World Gone Mad!?

No I haven't seen those threads Harry, I like reading personal accounts of journeys etc..travel books use to be my favourite. If I won a million pounds, a fair bit would be spent on travel. With all your traveling to different countries, what is your food policy and have you ever got bad food poisoning :rolleyes:, whats the worst/best food you have eaten?

Food policy - none :D ....eat on the street what you find wherever it's possible and best far off the mainstream areas. :D

Never ever had any food poisoning during my travels. Having a good stomach is certainly a big advantage when you travel a lot.

Worst food must be the monkey brain we were served once at a top government conference in China. The monkeys were beaten first, then slaughtered just before serving. Apparently, the added adrenaline makes the brain tastier. I didn't know about the procedure, nor what it really is at first, but my Chinese agent couldn't wait to gulp it down. :rolleyes:

Others include beef arteries, braised duck beak, century eggs, dog, meal worm (non-fried, disgustingly gooey), scorpion and a few more. My approach has always been to try everything at least once, if I like it I'll eat it again, if not I'll spit it out in the worst case.

Best foods is difficult to say as there have been many moments in the last 3 decades where I felt that the meal I was having was the best ever. My grandmother used to say: "Every time you are very, very hungry, the food on the table will be the best ever." :)

I had quite a few occasions where I experienced a pleasant surprise. One in Saigon has stayed in my memory where a local friend took me to one of the countless backyard eating places. Small plastic chairs, low metal tables and open-fire cooking outside. The food was just divine. They ordered some 10 dishes and with that you get a huge platter of big green leaves. No forks, no nothing other than those on the food plates. Everyone simply took a leaf and then placed some food on them, fresh mint leaves on top and rolled up to eat. It was literally an explosion of flavors.

Been scouring the net to find some pics which look similar:

capture 1345 (800x219).jpg

- Tom Yam Kung Soup - Soi 7, Sukhumvit, Bangkok (closed down a few years ago) - heavenly delicious cooked by a very old lady - Kung = seafood, Ka = chicken
- Chicken Noodle - Soi Sookjai, Sukhumvit 40, Bangkok - the best chicken soup I have ever eaten, only 30 Baht (GBP0.60). Had it countless times as they would set up their mobile stall every lunchtime close to my apartment.
- Pla Kapong Neung Manao - small street eating place next to The Montien Hotel, BKK, steamed fish with lime, garlic and chili - absolutely divine
- Best steak - St. Mary's, NSW, Australia, the cook would refuse to serve it well-done and he was right. :D
- Best curry - Fish Head Curry - Singapore, served with some strange looking buns, sooo tasty
- Best BBQ chicken - Abidjan, Ivory Coast - marinated chicken slapped on to a converted drum (cut in half), close to the beach. Plus a cold beer on the side! :)
- list by far not complete

I feel really blessed to have been able to experience so much in my life and food was always a big part of that. Not in the fancy restaurants, but anywhere on the street or some small eating places / family restaurants. Of course I had my fair share of high end dining when e.g. customers would invite me for dinners and those were surely very good too but IMO, you only experience real life when you roam the streets.

Last edited:
Food policy - none :D ....eat on the street what you find wherever it's possible and best far off the mainstream areas. :D

Never ever had any food poisoning during my travels. Having a good stomach is certainly a big advantage when you travel a lot.

Worst food must be the monkey brain we were served once at a top government conference in China. The monkeys were beaten first, then slaughtered just before serving. Apparently, the added adrenaline makes the brain tastier. I didn't know about the procedure, nor what it really is at first, but my Chinese agent couldn't wait to gulp it down. :rolleyes:

Others include beef arteries, braised duck beak, century eggs, dog, meal worm (non-fried, disgustingly gooey), scorpion and a few more. My approach has always been to try everything at least once, if I like it I'll eat it again, if not I'll spit it out in the worst case.

Best foods is difficult to say as there have been many moments in the last 3 decades where I felt that the meal I was having was the best ever. My grandmother used to say: "Every time you are very, very hungry, the food on the table will be the best ever." :)

I had quite a few occasions where I experienced a pleasant surprise. One in Saigon has stayed in my memory where a local friend took me to one of the countless backyard eating places. Small plastic chairs, low metal tables and open-fire cooking outside. The food was just divine. They ordered some 10 dishes and with that you get a huge platter of big green leaves. No forks, no nothing other than those on the food plates. Everyone simply took a leaf and then placed some food on them, fresh mint leaves on top and rolled up to eat. It was literally an explosion of flavors.

Been scouring the net to find some pics which look similar:

View attachment 92470

- Tom Yam Kung Soup - Soi 7, Sukhumvit, Bangkok (closed down a few years ago) - heavenly delicious cooked by a very old lady - Kung = seafood, Ka = chicken
- Chicken Noodle - Soi Sookjai, Sukhumvit 40, Bangkok - the best chicken soup I have ever eaten, only 30 Baht (GBP0.60). Had it countless times as they would set up their mobile stall every lunchtime close to my apartment.
- Pla Kapong Neung Manao - small street eating place next to The Montien Hotel, BKK, steamed fish with lime, garlic and chili - absolutely divine
- Best steak - St. Mary's, NSW, Australia, the cook would refuse to serve it well-done and he was right. :D
- Best curry - Fish Head Curry - Singapore, served with some strange looking buns, sooo tasty
- Best BBQ chicken - Abidjan, Ivory Coast - marinated chicken slapped on to a converted drum (cut in half), close to the beach. Plus a cold beer on the side! :)
- list by far not complete

I feel really blessed to have been able to experience so much in my life and food was always a big part of that. Not in the fancy restaurants, but anywhere on the street or some small eating places / family restaurants. Of course I had my fair share of high end dining when e.g. customers would invite me for dinners and those were surely very good too but IMO, you only experience real life when you roam the streets.

I think your grandmother was right, I thought afterwards I should have added 'some of the' best/worst, didn't mean to give you an impossible question :D. When I read about the monkeys, I said 'No, no,no..', poor little sods. Youve got a good stomach to handle all this different grub. Chinese food is probably my favourite though I haven't had the real authentic stuff and I have never mastered chopsticks. The only street food we get here is a dodgy hot dog or a cup of tea and a burger from a van set up outside BQ.

I think your grandmother was right, I thought afterwards I should have added 'some of the' best/worst, didn't mean to give you an impossible question :D. When I read about the monkeys, I said 'No, no,no..', poor little sods. Youve got a good stomach to handle all this different grub. Chinese food is probably my favourite though I haven't had the real authentic stuff and I have never mastered chopsticks. The only street food we get here is a dodgy hot dog or a cup of tea and a burger from a van set up outside BQ.

Grandmothers are always right, isn't it? :D

You'll be surprised how quickly you would master the chopsticks when you sit every day with 7 very hungry Chinese at a round table with all the food in the middle on a round turntable. :D :D

First time I went to China I spent 8 weeks at a factory in Suzhou and chopsticks were completely new to me. At lunch time they took me to the supervisor room where 7 - 8 people would sit on a table. Even if they wanted to help, there was just no normal cutlery available. The first two days I got so little food that I left the table just as hungry as before sitting down. The third day you couldn't tell the difference between me and the Chinese, except I did not spit the bones on to the table. That made me jump a few times. :rolleyes: .... It is amazing how quickly we humans can learn something when we have not other choice. :D

I can tell you from my own experience that the taste of the Chinese food in Europe has very little resemblance to what they have in China. It is much, much better.

Street food is wide spread in Asia and it is so cheap that it is not worth firing up the oven at home.

The one thing I always have is HOPE. Hope is what keeps us going. EVERYTHING I do in my life is to try to make other peoples lives better by helping them get resources whether it be mental health, substance abuse, medical conditions, my caseloads with the current government administration has SKYROCKETED beyond what I can handle. BUT I have hope.

Grandmothers are always right, isn't it? :D

You'll be surprised how quickly you would master the chopsticks when you sit every day with 7 very hungry Chinese at a round table with all the food in the middle on a round turntable. :D :D

First time I went to China I spent 8 weeks at a factory in Suzhou and chopsticks were completely new to me. At lunch time they took me to the supervisor room where 7 - 8 people would sit on a table. Even if they wanted to help, there was just no normal cutlery available. The first two days I got so little food that I left the table just as hungry as before sitting down. The third day you couldn't tell the difference between me and the Chinese, except I did not spit the bones on to the table. That made me jump a few times. :rolleyes: .... It is amazing how quickly we humans can learn something when we have not other choice. :D

I can tell you from my own experience that the taste of the Chinese food in Europe has very little resemblance to what they have in China. It is much, much better.

Street food is wide spread in Asia and it is so cheap that it is not worth firing up the oven at home.

That made me laugh I can just picture your first attempts and getting hardly a bite and then you get up to speed with the chinese. I was thinking exactly the same about not having to cook at home, being so lucky to have plenty of tasty street food, and with vegetables etc you've got so much choice and flavours.

Last edited:

I saw a documentary called faces of death many years ago and they had a table with a hole in the center where the monkey's head protruded. Then they used wooden mallets, well you can imagine the rest. Unfortunately, I still remember the image of the poor little guy.

Last edited:
That made me laugh I can just picture your first attempts and getting hardly a bite and then you get up to speed with the chinese. I was thinking exactly the same about not having to cook at home, being so lucky to have plenty of tasty street food, and with vegetables etc you've got so much choice and flavours.

Oh yes, the Chinese had a good laugh too. The problem was also that normally Chinese do not eat slowly, they mostly gulp the food down in a hurry. So anything on that round turntable was gone in no time. Certainly, not time enough for a "greenhorn" like me to fill his stomach. :D :D

What made matters worse was that at the time the hotels in Suzhou did not have many foreigners staying, if any at all. Hence, the breakfast was purely Chinese. Chicken claws, century eggs, salted fish, porridge and hot orange juice were the main items available for breakfast. After a week, I managed to get a least a cold drink but the food never changed.

Hence, at lunch I was really looking forward to put something proper into my stomach, which made the learning curve for the chopsticks in the first two days even more frustrating. :D

Then in the last week of my first 8 weeks on the project, I thought I am seeing a "Fata Morgana", I thought my eyes are deceiving me; a Pizza Hut opened in Suzhou, the first foreign food outlet in the city. They took me to the restaurant and it was just hilarious. Needless to say it was packed to the brim and since nobody knew Western food, they just ate like they eat Chinese food, multiple dishes at the same time. Hence, they ordered a range of starters, pizzas, noodles and desserts and all was brought to the table in one go. It was now their turn to learn something and I was happy to give them a few pointers. Their answer was so funny: "Why eat one after the other when all is on the table?" :D

Last edited:
I saw a documentary called face of death many years ago and they had a table with a hole in the center where the monkey's head protruded. Then they used wooden mallets, well you can imagine the rest. Unfortunately, I still remember the image of the poor little guy.

You should see what they do to the dogs, cats and bison rats! I couldn't stomach to eat any of the food and chastised myself for eating dog a few months earlier in a different location where I wasn't able to see what is happening before they "prepare" them.

I saw a documentary called faces of death many years ago and they had a table with a hole in the center where the monkey's head protruded. Then they used wooden mallets, well you can imagine the rest. Unfortunately, I still remember the image of the poor little guy.

heard of that film, it was termed a 'video nasty' here in the 80's, never watched it thank goodness

heard of that film, it was termed a 'video nasty' here in the 80's, never watched it thank goodness

They later came out and said it was staged.
I just watched the scene again on youtube, staged or not its still pretty heartbreaking.

Oh yes, the Chinese had a good laugh too. The problem was also that normally Chinese do not eat slowly, they mostly gulp the food down in a hurry. So anything on that round turntable was gone in no time. Certainly, not time enough for a "greenhorn" like me to fill his stomach. :D :D

What made matters worse was that at the time the hotels in Suzhou did not have many foreigners staying, if any at all. Hence, the breakfast was purely Chinese. Chicken claws, century eggs, salted fish, porridge and hot orange juice were the main items available for breakfast. After a week, I managed to get a least a cold drink but the food never changed.

Hence, at lunch I was really looking forward to put something proper into my stomach, which made the learning curve for the chopsticks in the first two days even more frustrating. :D

Then in the last week of my first 8 weeks on the project, I thought I am seeing a "Fata Morgana", I thought my eyes are deceiving me; a Pizza Hut opened in Suzhou, the first foreign food outlet in the city. They took me to the restaurant and it was just hilarious. Needless to say it was packed to the brim and since nobody knew Western food, they just ate like they eat Chinese food, multiple dishes at the same time. Hence, they ordered a range of starters, pizzas, noodles and desserts and all was brought to the table in one go. It was now their turn to learn something and I was happy to give them a few pointers. Their answer was so funny: "Why eat one after the other when all is on the table?" :D

just looked up century egg, oooh dear, porridge sounds ok :) You must have had a great experience exploring ancient suzhou, with the canals and traditional architecture. I see though they have now built a replica of tower bridge and also have the dutch village there too.

Last edited:
just looked up century egg, oooh dear, porridge sounds ok :) You must have had a great experience exploring ancient suzhou, with the canals and traditional architecture. I see though they have now built a replica of tower bridge and also have the dutch village there too.

Porridge is OK once in a while but not every day. And since I didn't like any of those "fine" condiments, it was plain porridge every day. :oops:

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see as much of Suzhou as I would have liked because we were working 08.00am - 06.00pm and that 6/7 every week. Add to that 45 minutes drive each way between hotel and factory and there is little left of the day. Plus, every single evening a group of workers would take me out first for dinner followed by KTV, sometimes in between a visit to a barber shop (which in China is often a cover for a massage parlor :rolleyes: :D ), every damn' evening. :D That was because at the time their company policy was that the company is paying all expenses. So every night minimum 5 of them would pick me up in a mini van and off we went on our daily bender. Ended mostly far after midnight, making it a real challenge to get up on time every morning. :D

Sunday I was hoping to have a nice, relaxed day for myself to explore the city but even for that day they were making plans since the company was always paying for the expenses. However, two weekends stood out from the entire experience when they took me to Nanjing, the old capital of China. Now that is a gem with so much history that you would need weeks to see it all.

I understood them as it was a freebie for them and since most were migrant workers they did not have a family to spend Sunday with. So I played along and had mostly a lot of fun but also a lot of hangovers. :D

The last time I went was in 2004, I can imagine that the city has changed dramatically since.

They later came out and said it was staged.
I just watched the scene again on youtube, staged or not its still pretty heartbreaking.

The movie might have been staged but that was still happening when I was there. And I am pretty sure the dogs cats etc. are still going through the same procedure today.

My Chinese agent told me that it was even worse in the old days. They would beat the sh*t out of the monkeys, quickly cut the entire head off plus the top of the scull, leaving it though as cover then serve the head on a plate. He said people were always looking for a fine haze coming from the head as that indicated that it was just slaughtered. Sickening. :eek:

The movie might have been staged but that was still happening when I was there. And I am pretty sure the dogs cats etc. are still going through the same procedure today.

My Chinese agent told me that it was even worse in the old days. They would beat the sh*t out of the monkeys, quickly cut the entire head off plus the top of the scull, leaving it though as cover then serve the head on a plate. He said people were always looking for a fine haze coming from the head as that indicated that it was just slaughtered. Sickening. :eek:

It was your post that made me think of it. The producer says it was based on an actual event.

I think humanity itself hasn't changed much since industrialization, in many ways for the entirety of recorded history.

By nature we are tribal, family-centric pack animals. For those in our circle there's very little we wouldn't do or give to ensure their health, safety and general well being, we've always been weary of those outside the circle, but as long as they posed no threat they were either treated as a friend or at worst generally dismissed as not important.

We've always been generally ignorant of the bigger picture, which worked just fine, the only picture necessary was the one we lived and died in. The only "knowledge", "education" or "information" that was necessary to the success of the pack was acquired through experience and necessity.

Then along came "civilization" and "society" led by the keepers of knowledge, helping the "uncivilized' to join the Bigger, Stronger, Tribe. The Only Tribe! Taught to value a new set of rules, a new set of leaders and a new way of life either by the book, the sword, or the example set by those who didn't adapt. In theory, it seemed like a good deal, smaller packs, working and living together to form one united pack, safe from all who would do us harm..

A quick google search for "monkeysphere" will introduce you to an idea that I always found rather fitting in giving a general overview of where things start to fall apart. When we started forming larger tribes, settlements, villages, towns, cities, states, countries, and finally a "world-view" and a requirement to find our place in it and help foster it's success.

I don't see that much has changed, except that the keepers of knowledge control ALL of the information, the sources that disseminate it and the institutions that instill it in us from birth until death, a steady drumbeat to march by, taught to fear our neighbors, mistrust the agenda of any who would question it's wisdom and to shun those who won't fall in line. The PACK above all else & FEAR! is its rally call.

But.. there's still little we wouldn't do for those in our personal pack, we still love, care, nurture and for the most part will treat any who aren't perceived as a threat and show they're well intentioned as one of our own. It's the world-view and the propagation of it that tries to teach us otherwise, to value a concept above our core truth contrary to our own nature.

Kind of hard to put it all into words, to simplify as much as possible, people are still generally good, just misinformed by design to keep us from questioning the complete absurdity of the "society" we find ourselves living in, why it's so much better than the way we lived before its monopoly took hold and why the needs of the few leading THE PACK are to be valued above and at the expense of the rest of us.

Just shhh.... here.. have another screen to stare at... fight online about left-right politics, bingewatch some more netflix, just make sure you're at work on time tomorrow.. society needs you.

Well it is good to see some of ya out and posting. It is just the fear's mentioned here that I'am speaking of.

And in MY life time? We could not hang onto it for a 100 year's.Sad! The idea that we the human's have actually thought so very much of ourself's and our intelligence as to cast a blind eye to our destruction.
Maybe we have lost the ability to be human? It appear's some of the smart we think we are is actually part of our animal instinct's taking over and we do hate with fervor and draw blood at any given time and place?

As to the EAST question I feel Singapore,Perth,Berlin,Rome,Shanghai,Macao,and I will try to pick up a few from these place's also.I have to see this shit happening? If the world is gonna implode I would like to take a look at all the fool's that are gonna cause it! And the food Harry is GREAT at most international port's of call. I love Thai,Chinese,Southern Caribe,Pulled chicken,pork man I get fat just thinking about it. I would very much like to try to have a few pint's with any of you that are in the places I'am going too. Maybe put some faces to the word's? I have my new cell with the best pic and video available and I have plan's for the 1st of August.

My wife will stay and I will go on my grand adventure.Stay POSTING PEP's! Peace Out! Out Of The Mist! shewoff

Well it is good to see some of ya out and posting. It is just the fear's mentioned here that I'am speaking of.

And in MY life time? We could not hang onto it for a 100 year's.Sad! The idea that we the human's have actually thought so very much of ourself's and our intelligence as to cast a blind eye to our destruction.
Maybe we have lost the ability to be human? It appear's some of the smart we think we are is actually part of our animal instinct's taking over and we do hate with fervor and draw blood at any given time and place?

As to the EAST question I feel Singapore,Perth,Berlin,Rome,Shanghai,Macao,and I will try to pick up a few from these place's also.I have to see this shit happening? If the world is gonna implode I would like to take a look at all the fool's that are gonna cause it! And the food Harry is GREAT at most international port's of call. I love Thai,Chinese,Southern Caribe,Pulled chicken,pork man I get fat just thinking about it. I would very much like to try to have a few pint's with any of you that are in the places I'am going too. Maybe put some faces to the word's? I have my new cell with the best pic and video available and I have plan's for the 1st of August.

My wife will stay and I will go on my grand adventure.Stay POSTING PEP's! Peace Out! Out Of The Mist! shewoff

That sounds like a great adventure.

You know that you can book a "Round The World" ticket with any of the alliances, e.g. Star Alliance which includes United, Singapore Airlines, Air New Zealand, Lufthansa, SAS, Turkish Airlines and some more. You only have to chose which direction you want to go, East or West, and then book the first 1 or 2 sectors or you can book them all if you want. The cost for up to 24,000 miles is about USD3,000 only.

I did it in 2003 going from Frankfurt - Singapore - Brisbane - Airlie Beach (Great Barrier Reef) - Sydney - Honolulu - LA - Las Vegas - Chicago - Frankfurt in 8 weeks. Paid EUR2,500 for one ticket at the time, for the second I used my air miles. The only thing is that you have to keep going into one direction but that shouldn't be a problem.

My experience over the years showed that you get less jet lag when you travel westwards.

Let me know if you get to Singapore, more than happy to meet for some local food and a few cold ones! :)

My avatar pic is a photo from the hotel in Airlie Beach. This is a pic when we were landing in Brisbane on a SQ Boeing 777 taken with my first ever digital camera. A Canon with a mere 3 megapixels, a dinosaur today. :D

m+m urlaub 086.jpg

Last edited:
Porridge is OK once in a while but not every day. And since I didn't like any of those "fine" condiments, it was plain porridge every day. :oops:

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see as much of Suzhou as I would have liked because we were working 08.00am - 06.00pm and that 6/7 every week. Add to that 45 minutes drive each way between hotel and factory and there is little left of the day. Plus, every single evening a group of workers would take me out first for dinner followed by KTV, sometimes in between a visit to a barber shop (which in China is often a cover for a massage parlor :rolleyes: :D ), every damn' evening. :D That was because at the time their company policy was that the company is paying all expenses. So every night minimum 5 of them would pick me up in a mini van and off we went on our daily bender. Ended mostly far after midnight, making it a real challenge to get up on time every morning. :D

Sunday I was hoping to have a nice, relaxed day for myself to explore the city but even for that day they were making plans since the company was always paying for the expenses. However, two weekends stood out from the entire experience when they took me to Nanjing, the old capital of China. Now that is a gem with so much history that you would need weeks to see it all.

I understood them as it was a freebie for them and since most were migrant workers they did not have a family to spend Sunday with. So I played along and had mostly a lot of fun but also a lot of hangovers. :D

The last time I went was in 2004, I can imagine that the city has changed dramatically since.

Only just seen this post Harry, you must have been exhausted, sounds like you got to see plenty of the sights nonetheless ;) :rolleyes:
I've been going to a turkish barber shop but think I might need to find one of those chinese ones, sounds like you get a better service...

Last edited:
Only just seen this post Harry, you must have been exhausted, sounds like you got to see plenty of the sights nonetheless ;) :rolleyes:
I've been going to a turkish barber shop but think I might need to find one of those chinese ones, sounds like you get a better service...

The first time in the barber shop I opted for massage only (I had a girlfriend in Germany at the time, although I was still living in the UK), which sort of angered the Mama-san. She send then probably the heaviest and ugliest girl into my room to give me a hands-free massage..... "vely special sil" she said. Right. :rolleyes: ....They dangle from the top on a steel frame and do everything with their feet. I had the impression the Mama-san told here to purposely hang too low so i get to feel her entire weight because quite a few times I thought she's going to break my back. :rolleyes: ...Learned my lesson that evening. :D

But then all the KTV pubs are not much different than the barber shops. After you walk into one of the rooms and sit down, the door opens and they parade a dozen of girls in. You can chose as many as you like or none. If none, they hurry them out and bring in the next dozen or so. In bigger KTV pubs, the Mama-san usually has 250 - 300 girls at her disposal, every night. They then sit with you, pouring your drink, lighting the fags, massaging your legs or back and if you really like them you invite them back to your hotel room. If not, you give them a tip of about $5 -10. You can opt to have them exclusive for the evening at the KTV, then the tip grows to $40-50 as otherwise they are allowed to "butterfly" between different rooms, collecting more tips per night.

TBH, as a "greenhorn" in Asia, I was flabbergasted at first. But it is standard and the same pretty much in every Asian country. As with everything in our lives, you get used to it after a while. :D

The first time in the barber shop I opted for massage only (I had a girlfriend in Germany at the time, although I was still living in the UK), which sort of angered the Mama-san. She send then probably the heaviest and ugliest girl into my room to give me a hands-free massage..... "vely special sil" she said. Right. :rolleyes: ....They dangle from the top on a steel frame and do everything with their feet. I had the impression the Mama-san told here to purposely hang too low so i get to feel her entire weight because quite a few times I thought she's going to break my back. :rolleyes: ...Learned my lesson that evening. :D

But then all the KTV pubs are not much different than the barber shops. After you walk into one of the rooms and sit down, the door opens and they parade a dozen of girls in. You can chose as many as you like or none. If none, they hurry them out and bring in the next dozen or so. In bigger KTV pubs, the Mama-san usually has 250 - 300 girls at her disposal, every night. They then sit with you, pouring your drink, lighting the fags, massaging your legs or back and if you really like them you invite them back to your hotel room. If not, you give them a tip of about $5 -10. You can opt to have them exclusive for the evening at the KTV, then the tip grows to $40-50 as otherwise they are allowed to "butterfly" between different rooms, collecting more tips per night.

TBH, as a "greenhorn" in Asia, I was flabbergasted at first. But it is standard and the same pretty much in every Asian country. As with everything in our lives, you get used to it after a while. :D

I learn something new nearly everyday on this forum, wish you were here with judith chalmers certainly never covered any of this interesting information. I always wondered why karaoke was so popular in the far east and never took off here, there is however probably one asian country where none of this happens, good old north korea. :eek2:

Last edited:
HaHaHa! Harry it sound's like fun? Did you do it alone? Total amount spent i:e room,food,transportation, it may help with my planning? I will start with $15,000.00 cash and about $10,000.00 American Exs. Travel Bonds.

It pays to have life check's with places that you have to contact a family member or any sort of legal banner.I will set up several hotel's,pay package.And have extra monies arranged.I hate to run out!

I have a business in Perth with a college friend doing well I think so it will be business also.I wana dive and there are places in the Pacific and the Med. that set up disabled diver's junket's. I have been to alot of other countries I hunted hardwood's in South America on the Amazon.Good money very,very dangerous. I got hit by a electric eel and it was a shock indeed,2 week's in the hospital in a 3rd world country hahahaha. Any way I look forward to meeting you Harry indeed some good food and drink.

I feel also this may be the last time that we or I may be able to travel freely? I hate to say that but we are not the most desirable visitor's in certain part;s of this big ole world.And the way thing's look. It may be the cost of having DT as our moola.
Who know's for sure,And any casino's (brick n mortar) in your home town near or in the city I'am in? Most of the time they are easily found .Lot'sa light's and such.Peace Out!c Out Of The Mist! shewoff

HaHaHa! Harry it sound's like fun? Did you do it alone? Total amount spent i:e room,food,transportation, it may help with my planning? I will start with $15,000.00 cash and about $10,000.00 American Exs. Travel Bonds.

It pays to have life check's with places that you have to contact a family member or any sort of legal banner.I will set up several hotel's,pay package.And have extra monies arranged.I hate to run out!

I have a business in Perth with a college friend doing well I think so it will be business also.I wana dive and there are places in the Pacific and the Med. that set up disabled diver's junket's. I have been to alot of other countries I hunted hardwood's in South America on the Amazon.Good money very,very dangerous. I got hit by a electric eel and it was a shock indeed,2 week's in the hospital in a 3rd world country hahahaha. Any way I look forward to meeting you Harry indeed some good food and drink.

I feel also this may be the last time that we or I may be able to travel freely? I hate to say that but we are not the most desirable visitor's in certain part;s of this big ole world.And the way thing's look. It may be the cost of having DT as our moola.
Who know's for sure,And any casino's (brick n mortar) in your home town near or in the city I'am in? Most of the time they are easily found .Lot'sa light's and such.Peace Out!c Out Of The Mist! shewoff

Including flight ticket and all expenses we spent for two people appr. $18,000 for the entire adventure.

Could have done it a lot cheaper but i wanted to travel and stay in style. :)

Singapore has two world class casinos. Only been to Sentosa Resort World but not to Marina Bay Sands.

See you soon :)

Well the grand adventure is set to start on Sunday,5th and will take me to some fine part's of this world.I will try the EU first and London,Paris,Berlin YAYA!,Amsterdam,Copenhagen,I tried to get into the Swiss Alp's as I have heard of a few casino's that are a once in a life time experience.But alas I'am a convicted felon and they don't want my kind to visit?But still this part of my trip will take 3 week's and then I will be off to the 2nd part of my trip and it will be Hong-Kong,Singapore,and after a lifetime I will be returning to Vietnam to Ho City,The P.I's, thing's are a bit touchy in that part of the world a lot of Muslim group's that are killing tourist and the kidnapping. I hope they get it figured out as I have loved the Philippines since I had a R&R in the Army way back when.
Harry I will get in touch with your on the private mess. here.And let ya know when and where I will be in Singapore.It is for 3 days I know that much.Look forward to a meet.And anyone else that has a few or know's about something as far as food,casino's,or the best places to see in a particular city please leave a post or a private message.I really do hope this trip allow's me to see if I'am right or wrong about this feeling of doom I feel is happening in the world. I will have my complete int. after Sunday and I have purchased a new laptop and camera to catch the up's and down's of this trip.I will post as much as I have time and experiences will allow.Peace Out! Out Of The Mist! shewoff

Our longtime member chuchu59 lives in Hong Kong. I'm sure he'd be happy to give you some tips, and for the junkets to Macao.

Paris is awful for pickpockets sadly, especially on the trains, in fact watch you stuff closely especially in transportation hubs everywhere.

Take some time to visit less tourity neighbourhoods and sights. I've found that locals in neighbourhoods outside of main tourist areas are usually more interested in talking with you. Don't be afraid to strike up conversations with strangers in bars, and fellow travellers are usually glad to share their experiences.

It is very sad the current situation in the Philippines, somewhere I have always wanted to visit. Davao and Cebu seem to be away from the worse of the troubles.

We look forward to your adventures!

Even if all you can manage in a language is please and thank you, it goes a long ways.

Well the grand adventure is set to start on Sunday,5th and will take me to some fine part's of this world.I will try the EU first and London,Paris,Berlin YAYA!,Amsterdam,Copenhagen,I tried to get into the Swiss Alp's as I have heard of a few casino's that are a once in a life time experience.But alas I'am a convicted felon and they don't want my kind to visit?But still this part of my trip will take 3 week's and then I will be off to the 2nd part of my trip and it will be Hong-Kong,Singapore,and after a lifetime I will be returning to Vietnam to Ho City,The P.I's, thing's are a bit touchy in that part of the world a lot of Muslim group's that are killing tourist and the kidnapping. I hope they get it figured out as I have loved the Philippines since I had a R&R in the Army way back when.
Harry I will get in touch with your on the private mess. here.And let ya know when and where I will be in Singapore.It is for 3 days I know that much.Look forward to a meet.And anyone else that has a few or know's about something as far as food,casino's,or the best places to see in a particular city please leave a post or a private message.I really do hope this trip allow's me to see if I'am right or wrong about this feeling of doom I feel is happening in the world. I will have my complete int. after Sunday and I have purchased a new laptop and camera to catch the up's and down's of this trip.I will post as much as I have time and experiences will allow.Peace Out! Out Of The Mist! shewoff

Fabulous news shewoff....I'll be here waiting for you! :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, I can say much about your European destinations as I haven't been to any of them in more than a decade. Hong Kong is a buzzing city and that 24/7. If you're fit enough, walk up that mountain (can't remember the name), the view is breathtaking. Must try is the street food. Macao you want to stay on or close to the strip if you want to spend time at the casinos. Singapore, anything around Orchard/Bugis/Marina Bay is center, the rest a little out but never too far since the entire island is only about 15x20 miles big.

God speed! :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back