World Cup 2022 FIFA 2022 World Cup (Qatar) - Who will be the Winner?

World Cup 2022

Who will be the FIFA 2022 World Cup Winner?

• Argentina

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • Australia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Belguium

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Brazil

Votes: 17 19.5%
  • Cameroon

• Canada

• Costa Rica

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Croatia

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Denmark

• Ecuador

• England

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • France

• Germany

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ghana

• Iran

• Japan

• Mexico

• Morocco

• Netherlands

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Poland

• Portugal

• Qatar

• Saudi Arabia

• Senegal

• Serbia

• South Korea

• Spain

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Switzerland

• Tunisia

• USA

• Uruguay

• Wales

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
🎵

I get the same old dreams same time every night
Fall to the ground and I wake up
So I get out of bed, put on my shoes and in my head
Thoughts fly back to the World Cup
These four teams are closing in
Look at the group you put me in!
Since you been gone
Since you been gone
I'm out of my group, can't take it
Could I be wrong?
But since you been gone
You cast your spell, so break it
Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh
Since you been gone
🎵

german-fest.gif
Ah, the refreshing brash vocals of Graham Bonnet, those were the days, when 'Rainbow' meant something far more enjoyable than the fucking armband bollocks we endure now.

Spain don't need to score, now that Germany lead. But Germany needs Spain to score.

Spain equaliser sends Germany through on goals scored.

EDIT: Germany scored again. Now they would go through on goal difference.

Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 00.02.11.png

this is not fair... means this rule about 100% ball out of the line ... the foot is 100%out of the line so could be a way to avoid this situations..
It's very fair. In your scenario, for example a player would not be able to stand outside of the sideline and head a ball back into the pitch that was going out but was above the line when headed back in. The game would stop more and more than it does already.

Very fitting that the Germans came up with the word: "Schadenfreude" :D
The English equivalent word (we DO have one contrary to common belief) is 'epicaricacy'.................. :D

Say that after a few pints.

Justice for Frank Lampard in 2010!

View attachment 176585
View attachment 176586
I sort of get the glee in seeing ze Germans dumped kraut of the tournament, I really do, having watched 'quite a few' matches over the years......but I don't see why pundits are creaming themselves over this being revenge for 2010 etc

Given that it's not even Germany playing England or something! What's more bemusing is that despite every actual football fan hating it, and it being here to stay, and God knows how many angles, video rooms and 'VAR referees' are huddled in a room, they still gone and messed up the decision!

If it was cut and dry, then fair enough. But there'll come a point where another 'VAR decision' is bonkled, and I thought this was meant to be foolproof. The thing will never be fit for purpose as it still has human decisions based off it!

But as for the 2010 'revenge' mantra being espoused, that was so long ago, it just surprises me that any German fan would see that as comeuppance 🤷‍♂️:laugh:

I sort of get the glee in seeing ze Germans dumped kraut of the tournament, I really do, having watched 'quite a few' matches over the years......but I don't see why pundits are creaming themselves over this being revenge for 2010 etc

Given that it's not even Germany playing England or something! What's more bemusing is that despite every actual football fan hating it, and it being here to stay, and God knows how many angles, video rooms and 'VAR referees' are huddled in a room, they still gone and messed up the decision!

If it was cut and dry, then fair enough. But there'll come a point where another 'VAR decision' is bonkled, and I thought this was meant to be foolproof. The thing will never be fit for purpose as it still has human decisions based off it!

But as for the 2010 'revenge' mantra being espoused, that was so long ago, it just surprises me that any German fan would see that as comeuppance 🤷‍♂️:laugh:
The curve of the ball was clearly a few mm above the back edge of the line. Good, correct decision. Nothing for the Krauts to be sour about. Praise the man who crossed it for the goal just in time.

fuck-off-deutschland.jpg

It's just the fact that VAR/ goal-line technology will never be fit for purpose as it stands.....

And as mentioned, what's to prevent a recurrence of this happening elsewhere at some point. The real funny thing in all of this is that no team is safe from dodgy decisions (still), despite now having the technology to avoid these scenarios!

don't VARry.jpg

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

I disagree completely. As a 16 year old boy being made to cry like Gazza after unfairly being dumped out on penalties in the Semi Finals at Italia 90. Only to be followed by more penalty heartache at Wembley in the Semi Finals of Euro 96. Followed up by being beaten by Germany at the last ever game held at Wembley before it was turned into rubble by the diggers to be rebuilt. Then Lampard's clear goal being ruled out during the 2nd Round of South Africa 2010. A decision that saw our heads bow and the Germans went on to thrash us as a result.

So, yes, I can agree with and see why people like Alan Shearer posted this :)

Last edited:
I disagree completely. As a 16 year old boy being made to cry like Gazza after unfairly being dumped out on penalties in the Semi Finals at Italia 90. Only to be followed by more penalty heartache at Wembley in the Semi Finals of Euro 96. Followed up by being beaten by Germany at the last ever game held at Wembley and turned into rubble by the diggers to be rebuilt. Then Lampard's clear goal being ruled out during the 2nd Round of South Africa 2010. A decision that saw our heads bow and the Germans went on to thrash us as a result.

So, yes, I can agree with and see why people like Alan Shearer posted this :)

Unfairly? It was penalties! :laugh:

And that's my point - 2010's disallowed Lampard goal was daylight robbery.......but they didn't have 'VAR' to fall back on.

Now we have this tech and it's causing nothing but grief!

But as for the '90 & '96 Semi-Finals, both games were close-fought, both were on a knife-edge, and yes, I remember Gazza just needing to stick out his big toe to slot that away in e/t at Wembley. Classic games!

Might have this wrong but didn't England get their "revenge" in the Euro's just gone, beating Germany in the 'round of 16' ?
England vs Germany is our main rivalry. Whilst for Germany it is Holland I believe. The same as the Scots and Welsh rejoice when England get beat - Remember when Iceland knocked us out of the Euros and how the Welsh fans in particular reacted? We tend to take great "Schadenfreude" whenever Germany come a cropper :)

The English equivalent word (we DO have one contrary to common belief) is 'epicaricacy'.................. :D

Say that after a few pints.
Say whaaaa? :eek2::eek::confused::what:

I can't even figure out in my head how to fu@king pronounce that correctly after a cup of strong coffee, let alone actually speak it....

Luckily, I have a handful of friends from The Fast Show who can help me out....

:laugh::laugh:

Former world cups had a slight eurovision feel when it came to referees and their decisions at times, national biases and favouritism, in fact I think Fifa would rule out say a dutch referee for a germany vs france match, or an english reffing an argentina match [and vice versa].

I think that was the right call in the match last night, although it looks out technically it's not, and I think any benefit of doubt should go to the attacking team, e.g. the timing of when his foot actually hit the ball, comes down to a millisecond probably.

The night previous a dutch ref gave a very dubious penalty to argentina against poland, justice was served as the keeper saved it. So VAR hasn't really 100% removed bias imo.

Who'd have thunk it? The only sides unbeaten after group stages are USA, England, Holland, Morocco and Croatia. And none of those are remotely good enough to win the WC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back