North Korea and US politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
probably far fetched but I wonder if this could have a bearing on the mike pence thing tomorrow...

I thought there was some sort of mechanism in the senate where a simple majority is not enough to vote things through [ because of the use of the filibuster tactic?]

The minority then felt politically safer in threatening filibusters more regularly, which became normalized over time to the point that 60 votes are now required to end debate on nearly every controversial legislative item. As a result, "the contemporary Senate has morphed into a 60-vote institution — the new normal for approving measures or matters — a fundamental transformation from earlier years.

Would Joe need 60 senate votes to add another two states I wonder?

Hmm good question. I don't know how many votes he would need. I think they got rid of filibuster for SCOTUS nominations. Might get rid of it in this too...who knows!

I'm guessing Trump wanted to discuss about pardons. If Pence will give one for him if he steps down. 2 weeks left.

Last edited by a moderator:
probably far fetched but I wonder if this could have a bearing on the mike pence thing tomorrow...

I thought there was some sort of mechanism in the senate where a simple majority is not enough to vote things through [ because of the use of the filibuster tactic?]

The minority then felt politically safer in threatening filibusters more regularly, which became normalized over time to the point that 60 votes are now required to end debate on nearly every controversial legislative item. As a result, "the contemporary Senate has morphed into a 60-vote institution — the new normal for approving measures or matters — a fundamental transformation from earlier years.

Would Joe need 60 senate votes to add another two states I wonder?

Ok. Mike Pence has no authority over anything tomorrow.

it is a ceremony that the VP performs every four years. Part of his duties.

once it gets to this stage. There is nothing anyone can do. All states have ratified the EC votes. It’s done. And once it’s done the rest is all ceremony. So majority or minority in either house or senate doesn’t matter.

Georgia Senate race looking good for the democrats BUT I do think Ossoff could come just short by a few 1000s votes for them to take the senate
They might be down 90k and 60k ish, but theres 170k left in a dekalb county which is going 80-20 in favour of the democrats
With a few 20k+ around the area. But either way I think both races with come down to less 10k votes each

Last edited:
Seems that democrats will take the senate too. Thank you Trump I guess? Nice rallies and good speeches on voter fraud etc. And trying to delegitimize the elections. Maybe less kind of dictator/racist/moron candidate next time for the republicans? Can only hope!

How this man was/is the president of one of the biggest country's in the world baffles me, How he does not understand how counting works on elections,
There are still small areas in Georgia reporting votes still now which are in he's favour but he's not commenting on these, For some strange reason these votes are okay :laugh::laugh:
The fact he gets 100k+ likes and retweets on these kind of tweets scare the fuck out of me that there's people in this world who are so dumb and brainwashed. He is the modern day Hitler :thumbsup:

That would be quite the hat-trick for Trump wouldn't it, in four years he'd have managed to lose the House, the Senate, and the Presidency.

I wonder if anyone predicted such a thing back before he received the presidential nomination?

1609923070023.png

That would be quite the hat-trick for Trump wouldn't it, in four years he'd have managed to lose the House, the Senate, and the Presidency.

I wonder if anyone predicted such a thing back before he received the presidential nomination?

View attachment 148612
Well, if the votes dont turn out in your favor, just ignore the will of the voters and commit to a coup instead.
Wouldnt suprise me if they try to do something similar today.
Republicans are really starting to show their true colors under Trumps rule.

Fantastic scenes at capital hill, true patriots...

cant concede when theft is involved, wise words from the Donald!..

Protesting is fine. If they try to do something else then they get bullets. Secret service etc. don't mess around. Let's see how stupid trumpsters get.

Protesting is fine. If they try to do something else then they get bullets. Secret service etc. don't mess around. Let's see how stupid trumpsters get.
Oh it’s ok trump supporters to get bullets? Imagine me saying that about the dozy dems haha!

Could easily be agent provocateurs but way to jump the gun and assume who is behind it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back