North Korea and US politics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its like the war on drugs.
Thankfully drugs are slowly but surely winning that war. :p

I cant turn full hippie before they legalize the devils lettuce over here.
We usually follow USA:s lead when it comes to stuff like this, so im sure we will do on this aswell in the future.
For now we play the waiting game.
View attachment 145134

I thought liberal sweden would have legalised hash by now :eek2:

During the summer it is very very easy to get some Mary Jane just ask someone that looks like a smoker. Try to ask a rastaman or a someone that looks like a “hip hoper” they will help you try to ask when they are drunk ;)

Thanks to a government crackdown on drugs that has lasted decades, alcohol is the most common way to get loose among Swedes. Greater Stockholm is a city built on an archipelago of small islands whose 1.7 million residents gorge themselves on fish – poached, pickled and fried. They also have an old-time fisherman’s taste for booze. Strong local beers, as well as wine and liquor, are sold by the state-owned Systembolaget outlets, which are widespread and open on weekdays. Customers take a number, and Friday afternoon lines are long. But while it is the most popular and prevalent, alcohol certainly isn’t the sole party favour in Sweden’s capital.

“In the summer the hash is top quality, but during the winter the quality is not so good,” said a tourist named Kevin

The Swedish judicial system divides narcotics offences into minor, simple and aggravated categories based on the amount of drugs involved – regardless of whether there was intent to sell. Those convicted of minor offences can get up to six months in jail. Simple offences carry a three-year sentence, while aggravated convictions garner at least two and a possible 10 years in prison. “Sweden has one of the harshest drugs policies in the world,” wrote journalist Danny Rosenbaum. “In many countries, including Britain, it is common for people in possession of cannabis to face only a caution. In Sweden, however, offenders are always prosecuted.”

-----------
Best it be no reefers then for you young bear! :p

Last edited:
I thought liberal sweden would have legalised hash by now :eek2:

During the summer it is very very easy to get some Mary Jane just ask someone that looks like a smoker. Try to ask a rastaman or a someone that looks like a “hip hoper” they will help you try to ask when they are drunk ;)

Thanks to a government crackdown on drugs that has lasted decades, alcohol is the most common way to get loose among Swedes. Greater Stockholm is a city built on an archipelago of small islands whose 1.7 million residents gorge themselves on fish – poached, pickled and fried. They also have an old-time fisherman’s taste for booze. Strong local beers, as well as wine and liquor, are sold by the state-owned Systembolaget outlets, which are widespread and open on weekdays. Customers take a number, and Friday afternoon lines are long. But while it is the most popular and prevalent, alcohol certainly isn’t the sole party favour in Sweden’s capital.

“In the summer the hash is top quality, but during the winter the quality is not so good,” said a tourist named Kevin

The Swedish judicial system divides narcotics offences into minor, simple and aggravated categories based on the amount of drugs involved – regardless of whether there was intent to sell. Those convicted of minor offences can get up to six months in jail. Simple offences carry a three-year sentence, while aggravated convictions garner at least two and a possible 10 years in prison. “Sweden has one of the harshest drugs policies in the world,” wrote journalist Danny Rosenbaum. “In many countries, including Britain, it is common for people in possession of cannabis to face only a caution. In Sweden, however, offenders are always prosecuted.”

-----------
Best it be then no reefers for you young bear! :p
Used to smoke quite a bit back in the day.
But as i got older, the possible cons started outweighing the pros.

Still smoke a couple of times per year, when im out fishing (not on boat) or roaming around in the woods.
I think its better than drinking in every way, and i think its a shame that its illegal.
Sure it can be abused, but no worse than other things that are legal.

Used to smoke quite a bit back in the day.
But as i got older, the possible cons started outweighing the pros.

Still smoke a couple of times per year, when im out fishing (not on boat) or roaming around in the woods.
I think its better than drinking in every way, and i think its a shame that its illegal.
Sure it can be abused, but no worse than other things that are legal.
Aweful thing marijuana, mind rotting nonsense.

But on a whole I agree it causes less shit than alcohol by a country mile, the A and E admittance records in the U.K. would would easily back this up.

Aweful thing marijuana, mind rotting nonsense.

But on a whole I agree it causes less shit than alcohol by a country mile, the A and E admittance records in the U.K. would would easily back this up.
I think its pretty much the same as with alcohol when it comes to mind rotting.
Use it in excess ie abuse it, and its bad.
A joint every now and then or a drink every now and then never hurt anyone.

But as you say, for the society, the biggest costs coming from marijuana are actually because its illegal in alot of places, im thinking about the police costs, people in prison etc.
You dont get many people getting agressive by smoking, and if its legalized, that takes away most of the black market for it, which is where people come in contact with more heavy duty drugs & shady people.

Its like with most things, use in moderation and its not a problem.

I think its pretty much the same as with alcohol when it comes to mind rotting.
Use it in excess ie abuse it, and its bad.
A joint every now and then or a drink every now and then never hurt anyone.

But as you say, for the society, the biggest costs coming from marijuana are actually because its illegal in alot of places, im thinking about the police costs, people in prison etc.
You dont get many people getting agressive by smoking, and if its legalized, that takes away most of the black market for it, which is where people come in contact with more heavy duty drugs & shady people.

Its like with most things, use in moderation and its not a problem.
Sorry my post didn’t really reflect what I meant mate.

alcohol is by far the worst thing ever (obviously barring the likes of heroin or meth)

and yes totally agree it has a negative affect on many thus rotting the mind, infact my uncle died due to alcoholism and it was a horrible way to go.

he was a well over averagely educated man, a fantastic artist and man of music who had it all, once the drink took over he lost his wife whom was beautiful, then his little girl and the work slowly followed until it was a circle of self destruction caused directly due to alcohol.

he actually played in bands with a few famous people and he’s on the internet showing his art and sadly his tragic past.

just thought I should clarify how alcohol is beyond bad and wasn’t for a moment attempting to say it’s not.

ive also worked the doors on clubs and pubs over the years, and the club nights where the patrons took mdma, ecstasy where great places to work as they where All loved up and there for the music alone, can’t remember ever having to sort out a issue.

now almost every evening where it’s purely a basic club or pub those that are in there are full of alcohol and now depressingly (Coke) I hate the stuff...

all those lot want to do is talk utter shite and pretend they are something they are not full of stories and aggression, a few lines and a few pints for some odd reason makes them think they can fight a years trained sober boxer of 15 years...

Sorry ranted on there, but alcohol is horrible.
look at domestic violence and men beating women full of drink for example, the silly accidents happening to booze.

so yes the weed isn’t good for the mind, but in comparison it’s a damn site Better for society than drinking.

[In reply to Stevidoo's post above regarding detroit]

Having failed to certify the results, the board is now required to immediately deliver to the secretary of the Board of State Canvassers all election records so the state board can certify the results. Under state law, the board must certify the results within 10 days of receiving the records from the board of canvassers.

^ does this present a big problem to the dems?

Lonnie Scott, executive director of Progress Michigan, a progressive advocacy organization, also called on the Republican members of the board to certify the election earlier Tuesday.

"No canvassing board has ever refused to certify an election. Refusal to certify the results is just a partisan attempt to stretch out the process, feed Trump’s lies about our elections, and set up a right-wing power grab that ignores the will of the people," Scott said in a press release.

^ would this be possible with no factual evidence?

Having failed to certify the results, the board is now required to immediately deliver to the secretary of the Board of State Canvassers all election records so the state board can certify the results. Under state law, the board must certify the results within 10 days of receiving the records from the board of canvassers.

Lonnie Scott, executive director of Progress Michigan, a progressive advocacy organization, also called on the Republican members of the board to certify the election earlier Tuesday.

"No canvassing board has ever refused to certify an election. Refusal to certify the results is just a partisan attempt to stretch out the process, feed Trump’s lies about our elections, and set up a right-wing power grab that ignores the will of the people," Scott said in a press release.

That would go to the courts I think?

I did some Twittering thing.

So that's what will happen.

Trump-train running out of steam.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

<--- debunking of the lies spread by Trump&company.

All this talk about fraud and cheating, and the only ones who get caught trying to cheat are Republicans.
Weird. :rolleyes:

Sausage 2024!!

hhgff.gif

Only tried Minecraft a couple of times, took me ages just to build a little house.
Guess some have more patience than i do.

lol, I bought a PS3 and have like 30 games still in the wrapper (including Minecraft) sitting on a shelf.
I thought I could get into playing video games, but havent the patience.
Years ago, too many nights I'd be up well past sun up still playing Civ or some such

I could be wrong on this but i think the courts have already ruled that access they were given were in line with the court order.

"
President Trump’s campaign on Sunday
challenging the election results in Pennsylvania.
Trump’s attorneys filed a revised version of the lawsuit, removing allegations that election officials violated the Trump campaign’s constitutional rights by limiting the ability of their observers to watch votes being counted.

Trump and Rudolph W. Giuliani, his personal attorney, have said repeatedly that more than 600,000 votes in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh should be invalidated because of this issue.
Trump’s pared-down lawsuit now focuses on allegations that Republicans were illegally disadvantaged because some Democratic-leaning counties allowed voters to fix errors on their mail ballots. Counties have said this affected only a small number of votes.

Cliff Levine, an attorney representing the Democratic Party in the case, said on Sunday evening that Trump’s move meant his lawsuit could not possibly change the result."

So they already dropped the lawsuit about "meaningful access" that hes talking about in the video.

Time for Pence to step up and use the 25th amendment maybe?
Trump keeps spewing the same lies over and over, and the only ones losing out are the American people.
If he spent a fraction of the time he does tweeting on actually doing stuff he would probably have been re-elected-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back