Question What's the worst bonus round you've had when you expected it to be good?

lord flashheart

Experienced Member
Whilst working the other day with YouTube on autoplay in the background, an old Stop n Step video came on where he hit max spins on one of the reel king megaways slots which payed sod all. It reminded me of a bonus I had a few years back on William Hill where my expectation was much higher than the result. My experience was on Eye of Horus. It payed about 300x on 50p stake, however it was probably the rarest bonus on the game. 1st spin rolled in 3 horus wilds, re-triggered (as in proper re-trigger) and still didn't make it to the top symbol until I had 2 spins remaining. Piss poor return considering the circumstances. So what are your worst good bonuses?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Do you choose 7 or 12 spins feature?

I have a 'tactic' of sorts with these games, although Wild Flower still being new, nowhere near as big a sample as Lil Devil (which has now joined my 'very rare' play list due to previous poor experiences)

If the feature triggers normal, I choose the 7 free spins / random sticky wilds features.

When the enhanced feature triggers I choose the 12 spins every time.

On Lil devil, I had the two centre wilds with decent multis one in about 20 features, the rest less than 50x (a lot less in fact) and full of nothing but dead spins and constant 2 scatters with no sign of the 3rd.

Had the enhanced only a few times on WF and although the ladder wilds have shown, it has never climbed high much...
Too many to recall on numerous slots over the years, the ones that stuck with me was the Deadwood Super Bonus triggered in base game. I only ever had it triggered in the base game now 3 times and all 3 times they all paid less than 150X. Not a single wild dropped in to increase the multiplier and all the spins was all with royal symbols literally. Hence why such shit bonuses.

But there is others on other slots that really pissed me off as well, Like Buffalo King from Pragmatic, I have had many features on that go retrigger crazy, I even once had a 5 scatter retrigger in one and still that feature paid around 100X Most spins I think I had on Buffalo King I think was around 150 ish spins and still paid around 100X after all those spins. I only ever had one miracle hit on that slot too which I did post the screenshot of that win in the screenshots thread. It was basically around £700 or £800, Buffalos and wilds on all wheels during a free spins bonus on a 0.40p stake.

Love the way it says "feel the excitement"
Presume this was in real play - Think it would make me quit for good
Yes, it was in real money play - I guess it can be exciting to watch 12 dead spins in a row on 'super' bonus! :)
Unfortunately this didn't make me quit for good. To be fair, it did give a super bonus of 6000xbet couple of months later on 0,1e bet (as if it was, ehem, compensating :)) . The sad part being that 600e doesn't bring my personal RTP even close to 90% after countless losing sessions. :D

Not expecting amazing things before the bonus but got a 4 scatter 15 spin bonus on CFTBL. First spin landed several successive wilds for 75x and opened the double wilds. Total bonus didn’t even hit 100x

Dead bonuses always seem to come after a real dry streak in the base game as well. Like, I won't get a bonus for 200 spins, then finally land 3 scatters (or whatever) and I get like 20x....

Whilst working the other day with YouTube on autoplay in the background, an old Stop n Step video came on where he hit max spins on one of the reel king megaways slots which payed sod all. It reminded me of a bonus I had a few years back on William Hill where my expectation was much higher than the result. My experience was on Eye of Horus. It payed about 300x on 50p stake, however it was probably the rarest bonus on the game. 1st spin rolled in 3 horus wilds, re-triggered (as in proper re-trigger) and still didn't make it to the top symbol until I had 2 spins remaining. Piss poor return considering the circumstances. So what are your worst good bonuses?

Earlier today down to last few spins, got the free spins on Candyways Bonanza Megaways only for it to pay $0.00.... Sooo disappointing!! It got me good!! lol:lolup:

22xbet on Tombstone super spins :)

Another one was 1900xbet on Sisters of the Sun. I don't complain, it is great win - but I thought 44 free spins would give closer to the max win (15 000xbet), but at least 20 of the spins were dead...

Last edited:
Easy for me that one, 10p trigger of super bonus on Tombstone, paid 30x or similar - I try to block it out, thanks for the reminder :)

p.s. Developers should try and counter that kind of experience and such expectations. I would still be churning money through Tombstone now if I had seen better. That single spin has put me off. I still play it, but nowhere near as much since, and as a result, hit and run the bitch out of it for revenge.
Exactly the same for me. 20p spin to super bonus. 30x. Haven't played it since.

Wow, I thought my experience would have been a one-off. Is it bad that I feel better that someone else shares my pain :p
That's why the Bonanza thread is just a group of folk huddled around 10 and 20p's complaining they hate themselves for playing it

Misery in numbers.

We all 'like' the 1000x ones (once in a blue moon) but secretly it's the 5x's that makes us feel better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back