Corona virus - Covid 19 discussion

Some of the background to the lancet study and subsequent doubts

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
[guardian, sometimes require signing up to read]

Surgisphere ‘came out of nowhere’
One of the questions that has most baffled the scientific community is how Surgisphere, established by Desai in 2008 as a medical education company that published textbooks, became the owner of a powerful international database. That database, despite only being announced by Surgisphere recently, boasts access to data from 96,000 patients in 1,200 hospitals around the world.

When contacted by the Guardian, Desai said his company employed just 11 people. The employees listed on LinkedIn were recorded on the site as having joined Surgisphere only two months ago. Several did not appear to have a scientific or statistical background, but mention expertise in strategy, copywriting, leadership and acquisition.

Dr James Todaro, who runs MedicineUncensored, a website that publishes the results of hydroxychloroquine studies, said: “Surgisphere came out of nowhere to conduct perhaps the most influential global study in this pandemic in the matter of a few weeks.

“It doesn’t make sense,” he said. “It would require many more researchers than it claims to have for this expedient and [size] of multinational study to be possible.”

It is not clear from the methodology in the studies that used Surgisphere data, or from the Surgisphere website itself, how the company was able to put in place data-sharing agreements from so many hospitals worldwide, including those with limited technology, and to reconcile different languages and coding systems, all while staying within the regulatory, data-protection and ethical rules of each country.

Peter Ellis, the chief data scientist of Nous Group, an international management consultancy that does data integration projects for government departments, expressed concern that Surgisphere database was “almost certainly a scam”.

-----------

The battle over HQC continues, zinq and other things also need to be looked at without any bias or $ agendas getting in the way.

I wish they would just come out and say masks are effective and necessary.....

I personally think they do not want to tell the truth because of the shortage and/or egg on their face. Maybe they dont want to face another problem of a population demanding a supply of masks.

In any case i see this as another example of babysitting instead of giving us the facts and enabling us to work as an effective team.

[…]The only good international media I watch is Sky News AU...unfortunately it looks like yt pulled one of its stunts again. How come no more bolt reports, those used to pop right up.
You mean this report..."The Bolt Report is a nightly piece of right-wing punditry in which Andrew Bolt does his more-in-sadness-than-in-anger routine."

So is Sky News Au Australia's right wing version of Fox News? They are both owned by Murdoch of course, but Sky News AU does have some redeeming features, viz:

"Someone who watched only Fox News would get a very distorted view of the world. That is not true of Sky. Its news service and its more sophisticated panels include a range of perspectives, even on major stories with an ideological bent, such as climate change and energy policy."

Thought I would see if the contact tracing app was available in the UK,they are now saying it may not be
up and working properly until Sept,Singapore had a system running in March.So much for the world beating
system promised for June.Even bought a new phone to stick it on.

I cant think of one single thing they have delivered on that they have promised.

Maybe when their cleaners and chauffeurs start getting ill they may start taking it more seriously. Until then i look at everything they say or advise with a critical eye.

Only so many times you can be let down before you lose trust and my trust in a so called 'democracy' was lost way before the pandemic.

yup , you can only give them the benifit of the doubt so many times,really dont think politicians are the right
people to tackle this crisis, way too much self interest, egos and point scoring,Would be ok if there was strong
leadership but this seems to be sadly lacking.

You mean this report..."The Bolt Report is a nightly piece of right-wing punditry in which Andrew Bolt does his more-in-sadness-than-in-anger routine."

So is Sky News Au Australia's right wing version of Fox News? They are both owned by Murdoch of course, but Sky News AU does have some redeeming features, viz:

"Someone who watched only Fox News would get a very distorted view of the world. That is not true of Sky. Its news service and its more sophisticated panels include a range of perspectives, even on major stories with an ideological bent, such as climate change and energy policy."

I don't know anything about the Hosts or the shows really, not like I know the US media. I don't a have a daily/nightly front row seat like someone that lives in AU who is exposed to these shows more often would.

Right now I'm watching a Hardgrave video on the US protests. I also watch some other guy named Murray. I have no idea who these people on the panel are or how credible they are.

I watch all the cable media here, CNN, FOX, MSNBC. That's how I know Fox is the best.

I wish they would just come out and say masks are effective and necessary.....

I personally think they do not want to tell the truth because of the shortage and/or egg on their face. Maybe they dont want to face another problem of a population demanding a supply of masks.

In any case i see this as another example of babysitting instead of giving us the facts and enabling us to work as an effective team.

I haven't been able to get in any local businesses in my state without a mask or some face covering for weeks now. Almost everyone here wears a mask and I've seen a couple people denied entrance to shops if they didn't have a mask/face covering. Its not such a big deal really. You do have to provide your own mask or face covering though.

I haven't been able to get in any local businesses in my state without a mask or some face covering for weeks now. Almost everyone here wears a mask and I've seen a couple people denied entrance to shops if they didn't have a mask/face covering. Its not such a big deal really. You do have to provide your own mask or face covering though.

I agree its not a big deal.

In the UK its very different. Mask wearers are the minority and lockdown lifting has seen the roads and streets return to almost full traffic.

With a reportedly higher death rate than the rest of EU combined its concerning.

I worry that we will see another collapse of NHS and another lockdown carried out incorrectly.

We have been failed by our government but i am a little amazed at the stupidity of some of our people.

I resisted asking a woman what she was doing when she virtually stalked me around the shops the other day. She pretty much broke every guideline in attempt to get her shopping done quickly.

I dont think the message and guidelines have been delivered or enforced correctly because of our 'nanny' society.

The UK reminds me a little of a film called Idiocracy. A decent comedy looking more and more like a documentary of what is to come when you put people like Trump and Boris in charge of countries and economies.

Edit: Here is a picture of the President - Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho

1591365244497.png

Reckon this is a fair comparison for Trumps presidency.

I agree its not a big deal.

In the UK its very different. Mask wearers are the minority and lockdown lifting has seen the roads and streets return to almost full traffic.

With a reportedly higher death rate than the rest of EU combined its concerning.

I worry that we will see another collapse of NHS and another lockdown carried out incorrectly.

We have been failed by our government but i am a little amazed at the stupidity of some of our people.

I resisted asking a woman what she was doing when she virtually stalked me around the shops the other day. She pretty much broke every guideline in attempt to get her shopping done quickly.

I dont think the message and guidelines have been delivered or enforced correctly because of our 'nanny' society.

The UK reminds me a little of a film called Idiocracy. A decent comedy looking more and more like a documentary of what is to come when you put people like Trump and Boris in charge of countries and economies.

Edit: Here is a picture of the President - Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho

View attachment 133459

Reckon this is a fair comparison for Trumps presidency.

I hate going the market down the street, everyone scatters like cockroaches when they see you. I do the same though.

Little surprised at the UK, while they did get off to a slow start which put them behind the silver lining was they got to see what worked and didn't work in other nations and really should have just copied it. Maybe they did though and I didn't know about it.

Trump is on now at a presser, rambling on about a surprisingly good jobs reports for May. Canada had a good report to so maybe the economies aren't as bad as first thought.

As far as the lock downs go, from what I've seen people were congregating anyway long before the protests, but we'll see if there are spikes.

Made a bit of a cock up at Tescos the other day,went to get some essentials, they have a one way system
to get in, you have to walk inbetween barriers and its quite narrow.When I saw the queue I gave up on idea
and had to walk back the wrong way get out resulting in a lot of dirty looks and mutterings as it meant passing
closely to other people coming in.Felt like a twat but there was no other way of getting out.
I would have been annoyed if I had been them.

I cant think of one single thing they have delivered on that they have promised.

Maybe when their cleaners and chauffeurs start getting ill they may start taking it more seriously. Until then i look at everything they say or advise with a critical eye.

Only so many times you can be let down before you lose trust and my trust in a so called 'democracy' was lost way before the pandemic.

Under promise, over deliver. They're doing the opposite.

Eventually got to their arbitrary, and un-coordinated, testing target but again, no where near when they said it would be.

I don't know if Johnson believes what he's saying or just likes talking crap.

Digusting scenes in London, they wanted separating with water cannons whatever they were demonstrating
about, Amazing how authorities can turn a blind eye in the name of political correctness.Very brave of them
throwing rocks at a horse and putting a policewoman in hospital.

Totally agree.

The majority of demonstrators were well behaved but to be honest I am surprised they let it happen during a pandemic.

Pandemic + mass gatherings = Significant risk to public health and the economy.

Personally, I think it needed someone with the balls to say 'sorry, now is not the time for a mass gathering or demonstration'. Anybody seen gathering in numbers will be dispersed.

They vandalised the statue of Winston Churchill on D-Day. We have mourned that day for years and its supposed to be a day of peace.

Edit: Got my days mixed up and changed from remembrance to D-Day.

This one? :eek:

It wouldnt play.

I have seen some horrific incidents from public and police but neither are relative to the cause and simply individual let downs.

There is no culture of rascism in our Police force. There are rascists in all jobs and walks of life. Tarring everybody with the same brush incites hatred and violence.

Hence why rascism and the media machine that propels it will never ever be eradicated.

This one? :eek:

That was a horrible fall, I know she got seriously injured,really hope they get the scum that caused it.

75 years ago yesterday brave men set off to liberate the world, they must be turning in the their graves looking
at what this country is reduced to

So let's see how this goes.

1. We have BBC/Guardian-publicised demos, egged on by the right-on media and 'celebrities'.
2. We still have partial lockdown due to a 'racist' virus.
3. Sections of the media, namely the BBC are obsessed with race and make every effort to add that element every day while neglecting to tell us about the advances being made in vaccine tests etc.
4. So we have thousands of mainly BaME people breaking the law with impunity ignoring distancing and of course the inevitable crime, violence and criminality that goes with it.
5. These marches take place in cities where BaME make up a far greater proportion of the population than elsewhere.
6. So there's highly likely to be a big increase in 'R' in those areas afterwards due to closely-packed 'protesters' both transmitting COVID between themselves and taking it home to their households.
7. We then get a spike in the cities.
8. This will affect BaME disproportionately.
9. BBC then reports COVID as being even more 'racist'.
10. BBC/Guardian/Chatterati then have even more reason to blame whitey/Police/establishment for the woes of the BaME community.

Rinse and repeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back