Corona virus - Covid 19 discussion

ok, but as pointed out, we DON'T have a vaccine; so yes, currently, it's worse
We don’t for aids.. but we all manage ok.

the whole thing was managed in a way that’s beyond comical.

its not the rage virus lol..
Also the ages and past medical history, also if they where fat gits or had asthma etc are massive factors...

to the majority and massive majority this was harmless, sorry mate it was and is..
The media made it out to be something it’s not and still do so..

When I’ve seen mates top themselves, good hard lads now on anti depressants, good people losing there wives and homes over this I’m sorry to say it’s a utter joke dino...

For many to sit behind a pc for a job never going anywhere or doing a thing on full pay it’s easy to bang the Covid drum...
But what about those whom need to be out there working? Happy to risk it.. we just get our lives and homes ripped from us?..

Again I’ll echo this isn’t a dig mate, it’s pretty harsh reality for many of us, me v much included.

For many to sit behind a pc for a job never going anywhere or doing a thing on full pay it’s easy to bang the Covid drum...
But what about those whom need to be out there working? Happy to risk it.. we just get our lives and homes ripped from us?..

Again I’ll echo this isn’t a dig mate, it’s pretty harsh reality for many of us, me v much included.
I'd never suggest it's easy and there arent shitloads of hardships - devastating ones in fact.
I agree, it fully sucks

Posted that at same time as you. And you are right in everything you said.

People need work and money like you said. The country is a mess and noone knows how to deal with it. Aberdeen got shut down because of cluster of cases. No deaths or hospital overrun. Just many people with virus who are not ill.

People need to get too grips with fact there might never be a vaccine. The virus is here too stay. Time to give people the choice to live their lives as normal or if they are old or scared let them shield.

Way this is going the economy will be screwed for life. All you hear now is food banks, people with no money, Businesses going bust every day and millions losing jobs. Let people work then.

People are getting the virus lockdown or not. Time to let life carry on as normal while we can.

Craziest thing is they say kids are okay and it did not spread between them so much hence the reason schools are reopening. Now they are saying the cases at moment are mainly through young people and their not give a shit attitudes. So opening Secondary schools for 16 year olds with no social distancing is a great move.
I’m staunch conservative as you and many know.
The handling of this has been a disgrace, a utter disgrace and I’ve told my local MP this.

drink a pint or eat a meal your fine, go to a shop your not...

Let the lazy fuckers on furlough drink themselves silly in a pub, those same silly twats won’t send there kids to school as it’s a risk?!???.

give me a fucking break!...

also I applied for a grant as couldn’t work due to Covid.. was true, had to travel to Aberdeen to sign my contract and do my drug test etc in dyce... then this nonsense started...

because in my full work history one year I didn’t pay enough national insurance (I’m 39 btw, worked since 18)
They said I’m not eligible... bearing in mind the past 9 years plus I’ve paid 40% tax...

I was left on universal credit on £288 a month, that’s it.. all my bills, food and taxes etc...
Oh and I have Isabelle 50% of the time...

if it wasnt for savings I’d be on the fucking streets...

so I’m sorry corona can go fuck itself...
I’ve no savings left and can’t live on the joke the government offer me, Shame I’ve just not popped over on a dinghy, would get a nice 4 star hotel, spending money and a house hahaha!..

We do live in clown world.

sorry anyone I offended, but this shit actually affects my life and my child’s so I’ll have my say no matter what.

rant over. I’ll do a corona post later

sorry anyone I offended, but this shit actually affects my life and my child’s so I’ll have my say no matter what.
Yeah, it fully, truly sucks and sorry it's hitting you hard. I'm fortunate I work from home.
My mom's 78 and works in a nursing home. I'm forever worried, being a cancer survivor, shes not the strength to battle it.
My brother's been to hosptial twice in 3 weeks with pneumonia (currently there) and has like, 0 immunity system.

It's a very scary world.

That's good news, maybe we can try it soon in the uk. Were they all wearing masks or distanced from one another?

[I wonder if the champions league final is going to be played in an empty stadium, only two weeks away and in portugal, who're on the uk travel quarantine list I believe]

Neither, just regular life over there. They closed down their island for foreigners and had a pretty strict lockdown for a while.

Champions League final phase will be played in front of an empty stadium.

Yeah, it fully, truly sucks and sorry it's hitting you hard. I'm fortunate I work from home.
My mom's 78 and works in a nursing home. I'm forever worried, being a cancer survivor, shes not the strength to battle it.
My brother's been to hosptial twice in 3 weeks with pneumonia (currently there) and has like, 0 immunity system.

It's a very scary world.
I wasn’t having any kind of a Personal go at you dino, I’m well aware it’s affected you also as my PM’s in the past would of proven.

This also wasnt a corona point scoring exercise as nobody wins. The whole thing is destroying lots, I merely stated how it’s affecting me and mine at the moment, yeh I’m angry, sad and frustrated.

im now going to the ‘currently listening’ to thread for some light relief.

I wasn’t having any kind of a Personal go at you dino, I’m well aware it’s affected you also as my PM’s in the past would of proven.

This also wasnt a corona point scoring exercise as nobody wins. The whole thing is destroying lots, I merely stated how it’s affecting me and mine at the moment, yeh I’m angry, sad and frustrated.

im now going to the ‘currently listening’ to thread for some light relief.
er..i never suggested you were having a go; i was sharing a shared experience and was sending condolences on how it affected you personally

er..i never suggested you were having a go; i was sharing a shared experience and was sending condolences on how it affected you personally
Sorry. That’s my bad.
Took what you said the wrong way totally.
Genuinely sorry about that mate, just read it back myself. :-(

Unfortunately, as the vaccine is rolling out and determinations about its efficacy are being made, crowded sporting events and packed concerts won’t become part of our new normal.
It’s going to be hard to convince people to go back to large gatherings that are simply for entertainment or recreational purposes,” Moody said. “I think what you’ll see is clusters of people at smaller gatherings. I doubt we’re going to have big events with tens of thousands of people coming together.”

-----------
I don't think it'll be that hard convincing a load of heavy metal enthusiasts :thumbsup:

It would not be hard to get metalheads to a concert. They got it wrong, it's not 'simply' entertainment, it's a way of life. The meaning is deeper than the actual music being performed in a stage.

Oh, also. Reported myself for being overly melodramatic first thing in the morning.

It would not be hard to get metalheads to a concert. They got it wrong, it's not 'simply' entertainment, it's a way of life. The meaning is deeper than the actual music being performed in a stage.

Oh, also. Reported myself for being overly melodramatic first thing in the morning.
Good lord... the melodramaticness was easily reportable...

I didn’t however as I’m super cool, also trying to get sox to retire to bed..

Saw a mate tonight, met in the pub ‘westherspoons’
Ain’t saw each other for ages as he’s a pro sportsman.

we have all the booth’s separated, you need to stick to the 2 metre rule...
you need to use card or contactless whenever possible...

but we can sit together (as the full pub did)
We can smoke outside, no social distancing, pass lighters about like it’s 1999...

also order food and have it to our table as all the above isn’t a issue, nor non of this tracing nonsense in place at all...

had 2 beers and loads of wings, the pub was that packed me and me mate couldn’t be doing with drunken clowns so he dropped me home.

you can’t lockdown when it’s only a little bit lockdown, it’s frankly all or nothing. People are just sick and confused of it all now.

Not really much a lockdown here.
Depending which region of the province youre in, you can pretty much go about your day; you just happen to have to wear a mask.
Bars have a max occupancy though and there's still lots of safety measures.

I really dont much see any of my friends or people here, hitting the bars, having backyards get-togethers instead.

I know it's different there. Here seems even pre covid, people choose to gather much more often in private settings.
Bar's a wallet killer

Last edited:
Deppending which region of the province youre in, you can pretty much go about your day; you just happen to have to wear a mask.

I really dont much see any of my friends or people here, hitting the bars, having backyards get-togethers instead.

I know it's different there. Here seems even pre covid, people choose to gather much more often in private settings.
Bars a wallet killer
Whats a lockdown?

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Deppending which region of the province youre in, you can pretty much go about your day; you just happen to have to wear a mask.

Bars a wallet killer
lol a certain religion here always get a free pass, and areas with certain mass people’s of certain religion are locked down and making others become lockdown... it’s frankly a disgrace..

but I’ll digress, in the U.K. we should of either had a full on badass lockdown and kept it that way or non at all..

its easy to wear a mask etc and distance, but that’s just me... as tonight showed me it’s just like business as usual.

and can’t blame the people, it’s the idiotic messages the government are putting out..

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back