Brexit - whats the difference.....

Whence does this red tape come?

You like cars Chop, they're mandating all new cars from 2022 have to have a built in speed limit regulator, they're meddlesome like busybodies on a powertrip, able to circumvent democracy.

The red tape is a direct result of the UK choosing to remove itself from one of the biggest free trade blocs in the world and make itself a third country, and additionally making the choice to leave both the Single Market and the Customs Union.

We did it to ourselves.

As for the speed limiter it will be possible to turn it off (same as you can turn off engine start/stop systems), although as a general principle I don't object to them, as much as I'm a petrolhead, the correct place to go really fast in cars is on the track. I mean, it's hard to argue the case that not being able to break the law by speeding is some sort of unacceptable limitation on one's personal freedom..

Also, the UK is following the EU on this anyway because manufacturers won't want to homologate cars specifically for the UK market, so as with so much in a post-Brexit world, we end up doing what the EU does anyway, but we don't have input into the creation of the rules, which we had when we were an EU member.

The red tape is a direct result of the UK choosing to remove itself from one of the biggest free trade blocs in the world and make itself a third country, and additionally making the choice to leave both the Single Market and the Customs Union.

We did it to ourselves.

As for the speed limiter it will be possible to turn it off (same as you can turn off engine start/stop systems), although as a general principle I don't object to them, as much as I'm a petrolhead, the correct place to go really fast in cars is on the track. I mean, it's hard to argue the case that not being able to break the law by speeding is some sort of unacceptable limitation on one's personal freedom..

Also, the UK is following the EU on this anyway because manufacturers won't want to homologate cars specifically for the UK market, so as with so much in a post-Brexit world, we end up doing what the EU does anyway, but we don't have input into the creation of the rules, which we had when we were an EU member.
That was not the question re red tape, just because the eu-ssr have ruled some practice doesn't make it automatically right/sensible.

Sometimes you have to go over the speed limit in order to avoid something, perform a takeover etc...I'd hoped you wouldn't think i'd be against it just so that morons were free to keep routinely speeding.

p
That was not the question re red tape, just because the eu-ssr have ruled some practice doesn't make it automatically right/sensible.

Sometimes you have to go over the speed limit in order to avoid something, perform a takeover etc...I'd hoped you wouldn't think i'd be against it just so that morons were free to keep routinely speeding.
gf.gif
Are you allowed to go over the limit for a takeover?
I dont think thats allowed here (technically atleast, everyone performing a takeover will be over the limit)

Apparently it will have an override facility whereby you deeply push the accelerator down, so they obviously understand the need sometimes.
I think if just going by the law here, its only ok to go over the limit in emergencies.
And not like 'i had to get home before the pizza got cold' kind of emergencies. (they dont respect pizza enough here imo)

But its nothing thats enforced, because everyone passing someone will brifely be over the limit.
I guess you could get unlucky and be caught by a speedtrap/camera while passing someone, and i dont think 'i was just passing someone' would help much in such a situtation.

I think people thats constantly passing/overtaking people need to slow down a bit, like slow down their lives (and cars i guess)
Its like the people you see walking/running in escalators, like wtf, its literally built so you dont have to do that.
Unless you are walking in escalators 8 hours per day the 2 seconds you save walking up one, or the seconds you save passing someone in traffic wont really make a difference. (makes a difference in accident statistics tho)
The dude you passed 10 minutes back will catch up when you hit the next red light anyway, so whats the point.

Whence does this red tape come?

You like cars Chop, they're mandating all new cars from 2022 have to have a built in speed limit regulator, they're meddlesome like busybodies on a powertrip, able to circumvent democracy.
I'm surprised the Krauts will go for that, given they don't have speed limits on their autobahns....

I'm surprised the Krauts will go for that, given they don't have speed limits on their autobahns....

It's governed by GPS and/or equipment installed on the roads themselves, so where there are no speed limits, such as German autobahns or many roads on the Isle of Man, the limiter will be completely disabled.

British tourists at Schiphol airport learning that ending freedom of movement also applies to them.

As economies start to open up again post-Covid, this will be far more of a thing going forward.

For the EU.

View attachment 157988

For the Brits and everyone else.

View attachment 157989
Hate to burst your bubble Chop, but EU citizens can use the E gates still in the UK with a biometric passport.

So would expect the agreement to be bilateral too.

Attachments

• 0AB37128-B2F1-4259-91F1-5E0C3FF3C6D7.png
    0AB37128-B2F1-4259-91F1-5E0C3FF3C6D7.png
    103.8 KB · Views: 7
If you want i can come over and play (undercover of course due to the new rules)
Swedes have a long history of helping Scottish teams.

You can pay me in haggis.

Can't let that nonsense stand....
Your man Larsson also played in this game, where he was as much use as a brown toilet block.

It's governed by GPS and/or equipment installed on the roads themselves, so where there are no speed limits, such as German autobahns or many roads on the Isle of Man, the limiter will be completely disabled.
Oh great, so we won't have motor bikes randomly braking and killing their riders in the TT races then?

I see nothing wrong with my post.
He still helped a Scottish team win, which is what i said in my post.
Hah!
Just for clarity's sake, the reference 'brown toilet block' is not because he is brown, but in the UK we use a lot of those cistern blocks which dye your toilet water say green or blue (especially for the C*lt*c and Rangers fans respectively). So it would be daft to have say a yellow or brown toilet block which made your bog look unflushed and dirty. Just in case I get a woke-attack.

Just for clarity's sake, the reference 'brown toilet block' is not because he is brown, but in the UK we use a lot of those cistern blocks which dye your toilet water say green or blue (especially for the C*lt*c and Rangers fans respectively). So it would be daft to have say a yellow or brown toilet block which made your bog look unflushed and dirty. Just in case I get a woke-attack.
You got it backwards, brown toilet block would make perfect sense.
You would never have to clean your toilet again,

'Hey man, your toilet is gross, you should clean it'

'Nah, its just my brown toilet block making it look like its dirty'

Oh, and i did misunderstand, but not in the woke-attack way.
I thought a toilet block was just the british term for those urinal things (is it urinal cakes they are called)

Not a good word for them, they taste nothing like cake.
Yes, urinal cakes or often incorrectly called 'moth balls' as they smell like them.

As I mentioned recently brexit is not simply a matter of the EU and the UK. Worldwide events matter yet I have seen no mention from Chops on worldly influences despite him being the poster who keeps fueling this thread.
The EU are already in dispute with each other over migration from Afghanistan and that situation is only just beginning.
The EU will become in conflict with each other over Migration and I can foresee it only adding to the very delicate relationship between members and adding to the very debatable existence of the EU.
If the EU do fold then would anti brexit supporters agree that the UK dodged a bullet? :)
Frances Macron said that Illegal migration from Afghan should be robust enough to"protect Europe from illegal migration" But he does not apply that thinking to the English channel.
Poland,Hungary,Greece and Italy among other members will make things very difficult for the EU in coming months. That is besides other EU issues.
As an aside I can just imagine Biden with his advisors talking about the emerging threat of China asking what they can do to counteract their threat being told to have a military presence in Afghanistan and replying "where is that? We must invade them tomorrow"
:p

Just wondering whether any other countries will leave, and it crossed my mind the average european [if there is such a thing] probably regards the eu as some benign entity similar to the eurovision show, bringing all the nations together in a friendly embrace. Going to take another 10 years for that image to change significantly, as the eu won't stand still, influential people like verhofstadt want to push on with their ideas. Countries like china look like they're racing, with all the development, but to where, & when do things slow down.

As I mentioned recently brexit is not simply a matter of the EU and the UK. Worldwide events matter yet I have seen no mention from Chops on worldly influences despite him being the poster who keeps fueling this thread.
The EU are already in dispute with each other over migration from Afghanistan and that situation is only just beginning.
The EU will become in conflict with each other over Migration and I can foresee it only adding to the very delicate relationship between members and adding to the very debatable existence of the EU.
If the EU do fold then would anti brexit supporters agree that the UK dodged a bullet? :)
Frances Macron said that Illegal migration from Afghan should be robust enough to"protect Europe from illegal migration" But he does not apply that thinking to the English channel.
Poland,Hungary,Greece and Italy among other members will make things very difficult for the EU in coming months. That is besides other EU issues.
As an aside I can just imagine Biden with his advisors talking about the emerging threat of China asking what they can do to counteract their threat being told to have a military presence in Afghanistan and replying "where is that? We must invade them tomorrow"
:p

There have always been tensions and disagreements within the EU about all manner of things, the trick these days is we sort it all out with diplomacy instead of going to war. (And lest we forget the huge number of exemptions and special 'internal deals' the UK used to get as a member as we had some real clout within the EU, which of course we've flushed down the toilet now.)

As for the 'collapse of the EU' which at the last count has been imminently collapsing ever since the referendum and has yet to do so (and indeed public support for EU membership in other EU countries has increased since Brexit as everyone else in the EU has seen what a shitshow it's been for us), it's not exactly a Brexit benefit to say 'Ahhhh but if Thing X happens in five years time then Brexit will on some level have been vindicated'.

I mean, they didn't put on the side of the bus did they? 'VOTE LEAVE - SHIT THINGS MIGHT HAPPEN TO OTHER PEOPLE IN A FEW YEARS TIME WHICH WE'LL HAVE AVOIDED BECAUSE WE LEFT'.

A case in point, I knew even before i looked that he'd be arguing again for this, on the basis of current events:

Wouldn't be such a bad thing, would actually bolster the UK army somewhat since our own army is woefully underfunded, under-resourced and poorly equipped.

The UK army has never been weaker.

(If you've got a bit of time to spare, have a read up on the new 'Ajax' armoured vehicles that the UK army is buying.)

I mean, every single EU country is our ally, what's scary about joining forces with them against genuine threats elsewhere in the world?

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

1629793466466.png
1629793479486.png

I'll do these so you don't have to.

'McDonald's is junk food so I'm glad they've run out'
'Might help to reduce obesity so it's a good thing'
'LOL WHO EATS MCDONALD'S I HAVEN'T TOUCHED THAT FOR YEARS'
'I only drink British milk from my local farm so I'm not affected'
'This will mean that nice Mr Farage is protected from having milkshakes thrown at him'

etc

Firms from a number of sectors in the UK have been battling with a supply chain crisis due to a shortage of lorry drivers. They blame post-Brexit EU immigration rules, Covid-19 restrictions and self-isolation rules.

Business groups representing the retail and transport sectors have been calling for the government to reverse its decision not to grant temporary work visas to drivers from the EU.

1629794989251.png
1629795138502.png

Wouldn't be such a bad thing, would actually bolster the UK army somewhat since our own army is woefully underfunded, under-resourced and poorly equipped.

The UK army has never been weaker.

(If you've got a bit of time to spare, have a read up on the new 'Ajax' armoured vehicles that the UK army is buying.)

I mean, every single EU country is our ally, what's scary about joining forces with them against genuine threats elsewhere in the world?

View attachment 158020
View attachment 158021

So you've thought this before, 'the EU needs an army'- a body you described as a technocracy? Who would decide the threats and whether to act?

Have you had or got any instances in mind where you'd like to see an EU army in action? [genuine threats i guess]

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back