• SNP

• Plaid Cymru

• UUP

• DIDNT VOTE

• "Conservative"

• Can't vote (not eligible)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Okay i will be first to answer.

Didn't vote. Waste of time and to be honest it will change nothing.
VERY TRUE

But I still voted as polling station is like 5 houses down so had no excuse haha.

VERY TRUE

But I still voted as polling station is like 5 houses down so had no excuse haha.

Yeah i know voting is important. But with the mess everything is in a lot of people won't have voted today and mainly people that want to get a point across will vote.

But it makes no difference to Brexit and has no bearing on next general election. Having to vote for mp's somewhere we should not be is crazy.

Then again i never vote as to me all parties are as bad as each other. Voted once to say no to independence and next vote will be same if it ever happens again lol.

Last edited:
Today's vote absolutely will make a difference. It'll be a guage of public opinion right now and both the EU and parliament will analyse the results.

A resounding Brexit Party win will pretty much take a second ref off the table as it will any temptation to revoke article 50.

From an EU perspective, it'll steer their ship either towards granting another extension in October, with a view to us holding a second ref or telling us to leave with no deal.

Personally I'm of the opinion we need to get out with no deal and try to negotiate a FTA further down the line.

Yeah i know voting is important. But with the mess everything is in a lot of people won't have voted today and mainly people that want to get a point across will vote.

But it makes no difference to Brexit and has no bearing on next general election. Having to vote for mp's somewhere we should not be is crazy.

Then again i never vote as to me all parties are as bad as each other. Voted once to say no to independence and next vote will be same if it ever happens again lol.

Aha True, I mean I voted Brexit party as I voted leave but would never vote for farage at a General election or local elections

Today's vote absolutely will make a difference. It'll be a guage of public opinion right now and both the EU and parliament will analyse the results.

A resounding Brexit Party win will pretty much take a second ref off the table as it will any temptation to revoke article 50.

From an EU perspective, it'll steer their ship either towards granting another extension in October, with a view to us holding a second ref or telling us to leave with no deal.

Personally I'm of the opinion we need to get out with no deal and try to negotiate a FTA further down the line.
But at the same time thou the "Remain partys" will have more % put together than brexit party so every side can say they won haha.

Aha True, I mean I voted Brexit party as I voted leave but would never vote for farage at a General election or local elections

The thing is, what happens next will define what happens in the next general election. A poll last night put the Brexit Party second in terms of vote share at a GE if called now. That's seat gaining territory even with FPTP.

But at the same time thou the "Remain partys" will have more % put together than brexit party so every side can say they won haha.

I expect Brexit party to win. But in no way does that show either way whether people are favouring Brexit or not at the moment.

Most people whether they voted leave or remain are pissed off at the moment. Turnout for these elections will be really low. A lot of people voting against big 2 to show they are pissed of at way things are. Main people bothering to vote are the ones that want to show they voted leave.

To be honest the actual referendum was similar. All the ones that wanted Brexit voted. A lot of people that wanted to remain never voted as they thought vote was foregone conclusion. Their mistake.

The thing is, what happens next will define what happens in the next general election. A poll last night put the Brexit Party second in terms of vote share at a GE if called now. That's seat gaining territory even with FPTP.

It's put up or shut up time for the tories, the grass root members need to seize back their party, since cameron was installed and then May they've just continued on as a new labour style outfit, blairism and the third way etc.. No one had even heard of david cameron prior to being made leader, I think he was a back bencher, but obviously the party apparatchiks had lined him up.

If the tories don't do something drastic the turn out of their voters will plummet and labour/lib dems will prosper, not sure nige's new party will do well enough in a general election, it could happen, the referendum spirit might return and see a large turnout. The more the media try and push a remain narrative and go along with the betrayal the more I can see the british public getting determined to resolve it once more.

Interesting to see the Dutch exit poll showing pro Euro Labour party winning over the Eurosceptic Forum for Democracy, the winning candidate is expected to be the next European Commissioner. It had been expected that Forum for Democracy would win after topping the polls.

Link to story
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

At least you guys get to vote but in Hong Kong our Chief Executive is voted in by a 1200-strong committee with over 75% of them controlled by China.

You know how the EU works for nation states like the UK then! We get about 1/11 of the Euro Parliament seats with remaining 10/11 filled by foreigners so in reality have absolutely no self-determination. So the Sino-Hong Kong 'democracy' model is not unique to your region lol....

I voted Brexit Party. (As a protest vote, obviously).
The way the Conservatives AND Labour have handled the whole issue is a shameful joke :mad:

As I've said before: If the 2016 referendum result had been "Remain" - how would everyone feel if 3 years later the government said "Sod that - we're leaving anyway"... :eek2:

Hopefully Boris will win the leadership contest: He might be mad as a hatter, but at least HE will deliver what the majority voted for. :thumbsup:

KK

Added "can't vote" for the non EU UK folks :D

Yeah, IoM, Jersey, Alderney, Sark, Guernsey cannot vote as not technically in the EU. Gibraltarians can though. Nor can other British territories such as Bermuda, Falklands, Diego Garcia, St. Helena, Tristan da Cunha or Ascension Island and several other islands or territories.

I voted Brexit Party. (As a protest vote, obviously).
The way the Conservatives AND Labour have handled the whole issue is a shameful joke :mad:

As I've said before: If the 2016 referendum result had been "Remain" - how would everyone feel if 3 years later the government said "Sod that - we're leaving anyway"... :eek2:

Hopefully Boris will win the leadership contest: He might be mad as a hatter, but at least HE will deliver what the majority voted for. :thumbsup:

KK

Yeah but, I don't think anyone was aware of the consequences of leaving. Imagine the mess that the UK will be in in about 3-5 years. Take that mess and compare to how the UK was situated at the time of the vote and flip flop the circumstance. People would want to remain.

Good luck living in a post Brexit UK - in fact, I personally believe it will be the end of the UK. Within the next generation, I am sure you will have a reunited Ireland, and a referendum joining Scotland and Wales to the EU. Just watch and see. :D

Yeah but, I don't think anyone was aware of the consequences of leaving. Imagine the mess that the UK will be in in about 3-5 years. Take that mess and compare to how the UK was situated at the time of the vote and flip flop the circumstance. People would want to remain.

Good luck living in a post Brexit UK - in fact, I personally believe it will be the end of the UK. Within the next generation, I am sure you will have a reunited Ireland, and a referendum joining Scotland and Wales to the EU. Just watch and see. :D

Nope. You don't wipe hundreds of years of Union out with something as inane as the EU. Wales voted to leave anyway.

As for the polls, it seems some Tory MPs even voted for the Brexit party. It's predicted they could even be wiped out with zero EuroCrap MPs and Labour not faring much better.

It's basically a battle of the Leave parties (Tory, Brexit, ED, UKIP) against the wets like LD/Change/Greens. Labour cannot be added to either of those groups as they haven't a clue what they want although allegedly Corbum is a leaver.

So like much of Europe it's a polarization of right against leftists. It seems too that anti-EU sentiment is increasing in Eastern Europe, Italy and the Mediterranean countries like Spain and Portugal, Greece etc. who have suffered the disastrous effects of the stupid Euro currency. There is a feeling amongst those that looser ties would suit them better, looser EU model. Funnily enough what the UK really wants. :thumbsup:

luck living in a post Brexit UK - in fact, I personally believe it will be the end of the UK. Within the next generation, I am sure you will have a reunited Ireland, and a referendum joining Scotland and Wales to the EU. Just watch and see. :D

I can't see the above happening. I've always wanted to go to an 'Old Firm' derby up in Scotland, come with me :D - You'll see first hand the polarising sides first hand LOL. There is more chance of an independent Scotland than a united Ireland and that isn't going to happen IMO. As for Wales, no chance whatsoever. Plaid Cymru do not control the assembly and only have three MP's.

Apparently Ireland couldn't afford to takeover northern ireland atm, but if it could be semi detached from the uk through the backstop then this would possibly be a stepping stone hence the Irish prime ministers insistence on the backstop proposal.

Here is an interesting Q&A with economist Dr Graham Gudgin, who is a top uk economist and author of the website 'briefings for brexit'

Extract:

"Q. You've been vocal not just in the Brexit campaign but in defending Brexiteers who've been labelled racist and stupid. Have you experienced personal abuse?

A. Myself and Professor Robert Tombs here at Cambridge - we were utterly fed up with this idea that everybody who had any education or who had a few brain cells would obviously oppose Brexit. We knew that wasn't true.

We knew there were a lot of professors in Oxford and Cambridge who would support Brexit. We've also set up the website Briefings for Brexit where we've had High Court judges and academics write articles. It's worked.

One of the most heartening things for me is the number of emails I've had from people right across the country who tell me how fed up they were that they were being called racist and stupid. It's true that the huge majority of academics are pro-Remain. People say to me: 'Gosh, you must be brave being pro-Brexit in Cambridge'.

But I have to say that no one has ever said anything offensive to me. So in a personal sense it hasn't cost me anything. For younger people, it's different. Young people have approached us and told us that while they're pro-Brexit they don't feel able to be identified for fear it would affect their career prospects. Some ludicrous things have been said to them. We had one young person who was told by his professor - who was Jewish - that people who had voted Brexit were the sort of people who sent his relatives to concentration camps. It's absurd. I've been shocked by the fightback against what was a democratic decision. What we have in the UK now is a very divided society.

In Northern Ireland it's maybe nothing new to live in a divided society. But this is something new for England and it's difficult to see how it will end up.

Q. How do you think the Prime Minister has handled the Brexit negotiations?

A. I do think Theresa May has handled it very poorly, but she was dealt a difficult hand. I'm not as critical as many people would be. She's sticking to it and she's trying her best.

Q. Your main reason for supporting Brexit?

A. The key reason I support Brexit is that I see the EU moving towards a United States of Europe. The question has to be - do we want to be a state or an independent country?

It's hard enough to negotiate a way out now. Think how much more difficult it would be as that progressed in 10 or 20 years. However difficult Brexit is now, it must be done."

Last edited:
Blimey there are some top people on that 'briefings for brexit' site, academics, judges, professors etc.. I bet none of these have been invited onto question time etc..

EDIT: Just to add Dr Gudgin describes himself as left of centre/social democrat, so not a right winger, which adds to the argument that brexit/remain is not really a right/left debate as portrayed by the media

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back