so whatt is the cure for a non working keyboard key?

I KNOW, I KNOW!!!

I had a sticky "o" a few months back and someone from here (I forget who, sorry) told me to carefully pry out the key, see if anything is stuck under it. I also licked my finger and rubbed on the part under the key, to get off any gunk...snapped the key back on....PERFECT.

Pop the letter off
And use a Dust and lint spray
I have done that a few times and it worked after.
~T~
What a crazy letter lol but we do well lol
T_Key_From_a_Computer_Keyboard_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_081018-232107-279048.jpg

Throw about 4 inches of water in the bathtub and drop the keyboard in. (Preferably upside down.) Swish it around vigorously for a few minutes then let it dry for day or so. (It'll take that long to clean the bathtub out after anyway.)

holy frig you wouldn't believe the amount of stuff in there!!!!!! thanks guy's I'm leery on the tub idea though cause mine is all electronic. t t t t t t t t
yep works great now.

holy frig you wouldn't believe the amount of stuff in there!!!!!! thanks guy's I'm leery on the tub idea though cause mine is all electronic. t t t t t t t t
yep works great now.

Well, what do you think mine is? Mechanical?

It's a circuit board. Get it wet, let it dry. It's fine.

Maybe in the future skiny when i will be gone for a few days I'll do that. What I meant was i also have other features built in besides just a keyboard things to run volume, calc, copy and paste etc. likely makes no difference but hey I'm allowed to be technology illiterate when I wanna be:)

Maybe in the future skiny when i will be gone for a few days I'll do that. What I meant was i also have other features built in besides just a keyboard things to run volume, calc, copy and paste etc. likely makes no difference but hey I'm allowed to be technology illiterate when I wanna be:)

I'm just screwing with you. Nobody ever wants to do it but I've been doing mine for years. More than one in fact.

It helps though if you keep a spare keyboard. I just switch between the two when one's left drying.... and make sure it's dry before you plug it in.

I was given this tip: Once a week turn suction on vacuum cleaner to low, take off the "brush" fitting, then vacuum keyboard with tube - helps prevent the build-up!

Cheers
StaceyLee

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back