Claverham 'gimp suit' man terrifies woman in village

I am sorry but the thread title does not seem to be right.

Gimp suits are not stereo-typically worn by Gay people. They are worn by straight people as well.

So I find this very offensive.
agreed. Gimp suits are mostly a penchant for the bdsm community, straight, gay or otherwise.
While I undeerstand the 'joke', by all accounts, the man is likely straight, being male and the victim a woman so the title doesn't seem to fit the story and could be read as derogatory

Reading the story I find it unbelievable as how did she have the time to take a photo, if that was me I would be running for my life :eek2:
I saw a FB post not long back, these boys - teens, w/e, 'saved' a dog stuck in a reservoir and filmed it and were applauded for their heroics
All I could think was, staged as ef, rotten lil bastiches probably chucked it in to 'rescue' it because who the frick stops to pull out their camera for likes - id have dived head in to get it out

I saw a FB post not long back, these boys - teens, w/e, 'saved' a dog stuck in a reservoir and filmed it and were applauded for their heroics
All I could think was, staged as ef, rotten lil bastiches probably chucked it in to 'rescue' it because who the frick stops to pull out their camera for likes - id have dived head in to get it out

:eek2:

Update, the woman has released another statement about the incident.
Reporters asking if the woman was ok, got this answer.

Jokes aside, its probably some creep getting off on being seen and "humiliated".
Usually the ones wearing the suits are not the dominant ones, if i remember my fetishes correctly. =)

I am sorry but the thread title does not seem to be right.

Gimp suits are not stereo-typically worn by Gay people. They are worn by straight people as well.

So I find this very offensive.
Yes, indeed but if in the UK you'll know I'm referring to the Little Britain comedy sketch where Dafydd dresses up in them and wanders around the village. And I did say it's NOT a Dafydd….

Reading the story I find it unbelievable as how did she have the time to take a photo, if that was me I would be running for my life :eek2:

Yes, that's what struck me as odd...:confused:

agreed. Gimp suits are mostly a penchant for the bdsm community, straight, gay or otherwise.
While I undeerstand the 'joke', by all accounts, the man is likely straight, being male and the victim a woman so the title doesn't seem to fit the story and could be read as derogatory
Shockingly sexual preference-assumptive. :eek2:
He may have been scaring the women out of the area first...:laugh:

Yes, indeed but if in the UK you'll know I'm referring to the Little Britain comedy sketch where Dafydd dresses up in them and wanders around the village. And I did say it's NOT a Dafydd….

I could not care less if your post was even meant for a bit of fun, at the end of the day, your title was totally out of order and you are basically making fun of people who are gay, by referencing it and linking Gimp Suits to Gay people. It is irrelevant that you said the word Dafydd in your post as well.

So if it is acceptable on this forum for staff members and members alike to make these type of derogatory posts and joke about gay people, then it is a forum I do not want to partake in.

I could not care less if your post was even meant for a bit of fun, at the end of the day, your title was totally out of order and you are basically making fun of people who are gay, by referencing it and linking Gimp Suits to Gay people. It is irrelevant that you said the word Dafydd in your post as well.

So if it is acceptable on this forum for staff members and members alike to make these type of derogatory posts and joke about gay people, then it is a forum I do not want to partake in.
I didn't take it that way - that Dunover was making fun of gay people. He was making fun of people wearing gimp suits - and sometime those dudes are gay. Look at American Horror Story season 1. That's what sprung to mind when I saw the article - that and Pulp Fiction. No one is making fun of gay people in this thread - just making fun of people wearing gimp suits who run around scaring people.

I didn't take it that way - that Dunover was making fun of gay people. He was making fun of people wearing gimp suits - and sometime those dudes are gay. Look at American Horror Story season 1. That's what sprung to mind when I saw the article - that and Pulp Fiction. No one is making fun of gay people in this thread - just making fun of people wearing gimp suits who run around scaring people.

But again that is beside the point how you read it. People who are gay will see it differently. That is the problem when there is this type of thread created. What it does is it makes people question why on earth would they even name a thread in such a way. Does that person have a problem with gay people etc etc.

It looks like you are defending dunover. Which of course would be the case, but you also have to look at it from another perspective like I pointed out to you. Yes comedians make fun and joke about all type of things and people and what not. But that is beside the point. The point is, this is not a joking matter. You can not Link an Item of clothing to a specific population who are gay just because it appeared in a UK tv show many many many years ago. If you also must know the UK humour has changed a lot since Little Britain, and this day and age a lot of comedians tries to stay well clear about joking about sexuality.

In an ideal world, sexual orientation should never ever matter. That has moved on a lot over the years and Gay Marriage has also became more common in more countries. But still their is a lot of hate towards gay people even in the UK and all other countries. Because people still think it is not right. So I really do ask you to think again about your stance on the title. And maybe change it and edit the OP.

Thanks!

But again that is beside the point how you read it. People who are gay will see it differently. That is the problem when there is this type of thread created. What it does is it makes people question why on earth would they even name a thread in such a way. Does that person have a problem with gay people etc etc.

It looks like you are defending dunover. Which of course would be the case, but you also have to look at it from another perspective like I pointed out to you. Yes comedians make fun and joke about all type of things and people and what not. But that is beside the point. The point is, this is not a joking matter. You can not Link an Item of clothing to a specific population who are gay just because it appeared in a UK tv show many many many years ago. If you also must know the UK humour has changed a lot since Little Britain, and this day and age a lot of comedians tries to stay well clear about joking about sexuality.

In an ideal world, sexual orientation should never ever matter. That has moved on a lot over the years and Gay Marriage has also became more common in more countries. But still their is a lot of hate towards gay people even in the UK and all other countries. Because people still think it is not right. So I really do ask you to think again about your stance on the title. And maybe change it and edit the OP.

Thanks!

Look - for the last time the thread title refers to the classic BBC comedy sketches that UK posters would almost certainly have seen a few years ago. The focus was the outrageous fetish stuff Dafydd used to wear about the village to shock people. So we have a news article about a village and a man wearing a gimp suit to shock. Hence the comparison. You will also notice the question mark after the thread title because if this character is ever apprehended, he may or may not turn out to be gay.

The thread was in The Attic, where weird and arcane stuff goes. Yeah, perhaps I should have known that the subject matter would invoke the fury of those whom seek the slightest hint of any prejudice they perceive and will be eager to scream accusations from the rooftops. The thread was never intended that way and most people spotted that and replied in the same spirit with their own odd comments.

If we all have to pander to the views of the few and walk on eggshells continuously, the world will end up with less laughs and smiles than a pox doctor's waiting room. :(

Thanks!
As a gay person I was a little surprised when I opened the thread and the story was about the Somerset man I had read yesterday, I am no snowflake I grew up in an era of the 80s and 90s, I even still watch On The Buses and other comedies that are now frowned upon, it's probably a comment I may even have made myself had I had a clear head today, but we no longer live in an era where you can say what you like we are now in an era where anyone can be offended and sadly even alluding to a stalking man being gay is frowned upon.

Perhaps in the interests of all concerned it maybe be best to close this thread or even delete it and move on before it escalates.

What I would say is don't let being gay mean people cannot have a joke DreamRJ most humour is aimed at a specific part of a person and gay people can be a joke as much as a mother in law or whoever let's not lose our sense of humour we all have a right to be a source of humour if it is done right.

That's what I thought when I saw the title and read the article and then thought God Damn I hope this doesn't turn into something similar to the creepy clown sightings.

But again that is beside the point. It appears I am actually just banging my head against a wall here in getting my point across. Yes you kinda partially if what a little tiny bit acknowledge that you should have worded it differently.

Just because it is in the attic it also makes no difference where it is. Where ever it is, it is still in a public forum for anyone to find and see. Regardless so again, that is not even an excuse or explanation that brushes with me I am afraid. I see it in a totally different way. And believe me I am probably not alone either.

We all know that I have been open in this forum in the past and members know about me. So be it, if they do not like certain sexual orientated people, then that is beside the point. They should not be allowed to even attempt to make fun of or link to any type of derogatory content or posts that could and can be seen as an attack towards those group of people. Enough said. I will not back down on this. As I said, I am totally offended by your OP and also now the way you are trying to give explanations for it is also further angering and upsetting me further. There is no excuse for it.

As a gay person I was a little surprised when I opened the thread and the story was about the Somerset man I had read yesterday, I am no snowflake I grew up in an era of the 80s and 90s, I even still watch On The Buses and other comedies that are now frowned upon, it's probably a comment I may even have made myself had I had a clear head today, but we no longer live in an era where you can say what you like we are now in an era where anyone can be offended and sadly even alluding to a stalking man being gay is frowned upon.

Perhaps in the interests of all concerned it maybe be best to close this thread or even delete it and move on before it escalates.

What I would say is don't let being gay mean people cannot have a joke DreamRJ most humour is aimed at a specific part of a person and gay people can be a joke as much as a mother in law or whoever let's not lose our sense of humour we all have a right to be a source of humour if it is done right.

I agree, the thread needs to be deleted!

But again that is beside the point. It appears I am actually just banging my head against a wall here in getting my point across. Yes you kinda partially if what a little tiny bit acknowledge that you should have worded it differently.

Just because it is in the attic it also makes no difference where it is. Where ever it is, it is still in a public forum for anyone to find and see. Regardless so again, that is not even an excuse or explanation that brushes with me I am afraid. I see it in a totally different way. And believe me I am probably not alone either.

We all know that I have been open in this forum in the past and members know about me. So be it, if they do not like certain sexual orientated people, then that is beside the point. They should not be allowed to even attempt to make fun of or link to any type of derogatory content or posts that could and can be seen as an attack towards those group of people. Enough said. I will not back down on this. As I said, I am totally offended by your OP and also now the way you are trying to give explanations for it is also further angering and upsetting me further. There is no excuse for it.
There is no law against being offended and there should never be one. Why should being gay mean that you cannot be a subject for any sort of humourous comments, since when did us gay people become so upset by anything comedians throughout the last 40 years have used gay, size, gender etc for humour, I really do wish sometimes we had not left the 90s no wonder so many people are depressed when all they do is look for offence. I am saying this as a gay person with gay friends etc etc.

If this kind of post would come from someone else than Dunover then it probably would get a different kind of vibe for me at least. But Dunover isn't what you'd call an open-minded person :p Hope I'm wrong though! But it's just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back