Should it be called a win if your win is less then your bet amount

AussieB

Dormant account
This has been discussed in Australia recently about pokie machines calling it a win when your win is less then your bet amount for example your betting a dollar and your prize won on that spin is 80 cents plays some fancy music and calls it a win win which really its not as technically you lost 20cents.

Do you think slots should call it a win if your win amount is less then your bet amount?

It's a win for me as long as it's more than nothing. You do get something back.

I guess they could change it to say Small win though ;)

So my team Newcastle United score one goal against Tottenham's six goals tomorrow and I can call it a win :D

That would be a win as far as Newcastle go...

A return of 1xbet or less is not a win in my eyes either: 1x = break even and anything less not a complete loss. Not much mixing up there..

What i have always liked is how the Crypto slots have it: you see your total bet, then the spin result, and then net win or loss.
Seems they are making a comeback under the NYX label, as they've been popping up a lot, on various sites recently.. :thumbsup:

Here's an example of this display:
mariasuperman200x.jpg
If it were up to me i'd have all slots from all providers forcibly adapt the same manner of display :)

All symbols and combos that pay less then original bet should be banned from slots

If that happened then slots would become far less dynamic and more formulaic. Micro wins allow much more variety of slot games. Their would be far less multi line wins and walking wilds as an example would not work.

This would never happen. It's just psychological in regards to winning back small amounts. The fact that 'win' comes up on screen is supposed to empower the player and stimulate a feeling of progression.

They'd never change it to 'amount returned' as it sounds rubbish, even if technically true. Games providers want the player to endlessly chase and this is punctuated by lots of 'win' reminders, even if the player is actually losing.

How clever!

Well I guess it is a win no matter how small it is, If you spent 100 on a machine and than won 101 can you call that a win? as your only £1 up?

What pissis me of is theses so call big wins / mega wins, What is classed as a mega win? certainly not 10x your bet lol

Do you think slots should call it a win if your win amount is less then your bet amount?
Absolutely NO! I HATE that!
How can they call it a "win" when you just fucking LOST money??? :sob:

Same with "Big Win" and "Mega Win" when it is less than 50x your bet... it's all BOLLOCKS!

KK

Absolutely NO! I HATE that!
How can they call it a "win" when you just fucking LOST money??? :sob:

Yeah it is clearly not a "win" by dictionary definition. Whoever has decided to look into it in Australia has a point. The fact the machines flash it up so often in your face when it is a lie is pretty poor.

Same with "Big Win" and "Mega Win" when it is less than 50x your bet... it's all BOLLOCKS!

Yeah this is just terrible and one of my pet hates. On net ent now 30x is a MEGA WIN. I mean frankly that is embarrassing.

It seems OP is trying to define the word "win" when it is in reference to gambling.
My personal definition of a gambling win is when you withdraw more than you deposited.
But, that's just the definition I use, someone else's might be different.

An old friend's mother used to say that I didn't win because I would have spent more than $100 (or whatever) to win $50.
I used to tell her that the $50 *is profit* but she never used to believe me anyway.

There are some "legally enforced" definitions of words. For example, you would quickly find yourself in prison if you mixed up the definition of food with poison.

A win is 100x or more. Anything less is mud. Unless you misclick $100 spin and win even 10x.

Then you are a WINNER.

Anything under 1x is a winnar. Not a real winner. But a winnar

It amuses me when people buy a scratch card for £1, and then say they 'won £1'. No you didn't, you got a refund!

'Winnings' is probably a better term? I agree that it shouldn't be confused with 'profit' though, a 'win' is also a 'payout'.

it frustrates me when I see a person buy a scratch card in general.

If you dont want your money, Ill take it. Or at least throw it in the wind and watch it float around for a bit first. Least you get something out of it

Ha ha. We won 5-1. :lolup:

Should set you up well for your games next season against Burton Albion et all :thumbsup:, seriously though hope you come straight back up, get all the north east teams in premiership for a change :thumbsup:

Agree with the OP, its not a win if you bet £1 and get 10p back, its a lose.

Should set you up well for your games next season against Burton Albion et all :thumbsup:, seriously though hope you come straight back up, get all the north east teams in premiership for a change :thumbsup:

Agree with the OP, its not a win if you bet £1 and get 10p back, its a lose.

Cheers mate. I hope that Sunderland slay it next year and we storm back up. We need the derbies.

Cheers mate. I hope that Sunderland slay it next year and we storm back up. We need the derbies.

I follow Newcastle too and nothing gets worse than effectively being relegated by Sunderland. My mate's a Spurs fan and for a while I thought spurs would send us down on the last day of the season, he would have loved that!

As it turns out we beat Tottenham home and away, so I win all the bragging rights this year!!

Football can change quickly, I expect us to go up first time with Rafa in charge, hopefully we get to kick Sunderland out of a cup and they get relegated with the lowest ever points tally in prem history!!

I follow Newcastle too and nothing gets worse than effectively being relegated by Sunderland. My mate's a Spurs fan and for a while I thought spurs would send us down on the last day of the season, he would have loved that!

As it turns out we beat Tottenham home and away, so I win all the bragging rights this year!!

Football can change quickly, I expect us to go up first time with Rafa in charge, hopefully we get to kick Sunderland out of a cup and they get relegated with the lowest ever points tally in prem history!!

Good to hear that another Toon supporter posts in here. I love the derbies way too much to want them to go down. I would have loved them to have gone down with us though.

Good to hear that another Toon supporter posts in here. I love the derbies way too much to want them to go down. I would have loved them to have gone down with us though.

Ahh, that's the spirit. Try as you might, and despite all the friendly banter, the Mackem hatred is still strong!

Keep it up! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back