TV 2020

I am there now lol. Loved seeing 7 of 9 she looks amazing and hugh though briefly bless him
cant believe they just snuffed poor Eceb like that; werent there two lesser known borg kids they coulda offed :p

I’d give my right arm for a TV tonight 3 months after the flood the insurance company has finally started work 10 days they have set aside ooo the joys they wouldn’t fork out for any hotel accommodation 8D8C585C-08E6-4DDB-8E85-50FA5B45DB42.jpeg
Where the TV normally sits..

Back on track after some perverts are derailing.

Off to watch Better Call Saul - 5 season's in and not sure if i like it or not. Think i should like it but times it's quite ploddy.

Some reason, probably simply from being a lazy bastard, tend to fall asleep during episodes. Also think my memory is shot - if a series has been off for >6months, even the recap's not enough - need to go back to the last one of the previous :(

Well I did it guys, I did it. I got through The Irishman :cheerleader:

In hindsight it's pretty terrible. Not so much for the adaptation or directing but that the main cast is older than Moses. And I had wondered about a few early scenes how they looked 'younger', until I realized these depictions are supposed to be them in their 20s and 30s (chortle)

It just doesn't stand up to their advanced age, it loses any sort of edge. They're all pushing 80 for starters, and in no way believable really. It's also sad to see screen legends we've seen in their pomp stumble around trying to be hard with restricted, hunched movements.

Which in itself would be overlooked if the acting was up to par, but even by their standards it's very plodding and 'safe'. Al Pacino does his best Al Pacino masterclass, though with 'De-aging FX' so we know it's Pacino somewhere behind the waxy face and dead eyes. De Niro does his grimmace about 83% throughout the film, only redeeming himself slightly towards the end. Whilst Pesci is the only one who carries any sort of conviction and menace throughout, his performance was good I felt, even if he's likened to Baby Yoda these days.

20 years ago the Irishman might have been a good idea

Here's a prime example of a '30-something' De Niro bringing the pain, aka Herman Munster

Most annoying! - currently re-watching TWD from SKy box sets, nice free downloads to set box and got as far as season 7 episode 7.

Maybe this isn't such a lucky No. for me as I thought as they've now decided to remove them from the menu :mad:

On a lighter note, anyone watched ITV's "Liar" had it recommended to me but don't wanna waste time like I did with that awful Chernobyl!

Cheers!

Some awful films been watched recently: Todays 'Turd of the Day'; has been 'Every Time I Die' on Netflix.

Spoiler - you'll die two and a half times trying to stay awake until the end. Plotless, dull and with a lead guy who you don't know whether he's a creepy git or a shite actor. I went for both.
Looked it up on IMDB. Premise sounds interesting but has a real mixed bag of reviews ranging from You must see this to You can't unsee this. However on balance I will defer to pinnit's not so stellar experience, and give this one a miss.

Most annoying! - currently re-watching TWD from SKy box sets, nice free downloads to set box and got as far as season 7 episode 7.

Maybe this isn't such a lucky No. for me as I thought as they've now decided to remove them from the menu :mad:

On a lighter note, anyone watched ITV's "Liar" had it recommended to me but don't wanna waste time like I did with that awful Chernobyl!

Cheers!
Regarding removal of series - what an absolute bummer! I had Netflix once pull a series on me just as I started watching. Now I always scrupulously check the "leaving now' section to make sure that doesn't happen again. Nothing more infuriating and annoying.

Haven't seen Chernobyl yet, but I intend to. However even though I really like Ioan Gruffudd, Liar doesn't hold any appeal at all so that is one I will be bypassing.

Looked it up on IMDB. Premise sounds interesting but has a real mixed bag of reviews ranging from You must see this to You can't unsee this. However on balance I will defer to pinnit's not so stellar experience, and give this one a miss.

Regarding removal of series - what an absolute bummer! I had Netflix once pull a series on me just as I started watching. Now I always scrupulously check the "leaving now' section to make sure that doesn't happen again. Nothing more infuriating and annoying.

Haven't seen Chernobyl yet, but I intend to. However even though I really like Ioan Gruffudd, Liar doesn't hold any appeal at all so that is one I will be bypassing.

It’s made more maddening when you see certain shows at season 17 etc; eg. NCIS; they’ve fair dragged out ‘move Team, we have a dead Marine’ out of it and Criminal Minds ‘overbearing parents, a Stresser’ etc.
If you’re lucky they’ll have heard it before hand and quickly rattled through and tried to wrap it up, even if it feels rushed.

I was not looking forward to hearing Curb Your Enthusiasm was coming back a number of years ago; thought it may diminish the reputation of one of the funniest shows I’ve seen but, whilst it may be a be bit too self aware, still head and shoulders above most (and some British writers should watch more of to stop producing guff; Fleabag excluded)

Curb is the greatest situational comedy ever and Larry David a comic genius. Nor does he willow or hold back on his inimitable style, unlike most of today's comedy which is lacklustre for the most part.

Neither is there a duff season of Curb, it just doesn't exist, with every episode a load of disjointed random events that combine to form a satisfactory, complete arc.

Only episode I could 'leave' as it were was 'Car Periscope', a bit weak

Even last season it carried on unabated, gender politics, Fatwa: The Musical, whatever :D

Will LOVE watching this season's Curb 'totally not acquired by illegal means' in binge format, because I simply know it'll be great. I have no fears :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back