Prepare & E-File your taxes (USA) for free*

winbig

Keep winning this amount.
This has been around for a number of years, but I'm sure not everyone knows of it.

Basically, if your AGI is less than $54,000, you can have your taxes "prepared" and filed electronic or otherwise, for free, online. The link below lists all of the participating companies and their requirements.

This only applies to Federal returns. Most, if not all, companies will try to sell you on filing your state taxes at the same time for a fee, but it's not required to complete your Federal return. I usually file my state return the old fashioned way...Some states even have it where you can file over the phone. :)

Personally, I like either H&R Block's, or the TurboTax site.

If the amount is not specified, Free File online tax preparation and e-file services are limited to taxpayers with an Adjusted Gross Income of $54,000 or less; or otherwise as noted.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Be careful if you have alot of deductions. I did my own experiment. I did turbo tax and IRS at the same time (it doesnt count unless you actually hit the submit button) just to see if the amounts were the same

There was a $600 difference!!! Turbo Tax finds way more deductions so in the end, cheap comes out expensive

Be careful if you have alot of deductions. I did my own experiment. I did turbo tax and IRS at the same time (it doesnt count unless you actually hit the submit button) just to see if the amounts were the same

There was a $600 difference!!! Turbo Tax finds way more deductions so in the end, cheap comes out expensive

Yea, that's why I love TurboTax ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back