TV 2020

mostly on PBS we got stuff like Dr Who (when i was realllllly small), Upstairs, Downstairs, Corrie St, and Fawly Towers.
Later years, Misfits, AbFab, Black Adder, Little Britain, and now Downtown Abbey

There's probably a lot of recent stuff, but then, we had 3 stations, now we've like 3000 so couldnt much tell ya

humour def isnt universal; didnt so much as crack a smile :eek2:
that that British dry wit we hear about?

As a general rule I don’t tend to like U.K. comedies...few exceptions but in the main I’m guilty of, upon finding a show is U.K, not even watching cos if ‘oh Jesus, it’s British’.

Tending to still heavily rely on jokes being thrust at your face (and they say Americans didn’t get irony) and having a cheapish feel to them.

For lack of better taste I did find White Gold (I see its back for season 2 after the Gossip Guy girls allegations) amusing recently, and the Office U.K. still pisses on the US version ;-)

Intelligence, with David Schwimmer, was distinctly ruined with the Britishisms. Boilerplate crap.

IMHO it’s certainly not a classic how it even made it for an Oscar short list who knows ,not a bad film for a Sunday afternoon circa 2068
I'm an hour in and found it typical Scorsese thus far, bearing all the usual signature licks.

Going by the Oscar panels' reasoning they probably lavished it with awards based on nostalgia alone

I'm an hour in and found it typical Scorsese thus far, bearing all the usual signature licks.

Going by the Oscar panels' reasoning they probably lavished it with awards based on nostalgia alone

So only 2.5 hrs of agony left. Trust me, it doesn't get any better.

As far as bad endings go, The Affair's last season was pure woke pantomime

I kinda gave up on that...managed two seasons and that was only cos of my unrequited love for Ruth Wilson.

'oi, is that not the guy who made up serial killers in the wire', began to grate after a while: oohhh, a tortured author who's humping anything that moves, didn't invoke much sympathy, only jealously - like Bonanza 1000x hits.

I kinda gave up on that...managed two seasons and that was only cos of my unrequited love for Ruth Wilson.

'oi, is that not the guy who made up serial killers in the wire', began to grate after a while: oohhh, a tortured author who's humping anything that moves, didn't invoke much sympathy, only jealously - like Bonanza 1000x hits.
You caught the 'best' seasons anyway, i.e about the actual affair. Once they broke up SPOILER it started veering off into the ridiculous, and by the time Allison got bumped off SPOILER the show rapidly descended into desperately trying to wrap up

I am sad Hawaii five 0 has been cancelled. Though got 10 seasons.

Loving the Good doctor at the moment and Picard too.
definitely lots of fan service there (Picard) - i even missed a few 1st go

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back