Corona virus - Covid 19 discussion

Never got mumps however :)
DID get mono 3x (booooo), in high school...and no, Ive never had an STI, and no, I dont have Epstein Barr :)
Just...a weakened immune system opened up to, well, everything.

Plus side, never been sick since I was a kid :) Not even a cold since I wa a kid ....30 yrs no flu or colds :)

and FWIW; i harbour no ill will toward anyone has, had STD's, STI's or HIV
I have, nor have never had, any one of the above.
I just had strep, and tonsilitis many times in HS (still have my tonsils).

These days, I guess, because I had, well, EVERYthing, as a kid, my body, is well, ef that, we good, bud, you paid your dues, and we be anti bodies GALORE :p

But ya, I'm very MUCH pro vaccinations early :)

and FWIW; i harbour no ill will toward anyone has, had STD's, STI's or HIV
I have, nor have never had, any one of the above.
I just had strep, and tonsilitis many times in HS (still have my tonsils).

These days, I guess, because I had, well, EVERYthing, as a kid, my body, is well, ef that, we good, bud, you paid your dues, and we be anti bodies GALORE :p

But ya, I'm very MUCH pro vaccinations early :)
I recall you telling me about your Herpes affliction, so good try, you Silly Sally!

I recall you telling me about your Herpes affliction, so good try, you Silly Sally!
lmao, I'm neurotic to the point of.....uh, wait, cool beans n all, sure you can share my straw (surreptitiously tosses straw)...whups, weird, how'd THAT happen?

*bastard, you told me it was a shaving cut

The vaccine has saved so many lives, has enabled us to open up and have our lives restored...yet people are still doing it down

Would you concede that the range, seriousness and frequency of side effects with the dna/mrna covid vaccines are greater than the traditional flu vaccine?

The discussion about these vaxxes becomes more relevant and pointed (for me) if the govt were once again to try and go down the coercion and forcing route. Austria was on the brink of fining unjabbed citizens many thousands of pounds, that's got to be the wrong way of convincing people.

Plus the children issue, as they can't really make an educated, full consent decision and are at much lower risk from covid, and natural infection provides broader protection afaik.

Some believe this unknown virus of unspecified origin was just a 'test run' anyway, to see how populations can be manipulated and coerced, how attitudes and opposing views could be curtailed, and that future outbreaks are something we should all get used to.

Was it not Fauci who'd stated that mask impositions were used as a form of control over people? Either way, I hope he recovers swiftly from his bout of Covid, Godspeed 🙏

And lest we forget the Austrian government's appalling subjugation of its citizens, testing and probing with their threats, you can almost guarantee that their sudden U-turn wasn't because of an onset of guilt or morally 'doing the right thing', its reasons more than likely money-oriented or political.

And vaccinating children using the vaccines in their current state, without the hindsight of long-term potential effects etc, should be an instant no-no, unlike vaccines that have been around for decades for other ailments, where parents can make informed choices.

Some believe this unknown virus of unspecified origin was just a 'test run' anyway, to see how populations can be manipulated and coerced, how attitudes and opposing views could be curtailed, and that future outbreaks are something we should all get used to.

Was it not Fauci who'd stated that mask impositions were used as a form of control over people? Either way, I hope he recovers swiftly from his bout of Covid, Godspeed 🙏

And lest we forget the Austrian government's appalling subjugation of its citizens, testing and probing with their threats, you can almost guarantee that their sudden U-turn wasn't because of an onset of guilt or morally 'doing the right thing', its reasons more than likely money-oriented or political.

And vaccinating children using the vaccines in their current state, without the hindsight of long-term potential effects etc, should be an instant no-no, unlike vaccines that have been around for decades for other ailments, where parents can make informed choices.
But the vaccines that have ‘been around for decades’ weren’t always around for decades. They were ‘new’ and historically untested at one point too.

It’s also pertinent to point out that mRNA vaccine technology HAS been around for decades.

For what it’s worth I don’t necessarily think there’s much point to vaccinating young children against COVID either. However, I can counter this by saying I’m no health professional…so I can’t really make claims that have more weight than the professionals.

But the vaccines that have ‘been around for decades’ weren’t always around for decades. They were ‘new’ and historically untested at one point too.

It’s also pertinent to point out that mRNA vaccine technology HAS been around for decades.

For what it’s worth I don’t necessarily think there’s much point to vaccinating young children against COVID either. However, I can counter this by saying I’m no health professional…so I can’t really make claims that have more weight than the professionals.
Yes, vaccines had a starting point and were untested, up until the point they were rigorously trialled over years I'd imagine

- unlike the various 'hit & hope' concoctions that Big Pharma cobbled together to exploit the Media- driven hysteria and foisted upon populations under threat of losing their civil liberties. Which I can see quite a few are all too happy to forego!

And yes, mRNA had been researched since the early '90s I believe, though its application not widespread, or else I'd imagine it'd be prevalent in every medical procedure?

So again, that's not to say the science and technological progress and strides being made can't be seen as positive, provided one believes these pharmaceutical behemoths will use them to advance the human race, but from where I'm sat, I believe they've pulled a massive hit & run to the tune of $$$Trillions, and will be more likely to engineer further 'instances' from which they stand to make more.

And even more perturbing is the notion that the documented side-effects of these pseudo-vaccines are being outright dismissed and ridiculed, with various 'professionals' not coming to an understanding as to the possible dangers of foisting these unto children. But then one thing that has come out of this charade is the prevailing attitude of "I'm alright Jack", and that as long as one is seen to be on the right side of history, the rest is superfluous clap-trap and disinformation. And that in itself is the real tragedy :cool:

Person Im in constant close contact with and share a house with got a sore throat n cough for past 2 days, tested positive twice since. They have had 2 shots but not in over 9 months since they decided to not continue with those.
I expected to feel something by now considering we are close 24/7 and this isnt a big house, being not vaccinaterered and all, but I just can't get it.

The vaccine has saved so many lives, has enabled us to open up and have our lives restored

Is that true? I'm asking because I was under the impression the data suggested natural immunity would have reaped similar rewards.

Isn't the efficacy of the vaccines what many are questioning, and the lack of data to support their benefits. I only ask because maybe I am living in a bubble, feeding off my limited sources of news.

Some people should take a look at the research being published on COVID surrounding the devastating effects

if you can't google the simple facts of something you're professing to know something about

Hard to find the facts when Pfizer and the CDC are trying to cover them up, along with the mainstream media lies and character assassinations of people with more experience in the medical profession than the governments who shut them up (not talking Rogan).

Throw in a shower of incompetence and misinformation from start to finish, and I don't know who to trust or what information to 'fact-check'.

That is a poignant, mournful capture and pretty sad to see. I'm not even sure I'd share that on the Socials though, given people's penchant for cynicism and doubt. They're just as likely to say the causes aren't definitely linked to this, and that this doesn't prove anything (or worse - of course)

That is a poignant, mournful capture and pretty sad to see. I'm not even sure I'd share that on the Socials though, given people's penchant for cynicism and doubt. They're just as likely to say the causes aren't definitely linked to this, and that this doesn't prove anything (or worse - of course)
Yes especially on twitter you open yourself up to some wicked, troll like people, out to inflict further pain on a victim given the slimmest opportunity.

It's just wrought financial devastation that'll take years to recover from, just as we'd slowly seen the green shoots of recovery post-2008....

And what with Interest Rates climbing another quarter percent, and seemingly no one wanting to adopt full-time work anymore, employers can't even fill vacancies, as everyone sees out their days based on customized lifestyle modifications 🤷‍♂️

I just sense we'll see more of these occurrences, and a long road ahead of austerity, a workshy economy and disruptions aplenty, all amidst more old and 'new' forms of disease.

Hurray!

The job vacancies/filling posts from what i've seen, far more difficult than few years ago. Being involved in recent ones: gone from having to shortlist from a quite a few solid apps, to basically seeing everyone who has applied.

Think it's a collection: from folk, during CV-19 ditching a job, taking on another work and not going back to their previous profession

Questions from folk being interviewed are now moving to: what's your home-working policy, rather than: is your pension defined benefit or contribution etc. Companies who therefore either A. don't want to offer hybrid working or B. Cant - (most likely due to archaic systems/the type of work) are going to find it hard to attract people now.

Having had a lot of leeway due to what i do, of going in/not going in, you'd need to drag my arse across hot coals to work at a place who told me 9-5pm, in this low ceiling office and therefore for those who've had a taste of the good life, they're going to migrate to those places who offer it - all that will have knock on effects down various industries i think.

Scotland's not been bad for apprenticeships here - i'd plough more money into that rather than, maybe it's changed in recent years i don't know, the obsession with almost forcing folk into the Uni route.

For sure, apprenticeship's where it's at. Too many graduates piling in to the market with ever-worthless degrees that no one can accommodate, whereas with apprenticeships you get hands-on experience and an actual trade, which will serve young people better going forward.

Unlike the days when apprenticeships were not so in vogue and degrees were all the rage!

people can think what they want but so far 41 people have died from getting the Astrazeneca vaccine while 6.3 million people have died from Covid 19. The story about the child going to his father's funeral shortly after the Astrazeneca vaccine is sad but so is this and there are many more stories
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Is that true? I'm asking because I was under the impression the data suggested natural immunity would have reaped similar rewards.

Isn't the efficacy of the vaccines what many are questioning, and the lack of data to support their benefits. I only ask because maybe I am living in a bubble, feeding off my limited sources of news.
One of the problems with 'natural immunity' is that you have to get infected first before the immune system can respond by producing antibodies. If you are unlucky enough to be exposed in the future, the immune system recognises the illness, and produces antibodies that usually prevent another infection. In fact, it is possible to develop life-long immunity from an infection, but that depends very much on the illness contracted.

In the case of COVID-19, current research does not show 'natural immunity' being a lifelong safeguard, but this is still under investigation.

Also, due to the nature of COVID-19, serious health issues can result from the infection, and again, it is not currently known how natural immunity, given its potentially short shelf-life, will react.

It's just wrought financial devastation that'll take years to recover from, just as we'd slowly seen the green shoots of recovery post-2008....

And what with Interest Rates climbing another quarter percent, and seemingly no one wanting to adopt full-time work anymore, employers can't even fill vacancies, as everyone sees out their days based on customized lifestyle modifications 🤷‍♂️

I just sense we'll see more of these occurrences, and a long road ahead of austerity, a workshy economy and disruptions aplenty...
I agree wholeheartedly.

The financial devastation from COVID-19 "protective measures", combined with what is now happening in Ukraine/Russia, has created the perfect storm for a new Great Depression that very few will be able to escape from some of the consequences..

One of the problems with 'natural immunity' is that you have to get infected first before the immune system can respond by producing antibodies. If you are unlucky enough to be exposed in the future, the immune system recognises the illness, and produces antibodies that usually prevent another infection. In fact, it is possible to develop life-long immunity from an infection, but that depends very much on the illness contracted.

In the case of COVID-19, current research does not show 'natural immunity' being a lifelong safeguard, but this is still under investigation.

Also, due to the nature of COVID-19, serious health issues can result from the infection, and again, it is not currently known how natural immunity, given its potentially short shelf-life, will react.
Imo the 'natural immunity' route started making alot of sense for people under 50 when the Omicron variant outcompeted the other variants.
Super transmissible and unless im mistaken it was also a bit milder than previous variants.

We didnt really have lockdowns here, but there were some restricitons for stores,pubs etc.
All those were removed in i think all Nordic countries around the same time Omicron took over.
No massive rise in hospitalisation/death that i can remember from any of the Nordic countries.

My biggest issue with the vaccine (i took the first two shots) is that it does not stop you from getting covid, it does not stop you from spreading covid. Yes it makes the symptoms milder, but for people under 50 mild symptoms is what the vast majority gets even without the vaccine.
You also mentioned shelf-life, but that is also very much a problem with the vaccine. You only have 2-3 months with decent protection and then it rapidly drops.

"Protection against infection is likely short-term, lasting less than six months, but protection against severe disease appears more robust, researchers with the U.K. Health Security Agency
Friday.
Specifically, the researchers found that right after the third shot of the Pfizer vaccine, protection against a symptomatic infection is pretty good. Two weeks after the shot, the booster cuts the risk by about 70%.
But that protection falls quickly. By three months, the booster reduces the risk of a symptomatic infection only by about 50%.
In a second
, the U.K. researchers estimate the protection will decline even further, dropping to about 40% about four months after the third shot."

If you look at the adverse effects list that Pfizer was forced to release (instead of hiding it for 75 years) you will quickly see why i choose to not take a booster every 3 months just to keep my protection up.
Im young-ish and have no underlying conditions, looking at the mortality rate for my group (30-40 years no underlying conditons) i really dont feel like i have any need to boost (get it) my odds.

Imo its time to start treating it like the flu vaccine, its given to the elderly and people at risk.
We had no lockdowns or mandates in Sweden and still did just fine, we could have done better but i bet you we had a happier population than all the countries that had forced vaccines and lockdowns.

Mr Yellowstone Bear, I didn't want to get involved in a vaccine vs natural immunity argument. All I was providing - or attempting to - were some facts about natural immunity, how it works, and what researchers are beginning to discover about its "shelf-life".

1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back