CM Announcement Forum Maintenance Tuesday 20th April

maxd

Head of Complaints (PABs), Senior Forum Moderator
Staff member
Dear forum members and visitors, during a routine maintenance tomorrow, Tuesday 20th April, we will be limiting the option to create new threads, post replies and react on existing threads for about 2 hours starting at:
03:00 Central Standard Time (GMT-6)
09:00 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
10:00 Central European Time (GMT+1)

In techno speak: we are aligning our widgets and tuning our whatchamacallits for maximized efficiency. :D

Is that the updates finished then.

Do not know if it was intentional but if you hover over a members name and click on messages it no longer shows the last posts they made. Figured that one out as hovered over my name as usual to find a post and unavailable so tried it with other members names.

Actually on checking again it shows any messages member made since update none from before using the simple way. Not important just thought i would mention.

Last edited:
Is that the updates finished then.

Do not know if it was intentional but if you hover over a members name and click on messages it no longer shows the last posts they made. Figured that one out as hovered over my name as usual to find a post and unavailable so tried it with other members names.

Actually on checking again it shows any messages member made since update none from before using the simple way. Not important just thought i would mention.
Gmorning @paul7388 , this issue should be fixed, please confirm you could click and get messages.

The forum needed reindexing with its database. So yeah - it should be working now. There are perhaps a few other things that aren't discovered yet, so we are still checking things out at the moment. :D

Still working on the mail server. Some of us are not getting email notifications. This should be ironed out shortly :D

Mail server is running properly now. Microsoft is still blocking our IP since we just moved servers (outlook, hotmail, live, etc.), but not to worry - this block should be lifted shortly hopefully.

I dont like the new 'like' notification.
Dont get me wrong, i dont dislike the like itself, what i dislike about the like is you know like how the like is presented and stuff.
I much preferred when the 'like' was thumb-like, the new like looks nothing like the way i like it.
Not much to like about the new like.

I speak for everyone when i say we want the thumb back, because that is what we like.

Skärmbild (812).png

I dont like the new 'like' notification.
Dont get me wrong, i dont dislike the like itself, what i dislike about the like is you know like how the like is presented and stuff.
I much preferred when the 'like' was thumb-like, the new like looks nothing like the way i like it.
Not much to like about the new like.

I speak for everyone when i say we want the thumb back, because that is what we like.

View attachment 154082
It seems that the "Shield" notification has also lost its accompanying shield.

So, depending on what reaction is being used, you will either get....

"(name of user) reacted to your post in (name of thread) with "Haha" or "WTG" (with the "crying with laughter" or "clapping hands" emoji visible)

OR

"(name of user) Liked or Shielded your post in (name of thread)" (without the "thumbs up" and "shield" emojis visible).

Not sure what the situation is with the other reactions (Thanks, Angry, Piecake, Sad, Wow).

Perhaps it is just some temporary "widget issue"?

Attachments

• reactions on CM.jpg
    reactions on CM.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 7
It seems that the "Shield" notification has also lost its accompanying shield.

So, depending on what reaction is being used, you will either get....

"(name of user) reacted to your post in (name of thread) with "Haha" or "WTG" (with the "crying with laughter" or "clapping hands" emoji visible)

OR

"(name of user) Liked or Shielded your post in (name of thread)" (without the "thumbs up" and "shield" emojis visible).

Not sure what the situation is with the other reactions (Thanks, Angry, Piecake, Sad, Wow).

Perhaps it is just some temporary "widget issue"?
Its not a big deal really, just noticed it had changed.
But i think i prefer it the way it was, probably mostly because ive gotten used to it being that way.

This was taken using the Opera browser ( No cache history ) and also whilst not logged in. Strange, will report to the dev team.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-21 at 21.26.30.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-21 at 21.26.30.png
    51 KB · Views: 10
I think Kroffe was referring to how things are displayed on the user's own Alerts page.

I too can see the Shields, Wows, Likes under each post within a thread.

Attachments

• reactions on CM2.jpg
    reactions on CM2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 4
  • reactions on CM3.jpg
    reactions on CM3.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 4
I think Kroffe was referring to how things are displayed on the user's own Alerts page.

I too can see the Shields, Wows, Likes under each post within a thread.
Correct.
I need to get better at explaining things.

But in my defense, i said it was the "like notification" i did not like.
So instead of me getting better at explaning things, perhaps people just need to get better at understanding me.
Would save me alot of work.

Correct.
I need to get better at explaining things.

But in my defense, i said it was the "like notification" i did not like.
So instead of me getting better at explaning things, perhaps people just need to get better at understanding me.
Would save me alot of work.
Hard to understand a toddler. :p

So are we good with the reactions? I did make some slight changes with them yesterday. So maybe that was it?

So are we good with the reactions? I did make some slight changes with them yesterday. So maybe that was it?
I dont know, please like this post and ill get back to you. ;)
I need to see the thumb before i am ready to call this matter settled.

But we all know this was just the start.
The real issue is of course the new size limits on pictures & moving pictures (i think they are called gifs or something)
I see that so far people have managed to quell their rage about it, but i figured i would mention it, even tho i dont really use the function all that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back