• DUP

• SNP

• Plaid Cymru

• UUP

• DIDNT VOTE

• "Conservative"

• Can't vote (not eligible)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nigel Farage encouraging people to get out and democratically vote in the apparently undemocratic EU [elections].

If he does well, he wants to be able to come into number 10 and dictate how brexit happens,
wait a minute, EU MEPs interfering in UK domestic politics? wasn't that exactly what he was against?

Anyway I voted LD, main paries are a mess and only care abut their own survival, and the moronic brexit party 'man of the people millionaire snake oil salesman Farage' have no policies or manifesto beyond brexit and unicorns and nothing else.

Nigel Farage encouraging people to get out and democratically vote in the apparently undemocratic EU [elections].

If he does well, he wants to be able to come into number 10 and dictate how brexit happens,
wait a minute, EU MEPs interfering in UK domestic politics? wasn't that exactly what he was against?

Anyway I voted LD, main paries are a mess and only care abut their own survival, and the moronic brexit party 'man of the people millionaire snake oil salesman Farage' have no policies or manifesto beyond brexit and unicorns and nothing else.

A bit of misrepresentation of the facts there my friend, typical remoaner stuff. :rolleyes:

He never said the Euro MP elections were undemocratic per se, but the Euro Parliament itself whereby Britain surrenders 100% self-governance for 11% of a foreign Parliament therefore hands over sovereignty. Therefore he is 100% correct, the whole shebang (for us the UK) is undemocratic.

So he wants to advise no. 10? Good, as he's a UK (not European) MEP who would have happily stopped being an MEP and wouldn't even have been an MEP any longer anyway had the traitors in Parliament enacted the result of our democratic referendum. So that sentence of yours is particularly ridiculous and self-defeating. :confused:

LD? Lame Defeatists? Liberty Deniers? Who are they? Ah, yes, the 'democrats' trying to overturn a democratic referendum result via promising the deluded remainers (not the pragmatic ones who accept they lost) a binary referendum that they cannot deliver either politically or legally while the actioning of the first one is still pending. :laugh::laugh:

If you have any doubts about my reply, wait until Sunday's Eurocrap results. :D

Or maybe I agree with their policies because they well, you know .. actually have some.
also where I am (a Tory heartland) the libs have the best chance of beating con/bxp.

Last edited:
I can't see the above happening. I've always wanted to go to an 'Old Firm' derby up in Scotland, come with me :D - You'll see first hand the polarising sides first hand LOL. There is more chance of an independent Scotland than a united Ireland and that isn't going to happen IMO. As for Wales, no chance whatsoever. Plaid Cymru do not control the assembly and only have three MP's.

:laugh: It is a great derby to watch. But the hatred at it can be at a different level to what you would get anywhere else in UK. Glasgow really can be a bad place to be on an old fim night.

Sadly i agree with what you say. Tho things are getting better Sadly in some areas of Scotland Sectarianism and Bigotry are as rife as ever. Maybe in the future that will change . And Ireland like you say still has it's troubles. So at no time in the near future do i see Ireland being United . And Scotland being independent who knows. A sad day when many vote for reasons nothing to do with whether it makes a country better or not.

Unbelievable but a lot of peoples votes on independence where purely based on their religious views.

Blimey there are some top people on that 'briefings for brexit' site, academics, judges, professors etc.. I bet none of these have been invited onto question time etc..

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
m

EDIT: Just to add Dr Gudgin describes himself as left of centre/social democrat, so not a right winger, which adds to the argument that brexit/remain is not really a right/left debate as portrayed by the media

As I said the other day, it really isn't about left vs right. All it is about is whether you're a neo liberalist vs pretty much everything else.

Blair is the perfect example of a neo liberalist.

It's pretty much all about wealth creation for the top few % by using any means necessary. The EU is a perfect example of a method of such wealth distribution. Sell freedom of movement to the 'plebs' as a positive and watch as companies can cherry pick their employee demographic to maximise returns for the executives.

Even the EU itself is set up in such a way that mirrors this hierarchy.

In essence, there's a serious disparity now between business and politics. Politics should influence business, not the other way round. When you've got business calling the shots, you end up with a race to the bottom, a fractured and divided nation with increasing levels of frustration.

We can either go along with it or seize the chance to at least try and go against the tide.

As I said the other day, it really isn't about left vs right. All it is about is whether you're a neo liberalist vs pretty much everything else.

Blair is the perfect example of a neo liberalist.

It's pretty much all about wealth creation for the top few % by using any means necessary. The EU is a perfect example of a method of such wealth distribution. Sell freedom of movement to the 'plebs' as a positive and watch as companies can cherry pick their employee demographic to maximise returns for the executives.

Even the EU itself is set up in such a way that mirrors this hierarchy.

In essence, there's a serious disparity now between business and politics. Politics should influence business, not the other way round. When you've got business calling the shots, you end up with a race to the bottom, a fractured and divided nation with increasing levels of frustration.

We can either go along with it or seize the chance to at least try and go against the tide.

I wonder what is the key factor stopping the majority on the left seeing it for what it is, I've argued in the past if the EU was such a friend of the workers they would have outlawed things like zero hour contracts, high vat affects the poor more than the wealthy and we had to raise VAT due to the EU insisting on higher levels. I can't really think of anything the EU has done that was good for the working class people in the UK, nothing sticks out...

A lot of youngsters seem to be in favour of remain, and if they've gone to university and taken on debt in the form of a student loan etc.. when they enter the job market after graduating they are now competing for UK jobs with thousands of candidates from Europe, poland, czech republic etc..so they are worse off through the EU free movement rule unless they have a foreign language and can work abroad in europe, but this then dislocates them from their family and friends etc..

Last edited:
I wonder what is the key factor stopping the majority on the left seeing it for what it is, I've argued in the past if the EU was such a friend of the workers they would have outlawed things like zero hour contracts, high vat affects the poor more than the wealthy and we had to raise VAT due to the EU insisting on higher levels. I can't really think of anything the EU has done that was good for the working class people in the UK, nothing sticks out...

People like Corbyn see it for what it is- hence he's reportedly been traditionally anti EU. The issue is, that the EU seems to be very good at muddying the waters with regards to socio-political factors. Things such as freedom of movement etc are not painted as benefits to the economy per se, they're painted as being liberal freedoms; socially inclusive and anti discriminatory. Of course, this resonates well with the left.

The whole project is set up to satiate the vast majority of individuals under its umbrella. However, what we're seeing now is people going 'hang on a minute!'

It's quite sad how the so called educated, Liberal middle classes can not see this yet. Or perhaps they do but realise that they're cushty jobs/careers have their foundations built upon EU economics and so realise what side their bread is buttered on.

People like Corbyn see it for what it is- hence he's reportedly been traditionally anti EU. The issue is, that the EU seems to be very good at muddying the waters with regards to socio-political factors. Things such as freedom of movement etc are not painted as benefits to the economy per se, they're painted as being liberal freedoms; socially inclusive and anti discriminatory. Of course, this resonates well with the left.

The whole project is set up to satiate the vast majority of individuals under its umbrella. However, what we're seeing now is people going 'hang on a minute!'

It's quite sad how the so called educated, Liberal middle classes can not see this yet. Or perhaps they do but realise that they're cushty jobs/careers have their foundations built upon EU economics and so realise what side their bread is buttered on.

yeah, I've heard the same about corbyn that for most of his career he was anti the EU, but I suppose his party is so chock full of remainer mp's and voters that he has no choice but to go down the remain route now. This parlimentary labour party is still very much a creation of Blairism, the bloke should be sitting in the dock at the hague but no he's swanning around lecturing everyone still :mad: it's got to be the biggest red light to remainers than Blair adores the EU

:laugh: It is a great derby to watch. But the hatred at it can be at a different level to what you would get anywhere else in UK. Glasgow really can be a bad place to be on an old fim night.

Sadly i agree with what you say. Tho things are getting better Sadly in some areas of Scotland Sectarianism and Bigotry are as rife as ever. Maybe in the future that will change . And Ireland like you say still has it's troubles. So at no time in the near future do i see Ireland being United . And Scotland being independent who knows. A sad day when many vote for reasons nothing to do with whether it makes a country better or not.

Unbelievable but a lot of peoples votes on independence where purely based on their religious views.

Yeah the sectarianism in Scotland is pretty full on. Whenever I visit religion is most definitely off the menu. Love the country though as IMO it is the most beautiful part of the UK and the people aren't bad either :) LOL

Would love to go to an old firm game, but like you say I think I would come close to ****** myself. I have sat in with the Leeds supporters at Elland Road whilst supporting my team Bristol City, but I would imagine an old firm match is levels above and akin to the Rome derby.

I don't vote in the UK but in my country I voted for more investments, as this will create more jobs.

Unfortunately more and more people disagree and believe the solution for every problem is to blame the 0.4% that is asking for our help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back