World Cup 2022 FIFA 2022 World Cup (Qatar) - Who will be the Winner?

World Cup 2022

Who will be the FIFA 2022 World Cup Winner?

• Argentina

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • Australia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Belguium

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Brazil

Votes: 17 19.5%
  • Cameroon

• Canada

• Costa Rica

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Croatia

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Denmark

• Ecuador

• England

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • France

• Germany

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ghana

• Iran

• Japan

• Mexico

• Morocco

• Netherlands

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Poland

• Portugal

• Qatar

• Saudi Arabia

• Senegal

• Serbia

• South Korea

• Spain

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Switzerland

• Tunisia

• USA

• Uruguay

• Wales

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It was a great cup for sure, even in the eyes of someone who watches only Euro or world cups and hasn't got a clue what is going on out there in general. Bookies made a ton of income thanks to the top football countries, Germany, Spain, and Brazil, losing against relevantly weaker opponents. Even those who placed a bet for either Argentina or France to win - all lost! Because of the equal score within 90 minutes.

I said it from the start I actually said Argentina after they won the Copa. 🇦🇷 so glad I cashed the messi golden boot bet in… knew Mbappé would rain on it. All pre-tournament bets.

Attachments

• 496D4D0B-00A2-4D27-925D-A3EFFB2F9154.jpeg
    496D4D0B-00A2-4D27-925D-A3EFFB2F9154.jpeg
    48.9 KB · Views: 23
  • BE410843-26C4-4FA3-8FE0-F73BC953BDE3.jpeg
    BE410843-26C4-4FA3-8FE0-F73BC953BDE3.jpeg
    62.5 KB · Views: 24
Cannot look back on this one with rose tinted glasses. Empty seats (even in the final FFS!) no crowd trouble, no drink, no atmosphere at most games, actors sent to the stadia to 'support' teams, lots of shite games (yes, I recall the 'shocks' but you get them every WC) and the attendance stats at most games must've been compiled by the Volkswagen economy team.

We got a great final (from 80th. min onwards) but choosing to support either of those two nations for me was like choosing between a kick in the bollocks or a busted nose.

The whole thing was bent, Infantino's annoying boat at nearly every game too.

One to forget for me.

Really? It's about time we had CM strikes for anyone putting that fucking annoying, out-of-date, boring, doom-bringing, irritating, moronic simpleton-song on here. We really need a new artist to create another football song (that will too subsequently become testament to another historic heroic failure) for the charts.

It's not difficult as you only need 2 or 3 words in the lyrics and a catchy rhythm so the beer monsters and halfwits can remember it. Ideas on a postcard please...

Really? It's about time we had CM strikes for anyone putting that fucking annoying, out-of-date, boring, doom-bringing, irritating, moronic simpleton-song on here. We really need a new artist to create another football song (that will too subsequently become testament to another historic heroic failure) for the charts.

It's not difficult as you only need 2 or 3 words in the lyrics and a catchy rhythm so the beer monsters and halfwits can remember it. Ideas on a postcard please...
Yer's gumming womb!!! Yer's gumming womb!! Yer's gumming!! Furrhhhhballs gumming womb!!

Sorted. Hic!! :drink:🥴🥴🥴:cheers::lolup: INNNNN-GERRR-LIND!!!!

Or something similar to that. Possibly. Maybe.

Well actually, nothing like that at all...

Ffs... i like kebabs, but last time i had one at Leicester Square in London, costed about £15, and it looked like they gave me a row cabbage leafs with chopped chicken :eek2::laugh:
Yeah, i've had ones 'down sarf' and not impressed. One had no red onion in it, which immediately set alarm bells off. The cabbage needs to be crunchy, not leafy.

When i go to Turkey i live off them for a week.

Yeah, i've had ones 'down sarf' and not impressed. One had no red onion in it, which immediately set alarm bells off. The cabbage needs to be crunchy, not leafy.

When i go to Turkey i live off them for a week.
I think you'd relate to this old classic about going 'dahn sarf'...

(If you're a woketard the lyrics may have you snivelling down an 0800 'trauma line')

It's well-remembered as a footballing spectacle as it happened to conclude..... merely yesterday, so it's rather 'fresh' in the memory.

It was mired in controversy and bad vibes from the outset, given how people decided to be appalled at the country's human rights record, despite Qatar having been announced in 2010. And yet everyone opted to 'forget all that' once the tournament served up a couple of decent matches.....

Qatar '22 served up the same brand of football as every other WC, with shocks in the group stages, and a few in the knockout phase, probably more so than in previous tournaments. This is to be expected, as the game's global, with elite coaches and players plying their trade in European leagues etc.

Gone are the days of African defenders kicking the ball away before the ref's whistle, let's just say!

Couple that with an expanded pool of participating teams, and so you'll find the footballing monopoly somewhat ruffled.

Bar the Saudi Arabia result v Argentina, the 'shocks' started to diminish as the tournament progressed, and were almost to be expected. to the point it just wasn't shocking anymore.

But given the awkward host setting, when the football took over it was ultimately just another WC. I'd re-read parts of the WC '18 thread for example, and there was just as much fervour and 'excitement' in there, most of which I'd forgotten. Oh the ravages of age!.....or it was just kind of forgettable really

Qatar' 22 was overall ok in parts, though always under a cloud of 'Don't enjoy yourselves too much', and it showed. Stadiums were half- empty, and a noticeable lack of atmosphere throughout. The only thing resembling a raucous setting seemed to be Mexico v Argentina, and select Ghanaian fans stoking up some passion for their team.

There was also a lack of tension, as even penalty shoot-outs descended into one team running away with it early, as the lack of skilled spot-kicks was all too apparent. Japan's penalties were the worst I'd ever seen, and Brazil's weren't far behind! So not as exciting as one might hope for, if Japanese or Brazilian.

Throw in the terrible officiating throughout, mired somewhere in between on-the-spot decision-making and VAR hell, decisions were still bonkled, and the spectacle sullied. It was also a tournament which seemed to feature too many 'in-play' penalties, and I can't truly recall any standout goals in open play, bar Holland's dramatic last-minute equalizer...

So even if England had triumphed, hell even Iran, I'd not call this WC vintage. When the dust settles it'll be just another WC where England ballsed it up. But still, looking at that poll, it could always be worse. Spare a thought for those who voted for Belguium

- they don't even exist!

Maybe more an indictment on how average the last 5 or so have been that i've thought it's not been that bad - still think USA 94 was one of the best ones i remember watching. Also Japan in 2002 wasn't a bad shout

Germany 06 - all i can recall of that is English fans, wanting a shower so badly, they developed a fondness for water canons :laugh:

South Africa 2010 -one of the most forgettable ones around

It's well-remembered as a footballing spectacle as it happened to conclude..... merely yesterday, so it's rather 'fresh' in the memory.

It was mired in controversy and bad vibes from the outset, given how people decided to be appalled at the country's human rights record, despite Qatar having been announced in 2010. And yet everyone opted to 'forget all that' once the tournament served up a couple of decent matches.....

Qatar '22 served up the same brand of football as every other WC, with shocks in the group stages, and a few in the knockout phase, probably more so than in previous tournaments. This is to be expected, as the game's global, with elite coaches and players plying their trade in European leagues etc.

Gone are the days of African defenders kicking the ball away before the ref's whistle, let's just say!

Couple that with an expanded pool of participating teams, and so you'll find the footballing monopoly somewhat ruffled.

Bar the Saudi Arabia result v Argentina, the 'shocks' started to diminish as the tournament progressed, and were almost to be expected. to the point it just wasn't shocking anymore.

But given the awkward host setting, when the football took over it was ultimately just another WC. I'd re-read parts of the WC '18 thread for example, and there was just as much fervour and 'excitement' in there, most of which I'd forgotten. Oh the ravages of age!.....or it was just kind of forgettable really

Qatar' 22 was overall ok in parts, though always under a cloud of 'Don't enjoy yourselves too much', and it showed. Stadiums were half- empty, and a noticeable lack of atmosphere throughout. The only thing resembling a raucous setting seemed to be Mexico v Argentina, and select Ghanaian fans stoking up some passion for their team.

There was also a lack of tension, as even penalty shoot-outs descended into one team running away with it early, as the lack of skilled spot-kicks was all too apparent. Japan's penalties were the worst I'd ever seen, and Brazil's weren't far behind! So not as exciting as one might hope for, if Japanese or Brazilian.

Throw in the terrible officiating throughout, mired somewhere in between on-the-spot decision-making and VAR hell, decisions were still bonkled, and the spectacle sullied. It was also a tournament which seemed to feature too many 'in-play' penalties, and I can't truly recall any standout goals in open play, bar Holland's dramatic last-minute equalizer...

So even if England had triumphed, hell even Iran, I'd not call this WC vintage. When the dust settles it'll be just another WC where England ballsed it up. But still, looking at that poll, it could always be worse. Spare a thought for those who voted for Belguium

- they don't even exist!
It is possible I am looking through rose tinted glasses what with the World Cup finishing less that 24 hours ago, but all the games I watched I thoroughly enjoyed. Stand out teams for me were the likes of Japan and Morocco, plus Iran for beating Wales was a major plus as well :)

As for the final, yes looked like Argentina were going to walk it for the first 80 minutes and were noticeably weaker once Di Maria came off. But the final 40 mins was just different class. Much much much much better than the drab 1 - 0 finals we have been served over the years!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back