Glad I am not young...

Yeah, this subject comes up every bastard Christmas. I made a thread about this a few years ago. BBC rewriting history again, in case the listeners accidentally empty their bladders, have seizures or need to call a helpline after listening.

Seems that it’s only older stuff that offends them, they can listen to rap songs about raping and killing , but their poor we ears can’t take the vile lyrics of the Pogues...

Indeed. We can have Tim Westwood playing hip hop tracks containing lyrics akin to n*ggers (sorry I meant n*ggas) smacking their b*tches around like a fucking badass boss pimp dogg (whatever that is), popping a cap or ten in someone's fat (or is it phat?) black ass to settle a turf war with some b*tch n*gga in order to impress his homies/crew/mandem/whatever/innit? all fucking night long, without a complaint in sight.

But any reference to a meatball dish that is popular in the West Midlands and parts of Wales?

Nope, we can't be hearing that sort of thing. :rolleyes:

And all of this is decided for us by the BLMBC, the broadcaster that all too happily turned a blind eye to Jimmy Saville's activities.

Where do I start ranting? Or should I just be quiet to protect my CM membership?

Yeah......I'll just be quiet. Ban hammers hurt more when you aren't wearing a crash helmet.

Indeed. We can have Tim Westwood playing hip hop tracks containing lyrics akin to n*ggers (sorry I meant n*ggas) smacking their b*tches around like a fucking badass boss pimp dogg (whatever that is), popping a cap or ten in someone's fat (or is it phat?) black ass to settle a turf war with some b*tch n*gga in order to impress his homies/crew/mandem/whatever/innit? all fucking night long, without a complaint in sight.

But any reference to a meatball dish that is popular in the West Midlands and parts of Wales?

Nope, we can't be hearing that sort of thing. :rolleyes:

And all of this is decided for us by the BLMBC, the broadcaster that all too happily turned a blind eye to Jimmy Saville's activities.

Where do I start ranting? Or should I just be quiet to protect my CM membership?

Yeah......I'll just be quiet. Ban hammers hurt more when you aren't wearing a crash helmet.
And this is the really strange thing, Political Correctness doesnt seem to matter for the above, but it matters for songs from the 80's and before - I think it was last year it was a song from the 50's that was banned, it was called Its Cold Outside or something like that, because in the eyes of the PC crowd it encouraged rape????? I suppose if you want to find offence, you will find it everywhere you look if you try your hardest...

And this is the really strange thing, Political Correctness doesnt seem to matter for the above, but it matters for songs from the 80's and before - I think it was last year it was a song from the 50's that was banned, it was called Its Cold Outside or something like that, because in the eyes of the PC crowd it encouraged rape????? I suppose if you want to find offence, you will find it everywhere you look if you try your hardest...

Yes I read about that and I thought the world had gone mad then. A complete over-reaction to the fact that South Park (which has never been a stranger to controversy) and Saturday Night Live depicted the song being sung by Bill Cosby.

Did the offended parties actually stop for a second to engage their brains to consider.....

who wrote the song and who he performed the song with?
the time/era the song was written? And the behavioural expectations of the time? ie it was deemed "inappropriate" for a woman to stay the night with a man, even if that man is her boyfriend or fiance?
the fact that it was used in a film where the roles were reversed ie it is the woman who is trying to persaude the man to stay?

Yep. It just HAS to be a song about date rape and sexual harassment/coercion, doesn't it? Good bloody grief :rolleyes:

What's next? The Chinese community being offended by the song "Vindaloo" by Fat Les on the grounds that it glorifies INDIAN curries? :rolleyes:

For someone who heard no end of Paddy Englishman, Paddy Scotsman and Paddy Irishman jokes in his childhood and got a laugh out of them,
I really do wonder what actually goes on inside some people's heads at times.

For someone who heard no end of Paddy Englishman, Paddy Scotsman and Paddy Irishman jokes in his childhood and got a laugh out of them,
I really do wonder what actually goes on inside some people's heads at times.
Yip, staple diet here as well, we have the ability to take the pissout of ourselves/each other without finding offence.

It's outrage for the sake of outrage, no more no less. It's something to latch onto to in order to portray moral and intellectual superiority over others. A form of moral snobbery, if you will.

Social media has caused a lot of it. A platform to play up to this moral snobbery and receive 100 'likes' within 2 minutes.

Should have been gone when the Jimmy Saville thing broke, place was and probably still is full of pedos and those covering up for them.
Once applied to be an engineer there during the time when it was at its worst,fortunatly turned, down , maybe i was wasnt pretty enough.
Really dont know how they can have the gall to deciede what is going to offend us when they churned the stuff out for years,even at a tender
age I always thought there was something wrong about 2 little boys

it must be tough being a youngster today, having my sensitivities bombarded with all the awful things that go on, especially when lyrics offend me after 36 years...

Seriously, is that what we have created in our world?

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

I hope I dont sound patronising, and I dont want to offend anyone, but maybe @ESCJAMIE could give his thoughts as he is the resident Raging Homosexual Queen?

I LOVE this song and have no issue with the lyrics,

It fucks me off so much how PC the world is today, Some of my favorite tv shows from the pass such as Love thy neighbour and on the buses all use non PC words from rasict and sexuauilty. But its classic comedy which I can watch over and over again, Love thy neighbour for example the white guy always use racial slurs but at the same time he's friends with him more so later on in the seasons the black guy use racial slurs back at him for being white, They both just look dumb and uneducated but the writing and the comedy IMO is fantastic I had a discussion with a BAME older guy who came to do my sky wifi about this show and he said Its one of hes favorites and he takes no offensive to it at all, It was different back them it was acceptable all most to use them words it was just the time they lived it, Some of the best comedies all have NON PC parts in it. , Another shows like Little Britain which I love as its good funny comedy IMO.

Alot of the time people who complain about songs or tv shows about not being PC or not even In that community them selfs.

You scumbag, you maggot
You cheap lousy faggot
Happy Christmas your arse
I pray God it's our last

Just before I’m lambasted, this is to show we all agree PC nonsense has gone too far and no way race or hate related.
I agree with what your saying "PC nonsense has gone too far" But sharing this meme is abit :eek2::eek2:

Even thou I see the point your trying to make

Old Attachment (Invalid)

I agree with what your saying "PC nonsense has gone too far" But sharing this meme is abit :eek2::eek2:

Even thou I see the point your trying to make

Old Attachment (Invalid)
Yeah point taken mate, but is that brit when she was fit before she went bonkers or after?

Yeah point taken mate, but is that brit when she was fit before she went bonkers or after?

Britney has always been a "free spirit" lets just say that :laugh:

See that’s just cruel,

as a single man and have been since about feb, looking at such a example of female perfection does have me itching....

tempted to use these silly dating sites tbh, I’m getting that desperate ha!.
I can put a wig on and some stocking and you can close your eyes if you want ;)

See that’s just cruel,

as a single man and have been since about feb, looking at such a example of female perfection does have me itching....

tempted to use these silly dating sites tbh, I’m getting that desperate ha!.
Just get Tinder.
Woo them with some corona cooking and its a done deal.
;)

Just get Tinder.
Woo them with some corona cooking and its a done deal.
;)
See I’d love all that if i didn’t have a daughter.

no way am I introducing other women into Isabelle’s life if it’s not going anywhere or just a one night stand.

my last gf we only lasted 6 months as I put Isabelle first, I couldn’t commit to what she wanted as it would affect belle, she didn’t even meet her as would not have another women around my child unless I knew it was stable and long term.

my dad left me at 11 and put his new women first, I always promised myself I’d never do that if I ever had a child as knew how much it hurt me growing up.

So this is why I make my daughter my world, everything else comes a very easy second.

The problem is with the whites telling anybody ethnic or different that they should be offended, in my experience most
of them couldnt care a toss and can laugh along as much as anyone else,In love thy neighbour it was always the white
man who was the fall guy, the black guy normally came out on top, if the pc brigade bothered to use their brains they
might have noticed that.Saw something on youtube about Benny Hill, he was a broken man when ITV dropped him and
died at a relativily early age, not understanding what he had done to deserve it, What on earth was wrong with showing a few
scantily girls and a bit of innuendo,Never in any of his shows was a single swear word ever said.Sad world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back