My online slots videos (plus UK AWPs)

Latest couple of reuploads, the Mega DOND one is pretty shit and was one of the early videos on the old channel when I still had a crap headset, but it's a decent demonstration of how the cashpots are (1) Completely free and (2) Maintained completely independently on each of the three stakes, so if all three are maxed out at £70 you can take £210 in free wins, the machine will be really happy as it basically hasn't paid anything out from the 'compensated pot', so will chuck a final jackpot or big win into your lap. £300+ from a compensated AWP was entirely possible.

The DOND Gold video demonstrates the 'proper' method to extract the cashpots from the machine and its clones (of which there were several), once again £200-£300 available here from a single machine. You had to be prepared to do a plug though if Naughty Noel put the wrong thing in the box.....

A guilty pleasure of mine....knew i shouldn't play it, play it i did. Low boxes going, getting excited with the top 3 still there.

BFM definitely hit on a winning formula with the DOND machines, unfortunately they were almost all completely fuckable by 'those in the know', so like much of the compensated machine landscape, it ultimately devoured itself.

But yes, the DOND game itself was quite exciting, especially if you couldn't 'read your box', like all the pro players could!

Those damn Mega's, the amount of times I had a hangover but had to play it when passing a must buy a pint pub which resulted in a repeat of the previous night falls into the hundreds.

They were awful, awful machines if someone who knew what they were doing was on top of them. They would never open the DOND game for a casual player and would block constantly at £3-5 for ages. Same as for a lot of the DONDs really, the question was asked over at Desert Island Fruits, 'How many of the DOND's weren't fuckable?' and the answer came back from an ex pro-player, 'Not many'.

And here's a thing, I can't really think of anywhere else to put this so I'll put it here. I was out in Peel yesterday with a couple of mates, it was quite a long session so as the evening drew to a close we were well into the double vodka Red Bulls and I got a bit 'cavalier' with my playing of the random £500 machine in the last pub. (Don't drink and gamble!)

The machine has 20 lines, and is played at a fixed stake of 10p per line, you can choose to play 1-3-5-10-20 lines, so your stake is 10p/20p/50p/£1/£2 with the maximum prize capped at 250x stake, which gives a £500 jackpot on £2 play. (With it scaling down from there.) It runs at a fixed percentage of 94% across all stakes which is displayed clearly on the screen at all times. (Online slots, take note!)

Anyway because we were all a bit pissed my mates starting bashing all the buttons and randomly touching areas on the touchscreen and I was like 'Fucking stop doing that' and then something weird happened, the stake per line changed to 30p, and all the stakes changed accordingly, with the top 20 line option now costing £6 per spin (which wouldn't even be legal!).

It's like they'd entered some sort of engineer code or something that had changed the parameters of the machine, it had even increased the percentage, because the screen now showed PAYOUT 96%. (When it's always, always been 94%, but the new higher stakes also meant a higher percentage.)

I actually did alright on the new higher percentage, playing five lines so £1.50p per spin, got my balance up to £120 which would have repaired most of the damage and my mate was like COLLECT IT COLLECT IT YOU'VE NEARLY GOT ALL YOUR MONEY BACK but I was like, 'Just a bit more then I'll take it', and like a bellpiece I gambled it down to zero, so that was stupid.

Once I stopped playing the machine and it went back into attract mode, the stake per line dropped back to 10p and the percentage changed back to 94%. I put another £20 note in and we tried to replicate what had just happened, but we absolutely could not get it go back to 30p per line and 96% whatever combinations of buttons we pressed and randomly touching all over the touchscreens, I honestly have no idea how we did it.

So I played it a bit more on 10p/10 lines (so £1 per spin) and got my balance up to £50 and collected that. Still left losses for the session at £150 though. Still, can't win 'em all!

This is the machine (the exact one in the pub from last night)

1673774574464.png

And here's a still from an earlier video on my channel of the machine, you can clearly see that it says 94% payout and that the bet is 10p per line, well last night, after all the random button bashing it said PAYOUT 96% and it had changed to 30p EACH LINE. (I really wish I'd got a picture of it TBH.)

Anyway, very strange!

1673774810829.png

They were awful, awful machines if someone who knew what they were doing was on top of them. They would never open the DOND game for a casual player and would block constantly at £3-5 for ages. Same as for a lot of the DONDs really, the question was asked over at Desert Island Fruits, 'How many of the DOND's weren't fuckable?' and the answer came back from an ex pro-player, 'Not many'.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I had 1 close by for a few years in a very busy pub on the seafront. It got alot of action due to bands regularly playing at the pub and I'd walk past it almost daily due to where it was.

I meant that since it was located in an often packed 'must buy a pint in eer bruv' pub, I'd often walk past while sporting a hangover with no intention of playing, almost hoping it hadn't noticeably changed since the day or 2 before where I'd had it ot or walked past, end up going in and getting on the beer, and hitting a few other pubs and fruits after, because walking on by meant maybe leaving value for someone else. That happened hundreds of times because of how long that damn mega was there, and how much I tried to keep on top. probably 4+ years ;)

Latest reuploads, I did make a fuckload of videos for the old channel (over 400), probably spent something in the region of 2500-3000 hours on it over its life, which is more hours than in the average working year.

Anyway, we have a fruit machine emulation memories video, a video where I try to do the method twice in succession on Barcrest's Lotta Luck (something you'd never do for real), and one about Chico The Bandit, a great old AWP by Project that had a bonkers streak in it (£50+ on a £6 jackpot was possible).

Reupload time again.

Pie Factory and Clones (the 'Vivid Method') is largely credited by 'pro players' as being a pivotal machine in the process of the beginning of the end when it came to playing fruit machines for a living, it was the early days of the 'full internet era', the internet wasn't just for nerds any more, people had mobile phones, everyone was far more connected, and these machines attracted the attention of everyone - and they had the means to talk to each other.

The Andy Capp videos are a two-part series, part one was just intended to be one of my 'machine round up' style videos but during the course of making it I realised it seemed to be really blocking a certain win. £8000 later (!!!!) and yeah, the code on this compensated AWP just completely blocked the jackpot repeater for an infinite period of time, you would literally never win on this machine if you tried to get the jackpot in a certain way.

Compensated machines really were the spawn of the devil, and an entire industry made out like bandits for decades, whilst never even remotely getting the fucking things working properly.

Latest reuploads. I am getting to the end of the road now with the fruit machine/fruit machine emulation reuploads (about twenty or so left), there's only a finite number of them at the end of the day. I've had a look into some of the online slots videos, and there are some in there that might be worth a reupload (my world-ending spawn on The Final Countdown, for example), and I'd forgotten about the 2300x stake win I had on DOA2. I'll exhaust the fruit machine stuff first though, as that was the whole point of the new channel.

Anyway:

BEHIND DOOR ONE - A video about an ancient Barcrest MPU2 machine from 1981 (!), and a family of machines BFM kicked out in the mid 1990s, we learned some interesting trivia about this era of BFM machines over at Desert Island Fruits.

1675971815560.png

BEHIND DOOR TWO - A 'single machine' video, the toweringly magnificent Snakes & Ladders by JPM.

BEHIND DOOR THREE - The 'release review' video I made about MFMEV19, the emulator that makes all of this stuff possible, and whose author very sadly passed away in August 2020.

Latest reuploads. I am getting to the end of the road now with the fruit machine/fruit machine emulation reuploads (about twenty or so left), there's only a finite number of them at the end of the day. I've had a look into some of the online slots videos, and there are some in there that might be worth a reupload (my world-ending spawn on The Final Countdown, for example), and I'd forgotten about the 2300x stake win I had on DOA2. I'll exhaust the fruit machine stuff first though, as that was the whole point of the new channel.

Anyway:

BEHIND DOOR ONE - A video about an ancient Barcrest MPU2 machine from 1981 (!), and a family of machines BFM kicked out in the mid 1990s, we learned some interesting trivia about this era of BFM machines over at Desert Island Fruits.

View attachment 179602

BEHIND DOOR TWO - A 'single machine' video, the toweringly magnificent Snakes & Ladders by JPM.

BEHIND DOOR THREE - The 'release review' video I made about MFMEV19, the emulator that makes all of this stuff possible, and whose author very sadly passed away in August 2020.

Any 3 dice stuff going up on the channel? Theres a brand new game out called Lycos something or other looks interesting

Hi i just gave the new slot on 3dice a small try out - £30 deposit 25p spins went quick and too small a sample to see if its any good. 243 ways ... seemed to tease allot - will be giving it a bigger bash soon when I get a proper deposit method sorted out - as crypto I only have one online wallet and that is kind of limited and the fees they charge and creeping up. Coinbase was very good but they shut me down as they clocked the gambling transactions ;)

Any 3 dice stuff going up on the channel? Theres a brand new game out called Lycos something or other looks interesting
Hi i just gave the new slot on 3dice a small try out - £30 deposit 25p spins went quick and too small a sample to see if its any good. 243 ways ... seemed to tease allot - will be giving it a bigger bash soon when I get a proper deposit method sorted out - as crypto I only have one online wallet and that is kind of limited and the fees they charge and creeping up. Coinbase was very good but they shut me down as they clocked the gambling transactions ;)

I've had it running for three hours in real money play so far, I'll do a proper review thread for it here at CM like I did for Dice Fusion and Legion :)

Does anyone know if the game is a clone of anything? Both Dice Fusion and Legion were clones.

I've had it running for three hours in real money play so far, I'll do a proper review thread for it here at CM like I did for Dice Fusion and Legion :)

Does anyone know if the game is a clone of anything? Both Dice Fusion and Legion were clones.

I was looking for traces of clonism ... but unless I missed something I think not. Managed 1 bonus round on a £10 comp this morning - it has pay potential when you get the more wilds and stacked symbols - I "think" it can turn more symbols to the wild ball thingy or it gives an extra spin ... not sure as was only half awake playing it this morning. Initial feeling from very small sample size is the bonus can be hard to trigger and it does seem to give 2 scatters (balls) a lot. But this is with only £40 max to throw at it. When I work out a better deposit method I will give it a good run. The actual theme / look seems a bit mehh ... not sure what it means if owt at all. But not bad so far one I will go back to.

Gah I've got a bit behind again so here are the last few reuploads.

INDIANA JONES - A Red Gaming machine that was a little bit different than their usual output of the time, but this video also has a reasonably deep dive into what an involved process creating a layout for the emulator can be.

EMPTYING ACE'S PAY RISE - Two videos for this one, both with the same ROMs, but in the first video I still manage to stuff the emptier up, whereas in the second video I get it right. ACE machines around this era were absolutely terrible for exploits and emptiers, I had no idea at the time of course, and routinely lost my shirt. Some of the worst kickings I ever had back in my bad old addict days were on this family of machines.

ARCADE SIMULATOR PART 3 - This was an update video for where the amazing Arcade Simulator project was at the time (October 2021).

CHEATING ALIEN CAUGHT IN THE ACT - An incredibly scummy late chip for Barcrest's Alien that would give a hint NEXT NUMBER WILL BE 0, on a machine with a hi/lo reel that ran 1-12.

The arrows on the Indiana Jones games relate to the paylines. For example, arrows on winline 2 add arrows to Add Cash, winline 5 adds to the top magnifying glass thing etc.
There is also a little thing on this where if you get reel revolver, you stop the spinning wheel on the feature symbol, then on the next ones leave it to time out and you will eventually get jackpot.

Couple of new reuploads.

The playing a random machine in the pub video is exactly what it sounds like, the machine played like an absolute pig and took a modest chunk of cash off me and my mates. Features gratuitous rubbing of a £20 note on testicles.

The Easy Streak/Lockbuster video covers a couple of BFM machines that were nice on the £15 jackpot, but stinky on the £25 jackpot.

Latest reuploads, not too many left in the tank now, although there are some online slots videos I'd like to get back out there.

JPM'S SIDEWINDER is the Roller Coaster (near) clone that I think is better than Roller Coaster, I prefer the theme and the music.

JPM'S BONANZA is a magnificent old £6 AWP that stuck around with £8 and £10 updates (that were both awful), lots of memories of this one and got me thinking about AWP jackpot dates and when they were introduced.

JPM'S NUDGE SHUFFLE is a really elderly machine from 1981 when I was only 7 years old, but the love the guy who made the layout for the machine had for it compelled me to do the video.

Here's something moderately interesting, if you're interested in this sort of thing :)

The 'Deal Or No Deal' fruit machines were incredibly popular for years, the company that made them, BFM, sold bazillions of them all the way from the £25 era, right through to the £100 era. The traditional reel based AWP has effectively died now, to be replaced by digital units running random games (less susceptible to fuckery than compensated machines, and can be updated remotely as they're internet connected).

However, whilst, they were still a thing, loads of other companies tried to make their own sort of 'DOND variants' to cash in on the craze.

One of the most successful were Betcom, who basically took their existing machine template and stuck a DOND style game on it, but because they were doing it on the cheap, they eschewed the actual physical mirrored reel and box arrangement of the proper DOND machines, and did the whole thing just with lamps instead.

On the proper DOND machines, the DOND game couldn't cheat you, the DOND reel would spin to a value which would be your 'box' (like on the TV show), and it would move a mirrored reel to cover the box so you couldn't see what was in there, you would then play a Deal Or No Deal game, either taking the banker's offer at some point, or No Dealing all the way down to reveal the contents of your box, which it would do by moving the mirror element of the reel off to one side.

This meant that if you Dealed at any point, and the box was revealed to you, that was what had been in the box all along, and similarly if you No Dealed all the way down, the box reveal at the end was genuine.

The Betcoms didn't have the reel, mirror and box, so they did their 'box reveal' just by flashing a value lamp, which was intended to be the reveal of your 'box' after you'd Dealed or No Dealed.

Now, it has long been suspected that this arrangement allowed the Betcom machines to cheat, by changing the 'box' reveal based on player actions, to make it look like there had been a better option available.

So say for example you No Dealed all the way down to £1 and £100 as the only two values left, and your offer from the banker was £40. Let's say you took the £40 offer but the machine then flashed the £100 at you, i.e. YOUR BOX WAS £100, YOU JUST MISSED OUT ON £60. Kick in the nuts right?

But what if we could rewind time and repeat that final offer, and if you decided to reject the £40 offer, the machine then reveals your box as the £1, and gives you £1. That'd be pretty shitty right?

But without a time machine, how do you ever prove it?

Step in emulation, virtualisation, and snapshot technology. Just something I've been playing around with :)

These videos are unlisted for now, I'll be gathering some more footage and making them into a proper video for the channel.

(And yes I know this is how pick me bonus rounds work with online slots, but remember we're talking about compensated machines here where the operations of these rounds had been well established by the proper DOND machines.)

The videos are only 2-3 minutes long each.

I made a proper video for the channel about this.

Might give you a chuckle, this is when they turned one of the machines on in the pub yesterday.

They connect out to the internet as well to get game updates!

1679142182231.png
1679142192501.png

Loads of terminals still use windows XP embedded TBH, as XP was and is pretty stable OS by all accounts, a lot of ATMS are also still on XP embedded too.

Loads of terminals still use windows XP embedded TBH, as XP was and is pretty stable OS by all accounts, a lot of ATMS are also still on XP embedded too.

Oh yeah for sure, the terminals in M&S here are still running Embedded XP (as I saw the other day when one of them was starting up), XP was (is!) a phenomenally good operating system, arguably the best MS have ever produced, all the rock-solid stability of NT/2000 but with the bells and whistles you'd want on a home OS.

Still slightly amusing to see it booting up in the pub and the dear old Windows XP logo appears though :D It even had a standard PC BIOS screen on it too, the BIOS was dated 2010.

Latest reuploads.

WINNER TAKES ALL focuses on a couple of old £6 jackpot AWPs from Barcrest, one of which goes feral and promptly hoses me down for £20, which doesn't sound like much, but this is a machine that came out in 1993/94 when £20 was a modest chunk of change, and got me ruminating on how we have to remember that for all the rose-tinted retrospection we can do in the here and now, these were dangerous gambling devices that could take a lot of money off you. (Which they did in my case for a decade until I finally got a bit of a clue.)

BANDS OF GOLD draws attention to a rather rare and funky lo-tech from the FME archives (it's never been re-released in the 'new era' of FME), that I felt deserved a bit of attention. Also demonstrates the Max The Monster rip on Manic Money Monster, which some people don't think is a rip.

CHEATING BETCOMS is not a reupload, it's a new video, I've already highlighted above but this one has done rather well by the standards of my channel (it might even make it to 1000 views, lol), and generated quite a bit of chatter over at Desert Island Fruits and on a couple of UK fruit machine Facebook groups. In the video I use virtualisation and its ability to snapshot a running virtual machine that has the emulator on it, and can then 'rewind time' to see if the machine cheats on the DOND game reveals. (Spoiler alert - it does.)

Also contains a 'man in the street' explainer of what virtualisation is and how it works, for those of a curious disposition.

Last edited:
If you want to watch me get my ass kicked by a random machine in the pub on 90% RTP, this is the video for you.

Putting Good Friday to good use, with alcohol and gambling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back