A temporary Moment of Insanity...

ksech

Dormant account
Back in May I lost one of my 4 legged furry babies, she was 14 years old. In june, my son finally took his 11 year old female lab to his new house. So, being down 2 "babies" I get this brilliant idea that I need a new baby to help fill the void.

Now, I still have an 11 year old cat and a 16 year old cat, a 12 year old german shepherd/husky mix dog and 3 - 10 year old lab/shepherd mix dogs. My daughters' cat has a litter of kittens, she has one left she can't find a home for. My youngest grandson says..."Grammy, you need to take her home so you have someone to keep you company. And then I know she will be well taken care of." Okay, grammy's a sap! :p

Let me tell you, WTH WAS I THINKING!!! She's 8 months old and totally undisciplined! She climbs the curtains, hangs off the door, torments the others cats AND the dogs. No throw rugs are safe, she has shredded the shower curtain, and she will attack anything that moves (including feet!).

Now, I can leave a steak dinner sitting on the table for 7 hours and not one dog or cat will touch it until they are given the okay. Not this thing! She ate half a sandwich in under 2 minutes the other day, the little thief! :eek: I seriously think I need my head re-examined...

Attachments

• babypita 001.jpg
    babypita 001.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 168
  • babypita 002.jpg
    babypita 002.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 165
Awww she's so cute. How can something so cute be so bad? She just thought you fixed the sandwhich for her....honest mistake! :p

ohhhh.... cats are usually monsters till they're a year old or so. You only have a few more months to wait till she (hopefully) settles down. LOL

Even when we've raised and try to train them from tiny kittens they go thru this horrible stage. Come home from work and every box of kleenex in the house was shredded to bits and all over everything! Toilet paper strewn everywhere on other days... Every lamp and/or vase knocked over... Cat hair all over the stove top.... Ack! LOL

Mine are 7 and 16 now, so they're all grown up and pretty much know how to behave, but boy.... getting them there....

And then again, there are some cats that just aren't made to live indoors. LOL

Good luck! And she's a precious little monster. :D

She plays very hard and when she's done NOTHING wakes her up for about 2 hours. The other cats and dogs come out from hiding lol.

My dogs are very disciplined. They won't take food from people they don't know, they don't leave the yard (even though I have begged them to leave on several occassions :D, just joking!), on bath day, I only have to tell the first one bath tub and then the rest will follow suit. The cats only go on their part of the counter where their food is (except for the baby, she's ALL over the place!).

The baby hasn't found the roll of toilet paper yet (thank God!) or the tissues, she has found where I put those silly plastic grocery bags though. And the other day I didn't get the fridge closed all the way. Came home and there she sat on the bottom shelf like a little princess on her throne. All in all though, she does make me laugh, so I guess she's a keeper. I just need to relearn patience. LOL

Cats are worth it :D She looks very cute. Great that she gets on with the other pets though :thumbsup:

Little Pita

Back in May I lost one of my 4 legged furry babies, she was 14 years old. In june, my son finally took his 11 year old female lab to his new house. So, being down 2 "babies" I get this brilliant idea that I need a new baby to help fill the void.

Now, I still have an 11 year old cat and a 16 year old cat, a 12 year old german shepherd/husky mix dog and 3 - 10 year old lab/shepherd mix dogs. My daughters' cat has a litter of kittens, she has one left she can't find a home for. My youngest grandson says..."Grammy, you need to take her home so you have someone to keep you company. And then I know she will be well taken care of." Okay, grammy's a sap! :p

Let me tell you, WTH WAS I THINKING!!! She's 8 months old and totally undisciplined! She climbs the curtains, hangs off the door, torments the others cats AND the dogs. No throw rugs are safe, she has shredded the shower curtain, and she will attack anything that moves (including feet!).

Now, I can leave a steak dinner sitting on the table for 7 hours and not one dog or cat will touch it until they are given the okay. Not this thing! She ate half a sandwich in under 2 minutes the other day, the little thief! :eek: I seriously think I need my head re-examined...

Awww but she's so cute though! My 6 month old puppy has no discipline at all and I am the worst when it comes to disciplining animals. Unlike kids, you can't tell them why they are in trouble. It sounds like you know how to handle your furry friends. Just give it some time and she'll be as sweet as she is cute! Thanks for sharing :)

She's a cutie and remember how dull it was before her? lol In 06 I had to put my dog down and lost 2 cats all in the same 3 months and one day after all of that, in walks this 6 month old orange tabby talking a mile a minute and he hasn't stopped talking since. He calls me maaaahm and opens dresser drawers and is working hard trying to open doorknobs. (he can turn some of them but hasn't figured out the push part) thank God. If I ignore him, he opens my dresser drawers and pulls everything out. He did the top 2 drawers once and of course toppled the whole thing over frontwise. When he was younger, often when I'd walk down the dark hallway to the kitchen, here he'd come flying thru the air and and hit me like a tiger on his prey except that he'd hit and then run. Scare the sh-t out of me every time. He's 12+ lbs so you knew you'd been hit. But that little guy has brought so much life back into our house, I'm sure the little devil was heaven sent. :)

Attachments

• kiki2.jpg
    kiki2.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 53
awww....she's so cute! All kittens are a bit of a PITA - puppies too actually. When I first got my dog he was a maniac, now he's slowing down and getting a little grey on his muzzle and getting up a little slower - it makes me sad and I wish he was still a rambunctious puppy.

Okay, question for you kitty lovers! Will spicy food hurt the kitty?
My dog won't eat it and my other cats won't even go near it, but Pita ate some of my spicy spaghetti. It doesn't seem to have bothered her, but I don't think she got too much of it before I caught her eating out of the pot (as it was still quite warm temperaturewise). It has tabasco, chili powder, crushed red pepper and cayenne pepper mixed in the sauce :oops:

My dog won't eat it and my other cats won't even go near it, but Pita ate some of my spicy spaghetti. It doesn't seem to have bothered her, but I don't think she got too much of it before I caught her eating out of the pot (as it was still quite warm temperaturewise). It has tabasco, chili powder, crushed red pepper and cayenne pepper mixed in the sauce :oops:

It can't be good for them so I'd watch her closely. I'd guess it's like chocolate which is poisonous to dogs and cats but if they only eat a small bit it shouldn't affect them. Spicey stuff won't suit their palette.

My parents used to have a pet store. So I know a thing or two about it all.
Spicy food is very bad for them, and in the long run will cause stomach problems, so especially when they get old. Even the for us humans normal spices, like pepper and such. So if you give them food you eat yourself, like meat, don't feed them the outer skin/spiced up parts.

It's bad for me too I guess :p Damnit I wish I was asian. I love spicy food, even the most extreme stuff which makes the tears run from my eyes :D

Hard to say.lol my 2 tabby kittens timone and pumbaa chewed on little Xmas balls made of glass:what: when they were kittens. he passed on at 6 yrs with some kind of digestion/bowl problem so... ???? and she's 12, fat and happy so 50/50? Cats are pretty smart and know what they should and shouldn't eat. Kiki (above) loves salad (no dressing except mayo) but others wouldn't touch lettuce with a ten foot pole.
They used to think garlic was good for worms years ago. that's kinda spicy isn't it. A vet once told me I was killing my animals slowly by feeding them scraps and I said ME TOO what else is new? Cant be much worse than putting the insecticide on them once a month. I hate that stuff. Don't touch my skin but ok on theirs? yeah right. It's hard to know all that stuff sometimes but I figure if their eyes look clear, coats shinny and healthy and they live to 14 - 19 I'm doing pretty good except poor little timone :(

Thanks for the replies, she seems to be okay (using the litter box a little more than normal), but it doesn't seem to have done any harm.

I like really REALLY spicy foods (the kind that makes your eyes water before it gets to your nose types :D), so I'll have to be careful when I'm cooking to make sure she doesn't sample LOL (They say you should eat a teaspoon of cayenne pepper a day to keep the stomach acids active ;), but they also say you should eat a clove of garlic a day too so you can reduce your cholestrol, you won't get worms and you won't be attacked by vampyres! LOL And your friends won't want you breathing on them either :lolup:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back