Horse Racing & Tips Thread

I hadn't taken any notice until I went to look through today's sports. I was scratching my head thinking wtf. Two earlier and two later meetings and one in Ireland at the usual time.

Then the penny dropped:oops::cool:
Respect to the guy but it has been wall to wall coverage every single day. I've not even looked at the nags yet

Tomorrows racing looks far better than today's offerings for my ew betting.

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

6. Fiscal Rules
7/2
17th Apr CURRAGH 14:35 7F STAKES 7f - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 4 Places
1. Bowerman
10/1
17th Apr CURRAGH 15:10 1M 2F STAKES 1m 2f - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 3 Places
1. Dance Jupiter
6/1
17th Apr CURRAGH 16:15 1M HCAP 1m - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 5 Places
17. Keepthebestsideout
10/1
17th Apr CURRAGH 17:25 6F HCAP 6f - Each Way
Best odds

Last edited:
Tomorrow's racing looks decent, I won't get to see much of it, but these are my bets. EW Lucky 15 on

2.10N Ville De Grace 22/1 4 places
3.35A Chidswell 40/1 6 places
2.25A Miss Heritage 16/1
5.05N Good Birthday 9/1 5 places

Win yankee on the ones below

3.20N Danyah I am almost certain this will place at least, and think it will win, however it's a 18 runner flat race, so there can always be traffic problems, currently 9/2 think it is an EW bet to nothing though with 5/6 places at most bookies.
2.45N Alkumait 11/2
1.15A King D'argent 9/4
1.50A Five Star Getaway 4/1

Good luck all.

View attachment 153898

Not done much today. This ew lucky 31 is speculative at best.
The racing is all over the place with the early meetings and later starts so as not to clash with the funeral.
I'll probably do some kind of football bet too and I've backed Corey Conners each way in the golf so I'll watch some of that too.

Gl all having a go.
I'm guessing that you got your money back on your bet?

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

4. Five Star Getaway
4/1
18th Apr AYR 13:50 NOVICE'S HANDICAP CHASE 3m 0f 20y - Each Way
4. Calico
3/1
18th Apr AYR 14:25 HANDICAP 2m 0f 0y - Each Way
8. Soldier Of Love
7/1
18th Apr AYR 15:35 HANDICAP CHASE 3m 7f 176y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 6 Places
9. Frightened Rabbit
8/1
18th Apr AYR 16:45 AMATEURS'HANDICAP 2m 4f 100y - Each Way
Best odds

Been told by one of the trainers who had a couple of runners at Ayr yesterday, the going isn't what they say it is, it's more firm, good to firm in places. With that in mind, I've had another look at the Scottish National, discounting all who have only shown any worthwhile form on soft/heavy, which didn't leave many! Going to do reverse fc's and tc's on

Some Chaos
Coup De Pinceau
Soldier Of Love
Chidswell

Ya 2 winners and a place meant more or less break even.

I've done another lucky 31 today as I won't see much racing.
Screenshot_20210418-112600_Chrome.jpg

Statement is a filly I followed last season and she won her maiden here after being 2nd twice. Her debut run was impressive though a little green. I haven't heard any word from anyone about her but if she progressed at all this winter then I think 28/1 is just too big.

Soldier of love in the SN needs the ground dry as possible I feel but I feel the horse has 4m in him on decent ground to be a good place chance at least.

Gl all having a bet.

Ya 2 winners and a place meant more or less break even.

I've done another lucky 31 today as I won't see much racing.
View attachment 153948

Statement is a filly I followed last season and she won her maiden here after being 2nd twice. Her debut run was impressive though a little green. I haven't heard any word from anyone about her but if she progressed at all this winter then I think 28/1 is just too big.

Soldier of love in the SN needs the ground dry as possible I feel but I feel the horse has 4m in him on decent ground to be a good place chance at least.

Gl all having a bet.
Backed statement also, 5 places with Skybet.
I remembered that you’d posted last year about it, ran an absolute cracker on its second race but was just a touch green if I remember.

Been told by one of the trainers who had a couple of runners at Ayr yesterday, the going isn't what they say it is, it's more firm, good to firm in places. With that in mind, I've had another look at the Scottish National, discounting all who have only shown any worthwhile form on soft/heavy, which didn't leave many! Going to do reverse fc's and tc's on

Some Chaos
Coup De Pinceau
Soldier Of Love
Chidswell
Well that didn't work out well haha. At least my main one (Chidswell) got 6th

2.50E Good Birthday Put this up on Sunday, but it was pulled out to run here instead. There wasn't any money for it Sunday, but today has been backed in from 10's to 7/2 so think they are expecting to win this. Not a massive amount on Betfair, but more than any other runner.

7.20W Arafi 4/1. Margub is the favourite, but not sure why, and certainly wouldn't be taking half the price to what Arafi is. Arafi has won over C&D, jockey and trainer in decent form, whereas Margubs pair get beaten on short priced favourites more than they win. Think the danger is Gobi Sunset.

Going to do a double on them. Good luck today

I've just taken a small tickle on these two for this evening

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way
W
3. Inventor
10/1
20th Apr TIPPERARY 17:40 5F HCAP 5f - Each Way
1. Primo Uomo
15/2
20th Apr TIPPERARY 18:10 5F HCAP 5f - Each Way
4. Kew Palace
5/1
20th Apr TIPPERARY 19:40 1M 1F HCAP 1m 1f - Each Way
5. Musalsal
3/1
20th Apr TIPPERARY 20:10 1M 1F HCAP 1m 1f - Each Way
Best odds

And

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way
P
6. Revolutionary Man
12/1
20th Apr SOUTHWELL 17:30 HANDICAP 1m 0f 13y - Each Way
4. Upside Down
7/2
20th Apr SOUTHWELL 18:00 HANDICAP 0m 4f 214y - Each Way
1. Dark Side Prince
7/5
20th Apr SOUTHWELL 19:30 HANDICAP 0m 4f 214y - Each Way
4. Fortultous
7/2
20th Apr SOUTHWELL 20:30 HANDICAP 1m 4f 14y - Each Way
Best odds

How did you get on last night Col?

Going to do a double on two of Peter Bowens today, 1.55P Landofsmiles ridden by James, and 3.00P Francky Du Berlais ridden by Sean, the latter being the one I'm strongest about. Wasn't expecting him to be 3/1, was expecting 6/4ish, so more than happy with that price.

Also think Sean has a good chance in the 4.10 on Golden Emblem, currently about 8/1.

2.40L Tinkers Hill Tommy should win this, only 15/8 though which is a bit shorter than I was hoping for.

Good luck today

Going to do a double on two of Peter Bowens today, 1.55P Landofsmiles ridden by James, and 3.00P Francky Du Berlais ridden by Sean, the latter being the one I'm strongest about. Wasn't expecting him to be 3/1, was expecting 6/4ish, so more than happy with that price.

Also think Sean has a good chance in the 4.10 on Golden Emblem, currently about 8/1.

2.40L Tinkers Hill Tommy should win this, only 15/8 though which is a bit shorter than I was hoping for.

Good luck today
I had to check my bet history because I couldn't remember! My bets did crap and I just about got half my wager back. For all of the racing today there was not much for me to get enthused about so I've just taken a few small bets just for to have an interest.
I can't see the Bowen's travelling up there just to buy a munchy box after the racing so they must think that the trip will be worth while and they are in form at the moment.
Good luck with that. This is my bet at Perth

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

5. On A Promise
15/2
21st Apr PERTH 13:55 NOVICE'S HANDICAP CHASE 2m 7f 180y - Each Way
7. Serious Ego
7/1
21st Apr PERTH 15:35 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 0f 47y - Each Way
4. Bellaney Gem
13/2
21st Apr PERTH 16:10 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 4f 35y - Each Way
1. Morozov Cocktail
11/4
21st Apr PERTH 16:40 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 7f 207y - Each Way
Best odds

I had to check my bet history because I couldn't remember! My bets did crap and I just about got half my wager back. For all of the racing today there was not much for me to get enthused about so I've just taken a few small bets just for to have an interest.
I can't see the Bowen's travelling up there just to buy a munchy box after the racing so they must think that the trip will be worth while and they are in form at the moment.
Good luck with that. This is my bet at Perth

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

5. On A Promise
15/2
21st Apr PERTH 13:55 NOVICE'S HANDICAP CHASE 2m 7f 180y - Each Way
7. Serious Ego
7/1
21st Apr PERTH 15:35 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 0f 47y - Each Way
4. Bellaney Gem
13/2
21st Apr PERTH 16:10 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 4f 35y - Each Way
1. Morozov Cocktail
11/4
21st Apr PERTH 16:40 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 7f 207y - Each Way
Best odds
I think they are there for Francky Du Berlais, and Sean does ok there, be surprised if both don't at least place.
Good luck today :)

Just going to mention Blue Cup from yesterday for the next time he runs and hopefully I remember. Not saying anything dodgy went on ;), but was 7/2 favourite early, drifted to 13/2, and I don't think Ryan Moore could have got him into more trouble in running if he tried. Racing Post comments are:

Slowly into stride, took keen hold, in rear, headway from 3f out, not clear run repeatedly from over 2f out, switched right over 1f out, switched left inside final furlong, short of room and eased final 110yds, eyecatcher (jockey said gelding was denied a clear run on several occasions) (op 9/2 tchd 4/1)

Defo one to look at closely next time it runs.

Just logged on for one horse.

I backed Fubar win only at 3.15 at Ludlow.

The fav Winged Isle is up 6lb for last time and very very vulnerable imo.
Only 6 runners and Fubar was second last time he ran off this mark and a little unlucky. So small punt at 7/1 for me.

Also to mention most of you are aware of my love for the filly Statement at this stage:rolleyes:
Backed into 18/1 Sunday when just touched off. I have been told she definately goes to the 1,000 Guineas and is also entered in the oaks.
I rarely bet ante post as it generally is so unprofitable but I could not resist having a lil fiver each way single at 66/1 for the 1,000 guineas.

Statement is still 16/1 for the guineas if anybody does like ante post punts you will do worse bets. Here's why.
Alcohol Free won the race sunday by a short head/nose. Statement was staying on nicely never closer than at the line. Tha was over 7f so the the mile will suit
Here is what the RP said about the fav
"Edged left soon after start, took keen hold, in touch with leaders on outer, pushed along and headway from under 3f out, close up but hung left from over 2f out, led over 1f out, ridden final furlong, just held on"
And Statement "In touch with leaders, tracked leaders over 3f out, pushed along 2f out, close up when ridden over 1f out, kept on,just failed "

Yet the Balding horse is a general 7/1 shot and Statement is 16/1. There can be excuses made for all the runners as regards fitness so I don't but that.Statement has also run on debut at the track and it seemed to suit as she pulled a mile clear with the winner. It is worth noting also 6/4 fav Santa Barbara has only one run albeit very impressive, progresson is obv not a sure thing.

I've rambled on enough.

Gl with your bets people!

Also delighted to see 8 teams of the 12 now confirmed out of the Super League, the greedy owners getting greedier has been stopped for now.

Just logged on for one horse.

I backed Fubar win only at 3.15 at Ludlow.

The fav Winged Isle is up 6lb for last time and very very vulnerable imo.
Only 6 runners and Fubar was second last time he ran off this mark and a little unlucky. So small punt at 7/1 for me.

Also to mention most of you are aware of my love for the filly Statement at this stage:rolleyes:
Backed into 18/1 Sunday when just touched off. I have been told she definately goes to the 1,000 Guineas and is also entered in the oaks.
I rarely bet ante post as it generally is so unprofitable but I could not resist having a lil fiver each way single at 66/1 for the 1,000 guineas.

Statement is still 16/1 for the guineas if anybody does like ante post punts you will do worse bets. Here's why.
Alcohol Free won the race sunday by a short head/nose. Statement was staying on nicely never closer than at the line. Tha was over 7f so the the mile will suit
Here is what the RP said about the fav
"Edged left soon after start, took keen hold, in touch with leaders on outer, pushed along and headway from under 3f out, close up but hung left from over 2f out, led over 1f out, ridden final furlong, just held on"
And Statement "In touch with leaders, tracked leaders over 3f out, pushed along 2f out, close up when ridden over 1f out, kept on,just failed "

Yet the Balding horse is a general 7/1 shot and Statement is 16/1. There can be excuses made for all the runners as regards fitness so I don't but that.Statement has also run on debut at the track and it seemed to suit as she pulled a mile clear with the winner. It is worth noting also 6/4 fav Santa Barbara has only one run albeit very impressive, progresson is obv not a sure thing.

I've rambled on enough.

Gl with your bets people!

Also delighted to see 8 teams of the 12 now confirmed out of the Super League, the greedy owners getting greedier has been stopped for now.
I usually try to avoid horses that pulled up last time out,especially if the going and distance was not the issue. But much smarter punters than me can weigh up all of the many factors involved with a horses chances. Good luck with Furbar today :thumbsup:

Good luck today
Unlucky with your double Col. Did you have Golden Emblem EW?
This afternoons bet bombed but I have got off to a flier with this evenings bet at Dundalk. I bet nothing else will come in now :p

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way
W
3. Approach The City
13/2 12/1
21st Apr DUNDALK 17:20 1M STAKES 1m - Each Way
17:20 21 April 2021
Best odds

1. Lust For Life
10/3
21st Apr DUNDALK 18:20 1M HCAP 1m - Each Way
18:20 Today
Best odds

10. Tipperary Moon
4/1
21st Apr DUNDALK 18:50 7F HCAP 7f - Each Way
18:50 Today
Best odds

11. Alohamora
7/1
21st Apr DUNDALK 19:50 2M HCAP 2m - Each Way

Not the best racing today and struggled to find anything I'm semi confident about winning, or anything big enough prices for EW really, so doing the following EW Lucky 15 in the hope a couple win and a couple place :)

1.50P Wake The Giant 9/2
3.30P Iwilldoit 13/2
4.05P Thomas Todd 4/1
3.40W Black Anthem 7/1

Good luck today

Not the best racing today and struggled to find anything I'm semi confident about winning, or anything big enough prices for EW really, so doing the following EW Lucky 15 in the hope a couple win and a couple place :)

1.50P Wake The Giant 9/2
3.30P Iwilldoit 13/2
4.05P Thomas Todd 4/1
3.40W Black Anthem 7/1

Good luck today
I've struggled also to find a few bets today. This is mine at Perth. Good luck with yours

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

12. Donladd
7/1
22nd Apr PERTH 13:50 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 4f 35y - Each Way
4. Big Penny
12/1
22nd Apr PERTH 15:30 HANDICAP HURDLE 3m 2f 127y - Each Way
2. Thomas Todd
4/1
22nd Apr PERTH 16:05 HANDICAP CHASE 2m 7f 180y - Each Way
6. Cancan
11/2
22nd Apr PERTH 16:40 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 0f 47y - Each Way
Best odds

2.15D Tinochio (10/1) bit of a wild shot this, but has been running in much better races than this, this is a massive downgrade in quality, and might show enough to get a place at least. Had an issue leaving the stalls last year and went into the tracker after a good run in the Super Sprint at Newbury. 6f/decent ground and gelded over the winter. Also like Victory Heights (best price 10/1, 17/2 elsewhere) and may do a small reverse exacta.

4.30D Lucky Louie. Was 14/1 in places last night, now down to 6's most places (4 places). As the price has collapsed feeling less confident that I will back this, but as I picked it probably will, as if it wins, I'll be kicking myself lol. Not the best draw, but likes the track where he has loads of decent form, and likes the ground. Track form is 3/2/5/2/2 then 6/16 in a class 3 sprint beaten just over a length and its only poor run here was on heavy ground last season. Jack Mitchell rides, won twice on it, placed numerous times and the horse has placed everytime on turf seasonal debut.

3.50P Momella, don't see any reason why this can't get in the first 2 here. 7/1

Tomorrow in the Whitbread (3.40S) Bob Mahler. Makes the odd mistake but I cant see why plan of attack is 4/1 and Bob is 33/1.2yrs ago they ran close to each other in the kim Muir and this year plan of attack fell and bought down Bob. Obviously a simplistic view of the race, and not saying it will win, but certainly seems massively overpriced to me.

2.15D Tinochio (10/1) bit of a wild shot this, but has been running in much better races than this, this is a massive downgrade in quality, and might show enough to get a place at least. Had an issue leaving the stalls last year and went into the tracker after a good run in the Super Sprint at Newbury. 6f/decent ground and gelded over the winter. Also like Victory Heights (best price 10/1, 17/2 elsewhere) and may do a small reverse exacta.

4.30D Lucky Louie. Was 14/1 in places last night, now down to 6's most places (4 places). As the price has collapsed feeling less confident that I will back this, but as I picked it probably will, as if it wins, I'll be kicking myself lol. Not the best draw, but likes the track where he has loads of decent form, and likes the ground. Track form is 3/2/5/2/2 then 6/16 in a class 3 sprint beaten just over a length and its only poor run here was on heavy ground last season. Jack Mitchell rides, won twice on it, placed numerous times and the horse has placed everytime on turf seasonal debut.

3.50P Momella, don't see any reason why this can't get in the first 2 here. 7/1

Tomorrow in the Whitbread (3.40S) Bob Mahler. Makes the odd mistake but I cant see why plan of attack is 4/1 and Bob is 33/1.2yrs ago they ran close to each other in the kim Muir and this year plan of attack fell and bought down Bob. Obviously a simplistic view of the race, and not saying it will win, but certainly seems massively overpriced to me.
There is quite a bit of decent races today. Loving the weather :p Good luck with your bets

Lucky 31 (x62) Each Way

1. Naamoos
13/2
23rd Apr SANDOWN 13:50 HANDICAP 1m 0f 0y - Each Way
2. Victory Heights
13/2
23rd Apr DONCASTER 14:15 HANDICAP 0m 6f 2y - Each Way
9. Trawlerman
11/2
23rd Apr SANDOWN 15:35 EVENT 1m 1f 209y - Each Way
5. Come On Girl
17/2
23rd Apr DONCASTER 16:00 HANDICAP 0m 6f 2y - Each Way
3. Motarajel
5/1
23rd Apr DONCASTER 16:30 HANDICAP 0m 7f 6y - Each Way

Best odds

Didn't do much midweek and with so many small fields I'll probably be doing more laying than backing today. I did pick one lucky 31 though.

Screenshot_20210424-092755_Chrome.jpg

Just fancy them all to be very strong chances for the win and likely to place.

As for Put the Kettle On. I cannot ignore the Cheltenham form. I think 5/2 is huge. Altior is under priced simply on reputation. he may still come out and win but that is super difficult given the age/fitness problems.

Gl all having a punt.

Good luck Ken (and everyone)

couple for today

7.30D Red Poppy. Would have likely won last time if hadn't hit trouble a few times, and was eased down at the end, still was only beaten 3.5l in an 18 runner handicap. Currently around 5/2.

3.40S Still like Bob Mahler, been backed in from 33/1 yesterday to 20/1 now. Also like Crosspark to get placed, around 16's.

1.55S Celestial Force 15/2 EW

How poor is the card at Ripon, 7 races, 35 runners, 2 races with 3 runners & not one with more than 7 ffs.

Yes I am not impressed with the size of the fields again today. My main bet is at Limerick and the rest of my bets are mostly at big prices. Good luck all today

Lucky 31 (x62) Each Way

8. Dedillon
7/1
24th Apr LIMERICK 14:20 1M HCAP 1m - Each Way
7. Mudawy
4/1
24th Apr LIMERICK 14:55 1M STAKES 1m - Each Way
8. Sassified
10/3
24th Apr LIMERICK 16:05 1M 3 1/2F HCAP 1m 3f 70yds - Each Way