North Korea and US politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
They aren't happy

If trump wanted an interest cut I do disagree with that unless it's just a short term measure to boost the economy, I'd like the interest rates to go back up to around 3% to match inflation, for 10 years we've had rates below 1% , whereas in the 90's rates were always above 5%, it just seems odd to have a totally different approach now.

And low interest rates drive house prices up, houses in my street have tripled in price in twenty years but wages haven't tripled so it's an issue to pay off the debt while maintaining a decent standard of living.

And i thought Bonanza was a repetitive thread lol.

129 pages on here repeating 127 pages on this President Trump .

So after 256 pages can anyone tell me is Trump the best president ever :D

Hey it's still probably fewer posts here than the number of Trump's tweets during his presidency.

With the exception of fox tv, the corporate media despise Trump, so I find it odd this new angry left getting into bed with the corporate media, I suspect at the end of the day it's really all about identity politics and political correctness, [rather than trump using the threat of tariffs to renegotiate trade deals] trump doesn't go along with it so he must be villified along with anyone willing to give him a chance. [the anger seems to focus on shutting down other view points and the general freedom of speech of anyone who disagrees with them ]

Bernie Sanders is more of a traditional left winger and gives an interesting reply in the vid below regarding open borders, saying that they don't help the poor in a country it's the opposite. Helping the least well off in terms of more and better employment has always been the stated goal of the left but this is no longer the priority of politicians like hillary who simply want to write off millions of the electorate as deplorables. Although different to trump, the deep state don't like sanders either, hence the dnc's bias towards hillary getting the nomination. I wonder where the anti trumpsters on this thread stand on bernie??

What do you expect the media to report when the current US president stands next to Abe in Japan and says: "Obama and Biden were a disaster with the economy and with the military. They were really bad." He just has no class or respect whatsoever.

Other than Faux News who will defend him to their death, no other TV / news channel can report anything positive about him. Denigrating everyone and bragging all the time how great he is, having his sycophants doing a kowtow and confirm what a "stable genius" he is - what do you think a news channel should say to that or how they should report it?

So please, don't try and push again your "poor Mr. T is not liked my the media" thing because there is simply nothing positive to report. When a president lies 24/7, day in day out, what do you expect?

Last edited:
What do you expect the media to report when the current US president stands next to Abe in Japan and says: "Obama and Biden were a disaster with the econonmy and with the military. They were really bad." He just has no class or respect whatsoever.

Other than Faux News who will defend him to their death, no other TV / news channel can report anything positive about him. Denigrating everyone and bragging all the time how great he is, having his sycophants doing a kowtow and confirm what a "stable genius" he is - what do you think a news channel should say to that or how they should report it?

So please, don't try and push again your "poor Mr. T is not liked my the media" thing because there is simply nothing positive to report. When a president lies 24/7, day in day out, what would you expect?

The media are the chief liars all over the globe, so I don't buy that argument, physical events etc are reported truthfully but everything else in the realm of politics is up for grabs; thus open to exaggeration, lies, falsehoods and so on. They try to influence the outcome of elections, where they have failed recently to achieve their desired outcome, the 2016 presidential election and brexit, they have not accepted the outcomes and continued to work tirelessly to propagate lies and false stories, to denigrate those that voted for trump and leave etc...

That dig was likely aimed more against biden seeing as he is a leading potential opponent in the 2020, it's not the way I'd go about things but I'm not a billionaire real estate magnate, the trickster politician like blair or bill clinton is a far more dangerous prospect to democracy, the moment trump becomes hard to read that's the moment I'd be worried, what is he's true intent...

Apparently john mccain scuppered the healthcare reform and paul ryan was also obstructing it, I don't think there was much wrong with Trump's campaign promises/ideas: withdraw troops and stop getting involved in pointless ME wars, stop mass illegal immigration [building that wall] to reduce crime and other social problems from increasing (homelessness, unemployment etc..) try to bring back and restore some of the manufacturing base, renegotiate nafta and scrap tpp, reform the healthcare system, improve relations with russia...they're the main ones I heard and read about.

Some of these are traditional left wing policies, when there used to be trade tariffs the worker's unions didn't complain as they knew it protected their jobs, the removal of tariffs through nafta cost thousands of working class and middle americans their jobs and livelihood. All that has happened in the last twenty years is the top 1% have become much wealthier, the income divide is the greatest it's ever been in countries like the US and UK.

Conveniently the democrats have moved from focusing on their previous core voters, blue collar workers etc.. onto identity politics and open borders, which suits the 1% fine.

If the media you respect so much concentrated on criticising trump re not doing enough on education and training, too many tax cuts for the rich, damage to the physical environment from fracking, arm sales to saudi etc.. I'd have more respect for them but they're not really bothered about these issues based on how much time or emphasis they place on them say compared to that border wall debate.

People are slowly waking up to the lying media, at which point politics becomes interesting again as everyone has to make up their own minds, which is what they did in those two big voting events...

The media are the chief liars all over the globe, so I don't buy that argument, physical events etc are reported truthfully but everything else in the realm of politics is up for grabs; thus open to exaggeration, lies, falsehoods and so on. They try to influence the outcome of elections, where they have failed recently to achieve their desired outcome, the 2016 presidential election and brexit, they have not accepted the outcomes and continued to work tirelessly to propagate lies and false stories, to denigrate those that voted for trump and leave etc...

That dig was likely aimed more against biden seeing as he is a leading potential opponent in the 2020, it's not the way I'd go about things but I'm not a billionaire real estate magnate, the trickster politician like blair or bill clinton is a far more dangerous prospect to democracy, the moment trump becomes hard to read that's the moment I'd be worried, what is he's true intent...

Apparently john mccain scuppered the healthcare reform and paul ryan was also obstructing it, I don't think there was much wrong with Trump's campaign promises/ideas: withdraw troops and stop getting involved in pointless ME wars, stop mass illegal immigration [building that wall] to reduce crime and other social problems from increasing (homelessness, unemployment etc..) try to bring back and restore some of the manufacturing base, renegotiate nafta and scrap tpp, reform the healthcare system, improve relations with russia...they're the main ones I heard and read about.

Some of these are traditional left wing policies, when there used to be trade tariffs the worker's unions didn't complain as they knew it protected their jobs, the removal of tariffs through nafta cost thousands of working class and middle americans their jobs and livelihood. All that has happened in the last twenty years is the top 1% have become much wealthier, the income divide is the greatest it's ever been in countries like the US and UK.

Conveniently the democrats have moved from focusing on their previous core voters, blue collar workers etc.. onto identity politics and open borders, which suits the 1% fine.

If the media you respect so much concentrated on criticising trump re not doing enough on education and training, too many tax cuts for the rich, damage to the physical environment from fracking, arm sales to saudi etc.. I'd have more respect for them but they're not really bothered about these issues based on how much time or emphasis they place on them say compared to that border wall debate.

People are slowly waking up to the lying media, at which point politics becomes interesting again as everyone has to make up their own minds, which is what they did in those two big voting events...

thats a bingo.gif

Okay I have a suggestion. Start following Bret Baier and Chris Wallace. They should be unbiased enough and maybe you'd get more real info. Or you think they are part of deep state or whatever? :p

By the way...they didn't have any replacement for healthcare. They just wanted to dismantle ACA and that's it.

Okay I have a suggestion. Start following Bret Baier and Chris Wallace. They should be unbiased enough and maybe you'd get more real info. Or you think they are part of deep state or whatever? :p

By the way...they didn't have any replacement for healthcare. They just wanted to dismantle ACA and that's it.

I have to say I'm not that keen on chris wallace, he's not too bad but I noticed some loaded questioning during the republican debate that instantly put me off. Bret Baier, I recognise the face but haven't seen much of his work

I'm quite happy to admit I don't know all the ins and outs of trumps tenure, I find the healthcare debate confusing, I don't know enough about the problems with the current system other than the high cost. I thought obama's system helped the large insurers too much, that's what I remember hearing.

I grew up watching an interviewer in the uk called brian walden, who was an mp at first then switched career to television where he won major awards, this vid I just found is actually more interesting than I first thought as it covers the very issues we've been discussing regarding imports, jobs and tariffs:

I disagree with brian in this interview, he's pushing the globalist view whereas sir jimmy goldsmith was actually taking the old conservative view, similar to trump's, on manufacturing and jobs.

Last edited:

I don't think that's accurate, Vorcirion. It wasn't so much Obamacare as it was the mandate. The mandate is gone. A good portion of Obamacare remains unaffected. A few key changes include the ability to lower the actuarial value of certain types of coverage. Subsidies and tax credits are not determined by income or incurred expenses. This is determined by age. The cost of coverage is also factored by age---> with a 5 to 1 ratio. Obamacare was 3:1. You old farts will pay 5 times more for healthcare than your grandkids will. Sucks to be old. Pre-existing coverage is still a thing but the enrollment window is shortened to 6 weeks. I don't know (or understand ) much else.

I don't think that's accurate, Vorcirion. It wasn't so much Obamacare as it was the mandate. The mandate is gone. A good portion of Obamacare remains unaffected. A few key changes include the ability to lower the actuarial value of certain types of coverage. Subsidies and tax credits are not determined by income or incurred expenses. This is determined by age. The cost of coverage is also factored by age---> with a 5 to 1 ratio. Obamacare was 3:1. You old farts will pay 5 times more for healthcare than your grandkids will. Sucks to be old. Pre-existing coverage is still a thing but the enrollment window is shortened to 6 weeks. I don't know (or understand ) much else.

"In December, a federal judge in Texas ruled Obamacare unconstitutional after 20 Republican-led states filed a suit against the health-care policy. U.S. District Judge Reed O’Connor said that without the individual mandate, the law could not stand."
I'd say that's dismantling it. And it would be nice for americans to see what republicans offer as a replacement.

Right. It has been replaced with The American Healthcare Act. My point was that many (positive) aspects of Obamacare are still in effect. I think taking the view that the Trump administration was intent on destroying everything Obamacare is a bit dramatic.

Edited to add: GOP and Trump Administration are not interchangeable in this instance, so I will concede that there was some truth in your statement as to GOP intent. I apologize.

Last edited:
Right. It has been replaced with The American Healthcare Act. My point was that many (positive) aspects of Obamacare are still in effect. I think taking the view that the Trump administration was intent on destroying everything Obamacare is a bit dramatic.

Sure there are many positive aspects in effect...but
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

So people need to decide what they want from the next administration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back