North Korea and US politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump can blow his own trumpet all he likes but Kim Jong Un is far from a stupid person. Whatever he is planning it will not be because he is running scared of Trump.

He has an ego as big as Trump. If he Unites Korea he has done something his predecessors never and that will be a huge boost to him. If indeed he is under pressure to do it i would say the pressure is from China not USA he is listening to. But everything has to be about USA.

Give it time to see if he does find peace with South Korea and the world.

But remember this deal suits Russia China and North Korea more than it does USA. No doubt if he declares peace with the South for the moment and plans to stop his Nuclear program then he will be expecting South Korea to also get rid of the American troops and influence. By doing so the USA will no longer have a vested interest and be able to interfere which suits all allies or friends of North Korea.

Last edited:
Trump can blow his own trumpet all he likes but Kim Jong Un is far from a stupid person. Whatever he is planning it will not be because he is running scared of Trump.

He has an ego as big as Trump. If he Unites Korea he has done something his predecessors never and that will be a huge boost to him. If indeed he is under pressure to do it i would say the pressure is from China not USA he is listening to. But everything has to be about USA.

But remember this deal suits Russia China and North Korea more than it does USA. No doubt if he declares peace with the South for the moment and plans to stop his Nuclear program then he will be expecting South Korea to also get rid of the American troops and influence. By doing so the USA will no longer have a vested interest and be able to interfere which suits all allies or friends of North Korea.

Problem is, he is far from the only one blowing his horn this time. What would be the agenda of the main stream media giving him credit then? Just curious.

You speak about the pressure from China. Where did that pressure come from to get China involved?

Since Trump has taken office he has implemented 3 rounds of sanctions targeting their coal, labor and textiles. All three are the main factors that give them any kind of economy at all.

A high level defector made a statement that Kim Jong Un wants to come to the table to improve his country and the 25 million people in it and the security of his country.

As for any deal in place, Kim seems to be looking for a 4 country peace treaty between Japan, SK, Russia and China and would not ask the US to remove its 28,000 troops. There were numerous reports that he would not ask that.

What do you mean everything has to be about the USA? Are they not the ones that are leading the front on North Korea? No? Ok who else is it and why?

Very well said! And probably closest to the truth!

Problem is, he is far from the only one blowing his horn this time. What would be the agenda of the main stream media giving him credit then? Just curious.

You speak about the pressure from China. Where did that pressure come from to get China involved?

Since Trump has taken office he has implemented 3 rounds of sanctions targeting their coal, labor and textiles. All three are the main factors that give them any kind of economy at all.

A high level defector made a statement that Kim Jong Un wants to come to the table to improve his country and the 25 million people in it and the security of his country.

As for any deal in place, Kim seems to be looking for a 4 country peace treaty between Japan, SK, Russia and China and would not ask the US to remove its 28,000 troops. There were numerous reports that he would not ask that.

What do you mean everything has to be about the USA? Are they not the ones that are leading the front on North Korea? No? Ok who else is it and why?

Yet again you are counting your chickens before they hatch and start the cheerleading round early. :rolleyes:

What happened to the ACA, to the gun control laws, etc, etc? All things you lauded Mr. T and asked others to give him credit, yet nothing worth mentioning has come out of it.

We are right now in the same situation as in previous rounds of NK showing willingness to talk and negotiate. No more, no less. Yes, Mr. T can get a little credit for his actions and words to advance the situation to this point, but he would be nowhere without China, South Korea and Russia. Moon won the election by a large margin with the promise to bring peace to the KP and from day one started his efforts. The main credit should / has to go to him and his diplomats, certainly not Mr. T.

I will give Mr. T credit when he sits opposite Kim Jong Un and signs the long needed peace treaty. Not an iota earlier.

But it remains to be seen if Kim will not play Mr. T as well "like a fiddle" since Mr. T so strongly believes that is what happened to other presidents.

Very well said! And probably closest to the truth!

unfortunately those were old talking points of a few pundits that do sound good but are factually untrue. Especially proven of late as most words are coming from Kim and Nk himself or professional analysts on NK.

There is basically no one left saying it was anyone else but the USA. Aside from haters.

As a matter of fact, NK has always wanted a positive relationship with the USA over most countries so they werent bound by China's hand. China gains little by this while the biggest winners is NK, SK and the USA. On a security level, all of them I guess. On a financial loss level, Japan as NK would most likely be award 5-10 billion dollars for past war crimes that was given to south korea but not north korea yet as they have been a rogue country.

NK aim was always to amend ties with the USA, so its not mostly intertwined with just China and Russia.

“An end to US enmity remains Kim Jong Un’s aim just as it was his grandfather’s and father’s for the past thirty years,” says Leon Sigal, author of Disarming Strangers: Nuclear Diplomacy with North Korea.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

During the Clinton years

During the Cold War, Kim’s grandfather, Kim Il Sung, sought to reduce over-dependence on China by working with the Soviet Union. As the Soviet Union was about to collapse, he reached out to the U.S., Japan and South Korea for the same reason.

Kim, 36, came into office in 2012 promising to modernize and improve his country’s economy. Trump’s “maximum pressure campaign” to force him to abandon nuclear weapons has made that difficult.

Washington (CNN)Any way you cut it, President Donald Trump is entitled to significant credit for Friday's historic opening between the two Koreas.

National security experts, and even the
, are crediting Mr. Trump for bringing North Korea to the table.

"I think the president deserves credit for getting us this far. No president has put as much pressure on North Korea as Donald Trump has, and that's a good thing," CBS News senior national security contributor Michael Morell said Friday on "CBS This Morning." Morell spent more than three decades at the CIA, becoming the deputy and acting director. But he said the outcome of the Kim-Moon summit was "not surprising."

Last edited:
Yet again you are counting your chickens before they hatch and start the cheerleading round early. :rolleyes:

What happened to the ACA, to the gun control laws, etc, etc? All things you lauded Mr. T and asked others to give him credit, yet nothing worth mentioning has come out of it.

We are right now in the same situation as in previous rounds of NK showing willingness to talk and negotiate. No more, no less. Yes, Mr. T can get a little credit for his actions and words to advance the situation to this point, but he would be nowhere without China, South Korea and Russia. Moon won the election by a large margin with the promise to bring peace to the KP and from day one started his efforts. The main credit should / has to go to him and his diplomats, certainly not Mr. T.

I will give Mr. T credit when he sits opposite Kim Jong Un and signs the long needed peace treaty. Not an iota earlier.

But it remains to be seen if Kim will not play Mr. T as well "like a fiddle" since Mr. T so strongly believes that is what happened to other presidents.

So I guess you are mad at CNN, CBS, ABC, BBC, MSNBC too for cheerleading him? How come you are the only one saying he deserves little credit? How come all liberal new sites disagree with you? I know why.

And btw I didnt know gun laws were changed in months time.

And for some reason you thinking that we care if you give him credit is important is pretty funny. I dont think a single person or lurker would ever expect that to happen or care if it did. The important factor is what all the analysts are saying from both sides and different parts of the world. Not whether or not Harry gives Trump credit.

And just to add, the USA deserves credit for the simple reason of talks and progress up until this point. Thats how things work, people go with the facts they are given and grade them.

Last edited:

I think I heard last week the US upped pressure on China to put more sanctions on banking to NK. I also heard Japan and US have prisoners they want released. I also heard that Pompeo went to NK over Easter weekend.

Last edited:
I just want to throw this out here. I know its not " American", but the focus should not always be put on them anyways. It gives a taste in how media really works.

I have watched so many videos and research on this type of stuff. Its actually quite scary if you really think about it. But if you dont get drawn into and just go about your daily life and decide things on our own, you are doing ok. The day the media starts making decisions for you and how you think, you have lost.

You can look it up. The media has been responsible for many things including wars, elections, arrests, political agendas.

Do you ever notice this day and age with the media, every article is in relation to anti body shaming and pro homosexuality? Its their agenda that both overweight people and homosexuals, transgenders be widely accepted. And by the way before any gets the wrong idea, this is not whether I think its ok or not okay. I am just stating it is their agenda and they are pushing it harder than I have ever seen.

Just last week, Parry Sound put a sign on the female bathroom doors welcoming transgenders and females in, stating something along the lines of "you know what gender suits you, so choose the one that fits your needs" There was quite the outrage because mothers did not want people with penises around their daughters. I do agree with that one. You have a penis, you go in the mens room, you have a vagina you go in the girls. It could be different if there wasnt pedophiles and high kidnapping rates in north america. Sadly there is a high rate of both. The liberal government is too busy trying to be accepting of minorities they are forgetting about the safety of others.

All of this came about because of the media and the agenda.

I have watched so many videos and research on this type of stuff. Its actually quite scary if you really think about it. But if you dont get drawn into and just go about your daily life and decide things on our own, you are doing ok. The day the media starts making decisions for you and how you think, you have lost.

You can look it up. The media has been responsible for many things including wars, elections, arrests, political agendas.

Do you ever notice this day and age with the media, every article is in relation to anti body shaming and pro homosexuality? Its their agenda that both overweight people and homosexuals, transgenders be widely accepted. And by the way before any gets the wrong idea, this is not whether I think its ok or not okay. I am just stating it is their agenda and they are pushing it harder than I have ever seen.

Just last week, Parry Sound put a sign on the female bathroom doors welcoming transgenders and females in, stating something along the lines of "you know what gender suits you, so choose the one that fits your needs" There was quite the outrage because mothers did not want people with penises around their daughters. I do agree with that one. You have a penis, you go in the mens room, you have a vagina you go in the girls. It could be different if there wasnt pedophiles and high kidnapping rates in north america. Sadly there is a high rate of both. The liberal government is too busy trying to be accepting of minorities they are forgetting about the safety of others.

All of this came about because of the media and the agenda.
Im going to go to bed. I will read this in the morning, but most of my publications have been with Metroland. Media. Guelph Mercury ( closed now) and the Spectator. I've had so many things in the Expositor. They as in most media outlets are bought and paid for news. You are right, it is scary! And what makes it even more scarier, is the public platform being used. Digital age gone awry! Twitter, Facebook. Looking at the GEO's on most users who spend more then 20 hours a week on these platforms, are the ones who will believe what they read, and will be the 80-% of decided voters. Brilliant marketing in a Frankensteinish way.

Im going to go to bed. I will read this in the morning, but most of my publications have been with Metroland. Media. Guelph Mercury ( closed now) and the Spectator. I've had so many things in the Expositor. They as in most media outlets are bought and paid for news. You are right, it is scary! And what makes it even more scarier, is the public platform being used. Digital age gone awry! Twitter, Facebook. Looking at the GEO's on most users who spend more then 20 hours a week on these platforms, are the ones who will believe what they read, and will be the 80-% of decided voters. Brilliant marketing in a Frankensteinish way.

Look at most articles on news sites like yahoo and fox. Most of their "sources" or story line to pump up their agenda comes from random twitter accounts. Why are you making an article read by hundreds of thousands because of what 5 random people with 10 followers on twitter thinks? How do you not know those 5 people arent murderers or serious drug addicts or sex offenders? They dont. They think well hey if we show 5 people feel this way maybe everyone else will buy into it.

They are pros at taking something small and making them seem big or a serious issue and we must all do what they suggest or the world will end as we know it!

The best days of my life is when i do not visit new websites and I go about my day and run into pleasant people everywhere and I quickly realize, the world is okay.

I go about my day and run into pleasant people everywhere and I quickly realize, the world is okay.
:eek2:
youre better people than I.
When I 'people' I think...let the bugs take over, I hate humanity ;)

So I guess you are mad at CNN, CBS, ABC, BBC, MSNBC too for cheerleading him? How come you are the only one saying he deserves little credit? How come all liberal new sites disagree with you? I know why.

And for some reason you thinking that we care if you give him credit is important is pretty funny. I dont think a single person or lurker would ever expect that to happen or care if it did. The important factor is what all the analysts are saying from both sides and different parts of the world. Not whether or not Harry gives Trump credit.

And just to add, the USA deserves credit for the simple reason of talks and progress up until this point. Thats how things work, people go with the facts they are given and grade them.

It's reasonable to give credit where credit is do.

Why should I be mad? Contrary to you I am not mad at everyone disagreeing with me.

A little credit means that there were and are other players that contributed to advance the process up to this stage. Just as much credit has to go to China, the UN for passing the sanctions etc. etc. However, Moon's team has worked relentlessly in the background since his election, that is a lot more worth than Mr. T has done. Sanctions have been imposed in the past by all US presidents and the UN and none of the Kims gave a "rat's ass" about it, they let their people starve to death instead.

Plus, when you read the statements form all those analysts you will see in each of them at some point a sentence starting with "But". Everyone knows, this is early days.

Why would I think or want that you care? I can't give a flying monkey what you care about. Me giving him credit is not more or less worth than you giving him credit and cheerleading for Mr. T.

Last edited:
Why should I be mad? Contrary to you I am not mad at everyone disagreeing with me.

A little credit means that there were and are other players that contributed to advance the process up to this stage. Just as much credit has to go to China, the UN for passing the sanctions etc. etc. However, Moon's team has worked relentlessly in the background since his election, that is a lot more worth than Mr. T has done. Sanctions have been imposed in the past by all US presidents and the UN and none of the Kims gave a "rat's ass" about it, they let their people starve to death instead.

Plus, when you read the statements form all those analysts you will see in each of them at some point a sentence starting with "But". Everyone knows, this is early days.

Why would I think or want that you care? I can't give a flying monkey what you care about. Me giving him credit is not more or less worth than you giving him credit and cheerleading for Mr. T.

Yes I forgot, calling me a cheerleader and eyeroll emotes is always so friendly!

You stated to me, you will give credit when its due and not a moment before. I simply responded I dont care if or when you do and dont expect it. I dont think that means I am mad.

They actually make a beer called flying monkey in a brewery about 25 minutes away from my house. So do you mean you dont give a beer about what I care about or the fictional character?

Incredible progress being made at a very fast pace.

Nuclear site to be closed by May and NK will invite SK and USA experts and journalists to the main test site :eek:

Also will change their time zone to align with South Koreas

:eek2::eek2::eek::eek:

I'm going to politely bow out of any politic threads, even though I do love politics. I had a talk with Steviedoo yesterday, and we both feel its the best decision. Having discussions online are very different face to face.

That is why i do not really bother entering these threads.

Better to just let people rant on about what they believe in peace. Will always be different opinions and people are entitled to that.

Political debates are like religion. I used to get all these facts about how God is real and how i will rot in hell for not believing. Like that would scare me into believing lol. Anyway point is that once someone is so convinced they are right there is no way you can enter a discussion with them.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone:)

I'm going to politely bow out of any politic threads, even though I do love politics. I had a talk with Steviedoo yesterday, and we both feel its the best decision. Having discussions online are very different face to face.
We all want the same thing- Peace and stability. It is just that folk come at it from differing perspectives :)

We all want the same thing- Peace and stability. It is just that folk come at it from differing perspectives :)

I honestly feel it's not what is said it's the way it's said. People seem to need to be agressive in the way they post.

They seem to need to be the one who's right . So its no longer a "discussion" its a who can shout louder, be more right, be cleverer.

They don't want to hear or consider what the opposing view is as they are right and they are going to use lots of words until the other party submits. But they don't submit.

This thread will most likely get forked. Ì won't be sorry. Ì don't like seeing the attacking going on. If you say but im not doing that. I beg to differ.

Peace and stability yes please but you won't find it in this thread.

Enjoy sunday

I honestly feel it's not what is said it's the way it's said. People seem to need to be agressive in the way they post.

They seem to need to be the one who's right . So its no longer a "discussion" its a who can shout louder, be more right, be cleverer.

They don't want to hear or consider what the opposing view is as they are right and they are going to use lots of words until the other party submits. But they don't submit.

This thread will most likely get forked. Ì won't be sorry. Ì don't like seeing the attacking going on. If you say but im not doing that. I beg to differ.

Peace and stability yes please but you won't find it in this thread.

Enjoy sunday
Attacking the poster instead of the post is not debate. That is where the problems lay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back