Question What's the worst bonus round you've had when you expected it to be good?

lord flashheart

Experienced Member
Whilst working the other day with YouTube on autoplay in the background, an old Stop n Step video came on where he hit max spins on one of the reel king megaways slots which payed sod all. It reminded me of a bonus I had a few years back on William Hill where my expectation was much higher than the result. My experience was on Eye of Horus. It payed about 300x on 50p stake, however it was probably the rarest bonus on the game. 1st spin rolled in 3 horus wilds, re-triggered (as in proper re-trigger) and still didn't make it to the top symbol until I had 2 spins remaining. Piss poor return considering the circumstances. So what are your worst good bonuses?

Solution
Do you choose 7 or 12 spins feature?

I have a 'tactic' of sorts with these games, although Wild Flower still being new, nowhere near as big a sample as Lil Devil (which has now joined my 'very rare' play list due to previous poor experiences)

If the feature triggers normal, I choose the 7 free spins / random sticky wilds features.

When the enhanced feature triggers I choose the 12 spins every time.

On Lil devil, I had the two centre wilds with decent multis one in about 20 features, the rest less than 50x (a lot less in fact) and full of nothing but dead spins and constant 2 scatters with no sign of the 3rd.

Had the enhanced only a few times on WF and although the ladder wilds have shown, it has never climbed high much...
Easy for me that one, 10p trigger of super bonus on Tombstone, paid 30x or similar - I try to block it out, thanks for the reminder :)

p.s. Developers should try and counter that kind of experience and such expectations. I would still be churning money through Tombstone now if I had seen better. That single spin has put me off. I still play it, but nowhere near as much since, and as a result, hit and run the bitch out of it for revenge.

I had that Horus retrigger a few times in the past. Pretty much just deadspinned to the end every time. Don't play it anymore.

Other than that Bonanza is a master of dead bonuses. Especially the 5 scatter triggers of death.

i usually play slots at like .90 bet
i once had a good run on jurassic park, turned a $30 deposit into about $1100
decided to spend a hundred on $15.00 bets
hit the bonus on second spin
picked triceratops bonus
it was the most dead triceratops in my life
paid $83.00 on $15.00 bet
i ended up spending the entire $1100 without another bonus and not a win above 10x on $15.00 bets :mad:

Bonanza, Anything above the normal trigger. Sometimes wild flower enhanced features are a let down to. ?
Dare say 'most times' ;) - not played it as much recently but, while ok at the start, started to become more and more frequent to see 5/6 consecutive ones being <50x here (on the topic of WF, doesn't appear to have the hits you'd expect from a self proclaimed HV beast)

Dare say 'most times' ;) - not played it as much recently but, while ok at the start, started to become more and more frequent to see 5/6 consecutive ones being <50x here (on the topic of WF, doesn't appear to have the hits you'd expect from a self proclaimed HV beast)
Yeah I noticed it was really kind to me when it got launched and then never bonuses no were near as often for me now. Random I tell thee! ?

Every 'enhanced' bonus on Lil Devil and Wild Flower
I've collected hearts about 20 times and usually will take 12 spins-feature because it gives pretty often something reasonable. There's also chance to hit massive if you get re-triggers and multiplier grows over 10x and sure this feature deserves smaller volatility. My game history says i've took second feature about 10-15 times and average is somewhere between 150 - 400x. Just few times "zero feature" when my total score has been under 50x.

I guess 7 spins feature is really really all or nothing feature and no difference to let's say hardcore feature of doa2 where your average score is some 10x and maybe one or two feature of 100 features maybe gives some monster stuff.

And a bad thing with lil devil is that collecting all hearts will take 900 - 1300 spins. So it's pretty long period when you even get that small chance to smash whole game with 100 000x.

Last edited:

I have a 'tactic' of sorts with these games, although Wild Flower still being new, nowhere near as big a sample as Lil Devil (which has now joined my 'very rare' play list due to previous poor experiences)

If the feature triggers normal, I choose the 7 free spins / random sticky wilds features.

When the enhanced feature triggers I choose the 12 spins every time.

On Lil devil, I had the two centre wilds with decent multis one in about 20 features, the rest less than 50x (a lot less in fact) and full of nothing but dead spins and constant 2 scatters with no sign of the 3rd.

Had the enhanced only a few times on WF and although the ladder wilds have shown, it has never climbed high much nor shown decent symbols around it.

Solution
"Yet you Bonanza lovers continue to put yourselves through it.

I think Bonanza may need its own support charity.

How about RHABBI - Rehabilitation and Help for Bonanza Bonus Influence?"

Well, we do have a peer support thread here :D

Pretty much every bonus on Tombstone, where several wilds and multiplier of 15-25x produces a win of 10-30xbet. But, you can always count on Bounty Spins to give a proper win (this after literally over 100 000 spins and several 0-30xbet scatters):

Love the way it says "feel the excitement"
Presume this was in real play - Think it would make me quit for good

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back