Corona virus - Covid 19 discussion

How do you guys differentiate between dads mom and moms mom?
Are both just grandmother/grandma?
There's no term for it as far as I know. But as a general rule dad's mums are ok, and mum's mums are 3-headed serpents

Just reading that article but was distracted by one of their other headlines

"Why Seeing Trans Men Giving Birth Is So Important" :rolleyes:

really, is this the normal level of insanity that they've reached in the liberal press?

[don't answer, not meaning to sidetrack this thread]
It's vitally important. Did you not see Junior with Arnold Shwarzenegger??

There's no term for it as far as I know. But as a general rule dad's mums are ok, and mum's mums are 3-headed serpents
So when English kids hear "we are going to visit grandma", they just hope its not the evil one?
I would suggest changing it to Dad-ma and Moth-ma to avoid confusion.

from that huff article^

Don’t plan to attend a concert or sporting event just yet

Unfortunately, as the vaccine is rolling out and determinations about its efficacy are being made, crowded sporting events and packed concerts won’t become part of our new normal.
It’s going to be hard to convince people to go back to large gatherings that are simply for entertainment or recreational purposes,” Moody said. “I think what you’ll see is clusters of people at smaller gatherings. I doubt we’re going to have big events with tens of thousands of people coming together.”

-----------
I don't think it'll be that hard convincing a load of heavy metal enthusiasts ;) :p...more like the govt authorities won't allow it to happen.

from that huff article^

Unfortunately, as the vaccine is rolling out and determinations about its efficacy are being made, crowded sporting events and packed concerts won’t become part of our new normal.
It’s going to be hard to convince people to go back to large gatherings that are simply for entertainment or recreational purposes,” Moody said. “I think what you’ll see is clusters of people at smaller gatherings. I doubt we’re going to have big events with tens of thousands of people coming together.”

-----------
I don't think it'll be that hard convincing a load of heavy metal enthusiasts ;) :p...more like the govt authorities won't allow it to happen.

Exactly. As soon as they are allowed people will flock to events not caring about the virus,

Let spectators into football matches and guarantee you would get sell out crowds.

from that huff article^

-----------

Was watching New Zealand rugby and netball this morning and both venues were filled with fans. Then again, in terms of suppressing the virus NZ has been the best country on earth.

Was watching New Zealand rugby and netball this morning and both venues were filled with fans. Then again, in terms of suppressing the virus NZ has been the best country on earth.
Should be interesting to see how the remainder of the 6 nations pan out in the Autumn they have also announced no autumn internationals but Fiji and Argentina have been invited to play the 6 nation teams :confused:

That's good news, maybe we can try it soon in the uk. Were they all wearing masks or distanced from one another?

[I wonder if the champions league final is going to be played in an empty stadium, only two weeks away and in portugal, who're on the uk travel quarantine list I believe]

dunno? does it much matter inassofar as still being carriers to everyone at home?
Lots mate.
you can have loads of carriers or folks whom had it, but the mortality rate is minuscule when analysed properly and hardly a threat at all.

im not being arrogant regarding the virus at all, but Ive personally many friends now on anti depressant after losing work due to this, loads losing lots due to the uk’s massive over reaction to it.

we also have now second lock down’s albeit not as harsh as they where in certain areas with a certain population that we can’t mention.... I’m sorry but the whole thing needs to stop now, people losing there jobs, there homes and sanity for a virus that won’t touch the majority dino...

if I never had savings whom would of paid for my little girl? Her clothes, her schooling books for example?.. her holiday in a weeks time with her mother?.. (whom ain’t worked a day since Isabelle’s birth)
Some of us mate need to be working to earn to pay for what we have and need to support..

Not a dig mate at anyone, but I’d happily take the risks to work, I need to in order to provide and live, sadly I ain’t a rich family or a rich women to help, it’s just me. Oh and sox lol

dunno? does it much matter inassofar as still being carriers to everyone at home?

I would kind of say it matters.

Hearing a lot of cases these days and most are very minor if even any symptoms at all.

Bad virus but got too wonder if it is really any worse than flu. Only reason fewer people die with flu is because of vaccines.

Might sound harsh but getting a farce the way everything is still closed. The long term damage will be far worse than the virus.

At start i thought this country had a hell of a lot of deaths. Till you find out the amount of actual deaths are far fewer than reported.

Yes virus does kill some people. But if the death rate in UK was reported accurately the deaths would be way down. Farce that anyone dying within 28 days of testing positive for this virus is classed as a Covid death.

Get the virus and have it mild. Die 3 weeks later from cancer, Heart attack , stroke or whatever and it is reported as a Covid death.

I would kind of say it matters.

Hearing a lot of cases these days and most are very minor if even any symptoms at all.

Bad virus but got too wonder if it is really any worse than flu. Only reason fewer people die with flu is because of vaccines.

Might sound harsh but getting a farce the way everything is still closed. The long term damage will be far worse than the virus.

At start i thought this country had a hell of a lot of deaths. Till you find out the amount of actual deaths are far fewer than reported.

Yes virus does kill some people. But if the death rate in UK was reported accurately the deaths would be way down. Farce that anyone dying within 28 days of testing positive for this virus is classed as a Covid death.

Get the virus and have it mild. Die 3 weeks later from cancer, Heart attack , stroke or whatever and it is reported as a Covid death.
Well said Paul.
I’ve just stated my feelings. This isn’t selfish, I literally need normal to work and to survive...

I’ve also a little girl whom needs her dad at work.

ok, but as pointed out, we DON'T have a vaccine; so yes, currently, it's worse

Well said Paul.
I’ve just stated my feelings. This isn’t selfish, I literally need normal to work and to survive...

I’ve also a little girl whom needs her dad at work.

Posted that at same time as you. And you are right in everything you said.

People need work and earn money like you said. The country is a mess and noone knows how to deal with it. Aberdeen got shut down because of cluster of cases. No deaths or hospital overrun. Just many people with virus who are not ill.

People need to get too grips with fact there might never be a vaccine. The virus is here too stay. Time to give people the choice to live their lives as normal or if they are old or scared let them shield.

Way this is going the economy will be screwed for life. All you hear now is food banks, people with no money, Businesses going bust every day and millions losing jobs. Let people work then.

People are getting the virus lockdown or not. Time to let life carry on as normal while we can.

Craziest thing is they say kids are okay and it did not spread between them so much hence the reason schools are reopening. Now they are saying the cases at moment are mainly through young people and their not give a shit attitudes. So opening Secondary schools for 16 year olds with no social distancing is a great move.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back