UFO's and Other Civilizations

Nate

Paleo Meister (means really, really old)
webmeister
PABaccred
CAG
Hi Guys,

I wanted to know what your thoughts are on the subject.. do you believe that it is a reality, hoax or people just mistaking weather phenomenon / other aircraft for UFO's?

I have read about the subject in depth, watched documentaries and can even spot when guest speakers are over exaggerating the subject.

My personal belief is that Intelligent Life does exist and we are being visited by more than one superior civilization.

People WILL play hoaxes for attention and there are genuine cases out there. If you believe and are 100% certain that life exists and UFO's are visiting us, Id like to know your thoughts? If you are a non-believer, I would also like to hear your thoughts and what convinces you otherwise...

I would also like you to watch one of my favourite documentaries on the subject prior to you commenting. I found it very very interesting.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Thanks,

Nate

I can't believe that on billions of planets in billions of solar systems we are the only planet with life. I hesitate to call it intelligent life because it might turn out we're the equivalent of termites in the grand scheme of things.

But I'm not sure we have been visited. If we have, I think we might know more about it. Plus, it probably won't be by people in flying saucers or UFO's, it wil probably be far more advanced, a form of travel beyond our comprehension.

I'm with Simmo on this one - I think we would be arrogant to assume that intelligent life is just a fluke confined to one miniscule speck in an infinite universe.

Unfortunately the lunatic fringe has given UFO a bad rep, distracting attention away from credible reports by normally reliable sources like experienced civil and military pilots and astronauts, and that - compounded by the need of governments to conceal or deny anything they can't understand - shrouds this interesting subject in uncertainty.

BTW I thought that documentary was one of the more balanced that I have seen, although I'm not a dedicated UFO watcher or for that matter a believer. That said, there are too many unexplained incidents and apparent cover ups to dismiss the possibilities lightly.

In some cases, I think there is a chance that the authorities have hushed up sightings of aircraft in development. For example, before we all became aware or accustomed to the strange configuration of the stealth fighters and bombers, catching a glimpse of such an aircraft on a test flight could create a misleading perception...and encourage officialdom to conceal the real identity. And imagine seeing an experimental ram-jet (currently under development and achieving phenomenal speeds) rocketing past at high altitude?

Still, there remain reports such as those in the documentary Nate linked to that are currently inexplicable.

It's an intriguing subject.

On a side note and with a little levity, could you blame an extraterrestrial visitor from staying the hell away from us? Given the condition of the world and our aggressive predilection to kill each other and destroy stuff, we must be a scary looking bunch:D

Thanks for taking the time to read and watch the documentary.

I believe the Pilot and Astronaut accounts are very credible. How could you explain a 300 - 400 meter Aircraft. If Military pilots and the heart of Air Defence cannot explain the sighting then the US Government is hiding a lot.

There was a sighting somewhere in Europe where hundreds of people saw an enormous aircraft, bigger than what we are capable of making in the air.

Tin Foil conspiracy theories aside, I also watched the documentary with Comedian Dan Aykroyd and found his commentary on the subject to be very insightful and well balanced. He is extremely well educated on the subject and also gives an account of a show he was to host on the matter that was just canned. The documentary is also on the website I provided earlier.

There is actual video from the space station that shows unidentified objects just appearing out of nowhere, something that looks like a 'shooting star' making a 90 degree turn and moving away at stealth.

The more I research the subject, the easier it becomes for me to spot the sensationalized accounts. I have had a keen interest since childhood and will continue to look into the matter for many years to come. There are some accounts that as Jetset pointed out - are 'Unexplained'...

Based on the amount of material I have researched, documentaries I have watched and my own sighting of what looked like a satellite cruising along, then doing a zigzag in the sky, I am convinced on the subject.

Another interesting documentary you should watch is 'Ancient Aliens'. Although a lot can also be attributed to sensationalism there are also genuine points that make you ponder.

Nate

I'm saving the link to that documentary to watch tomorrow. :thumbsup:

I agree it would be presumptuous, especially when you consider that occasionally someone discovers a new life form on our own little planet that we didn't know was here. You look at stuff like the Hubble deep field and the mind boggles. How can you imagine that the Earth is the only chunk of rock in the vastness of space that has any living creatures on it.

But maybe to them we're something icky like mold spores or bacteria or EColi. :oops:

One book that should be mandatory in everyone's library (especially if extraterrestrial life and UFOs interest you) is "If the Universe Is Teeming with Aliens... Where Is Everybody? Fifty Solutions to Fermi's Paradox and the Problem of Extraterrestrial Life":
Link Removed (invalid URL)

Here you are given fifty solutions that answer "Fermi's Paradox". Enrico Fermi was a Nobel Prize winning physicist who challenged science to explain the existence/non-existence of intelligent life besides our own.

Some of the topics discussed:
Few, if any, other civilizations currently exist
They do exist, but we see no evidence
They are here unobserved
We are alone

More about his paradox here:

One book that should be mandatory... is "If the Universe Is Teeming with Aliens... Where Is Everybody? Fifty Solutions to Fermi's Paradox and the Problem of Extraterrestrial Life

Snappy title! How could I have missed it :p

I bet one day the world as we know it turns out to be the equivalent of a corpuscle in the head of a vastly bigger "alien" entity.

Snappy title! How could I have missed it :p

I bet one day the world as we know it turns out to be the equivalent of a corpuscle in the head of a vastly bigger "alien" entity.

One of the theories discussed is that our solar system is a zoo and we are being observed with the "prime directive" in mind. But the most troubling thing is outer space is so vast - there really is not much incentive to travel overwhelming distances. Even if you could travel faster than light, it would still take decades to get anywhere.

Another interesting theory is that once a civilization becomes "intelligent" and creates what we consider modern technology, they self destruct. :eek2:

I personally think that there has to be some kind of life in the universe, it's too big for us to be alone. I'm not too sure if they come to visit, etc but if we had the technology we would do the same so it's not crazy to think life from other planet comes to explore the earth.

A while ago I watched a documentary that touched the subject of abduction , here is the link:

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the theories discussed is that our solar system is a zoo and we are being observed with the "prime directive" in mind. But the most troubling thing is outer space is so vast - there really is not much incentive to travel overwhelming distances. Even if you could travel faster than light, it would still take decades to get anywhere.

Another interesting theory is that once a civilization becomes "intelligent" and creates what we consider modern technology, they self destruct. :eek2:

My personal belief is sort of in line with the Zoo hypothesis ... I believe that we are being visited just as we visit caged animals in a zoo...

I would agree with you that there is no incentive to travel vast distances. Personally, I believe that teleportation or the use or 'worm holes' for travel is highly likely. Interesting footage from some of the space stations and missions.

Some Nasa Footage

Nate

WOW!!! this is amazing, I watched that doco you sent. It was awesome.

One thing though, why isnt there ANY footage out there that is good. they all wobble about or they arent in focus or something is up wit ALL the footage you see.

I have to say NATE the area im living in right now has ALWAYS been very high for UFO sightings etc.

Google wycliff well in Alice Springs Australia mate- it will blow your mind. But the real funny thing about it all is only 40- kilometres up the road is an American spy base ( most people know it's there) they have a few huindred amercians that work there and the base is all covered in domes with high military guys always patrolling the grounds. You cannot get close to there at all.

I personally think wit the sightings going on here and the base being so close they HAVE to know something si going on.

4000 year old motor

My husband went into cardiac arrest recently, and was in the ICU. He was in an induced coma for three weeks and TG after he came out of it all he could talk about was a '4000 year old alien motor'. He also said that we should take care of this world as they (aliens) were saying that we will kill ourselves if we do not take better care of this world.

We all laughed,because we were relieved but also we were told that he may be a little off for a few weeks, yet.

But here:

I Know What I Saw is a documentary guaranteed to change the way we see the universe. Director James Fox assembled the most credible UFO witnesses from around the world to testify at The National Press Club in Washington D.C. including Air Force generals, astronauts, military and commercial pilots, government and FAA officials from seven countries who tell stories that, as Governor Fife Symington from Arizona stated, “will challenge your reality”.

Their accounts reveal a behind-the-scenes U.S. operation whose policy is to confiscate and hoard substantiating evidence from close encounters to the extent that even Presidents have failed to get straight answers. ‘I KNOW WHAT I SAW’ exposes reasons behind government secrecy from those involved at the highest level. James Fox has won the support of several key media, government and military personnel, and has made numerous television and radio appearances.

Additionally, because of the strength of his ratings and the high level of interest from his audience, Larry King has indicated to James Fox an interest in promoting I Know What I Saw. With the worldwide unrelenting UFO fascination and the phenomenal success of fictional UFO films, it is high time for an up-to-date documentary about UFOs for worldwide release.

There are for sure intelligent life in universe but chance of them visiting us is kinda low.

and i do not believe on these ufo etc.. you see everyday on TV , youtube :D

If a intelligent life with intergalactic travel ability i think if they visit us or if they are on earth, they should have the ability to change the molecules in your brain to make them invisble in your eyes.also the speed of light is not constant but rather breakable. If we only had the right technology we could have been traveling 10 time the speed of light easily.

There are for sure intelligent life in universe but chance of them visiting us is kinda low.

and i do not believe on these ufo etc.. you see everyday on TV , youtube :D

If a intelligent life with intergalactic travel ability i think if they visit us or if they are on earth, they should have the ability to change the molecules in your brain to make them invisble in your eyes.also the speed of light is not constant but rather breakable. If we only had the right technology we could have been traveling 10 time the speed of light easily.

Lol.. The speed of light is NOT rather breakable :)

The speed of light is defined as follows (Approximate values):
kilometres per second - 300,000
kilometres per hour - 1,080 million
miles per second - 186,000
miles per hour - 671 million

The only thing that is theoretically FASTER than light is a Tachyon (Hypothetical Subatomic Particle).

The fastest recorded speed by Man is about 36,360 mph (New Horizons Robotic Spacecraft) as it left earth.

... Man may never come close to traveling at the speed of light but even if we did in the very distant future that would not even help us travel to the NEAREST Solar / Star system fast enough.

The nearest Stars (Besides our own Sun) are Alpha Centauri / Proxima Centauri and it will take us between 4.2 to 4.35 years to reach traveling at the speed of light ...

Nate

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back