Corona virus - Covid 19 discussion

Lockdowns really working worldwide arnt they.

How many $$$ trillions are we going to spend before people realise they DONT WORK.

This madness will put a billion or 2 of the poorest people on the planet into severe poverty and starvation.

All for NOTHING, as the US with its locked down v fully open states have now proved perfectly lockdowns if anything make covid WORSE!!

How many $$$ trillions are we going to spend before people realise they DONT WORK.

This madness will put a billion or 2 of the poorest people on the planet into severe poverty and starvation.

All for NOTHING, as the US with its locked down v fully open states have now proved perfectly lockdowns if anything make covid WORSE!!
1300 deaths daily at the start of this most recent lockdown.
17 deaths yesterday.
Nope, didn't work at all.

You spelled Sweden wrong, it's S W E D E N not U S

Oh wait, yeah, I forgot, Sweden's figures don't suit your agenda anymore so you have moved elsewhere.

Do you really believe the shite you post, even though every single stat shows you are completely and totally wrong? as @colinsunderland points out theres a tad of a difference between over 1,000 deaths daily and less than 20 deaths daily, so is that all by pure luck?

Don't know if anyone is watching the Cummings inquiry, but it's pretty explosive. Hancock can't possibly survive this, Bojo should sack him now.
Don't like Cummings at all, but if half his claims are true then it's pretty scandalous. Problem the government has with all this is, they backed him to the hilt a year ago, telling everyone how great he was, they are going to struggle to now turn round and say he's a liar, especially when he has evidence to back up a lot of his claims.

I think the normal parameters regarding performance in high office have gone, might be temporary or the alternative prospect (a labour govt instead) is so unappealing or laughable that it's pointless criticising any failings of boris's crew.

Hancock behaves as if hasn't a care in the world, and he is very alan partridge like.

Judging by the bbc's written coverage this appearance by cummings is not really going to lead to any sackings, in terms of representing political heat the headlines are lukewarm at best. And cummings, for some reason, basically put all his answers and views out on twitter beforehand in a 65 post thread, so there was no shock element to proceedings.

Last edited:
Just a quote from the bbc coverage:

"The scale of the disaster is so big that people need to understand how the government failed them," Cummings adds.

If they didn't ask him, they should have asked which european country got it right in the way he feels we got it wrong; no doubt more people did die unecessarily because we didn't close the borders to non-essential travel early on [or mass test arrivals] and take advantage of being an island.

Since most countries were pretty much guessing their way forward, the people in charge of making decisions were often stuck in a 'damned if you do, damned if you dont' situation.
Atleast thats how i see it.

No country got everything right, but there are some that got alot of things right (Finland, some of the asian coutries etc comes to mind)
I think part of the reason why some countries did good is just down to attitude.
I mean look at Ternur, hes been disinfecting the inside of his body ever since the pandemic began, maybe even before it began.
Thats commitment.

Last edited:
Since most countries were pretty much guessing their way forward, the people in charge of making decisions were often stuck in a 'damned if you do, damned if you dont' situation.
Atleast thats how i see it.

[putting aside my gut feeling something bigger has been going on and all the other things I've posted on in here] I tend to agree it's hard to damn decision makers, esp when you were the chief adviser to the chief decision maker, it might though come down to more specific issues and policies such as returning half recovered covid patients to nursing homes, not aquiring sufficient PPE in time, NHS hospitals being hotbeds of transmission etc...

[putting aside my gut feeling something bigger has been going on and all the other things I've posted on in here] I tend to agree it's hard to damn decision makers, esp when you were the chief adviser to the chief decision maker, it might though come down to more specific issues and policies such as returning half recovered covid patients to nursing homes, not aquiring sufficient PPE in time, NHS hospitals being hotbeds of transmission etc...
Agree, there will be things that are down to 'screw ups' but the people making decisions will also end up taking the heat for decisions that may have been the best decisions they could have made at the time with the information they had.
Hindsight is always 20/20 or something like that.
There will be alot of blame thrown around in alot of countries.

You might want to read what was said, he was very specific about some stuff, and has given proof on the matters.
Things like BJ stating it wasn't dangerous, saying he would go on live TV and be injected with it to show people there was nothing to worry about, he wasn't bothered as it only killed people over 80, there was quite a list of pretty damning stuff said.

You might want to read what was said, he was very specific about some stuff, and has given proof on the matters.
Things like BJ stating it wasn't dangerous, saying he would go on live TV and be injected with it to show people there was nothing to worry about, he wasn't bothered as it only killed people over 80, there was quite a list of pretty damning stuff said.
If these quotes of boris genuinely shock people then it might rise to the level required, cause lasting damage, I can't see him resigning though, so that only leaves a leadership challenge. Hancock has all the attributes that make him ripe as the target fall guy if boris needs one.

Most countries agree certain developments / lockdowns/ reopenings at the same time.

Obviously this is not a coincidence.

The UK started to open up for business on May 17th , many other European countries were opening up around the same date ...

So there must be agreements going on behind the scenes even post Brexit.

Going to be pretty annoying if the Indian variant delays or cancels the planned June restiction lifting in tne UK.
Ok mutations happen , that is to be expected we are told, but it is being spread in mainly Asian communities,
I dont care one bit which group of people it is,its not a racist thing but all the data is showing
the hospital admisssions and deaths due to this variant are mainly of people who are unvaccinated
for whatever reason.We have all been through hell and back for the last year and a half ,its just damn
selfish if people are jeopadising everything for cultural or whatever reasons just when normality looks
so close.

insominia rant over

Btw dont think there is a lot to choose between Cummings and Hancock, both are slippery characters but after the
Cummings eye testing farce, i dont know he dare keep harping on about Hancock lying and causing deaths as he did
exactly that by his actions and lame excuse for them

Going to be pretty annoying if the Indian variant delays or cancels the planned June restiction lifting in tne UK.
Ok mutations happen , that is to be expected we are told, but it is being spread in mainly Asian communities,
I dont care one bit which group of people it is,its not a racist thing but all the data is showing
the hospital admisssions and deaths due to this variant are mainly of people who are unvaccinated
for whatever reason.We have all been through hell and back for the last year and a half ,its just damn
selfish if people are jeopadising everything for cultural or whatever reasons just when normality looks
so close.

insominia rant over

Btw dont think there is a lot to choose between Cummings and Hancock, both are slippery characters but after the
Cummings eye testing farce, i dont know he dare keep harping on about Hancock lying and causing deaths as he did
exactly that by his actions and lame excuse for them
im british im 52 and ive not had the vaccine,if it was so dam dangerous they should make the vaccine mandatory,i was born free and intend to die free,you cannot knock people for not having the vaccine,its freedom of choice

Sorry , i can knock whole communities that refuse to take it for no reason other than cultural beliefs,
I would make it mandatory in the current situation and stop benefits for those who dont have proper
reasons not to comply

im british im 52 and ive not had the vaccine,if it was so dam dangerous they should make the vaccine mandatory,i was born free and intend to die free,you cannot knock people for not having the vaccine,its freedom of choice

If you hear someone shouting gonzoooo gonzoooo, it's not someone smashing the game since nobodys ever actually won fk all on it. It will be me wondering if you're in the same part of the gulag ;)

So you think they should make it mandatory if the circumstances are right, but then say you want freedom of choice, so which is it?

If the hospitalisations and deaths start increasing then, despite me being against them a couple of months ago, they should bring in vaccine passports. If large groups not having the vaccine is going to affect everyones freedom, by having more lockdowns, then the people who, by choice, don't have the vaccine should be limited in what they can do, to allow the rest of the country the freedom to do what they like. I would feel uneasy about having such restrictions, but I also don't want a never ending cycle of not being able to leave the house.

The vaccine ought to be called a gene therapy vaccine, there is no weakened live or inactivated coronavirus in the injected solution.

They're the first of it's kind ever to get official approval [ albeit emergency ] for use, to mandate the taking of it is the kind of thing a dictatorship would do not a democratic country.

When you're elderly so many viruses and illnesses can kill you, even the common cold, it is sad but then the origins of the virus should be independently looked into - and not led by fauci as he may be involved in the funding somewhere.

Facebook are now allowing people to question the origins in posts without being banned, though that could change again no doubt; who knows sars1 may have been created too, then it's been tweaked to be less deadly but more transmissible. The chinese have been eating the suspected host wildlife for hundreds of years but now suddenly these animals pass a virus on they didn't before...

well we can go on and on forever with this,one thing i did see last night was a lady italian school teacher of 55,healthy lady no issues her brother was saying in the interview she had the jab the Astra Zenica after a few weeks fell very ill and died,they found blood clots in the body and one in her brain,so.....she was pressured to have it because of being a school teacher and paid the price,for me that is wrong,if she had caught the virus chances she would have been ok,took the jab and died,what logic hey

well we can go on and on forever with this,one thing i did see last night was a lady italian school teacher of 55,healthy lady no issues her brother was saying in the interview she had the jab the Astra Zenica after a few weeks fell very ill and died,they found blood clots in the body and one in her brain,so.....she was pressured to have it because of being a school teacher and paid the price,for me that is wrong,if she had caught the virus chances she would have been ok,took the jab and died,what logic hey
Doesn't really sound like she was pressurised into having it

The music teacher was keen to receive a jab as she worked with young people and even expressed her joy at getting the dose in a Facebook post, writing "fatto" - the Italian word for "done".

Doesn't really sound like she was pressurised into having it

The music teacher was keen to receive a jab as she worked with young people and even expressed her joy at getting the dose in a Facebook post, writing "fatto" - the Italian word for "done".
even so what a shame,should not happen,my main reason for not wanting it is i fear it,and that aint gonna go away,there are some very inteligent people on these forums i cannot even spell but im not stupid to realise that all this is just about Covid19,its 9th in causes of death in the uk,have you ever seen that film CONTAGION from 2009 i think carbon copy of what is happening now

Chances of getting blood clot roughly 1 in 400,000. Chances of a fatal blood clot close to 1 in 1,000,000.
Chances of dying from Covid roughly 6 in 1,000. Chances of long Covid or long term health issues - nobody knows for sure but definitely signs even in younger people of scarring in lungs and other issues.
I know which odds I prefer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back