What is the best food/dinner you ever had?

Montreal has some great restaurants....and Reuben's (?) smoked meats are a taste experience of note!

Travelling in Maine, we encountered for the first time lobster in a roll - man, that was good too!

You know, I've never been to Maine (I should write a song, lol), but I've always wanted to go - I really have no excuse, but the lobster is of course reputed to be really good. :)

Food from the local market stalls in Cambodia - I have no idea what it is...but it tastes good! :D

Mmmm....lassie shasliks....

I actually had a course of sashimi and tartare at a restaurant tonight. I've always baulked at it, but I really enjoyed it a lot.

I had a tuna and salmon tartare with a dill-infused dressing, citrus cured salmon wrapped around a salmon mousse with a red pepper emulsion, and seared tuna with a peppercorn crust and cucumber and spring onion jam.

It's not the best ever, but I've certainly become a fan of sashimi and tartare! (Don't even think about commenting seventh....)

Mmmmm......Vietnamese at Doans, Dim Sum at the Golden Rice Bowl, my Edmonton favs.

Some of my other favs was a Pistole Soup in Guadalajara, a roast pig at a luau in Oahu, the best was a a fresh Barramundi dish at the Kikau Hut, Aorangi in the Cook Islands, made with a local fruit salsa.....devine.

I had roasted pig in Maui, it was excellent not to mention the freshly pick pineapple and the coffee.

I usually like italian dishes most but I used to go to a tai restaurant that was very good. Tai food is much better than [the american version of] chinese food. Try the Coconut soup.

steak of kobe beef at okonomiyaki restaurant in japan was 1 of the best food related experiences in my life.
I would highly recommend testing out kobe beef if visiting kobe/japan with some extra cash.
It cost about 200 euro, which is alot considering that anything else on the menu was less than 10 euro.

You know, I've never been to Maine (I should write a song, lol), but I've always wanted to go - I really have no excuse, but the lobster is of course reputed to be really good. :)

It has some beautiful scenery - we did a road trip up from Boston to Bar Harbour in the north, trying to stay as close to the coast as we could on our way to look at the Fall colours - the whole experience was really good - one that we still talk about.

It has some beautiful scenery - we did a road trip up from Boston to Bar Harbour in the north, trying to stay as close to the coast as we could on our way to look at the Fall colours - the whole experience was really good - one that we still talk about.

There's nothing like our New England scenery!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back