films that make you cry

sattty

Experienced Member
i watched the green mile this afternoon for the umteenth time

no matter how hard i try this film always brings a tear to my eye...its one of the very few films that you can truely say is a match for the book

most films are such poor versions of outstandong books..but this is such a beautifully made film in every aspect

i watched the green mile this afternoon for the umteenth time

no matter how hard i try this film always brings a tear to my eye...its one of the very few films that you can truely say is a match for the book

most films are such poor versions of outstandong books..but this is such a beautifully made film in every aspect

I love that show, Jerry Maguire always gets me too.

Despite being a 'girl' I hate the usual tear jerkers and chick flicks and movies that attempt to manipulate the viewer (like the old Love Story -yech!- and Titanic)... but let me think... movies that make me cry...

Green Mile came close (excellent movie BTW ... as is Shawshank, and The Body... all SKing material) but didn't quite get me teary-eyed

Babe (ok... so I'm a sap for talking pig movies LOL)

The King and I (had a crush on Yul Brenner all my life because of that old movie)

what else? hmmmm... having trouble remembering any more.... oh!

E.T. (guess I'm a sap for talking ugly aliens, too)

I sure there are probably a couple more but can't think of them right now.

How I wish I was like you Mousey!
I cry looking at every sad movie. It doesn't matter if it's a good one or a bad. I scream when it's horror, standing in the doorway afraid to look, and laughing like a hyena when it's funny.:oops:
I don't know if you can call me too emphatic, that's probably it.
I'm not only seing the movies. I live them, experiencing every second of it.:eek2:

I have learned to never see a sad movie among other people, and I avoid thrillers and horrorstories.
I'm probably a real girl when it get's to movies, but I love them as a way of escaping the world.;)

It's not that bad in real life though :D

Oh, I cry at everything. I'm tearing up just trying to come up with my list.

Black Beauty still gets me after all these years.

I used to cry at those old Reach out and Touch Someone commercials.

I get tears of happiness watching movies that champion the strength of the human spirit. Blind Side is a recent film left me crying.

I don't get through an issue of Reader's Digest without a tear. I've had nurses ask me if I'm in a lot of pain when they've called me from the waiting room:lolup:

I cried when I read 32Red gave satty a new TV. Not even CM is a safe from me.

Homeward Bound, always get teary eyed at the end even though I KNOW it's going to be a happy ending.

City of Angels always cry through this movie

Pollyanna, what can I say, this is one of my all time childhood favorites

Savannah Smiles -it's about a little girl who runs away from home and hides in a car belonging to two bungling thieves. It's a heartjerker from start to finish.

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the Gene Wilder version) - especially the part when Charlie gives back his Everlasting Gobstopper

The Fox and the Hound, when Todd tells Copper they can't be friends any longer

Flight of the Navigator

Andre

(Can you tell I've been watching movies with my grandsons??? LOL)

E.T.

Danielle Steeles' Fine Things

A Little Princess (A Hallmark Movie)

Stepmom

For The Boys

LMAO aren't you sorry you asked now??? There's a lot more I could add to the list...:D

lol the end of the film Dot and the Kangaroo and The Help.

In the Name of the Father (starring Daniel Day Lewis) a true story about The Guilford 4 who were imprisoned by the British police falsely for bombing Guilford, really really heart touching film.

Hurricane Carter, tears rolled down my cheeks watching this film.

Can't remember any more

Oh, I cry at everything. I'm tearing up just trying to come up with my list.
Though I'm a "big grown up man" I have to admit quite a lot of films have brought tears to my eyes - not outright sobbing, but maybe a single tear or two.
Ones which I can remember right now:
Superman (When his adopted father died)
Ghost (ALWAYS gets me at the end!)
The Green Mile
Twins
Titanic
Austin Powers in Goldmember (Cried AND wet myself... laughing!) :p

KK

As another 'big grown up man' I'll still admit to getting a lump in my throat at the end of dead poets society... ''Oh captain my captain'' ... how am I the first one to mention this film? was it just me?

BTW @ Mousey... interesting fact for you....

The movie 'Babe' was shown all over the world... and everywhere it premiered bacon sales dropped for a while.... all except one country :)

Only in Ireland could we go see Babe.. then think: ''Great movie... anyone else got a hankering for a bacon sandwich?''. Makes me proud to be Irish :)

:eek2:

But I do love bacon... :oops: I just try not to associate it with Babe. LOL

("That'll do, Pig. That'll do...")

Born Free..

...I can NEVER stop crying over that and Bambi...(child-hood traumas, lol)

Shawshank?...yep,me too! Btw,,,very p** off that film did NOT win an Oscar. Not that it matters...but I wonder why????

I (finally) watched Titanic a few days ago and I have to admit I teared up a bit. One movie that I've seen 3 times and it makes me cry every time is Once were Warriors - a really great movie from NZ. Oh and Schindler's List. And I cry in parts of Lord of the Rings (when Sean Bean gets killed sob) and anything with animals. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I know there's quite a few, but off the top of my head.....Schindler's List, every time I've seen it. And Passion of the Christ had me almost sobbing uncontrollably the first time I saw it...propaganda or truth, and regardless of religious beliefs or non-beliefs, it was heartwrenching (as a human) to watch that.

I (finally) watched Titanic a few days ago and I have to admit I teared up a bit. One movie that I've seen 3 times and it makes me cry every time is Once were Warriors - a really great movie from NZ. Oh and Shindler's List. And I cry in parts of Lord of the Rings (when Sean Bean gets killed sob) and anything with animals. :rolleyes:

Schindler's List! It took me five veiwings to actually see this movie to the end.

I walked out the first time because it was too traumatic to watch, (at least I could just 'walk out').

I actually emailed The Guggenheim Museum a few years back (Looking back it was not the appropriate museum to ask but I had a very gracious reply back stating that, it would be a wonderful idea but no plans in it now) to actualy make a homage to Mr. Schindler, some how?

one flew over the cookoos nest is quite sad nurse ratchet is a rite bitch
never seen philadelphia but i imagine that is quite depressing
i remember mask with cher and her facialy deformed son being quite sad watching it as a kid
its kinda sad when jhon conner lowers arnie into the molton steel in terminator 2
lord of the flies when piggy gets it
what about poor maximus at the end of gladiator
oh and when the horse dies in never ending story

...I can NEVER stop crying over that and Bambi...(child-hood traumas, lol)

Shawshank?...yep,me too! Btw,,,very p** off that film did NOT win an Oscar. Not that it matters...but I wonder why????

do u mean shawshank redemption...a brilliant film...but oddly a box office flop...god knows why as it would appear on many peoples list of all time fav films

do u mean shawshank redemption...a brilliant film...but oddly a box office flop...god knows why as it would appear on many peoples list of all time fav films

Yes, Satty..Shawshank Redemption. :)

I am not sure but I think that maybe it had to do with Hollywood AND politics ( you know how they just LOVE to get involved)..this is why I questioned it, as maybe when it was released, there was either a political stance or blacklisted Hollywood stance.

Or maybe they were just blind! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back