAP HURDLE 3m - Each Way
      8. Persian Wind5/1

Another 600 mile round trip on a Sunday for Sean Bowen today, when he makes the trip to Carlisle to ride Equus Dancer in the 12.45. Not as strong as previous times, as he's riding for his Dad, so transport etc already in place. However the horse is decent, has won at the course, has won on G/S, although they were shorter distances. Also Peter is in pretty poor form at the moment, so not one to go too heavily on. Currently 5/1.

Another 600 mile round trip on a Sunday for Sean Bowen today, when he makes the trip to Carlisle to ride Equus Dancer in the 12.45. Not as strong as previous times, as he's riding for his Dad, so transport etc already in place. However the horse is decent, has won at the course, has won on G/S, although they were shorter distances. Also Peter is in pretty poor form at the moment, so not one to go too heavily on. Currently 5/1.
I've just taken Bowens nag in a small lucky 15,cheers :)

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

• 3rd Nov CARLISLE 12:45 NOVICES' HURDLE 2m 4f 8y - Each Way
    4. Equus Dancer4/1

• 3rd Nov CARLISLE 13:20 NOVICES' CHASE 2m 4f 0y - Each Way
    1. Im To Blame17/2

• 3rd Nov CARLISLE 13:55 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 1f 33y - Each Way
    9. Frightened Rabbit15/4

• 3rd Nov CARLISLE 15:05 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 4f 8y - Each Way
    2. Aye Right9/4

I've just taken Bowens nag in a small lucky 15,cheers :)

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

• 3rd Nov CARLISLE 12:45 NOVICES' HURDLE 2m 4f 8y - Each Way
    4. Equus Dancer4/1

• 3rd Nov CARLISLE 13:20 NOVICES' CHASE 2m 4f 0y - Each Way
    1. Im To Blame17/2

• 3rd Nov CARLISLE 13:55 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 1f 33y - Each Way
    9. Frightened Rabbit15/4

• 3rd Nov CARLISLE 15:05 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 4f 8y - Each Way
    2. Aye Right9/4
Just waiting for the 15:05 to come in now :p

One ride for Sean again tomorrow, on Lightly Sqeeze in the 2.25. The betting in this race seem a bit dodgy to me, Iconic Hero opened as big as 14/1, which was too big, and is now around 4/1. Looking at the money on Betfair though, it isn't a gamble, just the price correcting itself and then the bookies getting scared and contracting the price more than they should. I'll be surprised if it doesn't start double that price tomorrow. It does have the effect of making Lightly Squeeze a bit bigger than I would expect him to be, I was thinking 5/2 would be the right price before the race was priced up, so 4/1 seems very big to me.

I've had a win on Sean's and I also think Go Steady and Mack The Man have good place chances so, depending on the prices tomorrow, will most likely have some FC's and Tricasts with them

Good luck to anyone having a bet tomorrow :)

3.95 (3/1 pretty much) at BF at the moment, backed little bit as once saw some tip before start :) Iconic hero non runner which probably made little effect for Lightly Sqeeze price then as well

ffs I'm going to have a 20p rule 4 assuming it was 7/2 when took out. I never usually put bets on the night before, but the current 5/2 is about what I expected the price to be. Still slightly better with the R4 though, I put £40 on, should be £168 with the R4, would be £140 at current price.

Such a price changes are nice if can predict them to be way too high, first back and after drop lay at BF gives you free bet for winner with difference as well.

Couple of intersting gambles going on today

Blametheshady 5.45 Dundalk, 25/1 into as low as 3/1
Tangled 4.35 Newcastle 7/1 into 7/2
Tactical Manoeuvre 3.40 Fontwell 11/4 into around 11/8. This is probably the most interesting due to the sustained money on Betfair.

Might do a small patent on them, there are other movers but they are the three that look like real gambles rather than betfair bots controlling prices.

Such a price changes are nice if can predict them to be way too high, first back and after drop lay at BF gives you free bet for winner with difference as well.

Yeah, I used to do them all the time :) but I've got the premium charge on Betfair now so it's not worth it unless theres a big move and the market liquidity is there, which, since the premium charge was introduced, it usually isn't except at the big meetings like Cheltenham :(

I've always wanted to try this type of gambling but still not ready.

In horseracing you probably need quite good insight what majority don't have to predict big price changes and also liquidity is making it bit challenging to find races where's enough money to get out from your trade etc.. In horseracing (not following that very much so somebody can correct me, making more trading in ingame football) prices very often don't change that much but just quite short time from start, sure there are some great findings who are over priced and end up to be favorites but picking them is not at least for me very easy task :)

Quite many also trading horses just in their warm up behavioral by trying to predict who's taking early lead and then close trade once that happen and bank winnings but way too hectic for me to read these signs and make good predicts to make decent money.

Got my money back on the day with Blametheshady winning at 7/1 and had the forecast in the 2.25 which just about covered the bets on the race.
Sorry to anyone who backed Seans on the strength of my post :(

Mack The Man landed nice profit :)

edit: Backed first Seans horse, then layed it with higher price to make scratch (even) and around 20€ difference backe MAck The Man so great race for me, long time since i last watched race cards or races (almost 3 weeks i guess.....)

Sean has 3 rides at Wincanton today, and I know the one he is there for is Just A Sting in the 3.35. He always seems to run a good race after a break, and I prefer to back Sean's rides when they are staying distances, as he seems to ride much better over the longer trips. It's also the RacingPost's nap today there. The two main dangers to me are The Young Master and Soupy Soups, so will probably do a small rfc and tricast on them all. A P Heskin on Soupy Soups in the last 14 days has had 17 rides, and has finished in the first 3 12 times.

Sean's other 2 rides this afternoon have both had money for them overnight and this morning, particularly Outofthisworld, in the 1.50, from about 16/1 down to 9's and Betfair volume backing it up that its actual money rather than price corrections.

Elsewhere, ones I like and will be perming somehow, probably make an EW lucky 15, are

12.20 Present Value 11/2
1.15 Native Robin 11/2
1.40 Bothar Dubh 11/2
1.55 Clan Legend 5/1

and a win treble on

12.45 Oscar Ceremony 13/8
12.55 Mossy Fen 6/4
3.15 Roskana 10/11

Good luck if you are having a bet today :)

First Race at Naas today is a good each way opportunity fav is 5/6 and as the ground is soft to heavy should be great opportunity for a large price winner.

A lot of the fields are 2 places today which is not my thing I like 8 runners or more for the each way angle so this is not my kind of race day.

First Race at Naas today is a good each way opportunity fav is 5/6 and as the ground is soft to heavy should be great opportunity for a large price winner.

A lot of the fields are 2 places today which is not my thing I like 8 runners or more for the each way angle so this is not my kind of race day.

Yes, I toyed with You Can Call Me Al in that race but the trainers recent form put me off :(

Bentham has ran unplaced everytime he has ran on ground softer than good, whereas usually wins on good. Thats the only reason I went off him, just don't think he will handle heavy ground.
When the ground was heavy, years ago I used to do the 2 outsiders as a 50p RFC, got quite a few good wins from that lol

I stuck my bets on early and forgot to check in here first to see what you had posted Col. These are my bets for the day.
I also don't like small fields when it comes to betting.

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

• 9th Nov AINTREE 14:05 HANDICAP CHASE 2m 3f 200y - Each Way
    5. Duke Street6/1

• 9th Nov KELSO 13:55 HANDICAP CHASE 2m 5f 133y - Each Way
    9. Pookie Pekan5/1

• 9th Nov WINCANTON 13:50 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 5f 82y - Each Way
    12. Deputys Oscar11/1

• 9th Nov WINCANTON 15:35 HANDICAP CHASE 3m 1f 30y - Each Way
    13. Soupy Soups12/1