New Star Trek Movie

winbig

Keep winning this amount.
OMG...even if you're not a Trekkie, you need to see this movie.

It's awesome!!! Even if you've never seen and of the Star Trek movies or episodes before, you won't be lost in the story.

If I had it to do over again, I'd see it in a regular theater first and then see it in IMAX. Don't get me wrong, but the IMAX show was great, but there's just so much action going on that with the huge screen, you're not going to see every little thing that's going on...if that makes any sense...

And without going into any spoilers, the story line is great, and I see many more Trek movies in the near future!!!

It's already rated 8.6 on IMDB with just under 10K votes so far...

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

I am glad you enjoyed it, I love Star Trek myself, have been for a long time. When I go to Las Vegas I am going to check the Star Trek Experience. And as the movie goes yea me and my husband are going to see it..

omg, yes you have to see the ST experience in Vegas. I loved it! While you're there, be sure to eat at Quark's Bar. Excellent food with good prices and HUGE portions...I got the chili appetizer and it was a full meal for me...I was stuffed.

I'm so glad they re-opened it. They closed the Star Trek experience last summer, but worked out a deal with Paramount to re-open it the day the new Star Trek movie debuted.

Here's some pics I snapped at the ST experience:

These ships are huge, and hanging from the ceiling...these pictures definitely do not do them justice.

Trek1.jpg

Trek2.jpg

Trek6.jpg

Trek3.jpg

This one was from inside Quark's Bar:

Trek8.jpg

I haven't seen the movie yet but I'm seriously hoping they retain the old Kirk style of fighting. I want to see the double handed karate chop to the neck to free himself from an alien grip or even better the two hands on a rock drop kick.

Beam me up Scotty.
(which is actually a euphemism for "Pour me another glass of bourbon you scottish freak.")

(.... Assuming they still have Jim Beam in the 23rd century.)

I haven't seen the movie yet but I'm seriously hoping they retain the old Kirk style of fighting. I want to see the double handed karate chop to the neck to free himself from an alien grip or even better the two hands on a rock drop kick.

Beam me up Scotty.
(which is actually a euphemism for "Pour me another glass of bourbon you scottish freak.")

(.... Assuming they still have Jim Beam in the 23rd century.)

I'm not going to give any spoilers out, but you won't be disappointed on any counts. :p

dude, this is a movie you have to see in the theater...I saw the copy online and it sucks :p

I d/l'd the copy that's floating around today as well Win, and you're right, it sucked, lol. I watched the first maybe three minutes, and deleted it without burning it. I doubt I'll go to the theater....I only get to do that for kid's movies these days, lol. But within a few weeks or a month, there'll be a good copy of it. I burn all my movies to disc, and then watch them on tv. Think I'm up to about 500 movies now. It's great for when my cable goes out, or there's crap on tv. Like during the summer, when all that's on is repeats.

But I am looking forward to this movie, the couple of minutes I saw looked awesome. I wanna see that new Terminators movie also when it comes out...the special effects look great from what I've seen of it.

I just downloaded a movie called 12 Rounds today, will probably watch it this week sometime. It's your run of the mill action movie, but it looks decent, something like Eagle Eye. I either like a good action movie, or something that scares the shit out of me....ha ha.

I can't believe how low people's standards can be. I saw some comments and they were giving the online copy a 6 or 7/10...:what:

There's no way I could sit through the entire 2 hours watching something that had that poor of quality...

I guess it depends too on the size of your monitor...I use my 40" HD, so of course it's going to look worse.....maybe it looks better on a 17 or 19"...

I can't believe how low people's standards can be. I saw some comments and they were giving the online copy a 6 or 7/10...:what:

There's no way I could sit through the entire 2 hours watching something that had that poor of quality...

I guess it depends too on the size of your monitor...I use my 40" HD, so of course it's going to look worse.....maybe it looks better on a 17 or 19"...

Totally agree....and sometimes I'll actually ask at the forum I belong to and wait for a moderator to answer and give me their opinion. I've had good video, but shit audio....and that's just as bad. And then you get the idiots that post a link saying it's DVD rip quality, and it turns out it's a cam version or a Telesync, and a bad one at that.

Trust me, it didn't look better on a smaller monitor. Mine is 19", and the picture quality on it is really good....but the copy of this movie sucked. :laugh:

This movie just opened here, and is getting rave reviews especially on he cast and the cgi effects. Look forward to seeing it.

Saw it yesterday with the kids. They kind of enjoyed it, and so did I - but I think the ones who will enjoy this most are those who are Trekkies, and understand the roles of some of the main characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back